Local Pennsylvania bridal shop harassed and threatened by LGBT activist after turning away same sex

Again, I question the sincerity of their faith

To me, it is a way to harass same sex couples
They may pass a law saying you can marry......but see if you can find anyone to sell you a dress, a cake or rent you a reception hall

A difference of opinion on homosexuality is no indication that their faith is not sincere.
It is when that is the only area you object to in a marriage

Wrong. As wrong and as hypocritical as a Christian might be when it comes to how they view different sins, it doesn't mean that person does not sincerely believe in their heart that gay marriage is wrong.

Sincerity of faith is connected but not in the way you're thinking. A Christian that is less sincere in his/her faith would likely have no problem selling a wedding dress to a gay couple.

I follow my religion when it comes to marriage of gays but am willing to bend my faith when it comes to marriages of adulterers, divorced people, atheists, pregnant brides

The problem with this argument is, there's nothing in Christian doctrine forbidding adulterers, divorcees, atheists and pregnant brides to marry.
Catholics do not allow divorced people to remarry. Adulterers are guilty of mortal sin . Marriage is a sacrament from god.......atheists will raise atheist children......gays do not raise gay children

All this is true. But it doesn't change the fact that none of these are forbidden to marry.

Put another way, marriage does not exacerbate or further an adulterer's adultery. Neither does it exacerbate an atheist's atheism.

True. I also doubt adulterers announce the fact they are adulterers or ask for it to be written on their wedding cake.

Only twits believe that the law "violates the right of a Christian business owner and their belief that marriage is a male and female."

Anyone can believe that, and why not: that is a Constitutional right.

But in the public square the businessman has treat all fairly and squarely.

The way to get around it is not advertise publicly and go with word of mouth.
No one forfeits their Constitutional rights when they have a business. Your corrupt laws have overstepped the Constitution. The USSC will fix it.
Your corrupt thinking is kept from violating people's civil liberties in the public square. No one gives a phuc what you do at home.
Go to hell, pusillanimous pissant.
Ah.....giving up?

A difference of opinion on homosexuality is no indication that their faith is not sincere.

Wrong. As wrong and as hypocritical as a Christian might be when it comes to how they view different sins, it doesn't mean that person does not sincerely believe in their heart that gay marriage is wrong.

Sincerity of faith is connected but not in the way you're thinking. A Christian that is less sincere in his/her faith would likely have no problem selling a wedding dress to a gay couple.

I follow my religion when it comes to marriage of gays but am willing to bend my faith when it comes to marriages of adulterers, divorced people, atheists, pregnant brides

The problem with this argument is, there's nothing in Christian doctrine forbidding adulterers, divorcees, atheists and pregnant brides to marry.
Catholics do not allow divorced people to remarry. Adulterers are guilty of mortal sin . Marriage is a sacrament from god.......atheists will raise atheist children......gays do not raise gay children

All this is true. But it doesn't change the fact that none of these are forbidden to marry.

Put another way, marriage does not exacerbate or further an adulterer's adultery. Neither does it exacerbate an atheist's atheism.

True. I also doubt adulterers announce the fact they are adulterers or ask for it to be written on their wedding cake.
Feel free to show that gay couples want it written on their wedding cake.

But I AM curious...how many wedding cakes have you even seen with something written on them? I've been to many weddings and receptions....some beautiful cakes...with nothing written on any of them.

Do they sell certain kinds of sandwiches to one group but not another group? Keep in mind, if you knew about PA laws....it's all about refusing your services to a certain group listed in that state's PA laws. If you knew about PA laws....they never require a business to start making/serving something they normally don't serve to keep a group happy. If you knew PA laws.
Like the bakers, the deli sells the products they offer equally to everyone.
Right...but if the deli doesn't normally sell non-kosher....PA laws do not require them to sell non-kosher to any group. You'd know that if you were familiar with PA laws.
In their case, their religious beliefs trump state law.
Is that also the case if their religious beliefs trump state health laws? state safety laws?
In sanctuary cities only. It sure doesn't apply to the forced labor laws.
I will ask you again....does a business owner's religious beliefs trump health laws? safety laws?

