Live Stream: RIOT WATCH - St Louis, MO ...

Shoot those assholes! Kill them all! Fuck em!
^^^^^^^^ Sonny Clark aka dark furys lover.
So friggin childish and silly. Grow the fuck up punk.
To be 30 something years old, you talk like you're still 7 years old.

.......................... damn ......................... some friggin people. .......................................... it must be something in the water ............................... wow
your lovers the one that says he wants protesters shot bro.

own it.
Cut the childish bullshit G.T.. Try talking as an adult for a change.
The school yard teasing and remarks are for children.
Don't keep embarrassing yourself with such silly comments.
Sonny Sonny Sonny. Your arguing with a FZ nigga. He is ignorant just like a dumb fucking animal. You need to deal with these dumb ass fz niggaz different. Now me I look at it like deer hunting. Just set up a thread and put out a salt block and kick back in your tree stand. When one of the fz niggaz comes out of the trees to the open field just bust em.

Now I'm telling you as a friend these fz niggaz are a special kind of stupid. In the animal world they are like armadillos on the highway. By attitude alone they are niggaz. And it's time to start treating them like what they are.

Fury
I try to reason with them, but fail at every turn. They just don't seen interested in anything except mud slinging, childish taunting, and accusing people of shit without anything solid to base it on. I've been trying for hours to get them to see that their bullshit is full of holes, and can easily be debunk. When they run out of twists and turns to their lies and baseless accusations, they quickly turn the conversation to something else. Honestly speaking, I've dealt with children that are easier to get a point across to. At least children can understand something after the fourth or fifth time you explain something to them.

These idiots only know shit stirring and silly games, that's it, nothing else. You should go read the conversations that I've had with them today, especially the conversation with G.T.. That asshole has shit for brains.

Aww any ol' reason is good enuf it seems.

Yes, as it should be. Jaywalking, speeding, fraud, rape, murder.... they're all crimes and all shoild be punishable by death.

Ever seen the TV program Dinosaurs? The one episode I remember is when the grandma that Earl hated was going to be thrown over a cliff, and he was really looking forward to getting rid of her.

I think they were onto something. Find you a nice cliff and we can punish you to death for being old.

Yes, I understand this.

The question here is, why do black people commit more crimes?

Could it be that black people are more likely to be in poverty? Depending on who you listen to, it could be anywhere between like 20% and 30% of black people in poverty. But you have different levels of poverty, and you different levels of social issues, mostly inner city areas are more likely to produce criminals, and black people often live in large cities and they live in the poorer parts.

Detroit is the city (well things have changed quickly there, but based on these statistics) with the highest level of black population. It has 84.3% black population. Also Detroit has lost lots of industry. There are problems in the US with other places attracting businesses and getting tax breaks, and often it's going to hurt those people who are most in poverty.

Other larger cities with large black populations are the inner city places, Birmingham AL, Baltimore, etc etc.

Some people will say that it's blacks that have made these places bad, others might say that it's other reasons. The further you go back the more you see the problems, white people have been controlling things for so long, and black people have ended up with the menial jobs, and been kicked around by white people and made to feel like there's no hope. If two people went from a job in many places, who'd get the job? The white guy. So, these lack of hope can't have helped either. Everyone can make it in the US, but some people have to struggle against unfair bias far more and get frustrated and turn to crime in order to actually make it.
I don't buy it.

There are desperately poor areas in Appalachia and in various places in rural America. But we never see white people behaving the way blacks do: rioting, looting, whining, burning cars and buildings, destroying businesses, etc, etc. And you don't see them making excuses and blaming the whole world for their problems and struggles, either. There is much more at work here. It's a cultural problem as much as a poverty problem, imo.

The one thing that is crystal clear, is that making never-ending excuses for failure and lack of effort does not help.

You don't buy it? Does this mean it isn't true?

Like I said, inner city areas are more likely to end up with people committing crime.

White people probably know that they're at the bottom of the pile because of their own efforts. Black people might not see things like this. They might see racial prejudice as the reason for their position in society, regardless of whether this is true or not. And therefore they believe things are hopeless. Being in inner cities makes people's lives less personal, so they're more likely to commit crime because they don't have the fear of annoying their neighbors, or even being caught by the police.

This isn't necessarily about excuses. This is about seeing what's out there in the world.

The biggest problem is the US govt and many state govts don't want to solve societies issues, and that's the reason why the US has far more problems than Europe. However the right like to make things simple, by just blaming race.

