Libs, If banning Arab "refugees" saves even 1 US life...is it worth it?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
I hear this argument ALL THE TIME from the left on all sorts of grand ideas to mandate or ban or regulate when the result won't make much difference.

Well...."If it saves even 1 American life...it's worth it."

They say it about gun control.

Ok.

How about refugees? CIA says ISIS is sneaking operatives in. We know this. If banning them all prevents the ISIS guys...and just 1 life saved.....

How many refugees die because we won't let them in? Is your 1 American life that much more valuable than theirs? Oh, wait--I know your answer.

I hear this argument ALL THE TIME from the left on all sorts of grand ideas to mandate or ban or regulate when the result won't make much difference.

Ok.

How about refugees? CIA says ISIS is sneaking operatives in. We know this. If banning them all prevents the ISIS guys...and just 1 life saved.....

I think it is an equally valid question.

Are you for gun control if it saves even one life?

"
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" "

You ask would I ban one Muslim Refugee From Syria?

No!

You worry about the possible threat like many once worried about the German being loyal to their homeland during World War I & II.

You fear a person like the people of World War II did when it came to the Japanese American and they posed no threat to our soil.

The threat is already here and our nation was built on the unwanted soul that looked for a new life in a country far away from their birthplace.

So no I will not deny anyone and I mean anyone the chance for freedom no matter their race, religion, sex or sexuality because they deserve a life of freedom as much as your family deserved it when they came here...

That Bucky sure is tricky! He comes up with these really deep thoughts several times per day.

He should collect all of these ethical dilemmas, write them on cards and sell it as a board game.

How many refugees die because we won't let them in? Is your 1 American life that much more valuable than theirs? Oh, wait--I know your answer.

You're God damn right it is. THEY aren't Americans. We spent trillions of dollars and lost thousands of lives trying to stabilize THEIR shithole homeland and THEIR peers wouldn't civilize.

Now you say we should accept some terrorists just for the sake of letting some of them come in here???

Fuck that.

YES....AMERICAN LIVES ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN REFUGEES.

That Bucky sure is tricky! He comes up with these really deep thoughts several times per day.

He should collect all of these ethical dilemmas, write them on cards and sell it as a board game.

No. It's not tricky.

It's simply asking liberals to apply their logic consistently to different issues. You morons judge each topic in a vacuum based on feel and emotion....and that's why you all are so hypocritical.

Ok.

The CIA also says the country is pretty evenly divided, "conservatives" and "liberals", and we hear you people caterwauling endlessly about what you'd live to do with the "other" half, so the whole "life saving" aspect of this is quite an uphill push bub.

You're God damn right it is. THEY aren't Americans. We spent trillions of dollars and lost thousands of lives trying to stabilize THEIR shithole homeland and THEIR peers wouldn't civilize.

Now you say we should accept some terrorists just for the sake of letting some of them come in here???

Fuck that.

Weeeeeeeee!

Fuck that.

"You're God damn right it is. THEY aren't Americans. We spent trillions of dollars and lost thousands of lives trying to stabilize THEIR shithole homeland and THEIR peers wouldn't civilize."

Write your congressman. THEY didn't authorize that stuff themselves.

Yes. The government's job is to protect American lives, not those of other countries. It's even worse if in the process of saving the citizens of another country, they end up allowing their own citizens to die.

No. It's not tricky.

It's simply asking liberals to apply their logic consistently to different issues. You morons judge each topic in a vacuum based on feel and emotion....and that's why you all are so hypocritical.

You never base anything on "feel and emotion" do you?

No. It's not tricky.

Have you ever tried leading by example?

"
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" "

You ask would I ban one Muslim Refugee From Syria?

No!

You worry about the possible threat like many once worried about the German being loyal to their homeland during World War I & II.

You fear a person like the people of World War II did when it came to the Japanese American and they posed no threat to our soil.

The threat is already here and our nation was built on the unwanted soul that looked for a new life in a country far away from their birthplace.

So no I will not deny anyone and I mean anyone the chance for freedom no matter their race, religion, sex or sexuality because they deserve a life of freedom as much as your family deserved it when they came here...
That always gives me chills. Thanks for the reminder.

Fuck that.

100,000,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Guns kill thousands of Americans each year. How many are killed by muslim refugees ??

19 immigrants killed 3000 in 2001.

And....you're trying to equate a net crime total of a 330,000,000 person nation to that of a wave of immigrants that's 0.01% the size. Sorry. I'm too smart for the liberal tricks you morons use on your college freshmen.

Guns kill thousands of Americans each year. How many are killed by muslim refugees ??
Guns are tools, inanimate objects with no will of their own. The ones killing people are those choosing to abuse those tools. Shifting the blame to the object not only defies all logic, but takes the blame from the individual choosing to murder another person.

Forum List

Back