Liberals Cry About Mass Incarceration; the Problem is Crime

I have a friend who is a decorated veteran. He entered the prison system to work way back when, and he worked in every level of the system. He should have made warden, but due to the corrupt and dirty politics of prison management, he retired or basically opted to get out early. Great loss to the system I garantee it. This guy is super smart, and he can do just about anything from what I've witnessed.

Some tragic things have happened over the years since he left, and they even called him back with a package offered to come back, but he turned them down.

We have some bad things going on in these prison management situations, but hopefully it is being resolved over time. Hopefully.

Without crime there would be no criminals. Without criminals there would be no need for incarceration. The problem is the degradation of our societal norms and sense of decency. Biggest factor with this is single mother homes and welfare. Democrat politicians thrive on poverty. They need poverty to speak of a victim class, yet do nothing to help them. To call out single parent homes brings shouts of “racism” and “sexism” from the left. Criminals are produced by their environment in most cases. Who needs that environment for votes? Democrats.
FBI: Violent crime increases for second straight year

That is rather simplistic. The link points out that the increase comes from several cities like Baltimore and Chicago.

There were changes in both cities that are clearly detrimental.

A substantial percentage of our collective prison population consists of inmates whose only "crime" is some form of marijuana offense. This is utter perversion of the criminal justice system bordering on the kind of social insanity attending the Salem witch persecutions.

The recreational use of cannabis is relatively harmless. The only problems associated with it derive from ignorance of proper use -- which is the direct result of the insidious prohibition. If it were legal all of the destructive impropriety would soon be eliminated as the safest methods of use would quickly be learned.

Please provide evidence of the above.

According to the Bureau of Prisons, there are 207,847 people incarcerated in federal prisons. Roughly half (48.6 percent) are in for drug offenses. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, there are 1,358,875 people in state prisons. Of them, 16 percent have a drug crime as their most serious offense.
Releasing Drug Offenders Won’t End Mass Incarceration

A substantial percentage of our collective prison population consists of inmates whose only "crime" is some form of marijuana offense. This is utter perversion of the criminal justice system bordering on the kind of social insanity attending the Salem witch persecutions.

The recreational use of cannabis is relatively harmless. The only problems associated with it derive from ignorance of proper use -- which is the direct result of the insidious prohibition. If it were legal all of the destructive impropriety would soon be eliminated as the safest methods of use would quickly be learned.

According to the Bureau of Prisons, there are 207,847 people incarcerated in federal prisons. Roughly half (48.6 percent) are in for drug offenses. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, there are 1,358,875 people in state prisons. Of them, 16 percent have a drug crime as their most serious offense.

You don't go to prison for smoking a blunt. Secondly, State prisons and drug charges have been on the decline for 8 years.

Liberals Cry About Mass Incarceration; the Problem is Crime

but but but Shitforhair PROMISED TO END CRIME

• I’ll be able to make sure that when you walk down the street in your inner city, or wherever you are, you’re not gonna be shot. Your child isn’t gonna be shot.” — August 2016
  • “The crime and violence that today afflicts our nation will soon come to an end. Beginning on January 20, 2017, safety will be restored.” — July 2016 at the Republican National Convention
  • “This chaos and violence will end, and it will end very, very quickly.” — August 2016
  • “A Trump administration will end this long nightmare of violence.” — Multiple speeches in November and December 2016
he forgot to promise to lie his ass off ,,,,,,,,,,

You don't go to prison for smoking a blunt.

He didn't claim they did. He said "some sort of marijuana offense". Likely sale or possession with the intent to sell.

He didn't claim they did. He said "some sort of marijuana offense". Likely sale or possession with the intent to sell.

And I'm going to need to see evidence of that.

Then stop being lazy and go look for it. Your Google works just as well as mine does, probably better since I'm on a satellite.

Are you trying to deny that the U.S. over incarcerates?

Even on satellite...

Marijuana Arrests by the Numbers

Of the 8.2 million marijuana arrests between 2001 and 2010, 88% were for simply having marijuana. Nationwide, the arrest data revealed one consistent trend: significant racial bias. Despite roughly equal usage rates, Blacks are 3.73 times more likely than whites to be arrested for marijuana.

Then stop being lazy and go look for it. Your Google works just as well as mine does, probably better since I'm on a satellite.

Currently, yes. Dependent on the state and the crime.

And, I am not the one that made the statement. Try again.

Even on satellite...

Marijuana Arrests by the Numbers

Of the 8.2 million marijuana arrests between 2001 and 2010, 88% were for simply having marijuana. Nationwide, the arrest data revealed one consistent trend: significant racial bias. Despite roughly equal usage rates, Blacks are 3.73 times more likely than whites to be arrested for marijuana.

Are you not aware of the changes that have been made? Are you not aware of diversionary programs for all drugs? It's like using mass incarceration from 1990s statistics.

I didn't make the statement, I'm just not lazy.

Currently we are the most over incarcerated country in the world.

I didn't make the statement, I'm just not lazy.

Currently we are the most over incarcerated country in the world.

It's because you don't have the information.

Did you miss it? So lazy...

Post 76 & 77 support the other guy's claim don't you think?

Forum List

Back