Libs claim they never acted as if Obama was some kind of messiah to them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiG-gz1xt9I]Barack Obama: 'The Messiah is absolutely speaking' - YouTube[/ame]

Louis Farrahkan says, "You are the instruments that God is going to use to bring about universal change, and that is why Barack has captured the youth. And he has involved young people in a political process that they didn't care anything about. That's a sign. When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking."

Louis Farrakhan – the hero of the Million Man March that Obama attended rather like unto Jesus seeking John the Baptist for baptism in the Jordan – said of his savior:“You are the instruments that God is gonna use to bring about universal change, and that is why Barack has captured the youth. And he has involved young people in a political process that they didn’t care anything about. That’s a sign. When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking.”
Again we have a perfect example of how the Right lies! A perfect example of why you can never trust any "quote" from the Right, who always edit all quotes to change their context.

Farrakhan clearly called Obama the "HERALD" of the Messiah and NOT the Messiah itself!!!!!!

"Brothers and sisters, Barack Obama to me, is a herald of the Messiah. Barack Obama is like the trumpet that alerts you something new, something better is on the way."
- Louis Farrakhan, Saviours’ Day2008

her·ald/ˈhɛrəld/ Show Spelled [her-uhld] Show IPA
noun
a person or thing that precedes or comes before; forerunner; harbinger: the returning swallows, those heralds of spring.
So the "hreald" (Obama) comes before the Messiah and therefore is not the Messiah but a voice of the coming Messiah.

So we agree the Right are lying when they say that Farrakhan called Obama the Messiah.

her·ald (h
ebreve.gif
r
prime.gif
schwa.gif
ld)n.1. A person who carries or proclaims important news; a messenger.
2. One that gives a sign or indication of something to come; a harbinger

Again we have a perfect example of how the Right lies! A perfect example of why you can never trust any "quote" from the Right, who always edit all quotes to change their context.

Farrakhan clearly called Obama the "HERALD" of the Messiah and NOT the Messiah itself!!!!!!

"Brothers and sisters, Barack Obama to me, is a herald of the Messiah. Barack Obama is like the trumpet that alerts you something new, something better is on the way."

noun
a person or thing that precedes or comes before; forerunner; harbinger: the returning swallows, those heralds of spring.
So the "hreald" (Obama) comes before the Messiah and therefore is not the Messiah but a voice of the coming Messiah.

So we agree the Right are lying when they say that Farrakhan called Obama the Messiah.

her·ald (h
ebreve.gif
r
prime.gif
schwa.gif

Seriously?? You are using symantics here and you know it. And you might want to listen to that last clip I posted -
Louis Farrahkan says, "You are the instruments that God is going to use to bring about universal change, and that is why Barack has captured the youth. And he has involved young people in a political process that they didn't care anything about. That's a sign. When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking."
Did you read the abc link frrm 2008? Do you deny all the other things that have been posted? I will glady look for more, if you are indeed still denying that many tried to portray or believed him to be the messiah, and it wasn't coming from the right.

Not a messiah huh?

WOW what a load of horseshit.

Pehaps they should ask Chrissy Mathews. You know Chrissy and his tingling leg?

Loads of folks though Barry Boy was the second coming.

What a load of fucking idiots.

Barack Obama: 'The Messiah is absolutely speaking' - YouTube

You gotta love how the Right doggedly clings to a lie even after you point out that you know that the part just before their edited quote says that Obama is the "HERALD" of the Messiah, and NOT the Messiah. Just further proof of the complete dishonesty of the Right even in the face of the truth. The Right will lie to your face even though they know you know they are lying. The Right are the most shameless liars on the Earth!!!
:eusa_liar:

noun

her·ald (h
ebreve.gif
r
prime.gif
schwa.gif

Seriously?? You are using symantics here and you know it. And you might want to listen to that last clip I posted -
Louis Farrahkan says,["Brothers and sisters, Barack Obama to me, is a herald of the Messiah. Barack Obama is like the trumpet that alerts you something new, something better is on the way."] "You [the youth] are the instruments that God is going to use to bring about universal change, and that is why Barack has captured the youth. And he has involved young people in a political process that they didn't care anything about. That's a sign. When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking."
Did you read the abc link frrm 2008? Do you deny all the other things that have been posted? I will glady look for more, if you are indeed still denying that many tried to portray or believed him to be the messiah, and it wasn't coming from the right.
The clip is edited to exclude the part I posted which came before your dishonestly edited quote. What makes you think you can lie to someone who knows what you edited out?????? :eusa_liar:

The context is clearly that the Messiah is speaking to the youthful instruments through his herald Obama, who is NOT the Messiah. In context no honest person would say Farrakhan was calling Obama the Messiah, but the Right are never honest!

