LGBTs Get Backlash: North Carolinians Began Collecting Damages for NCAA Pulling Out: Oops!

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
And when a ball starts to roll...roll on it shall... (From: NCAA Boycotts NC Over Bathroom Law )

I guess conservatives are finding out their beloved free market can come back to bite them occasionally.
Or, conversely, if conservatives in North Carolina (the state, properly) had oral or written contracts with the NCAA for games being played there for NC's financial enjoyment, the court system will come back to bite the NCAA.

The NCAA cannot commit fiscal-terrorism against North Carolina because that states' sovereign and duly elected representatives of the People of NC are acting to protect women and girls from sexual harassment (being forced by "law" to undress in front of deranged men behind doors marked "women")

This will be taken to Law.

Fiscal terrorism is exactly what it is. It is a conspiracy by a group, using financial punishment as a club, to force women and girls to disrobe in front of men in their showers, locker rooms and bathrooms; whether or not they agree to.

I'm going to guess that the NCAA has protected its right to change tournament venues in whatever legal paperwork may be involved here.

I'm going to guess those rights didn't include "as punishment for North Carolina protecting North Carolina's women and girls from sexual harassment in their showers and bathrooms."

This will be taken to Law, as I said.

Ruh-roh! It's already starting!: This is not the only dude who will lose money if NCAA pulls out of NC:

The day after the announcement, athletic director at East Carolina University, Jeff Compher, spoke out about this decision, saying he is disappointed and that ECU Athletics has already invested close to $8,000 in preparation for the tournament...."Today, I haven't had a follow up question, but in a voicemail message from a representative from the NCAA, they did say they would help us defray any costs that we had incurred, so I hope to have some additional conversations with the NCAA in the next couple days just to see the extent to which they will help us in those costs," Compher says....He also says he's hopeful for a quick resolution and that the games are brought back in the future. ECU's athletic director responds to NCAA pulling games out of North Carolina

Aw heck. Just skip the voicemail conversations and have some lawyers pay them a personal visit to ask how much $$ they're willing to shell out to people in North Carolina already out a ton of cash via preparing for the various (golf, football, basketball...etc.) meets that had been scheduled.

Near as I can tell, you cannot renege on a contract, or fiscally punish individuals here and there because a state passed a law you don't like.

Fiscal terrorism? :lol::lmao:

North Carolina lawmakers that voted for these draconian laws are already saying they should repeal the laws. North Carolina is getting bitch-slapped left and right and boy does it sting. Maybe they should force the Tarheels to back out of the NCAA basketball tournament. THAT would show'em!

Be sure to hold your breath on that one.

The NCAA is well within it's rights to boycott the state, and North Carolina is well within it's rights to sue if a contract is in place. North Carolina's governor though should weigh very carefully if he goes through with it. Contract violation isn't always easy to prove and the NCAA has very very deep pockets and very good lawyers. Going to court and then on to appeal will cost the taxpayers millions with little hope of recouping the money in a timely manner.

I'm betting though the NCAA is in the clear on this one. They wouldn't have pulled the events if there wasn't a legal out in the contract.

And when a ball starts to roll...roll on it shall... (From: NCAA Boycotts NC Over Bathroom Law )

I guess conservatives are finding out their beloved free market can come back to bite them occasionally.
Or, conversely, if conservatives in North Carolina (the state, properly) had oral or written contracts with the NCAA for games being played there for NC's financial enjoyment, the court system will come back to bite the NCAA.

The NCAA cannot commit fiscal-terrorism against North Carolina because that states' sovereign and duly elected representatives of the People of NC are acting to protect women and girls from sexual harassment (being forced by "law" to undress in front of deranged men behind doors marked "women")

Fiscal terrorism is exactly what it is. It is a conspiracy by a group, using financial punishment as a club, to force women and girls to disrobe in front of men in their showers, locker rooms and bathrooms; whether or not they agree to.

I'm going to guess that the NCAA has protected its right to change tournament venues in whatever legal paperwork may be involved here.