The problem is that the Americas are the crime capital of the world, not Africa. Many countries in Africa have lower crimes rates than the USA, so is it just black people who are the problem? What about Honduras? Is that to blame on the black people too? No, there are hardly any there.
frigidweirdo said:
You don’t buy it? Does this mean it isn’t true?

Of course not, but I have a choice about what I believe. I was raised in an inner city and spent decades there, so my opinions are based on personal experience, not wishful thinking.

frigidweirdo said:
Like I said, inner city areas are more likely to end up with people committing crime.

Yes, like Baltimore, Detroit, New Orleans, etc, etc., all cities with large black populations in their inner cities? Yeah, I’d agree with that.

frigidweirdo said:
This isn’t necessarily about excuses. This is about seeing what’s out there in the world.

No, it’s not about “seeing what’s out there.” It’s about seeing what we choose to see “out there.”

frigidweirdo said:
White people probably know that they’re at the bottom of the pile because of their own efforts. Black people might not see things like this. They might see racial prejudice as the reason for their position in society, regardless of whether this is true or not. And therefore they believe things are hopeless. Being in inner cities makes people’s lives less personal, so they’re more likely to commit crime because they don’t have the fear of annoying their neighbors, or even being caught by the police.

If black people believe things are hopeless, then that will be true, for them. No one can make them believe in themselves, or in the value of getting an education, or in the value of hard work and thrift. These beliefs are either a part of a culture, or they are not. No one can change that but the people in question. That’s why I said most of the problems are cultural. That’s not to say there are not other issues involved. But if the cultural aspect is not addressed things will never improve, imo. And, only blacks can address their own cultural problems.

frigidweirdo said:
The biggest problem is the US govt and many state govts don’t want to solve societies issues, and that’s the reason why the US has far more problems than Europe. However the right like to make things simple, by just blaming race.

What “issues” is government supposed to solve. It IS NOT the business of government to do for people what they are NOT willing to do for themselves. And this has nothing to do with Europe.

frigidweirdo said:
The problem is that the Americas are the crime capital of the world, not Africa. Many countries in Africa have lower crimes rates than the USA, so is it just black people who are the problem? What about Honduras? Is that to blame on the black people too? No, there are hardly any there.

Blacks are thirteen percent of the population yet they commit an astronomical number of violent crimes (rape and murder, for instance) given the relative size of their population. I’m not an expert in crime statistics so I won’t get into a pissing contest with you about crime in Africa, or America. I couldn’t care less about Africa’s crime rates, or anything else for that matter.

But blacks DO commit loads of crime here, especially in the inner cities. But rather than make more excuses for their behavior, we should consider one huge factor that is always overlooked: the decision to commit a crime is a personal choice. IT IS A CHOICE. No one makes blacks loot and riot. No one make them gather together a mob and run through a mall stealing everything they can carry and attacking innocent people along the way. These are choices these people make for themselves. And they deserve to be sent to prison if they make those choices.

And here's one more thing that’s very interesting. Why is it that so many people immigrate here with nothing but the clothes on their backs, often not speaking English, having no friends, etc., yet through sheer hard work and determination THEY manage to carve out a life for themselves, earn a living, and succeed in modest, and sometimes huge ways. I’ve seen this over and over, with my own eyes, done by people I have known. One thing I’ve never heard these people do, is whine and moan, and blame everyone and everything for their own problems. These immigrants, legal and illegal, were far too busy working their asses off to complain and whine. And they had a secret weapon, too: a huge desire to work hard and improve their lives. They didn’t expect anyone to do anything for them. It’s a cultural thing.

Yes, you have a choice of what you want to believe. Now, do you want to "believe" or do you want to try and figure out the truth? That's really your choice. Most people go with believing because it's easier on the brain, it fits in with their agendas and they're happier.

Yes, if black people believe things are hopeless, then this is what it will be. The problem here is that other people can make this happen too. And we know it's been happening for a long time. Slavery kept black people "in their place", segregation also kept them "in their place". But what happened after this was often more subtle, but nonetheless it happened. Black people were refused jobs, black people were never shown houses in certain areas, black people would be in areas with less money being spent on them, spent on schools, and over time this has manifested itself into what exists today.

"What “issues” is government supposed to solve. It IS NOT the business of government to do for people what they are NOT willing to do for themselves. And this has nothing to do with Europe."

