🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Lions, tigers and babies....oh my? Which do you value more? State your political leanings please.

Which means more to you?

• 1) the death of Cecil the lion

• 2) the death of the babies at planned parenthood

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am totally against any sort of trophy hunting. I have no issue hunting for meat. I don't feel sorry for the dentist exactly but he is getting rather unfairly attacked - the blame belongs as much if not more to the guides responsible for luring the lion out of the park.

Other than that - I feel more sorry for the lion's death as I do for the blastocyst flushed out of a woman's body during a chemical abortion. It's hard to feel sorry for something that has no awareness, feels no pain, and only exists. The lion is aware of what is happening, is thinking and sentient, and feels the pain and comprehends fear. It was a trusting soul.

Politically I'm a liberal.

They aren't blatocystys.....they have arms, legs, livers, hearts, and brians.........did you see the videos?

Well, the Lion has no soul.

But, the Babies are in heaven... but, they had a right to live.....

Humans will always take precedence over animals.
nothing or more annoying that $ being spent on animals.
You're wrong, we are but a type of animal.. all animals have a soul. Man's claim to be the only animal with a soul is just hubris.

Really? why do you think all animals have a soul?

Why wouldn't they? They are just as much of God's creatures as we are.

Yeah, that lion in Africa was killed...and the left is in mourning like a human was killed. I am sorry the lion was killed as well, I love animals a lot...even liberals.......but the mourning for the lion, vs. the silence on the killings at planned unparenthood are revealing...so a poll......

Please, for the purpose of this poll, state your political leanings.....if you dare...

I am a modern American Conservative.....
Why did you post such an utterly stupid thread???...oh yeah, you already said you were a conservative.

I am totally against any sort of trophy hunting. I have no issue hunting for meat. I don't feel sorry for the dentist exactly but he is getting rather unfairly attacked - the blame belongs as much if not more to the guides responsible for luring the lion out of the park.

Other than that - I feel more sorry for the lion's death as I do for the blastocyst flushed out of a woman's body during a chemical abortion. It's hard to feel sorry for something that has no awareness, feels no pain, and only exists. The lion is aware of what is happening, is thinking and sentient, and feels the pain and comprehends fear. It was a trusting soul.

Politically I'm a liberal.

Thanks for putting down your affilitation.....

Yeah, that lion in Africa was killed...and the left is in mourning like a human was killed. I am sorry the lion was killed as well, I love animals a lot...even liberals.......but the mourning for the lion, vs. the silence on the killings at planned unparenthood are revealing...so a poll......

Please, for the purpose of this poll, state your political leanings.....if you dare...

Why did you post such an utterly stupid thread???...oh yeah, you already said you were a conservative.

Let me guess...you are a lefty........

Let me guess...no let me state...you are stupid.

I am confused as to how these two are related. On the one hand, the killing of the lion was a pretty disgusting act. I say that as a hunter. On the other hand, Planned Parenthood provides a number of services, and only one of those is objectionable to some people. They do a lot of good for women who would be forced to do without if not for them (mainly for financial reasons).

Sorry, this isn't the 19th century...any hospital or medical practice or county health dept. could do what they do.....and they already get tax money for regular services........

Could? Sure.
Do they? No.

But if you want to dismiss 400,000 PAP smears, 500,000 breast exams, and 4.5 million STI tests and treatments, you are free to do so. But comparing it to a rich guy paying to have an old lion lured out of sanctuary so he could be shot over bait seems a bit of a stretch.

I am confused as to how these two are related. On the one hand, the killing of the lion was a pretty disgusting act. I say that as a hunter. On the other hand, Planned Parenthood provides a number of services, and only one of those is objectionable to some people. They do a lot of good for women who would be forced to do without if not for them (mainly for financial reasons).

Sorry, this isn't the 19th century...any hospital or medical practice or county health dept. could do what they do.....and they already get tax money for regular services........

Could? Sure.
Do they? No.

But if you want to dismiss 400,000 PAP smears, 500,000 breast exams, and 4.5 million STI tests and treatments, you are free to do so. But comparing it to a rich guy paying to have an old lion lured out of sanctuary so he could be shot over bait seems a bit of a stretch.

They are killiing babies and selling their organs for money. The guy killed a lion...sad, and unecessary....but killing babies for money trumps that....

Wow...what a witty retort.......are you going to throw your poo now......

