🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Liberals you have a decision to make

We see college kids who obviously would identify as being liberal, who simply want to shutdown any opposing opinions to their beliefs.
Used to be the left was open to other ideas. Not today.

The left is plenty open to ideas, just not bad ones.

According to Leftists ANY idea that's not Leftist is a "bad" idea.

They're the MOST intolerant of people.
A moronic lie.

As ignorant as it is wrong.

This thread OP is the pot calling the kettle black.

451b0aa11813cb27d320ef7e7747cd73.jpg

More and more we are seeing signs that the left not only does not believe in free speech, but in fact they are getting violent in order to shut down events they do not agree with.

We have the left attacking Trump supporters, we have them getting violent with right wing peaceful demonstrators.

The left has to ask themselves whether this is the road they wish to go down.

You need to reverse your decision to support Trump, and then apologize for having done so in the first place.

You should do the same when you vote for Hillary this November.

More and more we are seeing signs that the left not only does not believe in free speech, but in fact they are getting violent in order to shut down events they do not agree with.

We have the left attacking Trump supporters, we have them getting violent with right wing peaceful demonstrators.

You need to turn off your TV and take a break from the media's constant barrage of tragedy and stupid behavior of a handful of people. The violent actions you have focused on are not occurring more frequently. There has never been a "Trump" before this and his outrageous statements are going to conjure up unusual retaliatory actions. We have another candidate just as dangerous as Trump in Hillary Clinton and as yet there have been no stabbings, punchings or the such following her silly campaign.

You can't expect disrespecting huge sections of society to go unchallenged. Just relax and enjoy the entertainment.

Personally Hillary's position on the 2nd amendment and the possible reaction to that seem to hold the potential to the worst kind of disruption in the election process.

Even before Trump we've been seeing liberal college punks shutting down events where conservatives simply want to speak.

By the way, anyone here a member of the Dimocrat Underground ?
Do they denounce their leftists brethren that try to shut down speech on campus ?
Do they denounce them when they get violent, such as they did recently in San Jose when they assaulted Trump supporters ?

You need to reverse your decision to support Trump, and then apologize for having done so in the first place.

You should do the same when you vote for Hillary this November.
The "left" is not the same as "liberals".... another fallacy that ignorance prostates....

That's what we call 'em so go ahead with your smoking and spinning and failing....

Then point out the liberal posters on this forum who are violent.

How the fuck would I know what they do in their spare time ?

You're the one making the accusations, fuckwit.

We Conservatives warned the Libtards about Obama.

Obama was a extreme Left Wing affirmative action dickhead that never had a real job and who attended a hate church for 20 years that preached hate against Whites and Jews and who was raised as a Muslim. What the hell could possibly go wrong with somebody like that?

However the nitwits didn't listen to us and a coalition of all the despicable greedy assholes in this country elected the jackass President and it has been a disaster. The worst President this country ever had.

Now we are telling these Moon Bats that Crooked Hillary is a disaster with her dishonesty, incompetency, lying and corruption not to mention the fact that she is under investigation by the FBI.

If Crooked Hillary does get elected it will be another disaster for this country.

I doubt these Moon Bats will listen. They have already proved they are idiots and it is unlikely they will change. They are simply not smart enough to pull their heads out of their asses.

The two biggest problems facing the middle class are wages and the economy. Democrats are the ONLY party to not only have a plan to fix both, but have actually tried and were blocked by Republicans.

A plan that only makes the problem worse, is not superior to no plan at all.

If your problem is that you have a headache, and someone else has no idea on how to help you, would it impress you that I have a plan to help you, if my plan consists of hitting you in the head with a mallet?

A big problem with wrong-wing ideology is that it seems to think that doing something is always better than doing nothing, even if the something that they want to do will only make things worse.

And very often, what they propose as a “solution” to a problem is more and more of the same crap that caused the problem in the first place.

A plan that only makes the problem worse, is not superior to no plan at all.

If your problem is that you have a headache, and someone else has no idea on how to help you, would it impress you that I have a plan to help you, if my plan consists of hitting you in the head with a mallet?

A big problem with wrong-wing ideology is that it seems to think that doing something is always better than doing nothing, even if the something that they want to do will only make things worse.

And very often, what they propose as a “solution” to a problem is more and more of the same crap that caused the problem in the first place.

Which problem are referring to that 'makes the problem worse?'

Pain relievers work much better when they prevent the pain from starting.

Well, you just keep on believing that....For my part, kidding aside, I don't know what inspires liberal's views, but I know that four researchers -- John T. Jost, Arie W. Kruglanski, Jack Glaser, and Frank J. Sulloway -- have identified the motivational factors that lead folks to adhere to conservative ideology. And just what are those motivating factors?