This statement just sums up everything that is wrong with the USA. The voters have been told to think in a certain manner and then they believe it, and the perpetuate the problems because they don't see any problem in these politicians doing nothing. This is one of the reasons why the US is imploding.

What issues is the govt supposed to solve? Social issues, making society a better place. Do you know why you wave flags and sing the national anthem. It's for social cohesion. But it didn't work that well. It keeps the peace to a certain extent, but that's falling apart as some black people see themselves as different, different because they're being treated differently.

As for it has nothing to do with Europe, I didn't say it had anything to do with Europe, what I did say was that if you look to Europe, the place that has the most first world countries, you'll see things working differently and you'll see less problems.

How do you solve problems without looking at those places that solve problems? Oh, right, you don't care because it's not the govt's job to do anything. They're just there to facilitate the rich getting richer and everyone else can fester in a pool of shit.

Okay, blacks are 13% of the country's population. Facts are facts, but you have to understand facts to understand what's going on.

For example in London they have statistics per borough, and I've looked at those statistics, a city where black people do worse than white people. However I found the crime went hand in hand with poverty in the city (it's easier to focus just on a city because poverty outside of cities manifests itself differently).

Now, the problem here is the lack of statistics. You're choosing to believe. I'm searching for the truth. I don't know everything about this topic, simply because I struggle to find the facts.

But when black people suffer around 25% poverty rates and white people suffer 7% poverty rates, and then you wonder why black people commit more crimes than white white people per capita.

Now, the biggest problem here is that black people commit MORE crimes per capita even when taking into account the poverty rate. Which begs the question WHY?

Well, the first problem is that two people in poverty might be earning very different amounts of money.
The second is that two people in poverty might be living in very different areas.

Many people born into inner city areas are surrounded by drugs, gangs, etc. There is a big problem with single parent families, kids are joining gangs at a young age because their family is none existent, and the cycle of poverty goes around and around but getting worse every single time.

How would anyone solve this? Well there are ways, but as no one gives a fuck, then nothing happens. Only people do give a fuck, but they're often fighting a lone battle and the govt won't get involved.

Here's a related example from West Virginia. There's a British TV chef called Jamie Oliver, he went to the West Virginia to a high school to try and change the eating habits in schools. Now, politicians have come up with this nice chart about eating and said you need this and that in the food, and out pops pizza. What the fuck? They're feeding their kids shit food because it's cheap, and the kid will get fat from it.

At first the people were just like "we don't need no Brit to tell us how to do things", then after a while they realized it was actually probably better.

Then they were like "well, you have to prove it can work, before we'll implement it, but we won't let you implement it, until you've proven it can work", ah, the circle "fuck off" argument.

Food is an important part of life for kids, surprisingly. And in the US people can't even be bothered to work together to try and get kids eating properly in schools. Half the people say "get food out of schools, it's not the govt's place to give food to anyone at all, ever", the other half are like "it's my fucking right to feed my kids shit day in day out, and I want them to eat shit at school".

And then you wonder how the fuck a country could have got itself into such a bad mess. And you realize, no one gives a fuck.

It's not the govt's responsibility.
It's not the parent's responsibility.
It's not the school's responsibility.

No, we have rights so we don't have to be responsible for anything. We have power so we don't have to be responsible for anything.

Then you come along and ask we what problems there are to solve.

Fuck me, where do I start?
Well, we've taken this thread far off topic, and we're going in circles. So this will be my last response to you.

I believe blacks deserve a fair shake at housing, jobs, education, etc. BUT, that ONLY means that blacks should have the opportunity to WORK for those things — the same way everyone else has to do. Life does NOT owe you, or anyone else, a living.

It's time to stop rioting, whining, complaining, stealing, committing crimes, etc., and to start acting like men. Work for the things you want. Support your own kids. Go to school and be grateful for the opportunity to do so, instead of whining for "safe places" and talking about some fucking "microaggressions". Get rid of the thugs in your neighborhoods. Cops can't live there 24/7 and why would they. They're blamed for every stinking move they make. It's a wonder ANY cop will go into a black neighborhood given the problems that come with it.

And as I said, many of the problems are due to cultural issues. No one can fix these except black folks themselves. These include developing a strong work ethic, a sense of self-reliance and self-responsibility, pride in our behavior, morals, living by the Ten Commandments would help. Everyone knows these things. At least, they should. But, until these kinds of things are honestly dealt with, the black community will be stuck spinning its wheels. This is a heavy lift, and no one can do it for them. It is their choice. Period.

