Lieberman is front-runner for FBI director: report

I only hope and pray Lieberman is not another swamp inhabitant.

My God....can't they get it right for once?

Put patriots in the White House? instead of traitors?

What is so hard to understand????
Unlike Obama, Lieberman is a traditional Democrat, liberal on domestic issues but tough on security issues, and he is a man of high principles as witnessed by supporting McCain against his Party's nominee, Obama, in 2008 after being the Party's VP candidate in 2004, knowing full well this would spell the end of his political career.

PFFFT. Liar-man's career was already over when his state rejected him in a primary election and when he left office with a freaking 31% approval rating.

As for "the integrity thing", part 2, from a Connecticut newspaper comment:

>> Lieberman’s egregious waffling, or seeming waffling, over a public option when Obamacare was being passed—all the while likely having no intention whatsoever of supporting it—and then, near the last moment, finally showing his hand and coming down against it, likely because of his political debts to CT’s private insurance industry—well, that was the last straw: the clear demonstration that when he really has power to affect it, he cares about the public interest not one whit.

Seems this afternoon that Joe is the front-runner for the job. He and Trump “bonded.”

It would be interesting to know what Joe said to Trump when asked whether Trump would have his loyalty.

It would be interesting to know, in time, whether career FBI agents will believe that Joe has their backs.<<
Exactly. That's what I'm talking about when I render his name as Ho Liar-man.
lol The state didn't reject him,

Um, check the vote tally Goober.
Ned Lamont 146,587 52.0%

Joseph Lieberman (Incumbent) 136,468 48.0%

Now I'm not a mathematician but I'm pretty sure 52% beats 48.

Those numbers are state voters. They're not "negotiable".

Oh wait, lemme guess --- "two hundred thousand illegal Canadians voted" right?

SMH

....the Democratic Party did because he refused to support Obama in 2008 as a matter of principle. Nonetheless, he ran as an independent while still being a registered Democrat and won that election. You seem to be confusing partisan loyalty with integrity.

Uhh... you seem to be confusing Joe Lieberman with Strom Thurmond.

I like Lieberman, good man...

BY MAX GREENWOOD - 05/18/17 02:03 PM EDT

liebermanjoe_120316getty.jpg

Former Sen. Joe Lieberman has emerged as the likely pick to replace recently fired FBI Director James Comey, Politico reported Thursday.

Trump met with four candidates for the top law enforcement job on Wednesday, including Lieberman, and reportedly bonded with the former Democratic vice presidential candidate, Politico reported citing a person familiar with the meeting.

Trump told one adviser that he is hoping to announce his FBI director pick before he departs Friday on a nine-day trip abroad – his first overseas excursion since taking office in January.

He is a democrat hack.......I hope he isn't the guy....I hope Trump picks a real law enforcement officer who will actually follow the law....

Unlike Obama, Lieberman is a traditional Democrat, liberal on domestic issues but tough on security issues, and he is a man of high principles as witnessed by supporting McCain against his Party's nominee, Obama, in 2008 after being the Party's VP candidate in 2004 2000 knowing full well this would spell the end of his political career.

Why didn't Lieberman predict 9/11, especially when he was more familiar with its possibility because of the preview of it in Israel in 1973? We need someone who is prescient, not precious.
Unfortunately Nostradamus is dead.

Unlike Obama, Lieberman is a traditional Democrat, liberal on domestic issues but tough on security issues, and he is a man of high principles as witnessed by supporting McCain against his Party's nominee, Obama, in 2008 after being the Party's VP candidate in 2004, knowing full well this would spell the end of his political career.

PFFFT. Liar-man's career was already over when his state rejected him in a primary election and when he left office with a freaking 31% approval rating.

>> Lieberman’s egregious waffling, or seeming waffling, over a public option when Obamacare was being passed—all the while likely having no intention whatsoever of supporting it—and then, near the last moment, finally showing his hand and coming down against it, likely because of his political debts to CT’s private insurance industry—well, that was the last straw: the clear demonstration that when he really has power to affect it, he cares about the public interest not one whit.

Seems this afternoon that Joe is the front-runner for the job. He and Trump “bonded.”

It would be interesting to know what Joe said to Trump when asked whether Trump would have his loyalty.

It would be interesting to know, in time, whether career FBI agents will believe that Joe has their backs.<<

Ned Lamont 146,587 52.0%

SMH

....the Democratic Party did because he refused to support Obama in 2008 as a matter of principle. Nonetheless, he ran as an independent while still being a registered Democrat and won that election. You seem to be confusing partisan loyalty with integrity.

