LMFAO -Alan Grayson claims AR-15s can fire ‘700 rounds in a minute’ after Orlando attack

You do however have to add a slide-fire stock. Some people call them a "bump-fire" stock.
Anyway, the AR-15 doesn't come with one of these stocks, a person would need to purchase one extra.

The gun it's self is capable of that. That has nothing to do with the shooter's ability to use the gun's capability. Think of it in terms of a race car. A regular driver can't get around the track nearly as fast as a nascar driver in the same car. That doesn't mean the car isn't capable of it.
Get your head out of your ass dip shit, an ar15 is not military grade therefore it will not perform like military grade weapons.
Fuck youre as stupid as a bag of hammers you fucking retard… LOL

That's still not an answer. Other than the modifications made to prevent automatic fire, what changes were made?
A Shit load of precise machining... Shit for brains

FROM YOUR LINK

ArmaLite / Colt AR-15 Select-Fire Automatic Rifle (1958)

that is not the same as the ar-15 on the market today

either you are ignorant or deceptive which is it

Yes, that was the initial year of service, but if you read the line right below the title

"Continuation of the ArmaLite / Colt AR-15 Select-Fire Automatic Rifle development period and operational history."

You will see that the article covers the history of it and the changes it went through.

FROM YOUR LINK

Yes, that was the initial year of service, but if you read the line right below the title

"Continuation of the ArmaLite / Colt AR-15 Select-Fire Automatic Rifle development period and operational history."

You will see that the article covers the history of it and the changes it went through.

you can not buy a current SELECT FIRE ar-15 legally

FROM YOUR LINK

Other than modifications made to prevent automatic fire, nobody has yet been able to say what is different between the two. I've looked at prints for both. Those are the only modifications made, and none of them reduce the time required for the gun to chamber the next shell and be ready for the next firing. The gun is capable of the same rate. If you can't pull the trigger that fast, it's not the gun's fault.

[Q

No. It is not. The barrel of an AK-47 gets so hot after about two magazines, I burned my hand THROUGH a leather glove when I accidentally grabbed the barrel in the dark.

Two quick 30 rd mag dumps in a full auto M-16 will heat up the barrel pretty much.

I know some people have done it in a test but 23 straight magazines (which would take several minutes) would pretty much burn up a barrel and probably even melt the hand guard.

FROM YOUR LINK

Other than modifications made to prevent automatic fire, nobody has yet been able to say what is different between the two. I've looked at prints for both. Those are the only modifications made, and none of them reduce the time required for the gun to chamber the next shell and be ready for the next firing. The gun is capable of the same rate. If you can't pull the trigger that fast, it's not the gun's fault.

still you had been dishonest with your link

the original ar-15 was not a civilian model

the second paragraph makes that clear

the select fire and semi auto are two different firearms

[Q

No. It is not. The barrel of an AK-47 gets so hot after about two magazines, I burned my hand THROUGH a leather glove when I accidentally grabbed the barrel in the dark.

Two quick 30 rd mag dumps in a full auto M-16 will heat up the barrel pretty much.

I know some people have done it in a test but 23 straight magazines (which would take several minutes) would pretty much burn up a barrel and probably even melt the hand guard.

So why do the manufacturers use that number in their specks?

Tell me, how much damage can I do with a fully automatic weapon in a crowded nightclub in a minute? How many rounds can you go through in a minute?

Tell me....how much damage can you do to me with a full automatic weapon in a crowded night club in a minute if I am properly armed as I should be?

Answer: none

So every citizen's personal responsibility is to arm himself or herself whenever he or she goes out in public,

or accept the fact that if you're shot and killed, it's your fault?

FROM YOUR LINK

still you had been dishonest with your link

the original ar-15 was not a civilian model

the second paragraph makes that clear

the select fire and semi auto are two different firearms

Bump fire is not auto fire.

Tell me, how much damage can I do with a fully automatic weapon in a crowded nightclub in a minute? How many rounds can you go through in a minute?

Tell me....how much damage can you do to me with a full automatic weapon in a crowded night club in a minute if I am properly armed as I should be?

So every citizen's personal responsibility is to arm himself or herself whenever he or she goes out in public,

Bingo! That's exactly right. Took you liberals nearly 100 years to finally understand.

Bingo! That's exactly right. Took you liberals nearly 100 years to finally understand.

What a fruitcake idea.

What a fruitcake idea.

No....a "fruitcake idea" is walking around unarmed and expecting the police to protect you. Which can only be achieved by literally eliminating the U.S. Constitution and creating an oppressive nanny state. Is that what you want?

The police can only act after a crime has been committed stupid. Therefore, it is 100% on you to be armed and protect yourself.

What a fruitcake idea.

No....a "fruitcake idea" is walking around unarmed and expecting the police to protect you. Which can only be achieved by literally eliminating the U.S. Constitution and creating an oppressive nanny state. Is that what you want?

The police can only act after a crime has been committed stupid. Therefore, it is 100% on you to be armed and protect yourself.

Poor guy. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you to constantly live in so much fear.

[Q

So why do the manufacturers use that number in their specks?

They are just quoting a cycling rate.

If there was a continuous feed of ammo a full auto M-16 would cycle through 600-700 rds in a minute. The only way it would have continuous feed is if was belt fed. 700 rds in one minute would burn the barrel up. The temperature of the barrel would probably approach 900 F.

An AR-15 cycle rate is dependent upon how many times per minute someone can pull the trigger. There are some gimmick things out that that will mimic F-A fire but they are not very good.

The cycle rate is meaningless because the real rate is limited by magazine capacity. The standard mag is 30 rds. You buy some 100 rd drums but they are heavy and are prone to jam..

You do however have to add a slide-fire stock. Some people call them a "bump-fire" stock.
Anyway, the AR-15 doesn't come with one of these stocks, a person would need to purchase one extra.
All of which is legal, which is what Grayson was complaining about.

What a fruitcake idea.

Poor guy. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you to constantly live in so much fear.

That's literally as stupid as saying "poor guy....going to the grocery store every week to make sure he has food to eat. Can't imagine how hard it must be to live so paranoid and in constant fear of starving". :eusa_doh:

Genius....I don't live in the slightest ounce of fear. I don't have to. I'm armed. And I'm not a victim like the 50 people in Orlando. You have to breath. You have to eat. You have to be able to defend yourself. These are just the basics of life.

Forum List

Back