🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Lions, tigers and babies....oh my? Which do you value more? State your political leanings please.

Which means more to you?

• 1) the death of Cecil the lion

• 2) the death of the babies at planned parenthood

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah, that lion in Africa was killed...and the left is in mourning like a human was killed. I am sorry the lion was killed as well, I love animals a lot...even liberals.......but the mourning for the lion, vs. the silence on the killings at planned unparenthood are revealing...so a poll......

Please, for the purpose of this poll, state your political leanings.....if you dare...

I am a modern American Conservative.....

I am confused as to how these two are related. On the one hand, the killing of the lion was a pretty disgusting act. I say that as a hunter. On the other hand, Planned Parenthood provides a number of services, and only one of those is objectionable to some people. They do a lot of good for women who would be forced to do without if not for them (mainly for financial reasons).

Sorry, this isn't the 19th century...any hospital or medical practice or county health dept. could do what they do.....and they already get tax money for regular services........

Could? Sure.
Do they? No.

But if you want to dismiss 400,000 PAP smears, 500,000 breast exams, and 4.5 million STI tests and treatments, you are free to do so. But comparing it to a rich guy paying to have an old lion lured out of sanctuary so he could be shot over bait seems a bit of a stretch.

They are killiing babies and selling their organs for money. The guy killed a lion...sad, and unecessary....but killing babies for money trumps that....
Women choosing to abort. Get your facts straight. RIGHT TO CHOOSE. You are trying to make this thread all about abortion and a woman's right to choose into a deliberate murder of a gerber faced baby, vs a lion LURED out to be beheaded for some schmucks wall. The lion is just a scapegoat for your obvious intent to make it about abortion.

It is about killing babies and selling their organs for money, I have been obvious about it......and the planned parent video is not about a blob of cells....but small humans with arms, legs and a nervous system...........thank you for responding....

These are the people who will be in charge of deciding if you and your family get the medical procedures you need to survive.......they believe killing a lion is horrible.....the baby thing...as long as they also do pap smears....not so bad.....

The OP's poll needs a third option...and that is, that you care about BOTH.

Otherwise is not a fair poll ...that's why I didn't vote.

My two cents.

It is a fair poll it is seeing which is more important to people......giving "both" allows people to get away without really making a decision.....without thinking about what they are saying...

I am confused as to how these two are related. On the one hand, the killing of the lion was a pretty disgusting act. I say that as a hunter. On the other hand, Planned Parenthood provides a number of services, and only one of those is objectionable to some people. They do a lot of good for women who would be forced to do without if not for them (mainly for financial reasons).

Sorry, this isn't the 19th century...any hospital or medical practice or county health dept. could do what they do.....and they already get tax money for regular services........

Could? Sure.
Do they? No.

But if you want to dismiss 400,000 PAP smears, 500,000 breast exams, and 4.5 million STI tests and treatments, you are free to do so. But comparing it to a rich guy paying to have an old lion lured out of sanctuary so he could be shot over bait seems a bit of a stretch.

They are killiing babies and selling their organs for money. The guy killed a lion...sad, and unecessary....but killing babies for money trumps that....
Women choosing to abort. Get your facts straight. RIGHT TO CHOOSE. You are trying to make this thread all about abortion and a woman's right to choose into a deliberate murder of a gerber faced baby, vs a lion LURED out to be beheaded for some schmucks wall. The lion is just a scapegoat for your obvious intent to make it about abortion.

It is about killing babies and selling their organs for money, I have been obvious about it......and the planned parent video is not about a blob of cells....but small humans with arms, legs and a nervous system...........thank you for responding....

These are the people who will be in charge of deciding if you and your family get the medical procedures you need to survive.......they believe killing a lion is horrible.....the baby thing...as long as they also do pap smears....not so bad.....
Blah blah blah blah.

Could? Sure.
Do they? No.

Blah blah blah blah.

Yes....they killed babies.......so they could sell their organs for money........human beings.....helpless human beings who also did nothing wrong..........just like animals.....

Could? Sure.
Do they? No.

Blah blah blah blah.

Yes....they killed babies.......so they could sell their organs for money........human beings.....helpless human beings who also did nothing wrong..........just like animals.....
Yer insane.