That is the usual course of events, circles, more circles and then some.

I would agree with you too. Black people deserve a fair share of things.

The problem is the US political system is not set up for a fair share of things. There are companies out there paying MINUS tax, there are others having money thrown at them in order to move into an area. All the while smaller businesses are taking the hit with full tax, and having to compete with those paying less tax.

The political system isn't fair. Trump got elected with less votes than Hillary, as did Bush. There are two political parties who are raking in the money from people like the Koch Brothers and Soros. The people are being advertised to like crazy, they buy Coca-Cola and McDonalds because they've been taken in through adverts, and in politics it's no different.

The US has lots of problems. The government isn't solving these problems, mainly because the govt is the problem in the first place and politicians go in and go on the take, rather than sorting things out.

Yes, I would agree that black people need to sort things out for themselves. But again, the problem is if black people want to get into politics, they go through the Republican, or more often than not, the Democrat Party, which to get elected can't just focus on black issues, can't focus just on what might change things for black people to do better. So nothing gets done, because the political system doesn't allow for it.

Change the system. Proportional Representation with the Presidential vote, and a run off. (Or split the presidency up into different departments and have lots of people in charge of the executive)

Have the House being voted on through proportional representation too, so there is more choice for people, more ideas, make it harder for big money to control everything, allow smaller parties to come through.

Capitalism is about smaller companies coming through with fresh new ideas and being able to change things easily. It's what makes capitalism work. But in politics it's like the NFL, so many franchises out to make money, no consequences for doing badly, in fact the contrary.

Without that fundamental change, nothing will change. Black people will continue to suffer a cycle of poverty, violence and crime, and the whole country suffers from this. The largest prison population in the world (or second, but Louisiana as a state has the largest in the world), the highest murder rate in the first world, lots and lots of problems and politicians who won't solve those problems.

Yes, everything goes around in circles and to me this is where it ends up EVERY TIME. The political system is fucked up and no one wants to change it.

And here's one more thing that’s very interesting. Why is it that so many people immigrate here with nothing but the clothes on their backs, often not speaking English, having no friends, etc., yet through sheer hard work and determination THEY manage to carve out a life for themselves, earn a living, and succeed in modest, and sometimes huge ways. I’ve seen this over and over, with my own eyes, done by people I have known. One thing I’ve never heard these people do, is whine and moan, and blame everyone and everything for their own problems. These immigrants, legal and illegal, were far too busy working their asses off to complain and whine. And they had a secret weapon, too: a huge desire to work hard and improve their lives. They didn’t expect anyone to do anything for them. It’s a cultural thing.

Yes, they do.

There problem here is attitude. The people who emigrate to the US believe they can make it.

The black people believe they'll be fucked over at ever step.

So, the issue here is, HOW DO YOU CHANGE SUCH AN ATTITUDE?

...This is just one issue among many which show people that the country isn't about them, that the hope isn't there. Immigrants don't know this shit yet.

Whatever you choose to believe will be true. For you.

The choice is yours. NO ONE can change your attitude, but you.

Everyone has to deal with attitude problems and believing in themselves. Welcome to the world of adults.

I'm not talking about what people choose to believe. I'm talking about trying to find the truth, which most people don't even bother with, it's just not convenient for them.

Ever seen the TV program Dinosaurs? The one episode I remember is when the grandma that Earl hated was going to be thrown over a cliff, and he was really looking forward to getting rid of her.

I think they were onto something. Find you a nice cliff and we can punish you to death for being old.

I have a vague memory of the episode you mention. Combine thst mentality with the Spartan concept of child inspection and we'd have an excellent stsrt to fixing this country.

People are tired of seeing people being shot to death in our police state.
People are tired of seeing drug dealers on our streets and trying to run over police officers.

Where is my sign, ALL LIVES MATTER when I need it?
The police should form a line and walk down the street and shoot everybody in that Street.
Sonny Clark ^^ your puppetmaster speaks.
GO FUCK YOURSELF CHICKEN SHIT PUNK.
YOU LYING ASS PILE OF DISGUSTING PUKE.

^^^^^^^^ Sonny Clark aka dark furys lover.