I'm going to guess those rights didn't include "as punishment for North Carolina protecting North Carolina's women and girls from sexual harassment in their showers and bathrooms."

Ruh-roh! It's already starting!: This is not the only dude who will lose money if NCAA pulls out of NC:

The day after the announcement, athletic director at East Carolina University, Jeff Compher, spoke out about this decision, saying he is disappointed and that ECU Athletics has already invested close to $8,000 in preparation for the tournament...."Today, I haven't had a follow up question, but in a voicemail message from a representative from the NCAA, they did say they would help us defray any costs that we had incurred, so I hope to have some additional conversations with the NCAA in the next couple days just to see the extent to which they will help us in those costs," Compher says....He also says he's hopeful for a quick resolution and that the games are brought back in the future. ECU's athletic director responds to NCAA pulling games out of North Carolina

Aw heck. Just skip the voicemail conversations and have some lawyers pay them a personal visit to ask how much $$ they're willing to shell out to people in North Carolina already out a ton of cash via preparing for the various (golf, football, basketball...etc.) meets that had been scheduled.

Near as I can tell, you cannot renege on a contract, or fiscally punish individuals here and there because a state passed a law you don't like.

$8000.00?

Okay, here's $4000.00, now fuck off.

If this is as accurate as any of your other legal predictions, the NCAA is in the clear. ;)

rotsa ruck ECU. LOL

We in Miss havn't had a tourney for years cause we fly the stars an' bars. Never surrender! Oh wait, we did.

The libs won't stop until they've destroyed everything and this is just another attack on fundamental human decency. We need to send NCAA a message and boycott them. Also, make plans to visit North Carolina and stay in their hotels, eat at their restaurants, and see their tourist attractions. Let the governor know you support their state.

The beauty of these sorts of boycotts is that they beat the RW bigots at their own game.

The NCAA is well within it's rights to boycott the state, and North Carolina is well within it's rights to sue if a contract is in place. North Carolina's governor though should weigh very carefully if he goes through with it. Contract violation isn't always easy to prove and the NCAA has very very deep pockets and very good lawyers. Going to court and then on to appeal will cost the taxpayers millions with little hope of recouping the money in a timely manner.

I'm betting though the NCAA is in the clear on this one. They wouldn't have pulled the events if there wasn't a legal out in the contract.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that if there were contracts cancelled because the NCAA ADVERTISED their intent to cancel was to fiscally punish citizens of North Carolina (individually and all collectively) for the expressed reason "because you won't let biological males into women and girls locker rooms, bathrooms and showers to disrobe with them"....there's a contract violation.

The governor has to think about that for about five minutes. The big thing will be getting the standing right. Who has standing to sue. My guess will be the individuals defrauded by the NCAA violating contracts in order to sexually harass the women & minor girls of NC. But the AG of North Carolina might have a different angle? Some other cause of action I'm sure I didn't think of yet.

Last edited:

The NCAA isnt within its rights to boycott a state that preserves the rights of women and children.

The NCAA isnt within its rights to boycott a state that preserves the rights of women and children.

The NCAA can boycott anything it wants, within its own bylaws.

If this is as accurate as any of your other legal predictions, the NCAA is in the clear. ;)

Yep almost a guarantee that the NCAA will never be sued.

$8000.00 the guy wants?

And he's got the receipts to prove he spent that much??

$8000.... as in Thousand??

Yeah, oh boy, the NCAA is Trouble Now!!

Look out!!

All women and children?

Ah the LGBT spam crew is here to bleed off pages. Too bad the meat and potatoes that everyone reads is on page #1. Knock yourselves out girls.

BTW, if you read the OP's details, you'll see that I said this was ONE GUY so far. As if there was only one person in the entire state of North Carolina with a legal claim of contract violation against the NCAA.. Not by a longshot. Fasten your seatbelts. This is going to be a long and expensive ride.

Or they are run by libs and acted out of emotion. If there's a contract they are fucked, good on the governor's office for spanking them.

Forum List

Back