I had an abortion long ago....I didn't get paid. Dayum. Where's my money? And no, I don't feel bad about it. Not. One. Iota.

I had an abortion long ago....I didn't get paid. Dayum. Where's my money? And no, I don't feel bad about it. Not. One. Iota.

They don't pay the mothers...they keep the money. Sorry for the decision you had to make.

Blah blah blah blah.

Yer insane.

They kill babies...with arms, legs, hearts, livers and a nervous system......and make money off of it...........and I am insane?

If I knew of someone killing babies I would call the police. What`s the problem? Do these people lack telephones? Tell me where this is happening and call the police for you since you people don`t seem to care.

If I knew of someone killing babies I would call the police. What`s the problem? Do these people lack telephones? Tell me where this is happening and call the police for you since you people don`t seem to care.

The police will tell you the law allows them to kill these babies.....

And of course Cecil got more coverage than the planned parenthood scandal....

Nets Covered Cecil the Lion More in 1 Day Than Abortion Videos in 2 Weeks - Breitbart

According to the Media Research Center, in just one day, the various broadcast networks’ news programs have already given the death of Cecil the Lion more coverage than two weeks of videos that appear to show Planned Parenthood senior officials ghoulishly trafficking illegally in dead baby parts:

Tuesday, the networks spent 5 minutes, 44 seconds during their evening news shows on Cecil — and that’s not even counting the teasers. Wednesday morning, ABC, NBC and CBS lamented over the lion for 8 minutes, 17 seconds.

But they couldn’t do the same for a story of babies “picked” apart by tweezers.

On July 29, Good Morning America co-anchor Lara Spencer highlighted the “very disturbing story” with “international outrage” before turning to ABC correspondent David Wright for the full story on the lion-shooting by an American, now, according to Wright, “pretty much the most hated man on the internet.”

“There are no words,” Spencer added at the end of the segment. Again, we’re talking about a lion.

For CBS’ This Morning, co-anchor Gayle King commented, “The more you hear about it, the more upsetting it is.” For the shooting of a lion, yes. For the weekly videos exposing the trafficking of baby parts, no. (According to the media, that is.).

And of course Cecil got more coverage than the planned parenthood scandal....

Nets Covered Cecil the Lion More in 1 Day Than Abortion Videos in 2 Weeks - Breitbart

According to the Media Research Center, in just one day, the various broadcast networks’ news programs have already given the death of Cecil the Lion more coverage than two weeks of videos that appear to show Planned Parenthood senior officials ghoulishly trafficking illegally in dead baby parts:

Tuesday, the networks spent 5 minutes, 44 seconds during their evening news shows on Cecil — and that’s not even counting the teasers. Wednesday morning, ABC, NBC and CBS lamented over the lion for 8 minutes, 17 seconds.

But they couldn’t do the same for a story of babies “picked” apart by tweezers.

On July 29, Good Morning America co-anchor Lara Spencer highlighted the “very disturbing story” with “international outrage” before turning to ABC correspondent David Wright for the full story on the lion-shooting by an American, now, according to Wright, “pretty much the most hated man on the internet.”

“There are no words,” Spencer added at the end of the segment. Again, we’re talking about a lion.

For CBS’ This Morning, co-anchor Gayle King commented, “The more you hear about it, the more upsetting it is.” For the shooting of a lion, yes. For the weekly videos exposing the trafficking of baby parts, no. (According to the media, that is.).

As I mentioned in another thread, don't expect anything to come of the PP disgusting story, because outside of a couple news sources, the msm is not going to go after PP no matter what.

On the other hand they will be discussing Cecil for quite some time.
That's just the way it is.

Well when I die I hope my dog is there.. otherwise it would not be the heaven I'm hoping for.

If you put that much emphasis on your dog, you have misplaced priorities. We need to talk.
I like my dogs more than most people. In fact, the more I learn about people the more I like dogs. You have your religious beliefs but God is bigger than any book.

I don't claim to know about the afterlife but my dogs have personality that transcends many people. And I do not believe dogs are unique that way.

The OP question is a false dichotomy though, it isn't an either/or scenario. I can dislike killing babies for birth control and killing lions for an ego fluffing.

So you`ve already embarrassed yourself with calls to the police. How exactly did the conversation go?

