🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Liberal environmentalists blamed for Calif. water crisis

Lots of thirsty illegals don't help either.
Stupid premise. End of story.

Speaking of stupid ^^^^

The state's population has doubled since the bright lights in Sacramento stopped development of new reservoirs.

Which has what to do with illegal aliens?

It seems you are unacquainted with Math and Logic. What happens to a population when millions of people are added?
All those millions of illegals, watering their lawns.....is that the theory here?

Whatever. You're not interested in an honest discussion of why we have a water supply problem.

Stupid premise. End of story.

Speaking of stupid ^^^^

The state's population has doubled since the bright lights in Sacramento stopped development of new reservoirs.

It seems you are unacquainted with Math and Logic. What happens to a population when millions of people are added?
All those millions of illegals, watering their lawns.....is that the theory here?

Whatever. You're not interested in an honest discussion of why we have a water supply problem.

You apparently want to focus on the least likely cause of the water shortage that anyone outside of a FOX News bubble could ever imagine.

The drought is caused by lack of precipitation.

Who/What caused the lack of precipitation? Ice Age-Global Warming-Climate Change-Bush Cheney?? Bottom line is that you Leftists are going to want the people to pay the penance. Think a citizen from another country who broke the law entering California is going to abide by such a mandate or are you people going to give them a pass and only hold citizens accountable?

I blame Memories Pizza and their refusal to cater a hypothetical gay wedding and Daddy Duck Dynasty for advocating that men marry 15 year old girls.

Judging from the moonbat outrage, these are the seminal issues of the past few millenia.

Here's my prediction, California will get just enough rain and snow pack from this recent storm to get through the summer, but God will continue to punish Texas.

Speaking of stupid ^^^^

You apparently want to focus on the least likely cause of the water shortage that anyone outside of a FOX News bubble could ever imagine.

Oh blah blah blah Fox News blah blah blah.

I, and many others, have mentioned in this thread that California has not developed any new reservoirs in decades. The state government actively cancelled such plans in the 1970s The population has doubled since then. If you can't see how such growth puts pressure on infrastructure, than I can't help you. But you don't want help understanding the issue - you just want to spew anti Fox nonsense.

Oh blah blah blah Fox News blah blah blah.

I, and many others, have mentioned in this thread that California has not developed any new reservoirs in decades. The state government actively cancelled such plans in the 1970s The population has doubled since then. If you can't see how such growth puts pressure on infrastructure, than I can't help you. But you don't want help understanding the issue - you just want to spew anti Fox nonsense.

Which, once again, has zip to do with illegal aliens. The California farm industry couldn't survive without them.

I could even make an argument that environmental policies have hurt water production in California. Unfortunately none of these people know what those reasons are, and I'm not going to help them. Even though I could make their argument far better than they could.

Former Hewlett-Packard CEO and potential Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina is blaming California’s water crisis on “liberal environmentalists” who are “willing to sacrifice other people’s lives and livelihoods at the altar of their ideology.”

“With different policies over the last 20 years, all of this could be avoided,” Ms. Fiorina said in an interview Monday on Glenn Beck’s radio show, The Blazereported. “Despite the fact that California has suffered from droughts for millennia, liberal environmentalists have prevented the building of a single new reservoir or a single new water conveyance system over decades during a period in which California’s population has doubled.”

Ms. Fiorina said that as a result, 70 percent of California’s rainfall “washes out to sea” every year, The Blaze reported.

“California is a classic case of liberals being willing to sacrifice other people’s lives and livelihoods at the altar of their ideology. It is a tragedy,” Ms. Fiorina said.

“Government has grown so huge, so powerful, so costly, so complex, it is literally crushing the life out of this country,” she argued. “It is crushing small and family-owned businesses, which are the economic engine of our nation. It is crushing possibilities out of people’s lives by entangling them in a web of dependence from which they cannot escape. The weight, the cost and the power of government are literally crushing the potential of the nation.

“We must, absolutely must, get government under control, which means reducing its size and its power and its complexity in really fundamental ways,” Ms. Fiorina said, The Blaze reported. “And that is why I am seriously considering running for president, and will make a final decision over the next month or so. I have come to the point of view that too many politicians have been captured in this system for too long, and they no longer see what needs to be done.”

California Gov. Jerry Brown announced a crackdown last week on residential and businesses in an effort to reduce overall water usage by 25 percent over the next nine months.