Feel free to show that gay couples want it written on their wedding cake.

But I AM curious...how many wedding cakes have you even seen with something written on them? I've been to many weddings and receptions....some beautiful cakes...with nothing written on any of them.
I've seen some beautiful sandwiches without bacon.

Like the bakers, the deli sells the products they offer equally to everyone.
Right...but if the deli doesn't normally sell non-kosher....PA laws do not require them to sell non-kosher to any group. You'd know that if you were familiar with PA laws.
Is that also the case if their religious beliefs trump state health laws? state safety laws?
I will ask you again....does a business owner's religious beliefs trump health laws? safety laws?
Then the kosher deli will simply be forced to sell BLT's. Nothing wrong with that.

I’m not sure if this document has any clout, or of it’s not worth the paper it’s written on as it’s guidance from the AG (no comments on him personally please) that can maybe simply be ignored, but I found some useful interesting sections:

2. The free exercise of religion includes the right to act or abstain from action in accordance with one's religious beliefs.

The Free Exercise Clause protects not just the right to believe or the right to worship; it protects the right to perform or abstain from performing certain physical acts in accordance with one's beliefs. Federal statutes, including the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993 ("RFRA"), support that protection, broadly defining the exercise of religion to encompass all aspects of observance and practice, whether or not central to, or required by, a particular religious faith.

3. The freedom of religion extends to persons and organizations.

The Free Exercise Clause protects not just persons, but persons collectively exercising their religion through churches or other religious denominations, religious organizations, schools, private associations, and even businesses.

12. RFRA does not permit the federal government to second-guess the reasonableness of a religious belief.

RFRA applies to all sincerely held religious beliefs, whether or not central to, or mandated by, a particular religious organization or tradition. Religious adherents will often be required to draw lines in the application of their religious beliefs, and government is not competent to assess the reasonablenessofsuchlinesdrawn,
norwoulditbeappropriateforgovernmenttodoso. Thus, for example, a government agency may not second-guess the determination of a factory worker that, consistent with his religious precepts, he can work on a line producing steel that might someday make its way into armaments but cannot work on a line producing the armaments themselves. Nor may the Department of Health and Human Services second-guess the determination of a religious employer that providing contraceptive coverage to its employees would make the employer complicit in wrongdoing in violation of the organization's religious precepts.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-r...nload?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

Also, I believe that health workers in the US, for example nurses, are permitted to abstain from participating in procedures that they conscientiously object to, for example sex reassignment surgery, abortion etc.
Seems to open a can of worms

Must all laws be bent to accommodate religious beliefs. Where do you draw the line?
The Constitution.
Laws have priority over religious beliefs

Always have
Study your Constitution and study the part about religious beliefs and "free exercise thereof".

Freedom of religion under the Constitution to choose one's beliefs. This is supposed to protect citizens from the imposition by a government of a particular religion. This guarantee has failed badly given the imposition of another sect's religious beliefs in many states on people seeking abortions. The Fourteenth Amendment also guarantees each person the right to equal protection of the law, so the court in Obergefell was duty-bound to rule for LGBTs. Moreover, As with women, LGBTs have a right to be free from the imposition by the government on them of someone else's religious beliefs. They have their own.

Then the kosher deli will simply be forced to sell BLT's. Nothing wrong with that.
I'm sorry to hear that you still don't understand PA laws. If a kosher deli doesn't normally sell BLTs on their menu....PA laws do not require them to sell you one if you want one. Just like you can't complain that a furniture store won't sell you a BLT.

You really need to read a PA law sometime.....your examples are amusing, but they are certainly showing clearly that you have no idea what PA laws are for.

I would doubt that a kosher deli would stock any bacon. One cannot sell something that one doesn't stock. I think that we are talking about open stock or some dress that can be ordered through the store. There were dresses in that window display, already assembled and apparently ready for purchase.

This is what the hateful queers do. They find a Christian business owner, set them up as a target, then take them down. They demand that people leave them alone, but they can't leave others alone. They're hateful hypocritical trash.