You're confusing the democratic primary, with Lieberman lost by the numbers you posted, with the actual election.
"On November 7, Lieberman won re-election with 50% of the vote. Ned Lamont garnered 40% of ballots cast and Alan Schlesinger won 10%.[47] Lieberman received support from 33% of Democrats, 54% of independents and 70% of Republicans.[48]"
Joe Lieberman - Wikipedia

Unlike Obama, Lieberman is a traditional Democrat, liberal on domestic issues but tough on security issues, and he is a man of high principles as witnessed by supporting McCain against his Party's nominee, Obama, in 2008 after being the Party's VP candidate in 2004 2000 knowing full well this would spell the end of his political career.

Why didn't Lieberman predict 9/11, especially when he was more familiar with its possibility because of the preview of it in Israel in 1973? We need someone who is prescient, not precious.
(Did he see it coming?)

Ned Lamont 146,587 52.0%

SMH

Dummy, Lieberman won the election and served his third term in the Senate. The Democrats may have had little use for a man of principle but the majority of the voters in CT put him back in the Senate. Again, you seem to be confusing integrity with blind partisanship.

(Did he see it coming?)
lol No idea but the poster wanted some one who was prescient.

Bro, Lieberman is a jewish, zionist, neocon devil.
When certain people encounter a controversy, all they can see is JEW JEW JEW.

World War II beat that vile filth out of a lot of them. In many cases by killing them, since nothing else would work.

Looks like they missed a few.

Ned Lamont 146,587 52.0%

SMH

Dummy, Lieberman won the election and served his third term in the Senate. The Democrats may have had little use for a man of principle but the majority of the voters in CT put him back in the Senate. Again, you seem to be confusing integrity with blind partisanship.

And you just said the party, not the people, dumped him. And I just proved you WRONG. And there ain't nuttn' you can do about that.

Again, Strom Thurmond was the dude who was dropped by the party and then won as a write-in. That was I believe 1954.

Ned Lamont 146,587 52.0%

SMH

You're confusing the democratic primary, with Lieberman lost by the numbers you posted, with the actual election.
"On November 7, Lieberman won re-election with 50% of the vote. Ned Lamont garnered 40% of ballots cast and Alan Schlesinger won 10%.[47] Lieberman received support from 33% of Democrats, 54% of independents and 70% of Republicans.[48]"

Yeah I have all that. The primary is what we're talking about here, not the election.

Ned Lamont 146,587 52.0%

SMH

Yeah I have all that. The primary is what we're talking about here, not the election.
The party dumped him in the primary.

That's why he ran as an independent.

Ned Lamont 146,587 52.0%

SMH

No, the people dumped him in the primary. I posted the vote totals of them doing that. You can't be the party's candidate if the people pick somebody else. They picked Lamont.

With the exception that if a party wants to, it can ignore the primary and install somebody else. That's what happened to Teddy Roosevelt in 1912.

But not in 2006; there was a state primary, and Liarman the incumbent --- lost it. THAT is why he ran as an independent.

And by the near-end of that term only 26% of his constituents thought he should be re-elected. That's when he "retired" and went to work for the big New York law firm that handles Rump stuff, smoothing over his bankruptcies and such. Not that there's any conflict of interest in that.... :eusa_whistle:

Ned Lamont 146,587 52.0%

SMH

And you just said the party, not the people, dumped him. And I just proved you WRONG. And there ain't nuttn' you can do about that.

Again, Strom Thurmond was the dude who was dropped by the party and then won as a write-in. That was I believe 1954.
He won the election so clearly the people didn't reject him.

There Is No I in the CIA Except for Ego

Covering up for the Diploma Dumbos who get ahead in Terminal America? Truly intelligent people could have seen that attack coming. Worship the status quo and get ready to surrender.

Why didn't Lieberman predict 9/11?.
(Did he see it coming?)
The CIA Can't Connect the Dots, They Can Only Collect the Dots

By comparing intelligent criticism to supernaturalist superstition, he just wants to cover up his slavery to the way inferior minds get ahead.

Worship of our decadent social structure could have gotten me killed in Vietnam. Luckily my tour was up before the Tet Offensive. The Diploma Dumbos knew the enemy was planning something big, but typical of narrow-minded college graduates, they were only capable of thinking that the Communists would copy what they had done to the French.

My former company paid dearly for believing in those irrationally placed above them.. It was their Captain who said, "We destroyed Hue in order to save it."

Bro, Lieberman is a jewish, zionist, neocon devil.
When certain people encounter a controversy, all they can see is JEW JEW JEW.

World War II beat that vile filth out of a lot of them. In many cases by killing them, since nothing else would work.

Looks like they missed a few.
Reply to New Age Novel Slaughterhouse-Five

Ah, Dresden! Love the smell of roast Nazi in the morning!

Ned Lamont 146,587 52.0%

SMH

Lieberman Defeated in Democratic Primary

Forum List

Back