Read more: Carly Fiorina blames liberal environmentalists for California water crisis - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

VerdeConserv.jpg

VerdeLib.jpg

John-Hawkins-on-Hypocritical-Environmentalists.jpg

Someone should ask Carly if she knows the difference between consumptive and nonconsumptive water usage.

Dumbass. The Enviro-Nazis have gotten the state to let large amounts of water out of the reservoirs each year instead of maintaining full capacity.
Indeed!
The Emptying of Northern California Reservoirs
So now suddenly "AGRIBUSINESS INTERESTS" are "The Enviro-Nazius." You CON$ervoFascists are amazing!

From YOUR own link:

While the drought has received major national and regional mainstream and alternative media attention, most media outlets have failed to explain how the Bureau of Reclamation and Department of Water Resources systematically drained northern California reservoirs last summer, resulting in low flows and endangering salmon and steelhead in the Sacramento, Feather and American rivers while supplying corporate agribusiness interests with subsidized water and filling Southern California water banks and reservoirs.

Last summer, high water releases down the Sacramento, Feather and American rivers left Shasta, Oroville and Folsom reservoirs at dangerously low levels. Shasta is at 36 percent of capacity and 53 percent of average; Oroville, 36 percent of capacity and 54 percent of average; and Folsom, 17 percent of capacity and 32 percent of average. (http://cdec.water.ca.gov/...)

Yet Pyramid Lake in Los Angeles County is 96 percent of capacity and 101 percent of average, while Castaic Reservoir is 86 percent of capacity and 102 percent of average. Both are State Water Project reservoirs that receive their water from the Delta through the California Aqueduct.

The state and federal water agencies exported massive quantities of water to agribusiness interests and Southern California water agencies, endangering local water supplies and fish populations as the ecosystem continues to collapse. (http://www.sacbee.com/...)

Former Hewlett-Packard CEO and potential Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina is blaming California’s water crisis on “liberal environmentalists” who are “willing to sacrifice other people’s lives and livelihoods at the altar of their ideology.”

“With different policies over the last 20 years, all of this could be avoided,” Ms. Fiorina said in an interview Monday on Glenn Beck’s radio show, The Blazereported. “Despite the fact that California has suffered from droughts for millennia, liberal environmentalists have prevented the building of a single new reservoir or a single new water conveyance system over decades during a period in which California’s population has doubled.”

Ms. Fiorina said that as a result, 70 percent of California’s rainfall “washes out to sea” every year, The Blaze reported.

“California is a classic case of liberals being willing to sacrifice other people’s lives and livelihoods at the altar of their ideology. It is a tragedy,” Ms. Fiorina said.

“Government has grown so huge, so powerful, so costly, so complex, it is literally crushing the life out of this country,” she argued. “It is crushing small and family-owned businesses, which are the economic engine of our nation. It is crushing possibilities out of people’s lives by entangling them in a web of dependence from which they cannot escape. The weight, the cost and the power of government are literally crushing the potential of the nation.

“We must, absolutely must, get government under control, which means reducing its size and its power and its complexity in really fundamental ways,” Ms. Fiorina said, The Blaze reported. “And that is why I am seriously considering running for president, and will make a final decision over the next month or so. I have come to the point of view that too many politicians have been captured in this system for too long, and they no longer see what needs to be done.”

California Gov. Jerry Brown announced a crackdown last week on residential and businesses in an effort to reduce overall water usage by 25 percent over the next nine months.

Read more: Carly Fiorina blames liberal environmentalists for California water crisis - Washington Times

VerdeConserv.jpg

VerdeLib.jpg

Your pictures are funny and correct at an extent.

Fracking use to pump water back into the ground. But a bunch of people died. (There are mountains of researchable paperwork on this matter.)

Now, Big Oil Frackers can't put that water back in the ground and the silly citizens are mad.

Do they want "FREEDOM (sometimes Corporate freedom)" or Water!

Why are Liberals always trying to protect people when profits are at stake?

Watching video's of Texas Christians who are out of water prey for more water instead of stopping the Corporate Frackers makes my brain melt.

Christians were taught years ago not to trust the Suits. The Salesmen. Why is the Right Wing so willing and able to trust them today?

VerdeConserv.jpg

VerdeLib.jpg

Obviously it's because of liberal policies and not due to the fact that the Sierra snowpack is at 25% of its normal level due to climate change. What the hell was I thinking? LMAO!!! You cons kill me.

Forum List

Back