Libs claim they never acted as if Obama was some kind of messiah to them.

OBAMA CONVERSION STORIES

"We have an amazing story to tell," she said. "This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light."
-- Michelle Obama

"Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus."
-- Politiken (Danish newspaper)

"No one saw him coming, and Christians believe God comes at us from strange angles and places we don't expect, like Jesus being born in a manger."
--Lawrence Carter

"Many even see in Obama a messiah-like figure, a great soul, and some affectionately call him Mahatma Obama."
-- Dinesh Sharma

"We just like to say his name. We are considering taking it as a mantra."
-- Chicago] Sun-Times

"A Lightworker -- An Attuned Being with Powerful Luminosity and High-Vibration Integrity who will actually help usher in a New Way of Being"
-- Mark Morford
"What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history"
-- Jesse Jackson, Jr.

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."
-- Barack Obama

"Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"
-- Daily Kos

"He communicates God-like energy..."
-- Steve Davis (Charleston, SC)

"Not just an ordinary human being but indeed an Advanced Soul"
-- Commentator @ Chicago Sun Times

"I'll do whatever he says to do. I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear."
-- Halle Berry

"A quantum leap in American consciousness"
-- Deepak Chopra

"He is not operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians. . . . the agent of transformation in an age of revolution, as a figure uniquely qualified to open the door to the 21st century."
-- Gary Hart

"Barack Obama is our collective representation of our purest hopes, our highest visions and our deepest knowings . . . He's our product out of the all-knowing quantum field of intelligence."
-- Eve Konstantine

"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." | "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."
-- Chris Matthews

"[Obama is ] creative imagination which coupled with brilliance equals wisdom . . . [He is] the man for this time."
-- Toni Morrison

"Obama's finest speeches do not excite. They do not inform. They don't even really inspire. They elevate. . . . He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh . . . Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves."
-- Ezra Klein

"Obama has the capacity to summon heroic forces from the spiritual depths of ordinary citizens and to unleash therefrom a symphonic chorus of unique creative acts whose common purpose is to tame the soul and alleviate the great challenges facing mankind."
-- Gerald Campbell

"We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth."
-- Oprah Winfrey

“I would characterize the Senate race as being a race where Obama was, let’s say, blessed and highly favored. That’s not routine. There’s something else going on. I think that Obama, his election to the Senate, was divinely ordered. . . . I know that that was God’s plan."
-- Bill Rush

Is Barack Obama the Messiah?

In all seriousness you Obama supporters... did you not know you were voting for "Divinity"??? Even in Obama's OWN mind!!!

The above post brought to you by the guy who thinks GW Bush was the greatest president in the history of the universe.

Watch "Barbara Walters: We Thought Obama Was Going To Be Next Messiah" on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D7IbWDOS6U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The truth is out in the open now so you can stop pretending you didn't look upon him as such.

See this is how some people look like idiots; they take the comments of one or a few people and then assign it to a whole group of people. I'm a Liberal and I never thought that Obama was a "messiah", my wife is a Liberal and is a fan of Obama, she never said that he was a "messiah", numerous friends and associates of mine voted for Obama and guess what; I never heard them refer to him as their "messiah".

It would be safe to say that if you did a search on keywords "Obama" and "messiah" here, it's the RWrs using it.

Did you decide that Barbara Walters speaks for me?

Was that not your choice at the time she was aspiring to leadership of liberal thought (or whatever passes for that)?

I've no doubt the above sentence means something to you but I can assure you with a good deal of confidence that normal America has no idea what that seemingly random collection of words is supposed to signify.

OK OK Let's ignore Barbara..
What about these comments SOME MADE by Obama himself... how pompous at the least..
This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."
-- Barack Obama

Seriously don't you think that's kind of pompous to say the least???
Or when he tells people...
"a light will shine through that window, a beam of light will come down upon you, you will experience an epiphany ...
and you will suddenly realize that you must go to the polls and vote for Obama" -Barack Obama Lebanon, New Hampshire. January 7, 2008.

And don't tell me you think he was joking!!! For someone who is such a great communicator he certainly needs a lot of "context adjustment'!!!

Watch "Barbara Walters: We Thought Obama Was Going To Be Next Messiah" on YouTube

The truth is out in the open now so you can stop pretending you didn't look upon him as such.

See this is how some people look like idiots; they take the comments of one or a few people and then assign it to a whole group of people. I'm a Liberal and I never thought that Obama was a "messiah", my wife is a Liberal and is a fan of Obama, she never said that he was a "messiah", numerous friends and associates of mine voted for Obama and guess what; I never heard them refer to him as their "messiah".

Wow... you are right...your friends and you were ignorant then of EVEN Obama's inclination to think he was a deity!

For example... did you hear his nomination acceptance speech in 2008???
The majority of Americans know AND PERCEIVE that Obama the Messiah was able as Messiah to do as he said in his own words:

"a light will shine through that window, a beam of light will come down upon you, you will experience an epiphany ...
and you will suddenly realize that you must go to the polls and vote for Obama" -Barack Obama Lebanon, New Hampshire. January 7, 2008.

And further proof Obama is a God to all of you supporters....
"...This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal." Speech in St. Paul, Minnesota (3 June 2008)
And he also said ""a light will shine through that window,

And further proof the MSM believes he is a deity...
From the Editor of NewsWeek...

"MSM job is to Bash the President"...
Evan Thomas Editor of NewsWeek's quotes Well, our job is to bash the president, that's what we do." --
Evan Thomas responding to a question on whether the media's unfair to Bush on the TV talk show Inside Washington,
February 2, 2007.Newsweek's Evan Thomas: 'Our Job Is To Bash the President' | NewsBusters

MSM Job to Bash the President..."
But what about Obama ... any bashing here???

