Liberals suspend college student for criticising Islam, mexicans, and Baltimore rioters.

I'll defend your right to your opinion.

Love your avatar. Are you a southerner?

Gotta love those grey confederate officers hats. Feathers are cool.
Yes. It's an emu hat. Not much selection out there.

I'm down here in Florida getting ready for the hurricane season. Oh joy.
I don't think we'll get one this year thanks to El Nino.

We were lucky last year. Only got one TS that came anywhere near Melbourne, which is where I live.

Hope that luck holds. Hurricanes suck.

You keep avoiding the question. If this student was suspended for calling white people "crackers", would you still agree the suspension was proper.?
That is not what happened, son. Your question is immaterial. You and I are both white, and, hint, we are not victims in this society.

The board notes you avoided the question again. Is that the eighth time?

And yes - whites are victims. Ever hear of affirmative action?

And hm shows that he fails to understand his the OP. Is it his?

Private businesses can limit free speech.

But you attack people that point out racism on a fairly regular basis and are always going on about the PC police. In other words, you attack people you disagree with. Except racists and bigots.
Yes, I'm virulently, passionately, psychotically against PC, because I think it divides and has damaged a lot of lives because it stifles open debate and retards progress, which is what we desperately need.

And - who knows why this is - I can still picture the moment in grade school when a teacher told us about the phrase "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it". That really stuck with me, because it seemed so pure and consistent and brave. So yeah, I often find myself defending an asshole's right to be an asshole.

But I also reserve the right to use an asshole's words to shine the light on them and (hopefully) change their mind. I can't do that if they're in the shadows, just getting worse.

A lot of things you see as a PC issue I see as simple rudeness. This little guy was rude and as a representative of his university his university had every right to discipline him. It doesn't really matter if he is a bigot or not, it only matters that he has no manners or concept of self discipline.

IMO your constant harping on PC simply means that any and all rudeness is acceptable without consequence.
It's much, much, much more than that.

It's the stifling of debate brought directly about by the threat of consequence.

I want the bigots to feel absolutely free to tell me all about their bigotry, loud and clear.

I'll take it from there.

So you won't let the market decide.
I'm just one guy who wants to improve race relations.

I can't make you do anything.

Never said you could.

We were lucky last year. Only got one TS that came anywhere near Melbourne, which is where I live.

It's been a sweet 10 years since Wilma. I hope it holds, too.

Clearly you do not know the law on this matter. Don't think you can go to Texas College and attack pentecostalism or Bob Jone University and attack their principles publicly.

You keep avoiding the question. If this student was suspended for calling white people "crackers", would you still agree the suspension was proper.?
I would but you wouldn't if you couldn't linch them .

That is not what happened, son. Your question is immaterial. You and I are both white, and, hint, we are not victims in this society.

The board notes you avoided the question again. Is that the eighth time?

And yes - whites are victims. Ever hear of affirmative action?
Bullshit.

It's been a sweet 10 years since Wilma. I hope it holds, too.

Yep its been a few years since we've been hit as well. Hope that trend continues.

I remember when Rita tore up southeast Texas.

Kema just disappeared.

Yeah. I was in NC when Fran hit and boy what a mess. Topsail island disappeared as well.

In fact loads of the coast were just gone. Good Lord what a mess Fran left in NC.

Not if they accept federal education subsidies.
Sure they can. Notre Dame does and has its own code. So does BYU and Baylor.
Their code is fine unless it violates people's civil rights. Then it's null and void.
They are private entities, and the student can go elsewhere.
That's not sufficient an excuse to deny people their constitutional rights

Educate yourself from an organization successful at lawsuits defending free speech

Hate Speech on Campus American Civil Liberties Union
Your link refers to state colleges and universities, not private - at least you're consistent at being wrong.
I'm going to remember how you hypocrites presumed that this college was completely private, which is extremely unlikely, when you say the exact opposite when it's a free speech issue you care about.

Sure they can. Notre Dame does and has its own code. So does BYU and Baylor.
Their code is fine unless it violates people's civil rights. Then it's null and void.
They are private entities, and the student can go elsewhere.
That's not sufficient an excuse to deny people their constitutional rights

Educate yourself from an organization successful at lawsuits defending free speech

Hate Speech on Campus American Civil Liberties Union
Your link refers to state colleges and universities, not private - at least you're consistent at being wrong.
I'm going to remember how you hypocrites presumed that this college was completely private, which is extremely unlikely, when you say the exact opposite when it's a free speech issue you care about.

Ha true. If a massive homo wedding wanted to rent out the TCU chapel...and the private school refused...you'd have a million rainbow flag waving homos storming that campus.

Forum List

Back