.......................... damn ......................... some friggin people. .......................................... it must be something in the water ............................... wow

own it.
Sonny Sonny Sonny. Your arguing with a FZ nigga. He is ignorant just like a dumb fucking animal. You need to deal with these dumb ass fz niggaz different. Now me I look at it like deer hunting. Just set up a thread and put out a salt block and kick back in your tree stand. When one of the fz niggaz comes out of the trees to the open field just bust em.

Now I'm telling you as a friend these fz niggaz are a special kind of stupid. In the animal world they are like armadillos on the highway. By attitude alone they are niggaz. And it's time to start treating them like what they are.

Fury
I try to reason with them, but fail at every turn. They just don't seen interested in anything except mud slinging, childish taunting, and accusing people of shit without anything solid to base it on. I've been trying for hours to get them to see that their bullshit is full of holes, and can easily be debunk. When they run out of twists and turns to their lies and baseless accusations, they quickly turn the conversation to something else. Honestly speaking, I've dealt with children that are easier to get a point across to. At least children can understand something after the fourth or fifth time you explain something to them.

These idiots only know shit stirring and silly games, that's it, nothing else. You should go read the conversations that I've had with them today, especially the conversation with G.T.. That asshole has shit for brains.
They are niggaz Sonny. And when a nigga goes feral is just like a dog going mad. Cyber treat them like Ol Yeller.

own it.

Fury

They are niggaz Sonny. And when a nigga goes feral is just like a dog going mad. Cyber treat them like Ol Yeller.
They're beyond hope. People like that are just plain garbage, disgusting trash.

own it.

Fury

says the guy responding to the guy who in real life wants cops to mow down protestors

youre losing it

Fury

says the guy responding to the guy who in real life wants cops to mow down protestors

youre losing it
GO FUCK YOURSELF CHICKEN SHIT PUNK.

own it.

Fury

Their just niggaz. The fz ain't nothing but one big nigga farm. And these niggaz is dumber then mules.
You got your basic lazy ass niggaz here and your inner city niggaz but they are niggaz.
Look what they have turned flame Friday back into. They look like a poor ass group of porch monkeys yelling shit from the porch.

Ain't no pride in what they do because their niggaz. They got no content because they are niggaz. I don't care what color or faith they are they ARE niggaz. They way the hell a long way from being good enough to call Negro's. Because they ain't. They niggaz.

I have a vague memory of the episode you mention. Combine thst mentality with the Spartan concept of child inspection and we'd have an excellent stsrt to fixing this country.

And such a mentality would mean you'd be no more. Turkeys voting for Christmas.

The problem is that the Americas are the crime capital of the world, not Africa.

No doubt the "brown" savages in Mexico and south from there are quite uncivilized. As far as Africa, are you insane? That is worse than the most violent Central or South American country.

South Africa which was actually a White area before Negroes arrived and was at one time one of the safest places on Earth for all races there. Now it is as unsafe as any area occupied by low IQ criminally inclined savages.

There is a crazy racist dude on this site that claims Blacks taught Whites twice about civilization. :p So insane. Funny but also sad. Being delusional is no way to go through life.

Last edited:
The problem is that the Americas are the crime capital of the world, not Africa.

No doubt the "brown" savages in Mexico and south from there are quite uncivilized. As far as Africa, are you insane? That is worse than the most violent Central or South American country.

South Africa which was actually a White area before Negroes arrived was at one time on of the safest places on Earth. Now it is as unsafe as any area occupied by low IQ criminally inclined savages.

There is a crazy racist dude on this site that claims Blacks taught Whites twice about civilization. :p So insane. Funny but also sad. Being delusional is no way to go through life.

Africa and the FZ are a lot alike.

Fury

Their just niggaz. The fz ain't nothing but one big nigga farm. And these niggaz is dumber then mules.
You got your basic lazy ass niggaz here and your inner city niggaz but they are niggaz.
Look what they have turned flame Friday back into. They look like a poor ass group of porch monkeys yelling shit from the porch.

Ain't no pride in what they do because their niggaz. They got no content because they are niggaz. I don't care what color or faith they are they ARE niggaz. They way the hell a long way from being good enough to call Negro's. Because they ain't. They niggaz.
That certainly appears to be the case.

Some are lower than that ........................................ just saying

OMG! They got scared of the noisy white ladies?

The right to protest ends where the equally valid and important rights of others begin. When that point is reached, it is no longer protest, but anarchy.
They walked through the mall. A few hundred people. And then they left. If that's anarchy, I'm the Queen of Sheba.

