Liberty Students Would Have Been Fined If They Skipped Ted Cruz's Speech

I heard a lot of cheers. On the other hand it seems that students from more liberal universities would be either encouraged to commit assault on Senator Cruz or be diciplined in some way for attending. According to David Horowitz, author of "The Professors" and "Radical Son" every single high profile republican speaker has been the victim of a violent assault on a college campus sometime in their careers. Democrat party speakers don't have to worry.

David Horowitz lies about a lot of stuff.

Like what?

That's almost like asking for a list of Hannity or Limbaugh lies. Google it yourself. A question that dumb doesn't deserve an answer.

True, I never have seen you back up anything you post, why start now, if lies is all you have, then backing them up would be impossible.

Of course, that is wrong. I just have a cutoff point for things worth discussing. For example, if you asked for proof that the sun rises in the East, I wouldn't bother with a link to that either.

It's convocation that they are required to attend and be fined if they skip. This particular convocation happened to have Ted Cruz speaking at it.

....well, then, by definition the gathering was NO LONGER a convocation but a political hack's rally.

Can't have it both ways, you know.

It was a convocation and he was the speaker at this particular one. Had he not been the speaker they still would be required to attend and get fined if they didn't.

Is it appropriate for them to bring in a political candidate for their convocation? That's a matter of opinion, but nonetheless, as has been pointed out, they are a private university and can do what they want.

Nobody is arguing that they aren't a private university nor is anyone saying they shouldn't do what they want as a private univesity. The point, I think, is that it is ironic to call yourself "liberty" university when you don't actually practice the idea.
Calling it Jesus U might have made getting student loans more difficult. And the liberty there is that of a Catholic convent.
good points. They should take "Liberty" out of their school's name.

The Democrat Party should take "Democrat" out of its name.

Oh the horrors, the drama, the whines....typical liberal BS

You prove your retardation by making a statement like that. Imagine if your employer forced you to attend an Obama speech.

No one was forced to attend his speech and while I'm no Cruz supporter I am disgusted by the misinformation and outright lies being spewed in this thread by our loony leftist 5th column. You "people" are the lowest form of human life and I mean that with all due respect.
Liberty U. students signed on for this when they signed up:
"Convocation is a mandatory Monday, Wednesday and Friday event for Liberty students -- and they are penalized with fines if they skip an assembly."

Liberty Students Would Have Been Fined If They Skipped Ted Cruz s Speech

Liberty Students Would Have Been Fined If They Skipped Ted Cruz's Speech

Liberty - they don't even know what the fuckin' word means.

These Randoids showed up to give Cruz the finger...

CAypDruWUAADtEf.jpg

Ahhhhh, I see. What they would have been fined for is not attending convocation. Not that they were compelled to attend his speech.

Now, if you had said, "gee, isn't it convenient that Cruz chose a time when everyone had to be present to make his speech" you would have had a pretty good point to make.

Why is it you always stoop to lying? Are you simply not smart enough to make a cogent observation like that that actually makes sense and is non biased?

when the right spins a story facts mean nothing

when the left spins a story the right goes nutzo ..

imagine that .. (in context with Ted's theme)

LMAO

Wow. The OP posts an article from the huff~n~puff and you have the gall to criticize Breitbart?

Once again for nitwits like yourself, Liberty University Would Fine Students Who Skip Cruz Speech..... The Daily Caller

and the Daily Caller would make Genghis Khan blush
One time for you to understand....Universities like Liberty make it known ahead of the start of classes, that there are a certain number of mandatory convocations that must be attended. These are mandatory LONG before the speakers are selected.

You probably aren't even aware that Terry McCauliff was scheduled to speak at the same event, but pulled out.....

So, to sum up......they were not going to be fined for missing Cruz's speech, but for missing a mandatory convocation.

Now, go play on the swing...

One time for you to understand....Universities like Liberty make it known ahead of the start of classes, that there are a certain number of mandatory convocations that must be attended. These are mandatory LONG before the speakers are selected.

You probably aren't even aware that Terry McCauliff was scheduled to speak at the same event, but pulled out.....

So, to sum up......they were not going to be fined for missing Cruz's speech, but for missing a mandatory convocation.

I have NO problem with the possible fine for not attending in such a regressive venue as Liberty U. [sic]......If any dingbat parent wants to send his/her kid to be brainwashed.......a fine is the least of their problem........

nfjvnn.jpg

HEIL DIVERSITY!

Or as the original quote of an oft repeated line was...

"If fascism comes, it will not be identified with any "shirt" movement, nor with an "insignia," but it will probably be "wrapped up in the American flag and heralded as a plea for liberty and preservation of the constitution."[1]

Last edited:
If fascism comes, he added, it will not be identified with any "shirt" movement, nor with an "insignia," but it will probably be "wrapped up in the American flag and heralded as a plea for liberty and preservation of the constitution."[

Sinclair Lewis, I think.....

Wow. The OP posts an article from the huff~n~puff and you have the gall to criticize Breitbart?

Once again for nitwits like yourself, Liberty University Would Fine Students Who Skip Cruz Speech..... The Daily Caller

And is it appropriate to use one of those mandatory convocations when a highly publicized, purely partisan political event is happening?

No.

If fascism comes, he added, it will not be identified with any "shirt" movement, nor with an "insignia," but it will probably be "wrapped up in the American flag and heralded as a plea for liberty and preservation of the constitution."[

Sinclair Lewis, I think.....

James Waterman Wise, Jr. I accidentally cut off the link at the end.

Sinclair Lewis - Wikiquote

A variation is usually attributed to Lewis.

I have NO problem with the possible fine for not attending in such a regressive venue as Liberty U. [sic]......If any dingbat parent wants to send his/her kid to be brainwashed.......a fine is the least of their problem........
The only real brainwashing that occurs in this country happens before college...in high and elementary schools.

However, one has only to look at the state of advanced education on any liberal campus to see true oppression of expression and thought.

Perhaps next time, you will take a little time to learn about whats going on first......I don't really hold out any hope that you will.

Have a nice day.

And is it appropriate to use one of those mandatory convocations when a highly publicized, purely partisan political event is happening?

No.
Of course it is. In fact, the ex head of the DNC was scheduled to speak until he found out it was going to be a Cruz coming out event....

I don't hear you bitching about that.

The only real brainwashing that occurs in this country happens before college...in high and elementary schools.

However, one has only to look at the state of advanced education on any liberal campus to see true oppression of expression and thought.

Perhaps next time, you will take a little time to learn about whats going on first......I don't really hold out any hope that you will.

Have a nice day.

Quit pretending that conservative Christian colleges aren't conservative Christian. You sound retarded.

No.
Of course it is. In fact, the ex head of the DNC was scheduled to speak until he found out it was going to be a Cruz coming out event....

Did I just not say that partisan political events that students are forced to attend are inappropriate? Can you not read? Idiot.

My bad. I misspelled his name...

Terry McAuliffe is how its spelled. I thought he was the chair of the DNC but can't find that information...so I may be wrong about that...He IS the Democratic Governor of Virginia however....

No.

Did I just not say that partisan political events that students are forced to attend are inappropriate? Can you not read? Idiot.
Oh look....if Cruz had not used this event as a coming out, you would have remained silent about the use of this event by a politician.

I've seen far to many of your lies to worry about what way you'd go. The only idiot here is yourself.

Forum List

Back