Many different theoretical accounts of conservatism over the past 50 years have stressed motivational underpinnings, but they have identified different needs as critical. Our review brings these diverse accounts together for the first time. Variables significantly associated with conservatism, we now know, include:
Though you make the claim that liberals are "the most" intolerant of people, I cannot find any credible research that supports that assertion, or even that supports the charge that liberals are at all by and large, if not "the most," intolerant people. In contrast, I can find lots that supports a similar assertion that conservatives are intolerant. Indeed the conservative phenomenon and the behaviors exhibited by conservatives has so mystified deep thinkers that they have looked exhaustively into just what's going on in the hearts and minds of conservatives. What are some of their findings as a result?
  • "Reliance on quick, efficient, and "low effort" thought processes yields conservative ideologies, while effortful and deliberate reasoning yields liberal ideologies."
[P]olitical conservatism is promoted when people rely on low-effort thinking. When effortful, deliberate responding is disrupted or disengaged, thought processes become quick and efficient; these conditions promote conservative ideology… low-effort thought might promote political conservatism because its concepts are easier to process, and processing fluency increases attitude endorsement.

Four studies support our assertion that low-effort thinking promotes political conservatism... Our findings suggest that conservative ways of thinking are basic, normal, and perhaps natural.

Source: "Low-Effort Thought Promotes Political Conservatism"​
  • "Liberals have more tolerance to uncertainty (bigger anterior cingulate cortex), and conservatives have more sensitivity to fear (bigger right amygdala)."
In a large sample of young adults, we related self-reported political attitudes to gray matter volume using structural MRI [magnetic resonance imaging]. We found that greater liberalism was associated with increased gray matter volume in the anterior cingulate cortex, whereas greater conservatism was associated with increased volume of the right amygdala...

...[O]ur findings are consistent with the proposal that political orientation is associated with psychological processes for managing fear and uncertainty. The amygdala has many functions, including fear processing. Individuals with a larger amygdala are more sensitive to fear, which, taken together with our findings, might suggest the testable hypothesis that individuals with larger amygdala are more inclined to integrate conservative views into their belief systems... our finding of an association between anterior cingulate cortex [ACC] may be linked with tolerance to uncertainty. One of the functions of the anterior cingulate cortex is to monitor uncertainty and conflicts. Thus it is conceivable that individuals with a larger ACC have a higher capacity to tolerate uncertainty and conflicts, allowing them to accept more liberal views.

Source: "Political Orientations Are Correlated with Brain Structure in Young Adults"​
  • "Liberals are more open-minded and creative whereas conservatives are more orderly and better organized."
We obtained consistent and converging evidence that personality differences between liberals and conservatives are robust, replicable, and behaviorally significant, especially with respect to social (vs. economic) dimensions of ideology. In general, liberals are more open-minded, creative, curious, and novelty seeking, whereas conservatives are more orderly, conventional, and better organized... A special advantage of our final two studies is that they show personality differences between liberals and conservatives not only on self-report trait measures but also on unobtrusive, nonverbal measures of interaction style and behavioral residue.

Source: "The Secret Lives of Liberals and Conservatives: Personality Profiles, Interaction Styles, and the Things They Leave Behind"​
  • "When faced with a conflict, liberals are more likely than conservatives to alter their habitual response when cues indicate it is necessary."
[We] found that greater liberalism was associated with stronger conflict-related anterior cingulate activity, suggesting greater neurocognitive sensitivity to cues for altering a habitual response pattern...

Our results are consistent with the view that political orientation, in part, reflects individual differences in the functioning of a general mechanism related to cognitive control and self-regulation. Stronger conservatism (versus liberalism) was associated with less neurocognitive sensitivity to response conflicts. At the behavioral level, conservatives were also more likely to make errors of commission. Although a liberal orientation was associated with better performance on the response-inhibition task examined here, conservatives would presumably perform better on tasks in which a more fixed response style is optimal.

Source: "Neurocognitive Correlates of Liberalism and Conservatism"​

I can't do anything to stop you from believing the claim you made, I can and have provided plenty of credible research that contradicts it. I haven't asked you to simply accept my assertions in refutation of your claim. I haven't that degree of arrogance. You, on the other hand, have done precisely that: offered your claim with nothing, not one damn thing, that credibly shows it to be so.

So I ask you....Have you found any credible research -- peer reviewed, methodologically documented and sound -- that supports your assertion? If so, let's see it because right now, your claim, while it may be reassuring to readers here, quite simply doesn't "hold water."
All I got out of this as that you love making things up to compliment your like-minded drones, and that you really love impressing yourself with the character count in your posts. I don't think I've ever actually seen you make a reasonably sized post, because you try so hard to fluff them out.