COLOR="Blue"]I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God." [/COLOR]
Evan Thomas on Hardball, Newsweek?s Evan Thomas: Obama Is ?Sort of God? | NewsBusters

The hardball, jaded journalist Evan Thomas calling him a God!

And that other hard hitting MSM journalist..
Last night[2/13/08] during MSNBC's Potomac Primary coverage,
Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann were discussing Barack Obama's speech.
Matthews — who, in the past, has both cried over an Obama speech and compared him to Jesus —
described exactly what happens to him when Obama speaks
"I have to tell you, you know, it's part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama's speech.
My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often.
Chris Matthews: "I Felt This Thrill Going Up My Leg" As Obama Spoke

So again you maybe in the minority BUT obviously you haven't been privy to all the comments made about Obama's deity!

There is even a web site Is Barack Obama the Messiah?
Check it out regarding his deification!

LOL, a couple of people make that reference, others say good things about him, Obama talks about "light" (as do people of a certain fraternity), and you dishonestly try to attribute that to MILLIONS of people who voted for him? Thanks for the laugh! :lol:

You may not have said that exact word, but the "messiah" label was created to describe the response a lot of people had toward Obama.

Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, etc.

Someone who can attract a crowd like this....on foreign soil....(this is at the Victory Column in Berlin)

obama-crowd-at-victory-column.jpg

made the far right go crazy. It was THEIR label. I never thought of Obama as a saint. I thought of him for what he was and is: the first black POTUS.
McCain couldn't attract a crowd like this on American soil much less Europe. Even if Sarah Palin had done a strip tease.

Last edited:

I don't think it reached the level of Reagan worship, but it was overblown for sure. Also, some of us wanted the Clinton's. After Chaney/Bush, it became clear that nothing short of criminality could move Washington. The Left needed a real bastard like LBJ

Last edited:
Most people who have referred to Obama as a messiah are righties.

"Rghties" like these folks?

David Axelrod privately calls Barack Obama “Black Jesus,” according to Edward Klein’s fantastic new book, The Amateur (p. 59).
According to Klein, Micah Tillman, lecturer in philosophy at the Catholic University of America, called Obama “the Platonic philosopher king we’ve been looking for the past 2,400 years.”

And no less an authority than Oprah has called him “The One.”

Evan Thomas, liberal editor of liberal Newsweek, used the same divine terms of awe in praising his lord and savior, declaring on MSNBC:“I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God.”

Spike Lee said of his deity:“It means that this is a whole new world. I think…I’ve been saying this before. You can divide history. BB Before Barack. AB After Barack.”

Louis Farrakhan – the hero of the Million Man March that Obama attended rather like unto Jesus seeking John the Baptist for baptism in the Jordan – said of his savior:“You are the instruments that God is gonna use to bring about universal change, and that is why Barack has captured the youth. And he has involved young people in a political process that they didn’t care anything about. That’s a sign. When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking.”

And as Obama puts it:“… a light will shine through that window, a beam of light will come down upon you, you will experience an epiphany … and you will suddenly realize that you must go to the polls and vote for Obama” – Barack Obama Lebanon, New Hampshire, January 7, 2008

Flame thread. Right.

Nope, it's a thread about the op that seems to have upset some on the left. Just like EVERY OTHER thread that isnt pro Obama.

Take it as you will. They are Barbaras words not mine. :)

this isn't about obama gramps, it's about you saying liberals called obama their Messiah...

you are accusing liberals of calling obama their Messiah in the past and now reneging on it....

Liberals did not call obama their Messiah....rightwingers falsley SAY that liberals called obama Messiah.....

Now, you can say Liberals were quite pleased with no longer having a Bush in the Whitehouse or a republican in the whitehouse after the previous 8 years.....but no moreso than republicans being quite pleased when Bush, a republican, took the whitehouse over from clinton, a democrat....

Even if Hillary had won, the Dems would have been quite pleased with a sigh of relief that it was not another republican president, not another ''Bush''....or Bush clone.....it was a LONG 8 years for most liberals with the repubs in the whitehouse....just as it may seem to those on the right, with dems/obama in the whitehouse

OP- OH BALONEY...JUST INTELLIGENT. COMPASSIONATE Policy for a change, and a good orator and family man...too bad about the mindless greedy idiot obstructionists, the bs pub propagandists, and the hater dupes....

I never thought of Obama as any kind of "Messiah". I was simply tired of 8 years of Republican bungling. Sadly, Obama has shown himself to be quite similar to Bush in many aspects of his presidency.

I find your comment absurd. How did you come to this conclusion?

What part do you find absurd? That I was tired of Republican bungling? I know many of you conservatives never tire of it.

I say that Obama is similar to Bush, because he continued many of Bush's police state policies which I was hopeful that he would put an end to. Sadly, we still have the DHS, the TSA, domestic spying, and Gitmo.

You are then only person to ever call me a conservative. Frankly, I'm offended.

GWB was incompetent and authored the war on terror which is less successful than the war on drugs, which was even more absurd in practice than the invasion and occupation of Iraq [though an equal number of young Americans likely died as a result of both failed fiascos].

Last edited:

You may not have said that exact word, but the "messiah" label was created to describe the response a lot of people had toward Obama.

Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, etc.

You're usually better than this ^^^ g5000. The messiah label was a construct of those who oppose the President.

I think you misunderstood my post. I said that label was created in response to the way people reacted to Obama. An example of one such reaction:

Last edited by a moderator:
On the other hand- if there is such a thing, it may be an even bigger tragedy that he actually might be ''the magic negro'' of some mythology- he HAS been awfully lucky LOL....and there's a helluva lot of stuff to fix...GD PUBS.

Forum List

Back