Libertarian Purity Test

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Libertarian Purity Test

This is the Libertarian Purity Test, which is intended to measure how libertarian you are. It isn't intended to be any sort of McCarthyite purging device -- just a form of entertainment, hopefully thought-provoking. I like it a lot better than the more famous "World's Shortest Political Quiz" because I haven't stated the questions with any intent to give an upward bias to a test-taker's score, and because it gives a clearer breakdown between hard and soft-core libertarians. Enjoy, suggest your friends try it out, and see how you compare to other test-takers...

Libertarian Purity Test

My score 33. My Libertarian leanings are showing. I will become more hard core as I age.

When it comes to gov't and the economy I agree with the Libertarians about 90% of the time. When it comes to foreign policy I disagree with them about 90% of the time.

A strange thing happened to the "pure" libertarian party. Their ideas and concepts were taken over by the Tea Party and they were left with a bunch of pot head stragglers.

I scored 42, some of the questions were a little too absolute and general.

31-50 points: Your libertarian credentials are obvious. Doubtlessly you will become more extreme as time goes on.

Your score is...

What Your Score Means

131-159 points: You are nearly a perfect libertarian, with a tiny number of blind spots. Think about them, then take the test over again. On the other hand, if you scored this high, you probably have a good libertarian objection to my suggested libertarian answer. :)

A strange thing happened to the "pure" libertarian party. Their ideas and concepts were taken over by the Tea Party and they were left with a bunch of pot head stragglers.

In what universe? Where does the Tea Party come down on foreign policy?

Libertarian Purity Test

This is the Libertarian Purity Test, which is intended to measure how libertarian you are. It isn't intended to be any sort of McCarthyite purging device -- just a form of entertainment, hopefully thought-provoking. I like it a lot better than the more famous "World's Shortest Political Quiz" because I haven't stated the questions with any intent to give an upward bias to a test-taker's score, and because it gives a clearer breakdown between hard and soft-core libertarians. Enjoy, suggest your friends try it out, and see how you compare to other test-takers...

Libertarian Purity Test

My score 33. My Libertarian leanings are showing. I will become more hard core as I age.

My score was 157. A perfect score is 160. The only issue where I differ is on immigration law. I don't hink we should abolish those until after we abolish the state.

Forum List

Back