The merchants have the right to conduct business in an atmosphere conducive to it. That's why they pay rent and fees.
The merchants have the right to conduct business in an atmosphere conducive to it. That's why they pay rent and fees.

Come now. You live in the D.C. area, a place that is no stranger to protests. As long as the protest doesn't devolve into a riot, businesses generally profit. What do D.C. merchants do in advance of protests? They stock up on the wares they offer because folks come to protest also patronize businesses in the area where they protest and stay during the protest.

the-solidarity-day-march-in-washington-dc--september-19-1981.jpg

an-anti-vietnam-war-protest-in-washington-dc--november-15-1969.jpg

the-march-for-womens-lives-in-washington-dc--april-25-2004.jpg

the-million-man-march-in-washington-dc--october-16-1995.jpg

Quite simply, people don't show up in a place to protest, only protest and then leave. They come, they "bitch and moan," and they eat and shop.
Surely you've been in the city -- "Lawyers Lane," Adams Morgan, Dupont Circle, Georgetown, Penn and Mass Ave. business corridors on Capitol Hill, Chevy Chase, Cleveland Park, and Woodley Park -- when protests happen and observed the uptick in business? Having in my almost 60 years lived in various parts of city -- Forest Hills, Georgetown, West End and Kalorama -- I damn sure have.
  • One'd better have reservations or a restaurateur friend who'll offer one a table "in the kitchen" because most places are too busy for one to just walk in and be immediately seated.
  • Try hailing or calling for a cab or booking car service.
  • Go to a bar or club in the evening; it'll be packed to the gills.
Sadly, though the isolated bits of damage make it into the news, the boom in sales revenue does not, but one need only be present downtown to see that businesses thrive when protests come to town.

You're full of Sterno. Yes, I lived there too, in Georgetown at the height of the war protests. I was very likely at the protest in second pic, trolling for girls and weed. I never missed a one. Many of the businesses along the route were closed, and the streets blocked from traffic.

That said, your reasoning misses the point. The mall in St. Louis closed due to security concerns, and the merchants' rights were trampled.
The mall in St. Louis closed due to security concerns, and the merchants' rights were trampled.

Who made the decision to close the mall?

I was very likely at the protest in second pic, trolling for girls and weed....Many of the businesses along the route were closed, and the streets blocked from traffic.

That would be this one...That was the November 15, 1969 Anti-Vietnam War protest march. (There were two marches that I know of from that weekend. There was one on Friday the 14th from the Lincoln Memorial to the Pentagon. There are no businesses on that route.)

an-anti-vietnam-war-protest-in-washington-dc--november-15-1969.jpg

I was not anywhere near the federal part of the city for that protest. Relatives had come to town for it, but I and my siblings were middle schoolers, and my parents did let us go to the protest. (I remember Vietnam being talked about in school and seeing it on the news. I don't recall having any particularly strong views about it. I didn't have strong political views about anything until the Iran hostage crisis. [1])

Of the event was written the following:

On Nov. 15, 1969, the Vietnam Moratorium Committee staged what is believed to be the largest antiwar protest in United States history when as many as half a million people attended a mostly peaceful demonstration in Washington. Smaller demonstrations were held in a number of cities and towns across the country.

The rally featured speeches by antiwar politicians, including Eugene McCarthy, George McGovern and Charles Goodell, the only Republican to take part. It also included musical performances by Peter, Paul and Mary, Arlo Guthrie and Pete Seeger, who led the crowd in the singing of John Lennon’s “Give Peace a Chance.”

The New York Times described the crowd as “predominantly youthful” and “mass gathering of the moderate and radical Left … old-style liberals; Communists and pacifists and a sprinkling of the violent New Left.”

Though a small section of the crowd began protesting violently near the end of the demonstration, the day was mainly peaceful; “The predominant event of the day was that of a great and peaceful army of dissent moving through the city,” The Times reported.​

How many businesses were there on Penn. Ave in 1969 and that would have been open that Saturday? The street had, since the 1950s, long been quite decrepit and retail commerce there nearly nonexistent. The old Willard had the year before closed.

Present -- Pennsylvania Ave, NW (the diagonal street on the left of the photo -- FBI HQ is the tan building in the middle of the left side of Penn Ave.)