noun

her·ald (h
ebreve.gif
r
prime.gif
schwa.gif

Seriously... YOU are telling us about "Semantics" (from Ancient Greek: σημαντικός sēmantikós; important) is the study of meaning. It focuses on the relation between signifiers, like words, phrases, ...
IT IS so stupid to have idiots like YOU to write about "SEMANTICS" not "symantics" on so many levels..
A) It shows what total ignorance of little details EVEN when it shows you with the little red dotted line the word is misspelled!
B) It also show your ignorance in trying to correct someone else when there is a HUGE log in your eye..(See this quote..for more help..)
"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

her·ald (h
ebreve.gif
r
prime.gif
schwa.gif

Louis Farrahkan says,["Brothers and sisters, Barack Obama to me, is a herald of the Messiah. Barack Obama is like the trumpet that alerts you something new, something better is on the way."] "You [the youth] are the instruments that God is going to use to bring about universal change, and that is why Barack has captured the youth. And he has involved young people in a political process that they didn't care anything about. That's a sign. When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking."
The clip is edited to exclude the part I posted which came before your dishonestly edited quote. What makes you think you can lie to someone who knows what you edited out?????? :eusa_liar:

The context is clearly that the Messiah is speaking to the youthful instruments through his herald Obama, who is NOT the Messiah. In context no honest person would say Farrakhan was calling Obama the Messiah, but the Right are never honest!

I did not edit a damn thing out. That is what is posted on youtube. Period. And even if it was edited out, (which I have no idea if it was or not, as you have not posted a video to prove otherwise) you know that you are playing with semantics here and trying to turn the conversation away from every other mention of Obama and the messiah together. No mention about the other links? Such as the abc link?
Obama Christ: Our New Lord and Savior has Arrived!
ObamaChristFest March 22 2009' Click to Sign Up
Obama-Christ Fest is happening. March 29, 2009 in New York City! Click the link above to Sign Up!

ALERT March 5th 2009: The Church of Obama Christ has Reached 50,000 Members!
Welcome to the Church of Obama Christ
Join the over 50,000 people already members of the Obama Christ Movement.

What is Obama Christ?
Barack Obama is the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. This fact was witnessed by the world on November 4th, 2008 when Obama became the most powerful figure in the world. Obama was sent here from heaven to save our world from sin and destruction. Only worthy souls will be permitted to travel to heaven with Obama upon Earth's demise. The Church of Obama Christ has since been formed as a way for the world to worship and praise the new savior. He is the direct reincarnation of Jesus Christ and was placed here by the Holy Spirit. The end times are near and you must repent your sins to the Son of God, Barack Obama.

(oh, and thanks for reminding me symantecs is a security program, not semantics)

Last edited:
Louis Farrakhan – the hero of the Million Man March that Obama attended rather like unto Jesus seeking John the Baptist for baptism in the Jordan – said of his savior:“You are the instruments that God is gonna use to bring about universal change, and that is why Barack has captured the youth. And he has involved young people in a political process that they didn’t care anything about. That’s a sign. When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking.”

You are right! He is a like John the Baptist then???

But you seem to ignore all these other I guess idiots unlike you that believe Obama is a deity.. including these professional, "journalists"...

COLOR="Blue"]I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God." [/COLOR]
Evan Thomas on Hardball, Newsweek?s Evan Thomas: Obama Is ?Sort of God? | NewsBusters
MSNBC host Chris Matthews just can’t say enough nice things about President Obama.
Already remembered for 2008 remarks about Mr. Obama’s speech sending a “thrill” up his leg, Mr. Matthews has now suggested the president may be “the perfect American.”

Matthews interrupted to remind Corn that Obama was willing to spend time that day with lowly reporters.
"But, David Corn you skeptic," Matthews responded, "he came to us today. He came amongst us."
Chris Matthews Compares Obama to Jesus? 'He Came Amongst Us,' Says MSNBC Host

"We have an amazing story to tell," she said. "This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light."
-- Michelle Obama

"Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus."
-- Politiken (Danish newspaper)

"No one saw him coming, and Christians believe God comes at us from strange angles and places we don't expect, like Jesus being born in a manger."
--Lawrence Carter

"Many even see in Obama a messiah-like figure, a great soul, and some affectionately call him Mahatma Obama."
-- Dinesh Sharma

"We just like to say his name. We are considering taking it as a mantra."
-- Chicago] Sun-Times

"A Lightworker -- An Attuned Being with Powerful Luminosity and High-Vibration Integrity who will actually help usher in a New Way of Being"
-- Mark Morford
"What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history"
-- Jesse Jackson, Jr.