Could? Sure.
Do they? No.

I am pointing out that the very people mourning the death of this lion.....look the other way when these babies are murdered. We aren't talking about a glob of cells.....we are talking about small human beings with arms, legs and internal organs that apparently are being harvested for profit.........

Well, the Lion has no soul.

But, the Babies are in heaven... but, they had a right to live.....

Humans will always take precedence over animals.
nothing or more annoying that $ being spent on animals.
You're wrong, we are but a type of animal.. all animals have a soul. Man's claim to be the only animal with a soul is just hubris.

Really? why do you think all animals have a soul?
Because I've had extremely intelligent pets that have expressed their feelings on numerous occasions. They show love, happiness, sadness... They even show superior intelligence, as compared to some humans.

Exactly right RKMBrown!

.....and I am NOT a liberal.

Last edited:

Wow...what a witty retort.......are you going to throw your poo now......
wasn't meant to witty only accurate to which you have only recently proved...

Could? Sure.
Do they? No.

When does a baby feel pain...what week in developmet?

When does a baby move it's limbs?

Hmmmm...does a blastocyst move limbs....or have a sense of touch........

Fetal Brain and Nervous System What To Expect

Other movements follow quickly, with your fetus wiggling his developing limbs at around 8 weeks. By the end of the first trimester, your baby-to-be has garnered quite a repertoire of motion, though you won’t be able to feel any of it quite yet. And at about the same time as baby first wiggles his limbs, he begins to develop the sense of touch.

Last edited:

Could? Sure.
Do they? No.

They are killiing babies and selling their organs for money. The guy killed a lion...sad, and unecessary....but killing babies for money trumps that....

Just because more people died does not make it bigger news.

LOL! In the other thread you were lying about what Catholics do and here you are actually lying about what it says in the bible. I think a dog is going to get into heaven much quicker than you. Dogs don't lie.

It's all truth! :)

But I guess if you keep typing "lies" you think you'll believe it (or maybe others...)

Ravi - I'm starting to love you too :)
I'm not the only one that sees your lies.

well unfortunately for you (or others) they are NOT lies.. but one day, you'll know the Truth.
Hopefully before you die.......
Here's your latest lie:

"Animals do not have immortal souls (Eccl 3:21)"

The bible and particularly that verse says nothing of the sort.
I'm guessing she was led astray there... Her text was probably a cut and paste from some web site.
Not sure if that is better than lying.

I don't like your idea of comparing the killing of babies to the killing of animals for trophies. Two different issues. You might as well be asking for people to vote for one of death sentences or trophies. Different issues.

Again you are right! :thup:

Could? Sure.
Do they? No.

I am pointing out that the very people mourning the death of this lion.....look the other way when these babies are murdered. We aren't talking about a glob of cells.....we are talking about small human beings with arms, legs and internal organs that apparently are being harvested for profit.........

And those people obviously believe that a woman should not be forced to give birth to the child. Most abortions happen in the 1st trimester, and often when it IS just a blob of cells.

That you feel so strongly about abortion does not mean other people do. This is the crux of your problem.

Liberals are more concerned with Cecil and that bakers bake gay cakes, than they are with baby parts being harvested.

LOL! In the other thread you were lying about what Catholics do and here you are actually lying about what it says in the bible. I think a dog is going to get into heaven much quicker than you. Dogs don't lie.

It's all truth! :)

But I guess if you keep typing "lies" you think you'll believe it (or maybe others...)

Ravi - I'm starting to love you too :)
I'm not the only one that sees your lies.

well unfortunately for you (or others) they are NOT lies.. but one day, you'll know the Truth.
Hopefully before you die.......
Here's your latest lie:

"Animals do not have immortal souls (Eccl 3:21)"

The bible and particularly that verse says nothing of the sort.

Not a lie. A scriptural interpretation.

Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward?.... There is indeed a difference between a man and a beast; though they have one breath, they have not one spirit or soul; man has a rational and immortal soul, which, when he dies, goes upwards to God that gave it; to be judged by him, and disposed of by him, in its proper apartment, until the day of the resurrection of the body;
and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth? when the beast dies, its spirit goes down to the earth, from whence it came, and is resolved into it, and is no more
Like someone else posted, animals don't sin, so don't need judging.

Scriptural interpretation is self righteous twaddle.

Forum List

Back