Liberal Rabbi Has An Epiphany

8. " The straw that broke my subscription’s back came on Aug. 19, when Hamas violated yet another truce, sending a fusillade of rockets into Israel. The Wall Street Journal’s headline read, “Gaza Rocket Strikes End Cease Fire.”

A U.S. State Department spokesperson condemned the renewed rocket fire, holding Hamas responsible for causing the ceasefire to break down.

The Times headline: “Rockets From Gaza and Israeli Response Break Cease-Fire.”

Seriously? A newspaper that cannot distinguish between starting a fight and defending oneself is intellectually deficient, morally obtuse, and profoundly unworthy of its readers.

I know the Times won’t miss me. The feeling is mutual." http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/183412/why-im-unsubscribing-to-the-new-york-times

Now, the chicken and the egg question:
Which comes first, the Times providing lies by omission and by commission in order to pander to readers who are anti-Israel....

....or the less than astute actually believing the lies of the NYTimes?

What on earth is a "Liberal Rabbi?" That's nonsense.

Judaism cannot be changed to fit into lives of those who don't feel comfortable enough to keep Mitzvot. That's just stupid.

Following that cataroty (sic), I should be considered orthodox Jew. Which, btw, I am not

Perhaps you'd be happier to have a pope, who could excommunicate those with whom you disagree?

Those are two different things.

I'm not a religious person, though I believe in God, and I don't pretend to be a religious person. If a Rabbi says it's ok to do this and this on Shabbat, when it's nonsense, because we know the Torah prohibits it, then instead of calling it "A non-religious Rabbi" they start calling it "reform Judaism".

Judaism doesn't change. It can adopt modern times and technology, but it stays judasim. Now people shouldn't go around don't things they shouldn't and say "it's 'reform' Judaism" because frankly, they're no different than most non-religious people. What exactly makes them tied to the religion, if they do what they want anyway?

They can believe in whatever they want, but don't invent something out of the blue, and then pretend that God says it's ok to have non-kosher Iphone.

Your demand for 'purity' blinds you to a clear vision of who your real enemies are.

I'm not sure what angers you more, did you pay for a year in advance of the Times, maybe call and get your money back. Or is it just not pro Israel and anti Palestine enough for you, never fear , there are plenty of Jewish newspapers from Israel out there for free even, and they are Pro Israel. You have plenty of reading. Let us people enjoy fair and balanced news.

Judaism cannot be changed to fit into lives of those who don't feel comfortable enough to keep Mitzvot. That's just stupid.

Following that cataroty (sic), I should be considered orthodox Jew. Which, btw, I am not

Perhaps you'd be happier to have a pope, who could excommunicate those with whom you disagree?

I'm not a religious person, though I believe in God, and I don't pretend to be a religious person. If a Rabbi says it's ok to do this and this on Shabbat, when it's nonsense, because we know the Torah prohibits it, then instead of calling it "A non-religious Rabbi" they start calling it "reform Judaism".

Judaism doesn't change. It can adopt modern times and technology, but it stays judasim. Now people shouldn't go around don't things they shouldn't and say "it's 'reform' Judaism" because frankly, they're no different than most non-religious people. What exactly makes them tied to the religion, if they do what they want anyway?

They can believe in whatever they want, but don't invent something out of the blue, and then pretend that God says it's ok to have non-kosher Iphone.

Your demand for 'purity' blinds you to a clear vision of who your real enemies are.

Who are our real enemies?

I'm not sure what angers you more, did you pay for a year in advance of the Times, maybe call and get your money back. Or is it just not pro Israel and anti Palestine enough for you, never fear , there are plenty of Jewish newspapers from Israel out there for free even, and they are Pro Israel. You have plenty of reading. Let us people enjoy fair and balanced news.

post #21....last sentence was with you in mind.

What is a Liberal Rabbi?

An American Rabbi, who is closely linked to American Liberal (oftentimes, perceived as Democratic Party) values and policies?

An American Rabbi, who overlooks Liberal disdain for Israel, in order to retain membership in the LIberal camp?

In this case, an American Rabbi who finally came to understand the depth of Obama's disdain for Israel?

In this case, an American Rabbi who finally decided to abandon Obama, because of his disdain for Israel?

Our real enemies are people like this a.g. "rabbi". The Arabs and Muslims and skinheads etc have no power if we are united in worshipping HaShem.

And, for those uninformed and/or biased folks, who claim that the NYTimes is pro-Israel........

6. ".....a sample of [NYTimes] headlines:

“As Israel Hits Mosque and Clinic, Air Campaign’s Risks Come Home;”

“Israelis Watch Bombs Drop on Gaza From Front-Row Seats;”

“Questions About Tactics and Targets as Civilian Toll Climbs in Israeli Strikes;” “Foreign Correspondents in Israel Complain of Intimidation;”

“Israeli Shells are Said to Hit UN School;”

“Military Censorship in Israel;”

“A Boy at Play in Gaza, a Renewal of War, A Family in Mourning;”

“Israel’s Supporters Try to Come to Terms with the Killing of Children in Gaza;”

“Israel Braces for War Crimes Inquiries on Gaza;”

“Resisting Nazis, He Saw Need for Israel. Now He Is Its Critic.”
http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/183412/why-im-unsubscribing-to-the-new-york-times

Is there any wonder why the Rabbi recognized the anti-Israel position of the main Liberal house organ......

The NYT has to print some facts. They can't print pro-Israel nonsense all the time or they would become Fox News.

william shartner said:
It's about time he woke up.

Better late than never.

Jews: the Democratic Party is NOT your friend.

guno said:
And the mutant goyim asswipe christer cracker party is :cuckoo:

Get some new material, retard.

You're schtick has been stale for a loooooooooong time now.

Problem is, you're too stupid to have noticed.

Here to help. :thup:

It's about time he woke up.

Better late than never.

Jews: the Democratic Party is NOT your friend.

And the mutant goyim asswipe christer cracker party is :cuckoo:
What party would that be?

The white goyim part formally known as the GOP
Were I a mainstream Democrat... after reading a sequence like that, I'd be shaking my head, and asking you to 'please stay off our side'... put down the bong, son.

Jews have a form of excommunication, herem. Similar to a shunning.

And, for those uninformed and/or biased folks, who claim that the NYTimes is pro-Israel........

“Questions About Tactics and Targets as Civilian Toll Climbs in Israeli Strikes;” “Foreign Correspondents in Israel Complain of Intimidation;”

“Israel’s Supporters Try to Come to Terms with the Killing of Children in Gaza;”

http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/183412/why-im-unsubscribing-to-the-new-york-times

Is there any wonder why the Rabbi recognized the anti-Israel position of the main Liberal house organ......
Truth is a bitch, isn't it?

Truth is a bitch, isn't it?

I understand that, once you use large font purple, well....that is absolute verification for your postition.

But just on the outside chance that you are an adult......

....are you claiming not to see the bias in those headlines?

Forum List

Back