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."
-- Barack Obama

"Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"
-- Daily Kos

"He communicates God-like energy..."
-- Steve Davis (Charleston, SC)

"Not just an ordinary human being but indeed an Advanced Soul"
-- Commentator @ Chicago Sun Times

"I'll do whatever he says to do. I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear."
-- Halle Berry

"A quantum leap in American consciousness"
-- Deepak Chopra

"He is not operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians. . . . the agent of transformation in an age of revolution, as a figure uniquely qualified to open the door to the 21st century."
-- Gary Hart

"Barack Obama is our collective representation of our purest hopes, our highest visions and our deepest knowings . . . He's our product out of the all-knowing quantum field of intelligence."
-- Eve Konstantine

"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." | "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."
-- Chris Matthews

"[Obama is ] creative imagination which coupled with brilliance equals wisdom . . . [He is] the man for this time."
-- Toni Morrison

"Obama's finest speeches do not excite. They do not inform. They don't even really inspire. They elevate. . . . He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh . . . Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves."
-- Ezra Klein

"Obama has the capacity to summon heroic forces from the spiritual depths of ordinary citizens and to unleash therefrom a symphonic chorus of unique creative acts whose common purpose is to tame the soul and alleviate the great challenges facing mankind."
-- Gerald Campbell

"We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth."
-- Oprah Winfrey

“I would characterize the Senate race as being a race where Obama was, let’s say, blessed and highly favored. That’s not routine. There’s something else going on. I think that Obama, his election to the Senate, was divinely ordered. . . . I know that that was God’s plan."
-- Bill Rush

Is Barack Obama the Messiah?

her·ald (h
ebreve.gif
r
prime.gif
schwa.gif

Seriously... YOU are telling us about "Semantics" (from Ancient Greek: σημαντικός sēmantikós; important) is the study of meaning. It focuses on the relation between signifiers, like words, phrases, ...
IT IS so stupid to have idiots like YOU to write about "SEMANTICS" not "symantics" on so many levels..
A) It shows what total ignorance of little details EVEN when it shows you with the little red dotted line the word is misspelled!
B) It also show your ignorance in trying to correct someone else when there is a HUGE log in your eye..(See this quote..for more help..)
"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

Were you talking to me, healthmyths? I realize my mistake with the word, I automatically wrote using the name of a security product, rather than the proper spelling. Thanks for catching that. But, are you going to tell me there were not those on the left that tried to depict Obama as the messiah, or actually believed so?

Were you talking to me, healthmyths? I realize my mistake with the word, I automatically wrote using the name of a security product, rather than the proper spelling. Thanks for catching that. But, are you going to tell me there were not those on the left that tried to depict Obama as the messiah, or actually believed so?

I am so sorry for committing a terrible accusation regarding your position on the Messiah!
I apologize and was so wrong!
Please accept my apology.
I understand the issue regarding the little red dotted line and am sorry to have come down hard. Generally people who are so critical are the
ones that ignore the "details" and their ignoring the simple spell check done when commenting immediately makes me discount their comments!
Again... I apologize!

Why not show more than one Liberal, Left winger, or democrat on this forum ever calling or referring to Obama as the "messiah"? Start with me, I'm a Liberal and have thousands of posts on this forum, then try the other forum I belonged to and find even ONE where I referred to him as such...................
Since you "folks" like to generalize so much about "The Libruls", why not start right here? :)

Why not show more than one Liberal, Left winger, or democrat on this forum ever calling or referring to Obama as the "messiah"? Start with me, I'm a Liberal and have thousands of posts on this forum, then try the other forum I belonged to and find even ONE where I referred to him as such...................
Since you "folks" like to generalize so much about "The Libruls", why not start right here? :)

I created this thread and it isn't about us on this forum. Plenty of evidence has been given to prove beyond any doubt that the media desperately tried to portray Obama as something he clearly wasn't.

I don't recall seeing anywhere in this thread or the other one the claim that all liberals did. But for you to deny that there weren't a large number of people in the media, and Dems, that tried to portray him as some type of messiah, then you are just refusing to open your eyes.

I don't recall seeing anywhere in this thread or the other one the claim that all liberals did. But for you to deny that there weren't a large number of people in the media, and Dems, that tried to portray him as some type of messiah, then you are just refusing to open your eyes.

I'll bet there are just as many on the right who depict Obama as the Anti-Christ.

Watch "Barbara Walters: We Thought Obama Was Going To Be Next Messiah" on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D7IbWDOS6U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The truth is out in the open now so you can stop pretending you didn't look upon him as such.

Did you decide that Barbara Walters speaks for me?

Was that not your choice at the time she was aspiring to leadership of liberal thought (or whatever passes for that)?

Walters is a leader of liberal thought? :lol::lol::lol:

Holy shit, what a dumb ass

I created this thread and it isn't about us on this forum. Plenty of evidence has been given to prove beyond any doubt that the media desperately tried to portray Obama as something he clearly wasn't.

Well, maybe I misunderstood the context of both your title and your closing line?

" Libs claim they never acted as if Obama was some kind of messiah to them."

You made a blanket generalization above, what other way can someone interpret that? If I said that "conservatives are racists", that's a pretty unfair and inaccurate blanket generalization, I am sure that I would be rightly called to task for that.

"The truth is out in the open now so you can stop pretending you didn't look upon him as such."
Who were you "talking" to here? It would seem to me that you were directing this towards the Liberal members of this forum.

Please refer to this reply:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...me-kind-of-messiah-to-them-7.html#post8323033

What definition of "messiah" are you using, the "Jesus" one or another definition?

Forum List

Back