And if you needed some evidence to back up your post 320, here you have it.
Not really, I'm just pointing out that he can't post without trying to vomit out as many letters onto the page as possible.

And my point is that anyone who criticizes someone for actually making a point and using sufficient vocabulary to get it done is someone who uses their brain.

Someone who's post is something like "You're wrong" "fuck off" "You're an idiot" and many others that I've seen that don't get more than a line of soundbites, are generally people who don't think much. Some of them are left wingers, many of them are right wingers, though I don't speak to left wingers much.
I've seen far more of those on the left, though more often in person. I've also seen Liberals here who substitute actual debate with rating your posts "funny". I won't deny, there are Republicans out there who refuse to debate and just call you names, and I've seen them here, but 320's long-winded post of how Liberals are tolerant, open-minded, and adaptable is just a massive fallacy. Liberals I've met here, in person, and my own debate club are some of the most intolerant people I've ever met. They relentlessly attack people for not agreeing with them, refuse to actually educate themselves when information is provided, when really any reasonable person would be willing to at least glance over new information. Adaptable? To be fair, both parties have been doing nothing but the same thing since the 1920s, with the exception of the establishment Republicans now wanting to expand the government, too. I'm sure 320 wasn't trying to isolate certain traits parties, but even claiming that most have any of the traits makes no sense. Though, to be completely honest, my silly as the post was, the main reason I even replied to him was because he's always trying so hard to cover as much of the page as possible by fluffing out his posts in a desperate attempt to impress himself. He wastes everyone's time, because people who actually want to debate on this forum will actually read the thing. His "anti-intellectualism" post is a prime example of this. He's practically standing on a soap box and frantically waving his arms, hoping to impress someone. It's more immature than most people I've encountered.

Well that's the way it is. Liberal and Conservative doesn't mean much other the way they look at things, not how they go about showing their points of view.

People are people, and some people will just play silly games.

Obama was a extreme Left Wing affirmative action dickhead that never had a real job and who attended a hate church for 20 years that preached hate against Whites and Jews and who was raised as a Muslim. What the hell could possibly go wrong with somebody like that?

However the nitwits didn't listen to us and a coalition of all the despicable greedy assholes in this country elected the jackass President and it has been a disaster. The worst President this country ever had.

Now we are telling these Moon Bats that Crooked Hillary is a disaster with her dishonesty, incompetency, lying and corruption not to mention the fact that she is under investigation by the FBI.

If Crooked Hillary does get elected it will be another disaster for this country.

I doubt these Moon Bats will listen. They have already proved they are idiots and it is unlikely they will change. They are simply not smart enough to pull their heads out of their asses.

I don't think many liberals have a problem with Obama, it's the racists who hate Obama.

I don't think many liberals have a problem with Obama, it's the racists who hate Obama.
No, that's just a claim people make so he can avoid criticism. Joke's on the people claiming that, though, since he's white, and that claim is usually used against white people.

No, that's just a claim people make so he can avoid criticism. Joke's on the people claiming that, though, since he's white, and that claim is usually used against white people.

Obama has a much higher approval rating than Dubya did at this point in his presidency. He's at 50% for the last two polls. Dubya was around the 30% mark.

What does that say?

Obama has a much higher approval rating than Dubya did at this point in his presidency. He's at 50% for the last two polls. Dubya was around the 30% mark.

What does that say?
It says that he failed to keep the economy from recovering, despite all of his efforts. So, uh, congrats, it's better than it was during the recession? Also, good job having a higher approval rating than one of the presidents who got the worst media attention... probably ever. We can keep comparing pond scum, but you're really not proving me wrong, just shifting the topic. If we want to be really specific, he's actually Bi-Racial or "Mulatto". He just calls himself black, and Liberals just call him black, so they can accuse those criticizing him of being racist.

What does that say?
It says that he failed to keep the economy from recovering, despite all of his efforts. So, uh, congrats, it's better than it was during the recession? Also, good job having a higher approval rating than one of the presidents who got the worst media attention... probably ever. We can keep comparing pond scum, but you're really not proving me wrong, just shifting the topic. If we want to be really specific, he's actually Bi-Racial or "Mulatto". He just calls himself black, and Liberals just call him black, so they can accuse those criticizing him of being racist.

Wow, that's an argument, that the president did exactly what you wanted him to do, but failed at doing it.

It's like saying Dubya did everything in his power to not invade Iraq, but failed, or he did everything in his power to make the post war period a success but failed.

I'm sorry, but it sounds like you're just making shit up.

Forum List

Back