Listen: In audio recording, Trump heard discussing sensitive Iran document

First, you guys claim that a president can't declassify documents and now you are saying you have an audio recording of Trump claiming he didn't declassify this particular document. In other words, you are now admitting that a president can declassify documents.

Second, Trump isn't the one who told the world what this classified document pertained to, it was you lefties. So, apparently, it wasn't such a national security threat if it was you lefties who told the world what it was about. If it was a security threat then you lefties should be charged, not Trump. He's not the one who made it available to the public.
General Mark Hertling:

Having read the indictment (4x's now), the amount & type of classified information Trump took, hid, did not secure, and refused to give back is, IMHO, gobsmacking. Many analysts have called them "war plans." I doubt any documents fit into that specific contingency category.

The documents were likely extremely detailed intelligence assessments, w/ potential foe (& friendly) capabilities & weaknesses & US capabilities we would not want anyone - especially foes - to know. Many have said, this isn't a document issue it's a national security issue.

I have seen intel agencies, military units, foreign service officers put sweat & blood into providing these documents, making sure they are accurate. All those individuals KNOW they must get it right, because their work, their assessments, are provided to key decision-makers.

Those who view these docs - the President, high-level military leaders, State Dept officials & others - use these assessments for critical decision making. FOR our citizens, FOR our country. One phrase in the indictment struck me like a bullet. Trump saying: "my boxes."

None of these are "personal papers." These documents provide information/intelligence - gathered through the use of US capabilities, put together by really smart, dedicated, patriotic individuals - to be used by US officials to defend against all enemies, foreign & domestic.

Strategic leaders see and use these documents when they are in a position to serve the American people. They don't get to keep them, or review them, or show them around, or not keep them secure, when they are no longer in the position.

As a military leader in command of different organizations, I "used" each kind of the type of documents found in the trove at MAL. Each kind: Secret, Top Secret, TS-SCI, TS-HCI, NOFORM, TK, even the kinds of ones that were "redactted" (mostly likely various code word).

I was ONLY allowed to see them because they helped me make better decisions, plans, or conduct more effective operations. When I left the military or a specific job, I was "read out" of the clearance. That's what happens to everyone, including the President.

Yes, the President has declassification authority. But that requires a process that then protects a LOT of people. Anyone who says otherwise is a moron. And anyone who says someone can do it after leaving their leadership role is even more moronic.

There's a reason I reacted viscerally to the "my papers" statement. To claim they are "his" - as if they've been given to him for personal use or vanity just like the WWE belt, the NY Post clippings, or any other trinket or memento found in these boxes - is horrid.

Yes, military & intel officials are pissed. They know the power of these documents that were treated cavalierly. All Americans should be equally pissed. But it seems many are not because of how some in government are treating this case. We need to treat this seriously.

I’m sure that will play well with the Jury. Sure I said it. On several occasions. But I didn’t mean it. What I meant was. Um. Hold on. I meant to say that it was declassified. Or something.
What jury is that? There is no jury.

There’s a process for everyone not elected to office of the President dum dum. Who signs EOs?

Still false. Again, quoting Trump... "...and as part of the iterative process of the declassification review..."

Still false. Again, quoting Trump... "...and as part of the iterative process of the declassification review..."
One he doesn't HAVE to follow as he's the ultimate decision maker in the process. What everyone else has to say on the matter of whether something should or shouldn't be declassified is irrelevant if the President just decides it is. Everyone else doesn't get a say. They make recommendations the President makes decisions.

I do love how Trump is both the dumbest person on the planet and an expert on all things depending on whether what he's saying aligns with what you think...

You said no one ever said a President couldn't unilaterally declassify things which is wildly untrue. Im not going to go back and find it but I'd be willing you bet YOU said it. I wasnt addressing any of the other things you want to now deflect to.
Why you want to discuss DOES NOT MATTER.
What you DON’T want to discuss are the “other things” that this thread is about.

The deflection is yours

To no surprise, there are a couple of funny parts here.

First, that "writer" lady is kissing his butt just as hard as she can. Obviously MAGA media.

Second, at the end, the buffoon says, "hey, bring in some Cokes". Junk food all the way. I'm surprised he didn't ask for McDonald's and donuts.

:laugh:

This was my favorite part ... "We looked at some. This was him. This wasn't done by me, this was him. All sorts of stuff. Pages long, look. Wait a minute, let's see here. [papers shuffling] I just found - isn't that amazing? This totally wins my case, you know. Except it is like, highly confidential - secret. This is secret information. Look, look at this..."

Well, here it is. The audio recording of Trump showing a classified defense document to a couple giggling staff members who have no security clearance.

The recording, made at a meeting at Trump’s golf course in Bedminster, N.J., is an important piece of evidence obtained by special counsel Jack Smith. It appears to undercut Trump’s claims that he had declassified the documents before leaving office or didn’t know about possessing restricted documents after leaving the White House.
If Canon screws up in Florida, Smith will move the case to NJ. trump is SO SCREWED!

One he doesn't HAVE to follow as he's the ultimate decision maker in the process. What everyone else has to say on the matter of whether something should or shouldn't be declassified is irrelevant if the President just decides it is. Everyone else doesn't get a say. They make recommendations the President makes decisions.

I do love how Trump is both the dumbest person on the planet and an expert on all things depending on whether what he's saying aligns with what you think...

Utterly untrue. The president can't just think a document is declassified and therefore, it is. There is a process, culminating with marking up a classified document, or portions of it, as unclassified. If that never happens and the president dies, is such a document classified or unclassified?

And I never said Trump is the dumbest person on the planet. You made that up too.

Well, here it is. The audio recording of Trump showing a classified defense document to a couple giggling staff members who have no security clearance.

The recording, made at a meeting at Trump’s golf course in Bedminster, N.J., is an important piece of evidence obtained by special counsel Jack Smith. It appears to undercut Trump’s claims that he had declassified the documents before leaving office or didn’t know about possessing restricted documents after leaving the White House.

Utterly untrue. The president can't just think a document is declassified and therefore, it is. There is a process, culminating with marking up a classified document, or portions of it, as unclassified. If that never happens and the president dies, is such a document classified or unclassified?

And I never said Trump is the dumbest person on the planet. You made that up too.
No point in arguing that. It’s a distraction and Trump just made that argument moot

This was my favorite part ... "We looked at some. This was him. This wasn't done by me, this was him. All sorts of stuff. Pages long, look. Wait a minute, let's see here. [papers shuffling] I just found - isn't that amazing? This totally wins my case, you know. Except it is like, highly confidential - secret. This is secret information. Look, look at this..."
This is the case that will put trump in jail. I know the DOJ said that a sitting president cannot be indicted. But he HAS been indicted as a citizen. He will be indicted several more times before the end of the year.

AND THE REPUBS JUST GOBBLE THEM SOME trump UP!
13Goldberg-articleLarge.jpg

If cnn doesn't have copies of them, there is no proof. So a nothing burger.

LOL

Your desperation is noted and laughed at. Meanwhile, we have Trump's own words...

• This totally wins my case, you know. Except it is like, highly confidential - secret. This is secret information. Look, look at this...
  • Look. [papers shuffling] This was him. They presented me this- this is off the record, but they presented me this.
  • Pages long, look. Wait a minute, let's see here. [papers shuffling]
  • I was just thinking, because we were talking about it. And you know, he said, 'He wanted to attack Iran, and what...,' These are the papers.
  • [staffer: "we'll have to see. Yeah, we'll have to try to..."] Declassify it. See as president I could have declassified it. Now I can’t, you know, but this is still a secret.

Forum List

Back