Liberals suspend college student for criticising Islam, mexicans, and Baltimore rioters.

There are liberals at Texas Christian University?

Regardless - it's a private institution - they can set their own codes for free speech.
Not if they accept federal education subsidies.
Sure they can. Notre Dame does and has its own code. So does BYU and Baylor.
Their code is fine unless it violates people's civil rights. Then it's null and void.
They are private entities, and the student can go elsewhere.
That's not sufficient an excuse to deny people their constitutional rights

Educate yourself from an organization successful at lawsuits defending free speech

Hate Speech on Campus American Civil Liberties Union
Clearly you do not know the law on this matter. Don't think you can go to Texas College and attack pentecostalism or Bob Jone University and attack their principles publicly.

You are free to debate with people that call Mexicans beaners all you please. If you find such a person that is willing to engage in "Actual debate that requires critical thinking, patience, intelligence and reason, " give us a shout.
I just used those elements of communication with you, and you weren't interested. You'd rather wait for someone else to be brave and make the first move.

Judging by the way you folks already react and behave, you're a part of the problem.

I'd rather see improved race relations. Political victories are irrelevant to me.

I wasn't going around calling people beaners. If you are interested in improved race relations, why do I never see you taking on the racists down in the race relations forum?
Because I know it's a waste of time in this venue, and that goes for both ends of the spectrum on virtually all issues. A lot of people (or at least their online personnas) are essentially caricatures here. Plus, I'm just not into personal insults and name-calling. Golden Rule, all that.

I sure as hell address them in real life, though, because I can look them in the eye. But I never raise my voice, ever.

Attacking racists only makes them worse, it only adds to the animosity. Surely we know that, so I have to wonder about the agendas of some.

But you attack people that point out racism on a fairly regular basis and are always going on about the PC police. In other words, you attack people you disagree with. Except racists and bigots.
Yes, I'm virulently, passionately, psychotically against PC, because I think it divides and has damaged a lot of lives because it stifles open debate and retards progress, which is what we desperately need.

And - who knows why this is - I can still picture the moment in grade school when a teacher told us about the phrase "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it". That really stuck with me, because it seemed so pure and consistent and brave. So yeah, I often find myself defending an asshole's right to be an asshole.

But I also reserve the right to use an asshole's words to shine the light on them and (hopefully) change their mind. I can't do that if they're in the shadows, just getting worse.

You and the other purveyors of the PC myth simply fear unfettered debate and discourse in a free and democratic society.

There are liberals at Texas Christian University?

Regardless - it's a private institution - they can set their own codes for free speech.
Their code is fine unless it violates people's civil rights. Then it's null and void.

Educate yourself from an organization successful at lawsuits defending free speech

Your link refers to state colleges and universities, not private - at least you're consistent at being wrong.

Of course if that's the case then he's in the wrong.

If he's just a student then he's perfectly within his rights to post whatever the hell he wants to on a social website.
Unless he's representing himself as a student of the University. If the University lets him get away with it, they are condoning and tacitly underwriting it. They are free to do so if they wish and they are also free to protect their reputation via the student code of conduct and punish him for it.

I disagree.

Just because he's attending that college doesn't mean he has to tow whatever PC bullshit line they follow.

He's free to post whatever he wants to on a public social network and if the college doesn't like it that's just to bad. If their reputation is more important that free speech then colleges have fallen a long way.

I might not agree with what some people say but I'll sure as hell defend their right to say it.

Last edited:
Maybe you really don't understand this.

First of all, allowing some bigot to scream "beaners" (I'm half Hispanic by the way, my father in law is Mexican, and we don't give a crap about that) is in itself promoting the free expression of ideas. Great, use that word, look like a fool, I'm good with that. I'll shine a light on it, thanks for your help.

Then, in a more tolerant and open society, that person would be heard and engaged in debate. Not screaming down, not attacked, not getting kicked off the campus. Actual debate that requires critical thinking, patience, intelligence and reason (what nice life training for young people, wouldn't you agree?). That would be another promotion of free expression. I've done this in various forms a zillion times and I find it to be fascinating and stimulating.

I'm not afraid for people to have views that conflict with mine, and I have no interest in punishing them for those views. I want to know who the bigots are, where they are, what they are thinking, and (perhaps most importantly) who agrees with them. I can't do that when they're kept in the shadows, causing their bigoted beliefs to fester and intensify and spread to others, which is what is happening right now.

I taught my kids this when they were young, and they got it. I'm not so sure why this so complicated elsewhere. But on the other hand, I want to improve race relations, unlike those who just want political victories. What is happening on campuses is the very antithesis of that.

I made that as clear as I can, and I'm not expecting you to agree. Or, perhaps, even understand.

You are free to debate with people that call Mexicans beaners all you please. If you find such a person that is willing to engage in "Actual debate that requires critical thinking, patience, intelligence and reason, " give us a shout.
I just used those elements of communication with you, and you weren't interested. You'd rather wait for someone else to be brave and make the first move.

Judging by the way you folks already react and behave, you're a part of the problem.

I'd rather see improved race relations. Political victories are irrelevant to me.

I wasn't going around calling people beaners. If you are interested in improved race relations, why do I never see you taking on the racists down in the race relations forum?
Why is it that some people conservatives and Liberals think (if you can call it that)
Freedom of expression has no consequences ?
Could it be the word free fucks them up?
Freedom of expression only has consequences if those who would issue the consequences choose to do so.