So you`ve already embarrassed yourself with calls to the police. How exactly did the conversation go?

Well moron...I didn't make any calls.......the left has brainwashed too many people into accepting murder as lawful.....as long as they can't see what they are doing....

I have always said the conservative position on most things is the more difficult to defend because they are not easily visual in nature.

Death penalty.....you can see the criminal sitting on death row, alone, isolated, facing death....something none of us would want to experience..and easily seen

Not so easily seen, the violent murder that put them their....the victim/s are long gone....not even ghosts....and if most people can't see a thing it doesn't exist..

During the shooting of Silence of the Lambs, actor Scott Glen was anti death penalty going into the filming. The FBI serial killer profile played him audio tapes of killers raping, torturing and murdering a girl the kidnapped...the killers made the audio for themselves and it was captured when they were arrested......

After listening to that audio, and the rest of his preperation to play his role, actually knowing what these guys did....Scott Glen became a supporter of the death penalty.

Another issue...abortion......as many people here show.....they can see the lion, and they even see the dead animal in those photos in the press....but the babies murdered......it doesn't strike home if you don't see what they are doing...like the woman who signed on to draw blood and then was allowed to dissect the babies...she said she really needed the job and didn't think it would be a big deal....and then she held the babies leg in the forcep...and she realized it was a human being...

What do the people here say? Just tissue....just a blastocyst......they don't see the human beings when they are taken apart.........

If you can't see it, it isn't real...or human.....

Gun control......seeing the police tape and hearing of the carnage at a shooting...easy to understand, since the anti gunners are right their telling you what happened and they have the bodies right there.....

Tell these same people...guns are used to stop crime and in most cases, no shots are fired, and no one is killed......harder to understand....or believe.....

That is why the demcorat allies in the media are barely covering the story...they know it would create a huge reaction.....and it is also why you see that lion.........because they know if they show it, people will react to it....

I am totally against any sort of trophy hunting. I have no issue hunting for meat. I don't feel sorry for the dentist exactly but he is getting rather unfairly attacked - the blame belongs as much if not more to the guides responsible for luring the lion out of the park.

Other than that - I feel more sorry for the lion's death as I do for the blastocyst flushed out of a woman's body during a chemical abortion. It's hard to feel sorry for something that has no awareness, feels no pain, and only exists. The lion is aware of what is happening, is thinking and sentient, and feels the pain and comprehends fear. It was a trusting soul.

Politically I'm a liberal.

They aren't blatocystys.....they have arms, legs, livers, hearts, and brians.........did you see the videos?

90 percent of abortions take place in the first trimester - that includes blastocysts.

Could? Sure.
Do they? No.

I'm sorry, did these people go out and get women and make them get abortions? Did they somehow entice them to abort their fetuses?

What they DID was provide over 400,000 PAP smears, 500,000 breast exams and 4.5 million STI tests and treatment. Yes, they also performed abortions.

As for selling the remains, I would argue that is another positive. The women aborted the babies. Now there is a dead body. You have a choice of throwing in an incinerator or saving lives. If you choose the incinerator it is hard for me to buy your "sanctity of life" argument.

Could? Sure.
Do they? No.

Blah blah blah blah.

On this I call bullshit. But it is common bullshit.

You said "Yes....they killed babies.......so they could sell their organs for money". No they did not. They did not kill babies SO they could sell the organs. They performed abortions and did not waste a resource. But the selling of the organs is not the reason they performed abortions.

Blah blah blah blah.

Yer insane.

They kill babies...with arms, legs, hearts, livers and a nervous system......and make money off of it...........and I am insane?

They make more performing the abortion than from selling the organs. The sell the bodies for between $30 and $100. That is a pittance.

Well when I die I hope my dog is there.. otherwise it would not be the heaven I'm hoping for.

If you put that much emphasis on your dog, you have misplaced priorities. We need to talk.
I like my dogs more than most people. In fact, the more I learn about people the more I like dogs. You have your religious beliefs but God is bigger than any book.

I don't claim to know about the afterlife but my dogs have personality that transcends many people. And I do not believe dogs are unique that way.

The OP question is a false dichotomy though, it isn't an either/or scenario. I can dislike killing babies for birth control and killing lions for an ego fluffing.

THIS!!

Forum List

Back