Federal_Triangle_-_facing_east.jpg

The important thing to note from photos of 1960s era Penn Ave. is that it wasn't a retail commerce district. The buildings there housed government offices (there was nothing on the south side of the street other than government buildings -- other than the Old Post Office building, it's that way even now) and, because the area was pretty run down thus rent inexpensive, non-profit organization offices. There were "breakfast and lunch" operations -- diners and "greasy spoons" -- a fair quantity of them weren't open on the weekends as their customers were the people who worked in the area. The retail commerce was a few blocks north on F, G and H Sts. from 7th to 15th Street -- Garfinkel's, Raleigh's, Kann's, Woodward & Lothrop, Hechts, and Lansburgh's were the "big draws."

1960 -- Penn Ave.

DCSTREAMLINETROLELY2.jpg

1960 Kennedy Inaugural Parade

JFKWHP-AR6280-T2.jpg

January 1969

upload_2017-9-17_0-50-24.png

1965 -- Johnson Inaugural Parade

8365446008_55ec77ef84.jpg

1979 -- Penn Ave Development Corp had gotten its legs and rejuvenation was underway, but nowhere near in full swing or close to done. (The FBI HQ is in the bottom right of the photo below and the Treasury Building is at the far end of Penn.

12th+Street+and+Pennsylvania+Avenue+NW+%28DC+Preservation+League+2.jpg

The point of the photos above is this. I could take your word for businesses closing on the day of the Nov. Anti Vietnam War protest. The thing is there weren't enough businesses there and thriving for whether they closed or didn't to be a relevant factor, even as a matter of comparison or amplification, in this discussion.

Plain and simple as I originally remarked: when protesters arrive in a town, they spend money, lots of it, with the businesses in the town where the protests occur. That any or all of the businesses on a protest march route do or don't close is of negligible consequence when considered in the overall scheme of the boost in sales revenue within the area. With very few exceptions, every local bar and restaurant, local drug store, local liquor store, convenience store, department and specialty store, souvenir shop, book store, gas station, taxi cab, sees varying degrees of upticks in sales as a result of the protesters' presence.

Note:
  1. What was my position on that? I thought the POTUS should have handwritten sympathy notes to the families of every hostage and upon signing and putting stamps on the last of them and mailing them, give the order to bomb the embassy and everyone in it to oblivion, whereafter he'd also have released an official statement to effect of:

"Though the U.S. does not relish the sacrifice of its citizens, that such a sacrifice may have to be made is part and parcel of taking a job in the foreign service. While terrorist groups may opt to taunt the U.S. and use violence to figuratively hold the U.S. hostage, know from our action in Iran that doing so is suicidal, for the U.S. will not be cowed into submission by terrorists who mistake our preference for 'soft talk' as indicative of unwillingness to use our 'big stick' when necessary."

these blacks are being shot for being resisting/attacking criminals--in self defense
what don't you and these protesters understand about that?
they are not being shot because they are black
We saw the vids, asshole. Stop lying on the dead.

South Africa which was actually a White area before Negroes arrived and was at one time one of the safest places on Earth for all races there. Now it is as unsafe as any area occupied by low IQ criminally inclined savages.

No, I'm insane. In fact I'm informed. Not only informed because I've actually been there, but informed because I can be bothered to look at the statistics.

Only one city outside of the Americans makes it into the top 40 murder capitals of the world. That's Cape Town, which surprised me because Johannesburg seems much more scary than Cape Town, but the center of Cape Town is safe, outside less so.

The Americas murder rate average is 16.3, the African murder rate is 12.5, the world is 6.2.

African countries with a murder rate lower than the US.

Madagascar 0.62
Burundi 4.03
Malawi 1.78
Mauritius 2.71
Mozambique 3.39
Seychelles 2.15
Equatorial Guinea 3.21
Sao Tome and Principe 3.44
Burkina Faso 0.71
Ghana 1.70
Liberia 3.22
Sierra Leone 1.92
Niger 4.47

I missed out Northern Africa, all countries have a lower murder rate than the US. I've been to Mozambique, and yes, it's safe, you have troops on the streets with AK-47s. The police are the biggest threat in the Capital, go outside of the city and it's quite safe.

For 56 countries in Africa 19 have a murder rate lower than the US's

In the Americas you have Aruba, Cuba, Martinique, Canada and Chile as the only countries with murder rates lower than the US's.

Top 5 countries in the world for murder are in the Americans. Weirdly Lesotho is the top one outside of the Americas and I thought it was actually quite safe, I was going around on Combis all over the place, walking around the capital without any problems, any threats etc.

The top 18, 16 are in the Americas.

These are the facts.

Forum List

Back