If your goal is to simply punish and intimidate, then that's what you do.

If your goal is to actually improve race relations, that's not what you do.

See folks that's the way you rationalize.

If he's just a student then he's perfectly within his rights to post whatever the hell he wants to on a social website.
Unless he's representing himself as a student of the University. If the University lets him get away with it, they are condoning and tacitly underwriting it. They are free to do so if they wish and they are also free to protect their reputation via the student code of conduct and punish him for it.

I disagree.

Just because he's attending that college doesn't mean he has to tow whatever PC bullshit line they follow.

He's free to post whatever he wants to on a public social network and if the college doesn't like it to fucking bad.
Not what the code he signed says. Whatever happened to Personal Responsibly? Shouldn't he obey the rules he agreed to follow?

Because I know it's a waste of time in this venue, and that goes for both ends of the spectrum on virtually all issues. A lot of people (or at least their online personnas) are essentially caricatures here. Plus, I'm just not into personal insults and name-calling. Golden Rule, all that.

I sure as hell address them in real life, though, because I can look them in the eye. But I never raise my voice, ever.

Attacking racists only makes them worse, it only adds to the animosity. Surely we know that, so I have to wonder about the agendas of some.

But you attack people that point out racism on a fairly regular basis and are always going on about the PC police. In other words, you attack people you disagree with. Except racists and bigots.
Yes, I'm virulently, passionately, psychotically against PC, because I think it divides and has damaged a lot of lives because it stifles open debate and retards progress, which is what we desperately need.

And - who knows why this is - I can still picture the moment in grade school when a teacher told us about the phrase "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it". That really stuck with me, because it seemed so pure and consistent and brave. So yeah, I often find myself defending an asshole's right to be an asshole.

But I also reserve the right to use an asshole's words to shine the light on them and (hopefully) change their mind. I can't do that if they're in the shadows, just getting worse.

A lot of things you see as a PC issue I see as simple rudeness. This little guy was rude and as a representative of his university his university had every right to discipline him. It doesn't really matter if he is a bigot or not, it only matters that he has no manners or concept of self discipline.

IMO your constant harping on PC simply means that any and all rudeness is acceptable without consequence.

I disagree.

He's free to post whatever he wants to on a public social network and if the college doesn't like it that's just to bad. If their reputation is more important that free speech then colleges have fallen a long way.

I might not agree with what some people say but I'll sure as hell defend their right to say it.
You'd feel the same way if he posted anti-Christian things? I kind of have my doubts.

Your link refers to state colleges and universities, not private - at least you're consistent at being wrong.
Whose link is that? Better look again. So you are wrong yet again. And, yes, since BYU, et al, and others are their own business organizations, they can set limits.

Last edited:

I disagree.

You'd feel the same way if he posted anti-Christian things? I kind of have my doubts.

I sure would.

I'm not religious at all. I think religion is the bane of the world when you consider all the wars that have been fought over it and how many have died fighting those wars.

Nope. Religion doesn't mean jack shit to me.

I disagree.

I sure would.

I'm not religious at all. I think religion is the bane of the world when you consider all the wars that have been fought over it and how many have died fighting those wars.

Nope. Religion doesn't mean jack shit to me.
Okay, I'll take your word for it. But I don't agree that the university doesn't have the right to set standards of conduct.

I'll defend your right to your opinion.

Love your avatar. Are you a southerner?

Gotta love those grey confederate officers hats. Feathers are cool.

I'll defend your right to your opinion.

Love your avatar. Are you a southerner?

Gotta love those grey confederate officers hats. Feathers are cool.
Yes. It's an emu hat. Not much selection out there.

One question were the students in question using a school sponsored site ?
If so then the school's code supercedes their rights.

And of course he was ordered to endure diversity training. Liberals despise free speech.
College Student Suspended For Criticizing Islam Baltimore Riots Must Do 60 Hours Of Community Service And Attend Diversity Training GOVERNMENT SLAVES

aug 4 2015 All it took was 140 characters for Texas Christian University to suspend a conservative student who posted a series of social networking posts that insulted the Islamic State, the Baltimore rioters and Mexicans.

TCU banned Harry Vincent from most campus activities, ordered him to perform 60 hours of community service and attend a diversity training class.

The charges stemmed from a half dozen tweets he had posted online referencing radical Islam along with a Facebook message about the Baltimore riots.

“These hoodrat criminals in Baltimore need to be shipped off and exiled to the sahara desert,” he wrote. “Maybe then they’ll realize how much we provide for them (welfare, college tuition, Obama phone’s, medicare, etc.”

In regards to Islam he wrote, “This is clearly not a religion of peace.”

He also used the word “beaner” a derogatory term to describe Mexicans.

Better for me that I am not a student of this college...
What concerns Islam, here is no offending words, I read one article about ISIS, so the head of this dangerous organization told that Islam is the religion of war and the international community should be prepared for war.

Student suspended for insulting Islam Mexicans

The libtards will find nothing wrong with this while those that care about the constitution will. To libtards if its offensive it should be banned but only if its offensive to THEM or something or someone they want protected...straight white males,christians,etc need not apply.

Forum List

Back