Perhaps the "hateful queers" simply search advertising for the goods they wish to purchase. I know this is what I would do. How in the heck would anyone know from advertising that some shop owner is a member of one of those Christian sects that oppose "participating" in same-sex weddings? You can't turn this situation on its head. Did the members of these Christian sects ever include their membership and the restrictions imposed by this membership in their advertising? Why are you trying to blame this on LGBTs? They are not responsible for the situation; they were were simply shopping. How are they supposed to know about someone else's personal predilections?

Also, as the "Christian" (not ALL Christians, thank you!) bakeries argue, wedding cakes require their personal artistry. To what extent is personal artistry involved with the operations of this shop? Do the proprietors of this shop design and sew personalized gowns for each individual customer or do they merely sell pre-manufactured gowns?
This is the part where you play dumb, huh. The hateful queers knew the owners were Christians and they knew what would happen. That's why they were targeted. You can play dumb all you want, but this is what activists do to test new anti discrimination laws.

This is what the hateful queers do. They find a Christian business owner, set them up as a target, then take them down. They demand that people leave them alone, but they can't leave others alone. They're hateful hypocritical trash.

Perhaps the "hateful queers" simply search advertising for the goods they wish to purchase. I know this is what I would do. How in the heck would anyone know from advertising that some shop owner is a member of one of those Christian sects that oppose "participating" in same-sex weddings? You can't turn this situation on its head. Did the members of these Christian sects ever include their membership and the restrictions imposed by this membership in their advertising? Why are you trying to blame this on LGBTs? They are not responsible for the situation; they were were simply shopping. How are they supposed to know about someone else's personal predilections?

Also, as the "Christian" (not ALL Christians, thank you!) bakeries argue, wedding cakes require their personal artistry. To what extent is personal artistry involved with the operations of this shop? Do the proprietors of this shop design and sew personalized gowns for each individual customer or do they merely sell pre-manufactured gowns?
This is the part where you play dumb, huh. The hateful queers knew the owners were Christians and they knew what would happen. That's why they were targeted. You can play dumb all you want, but this is what activists do to test new anti discrimination laws.

From your language, you obviously are a member of one of these hateful "Christian" cults. I find your notion of "targeting" ridiculous. How would potential customers know of a shop-owner's specific beliefs? Do they include this in advertising? "We are members of a sect of the Christian faith that prohibits providing any materials or services for same-sex weddings." See this anywhere in advertising? Remember, all Christians are not the same when it comes to this issue.

Moreover, even sect members are required to follow the law. There is no reason for people who are not members of these sects, straight or LGBT, to mollycoddle them. You seem to expect the rest of us to obediently kow-tow to them. Sorry, we don't kick innocent people of any sexual orientation out of mainstream society just to accommodate the desires of some other group.
Of course you find the notion of targeting ridiculous. You think we're all stupid and don't understand what's really going on. The homo mafia and their tools in the media and legislatures drum up support and pass these anti discrimination laws, then target Christian businesses to test them. It's been the agenda for the last few years. These cases aren't just coincidences. You're like the cop in the movie Casablanca when told there was gambling going on in the back room....."I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you".

There is not such thing as a "homo mafia." There seems to be some sort of conspiracy between these so-called "Christian" organizations, though, and they definitely have an agenda. Look at organizations like "focus on the family," some of the southern baptist sects, perkins, frankie graham, jefress; organized, loud hate groups.

From your language, you obviously are a member of one of these hateful "Christian" cults. I find your notion of "targeting" ridiculous. How would potential customers know of a shop-owner's specific beliefs? Do they include this in advertising? "We are members of a sect of the Christian faith that prohibits providing any materials or services for same-sex weddings." See this anywhere in advertising? Remember, all Christians are not the same when it comes to this issue.

Moreover, even sect members are required to follow the law. There is no reason for people who are not members of these sects, straight or LGBT, to mollycoddle them. You seem to expect the rest of us to obediently kow-tow to them. Sorry, we don't kick innocent people of any sexual orientation out of mainstream society just to accommodate the desires of some other group.
Of course you find the notion of targeting ridiculous. You think we're all stupid and don't understand what's really going on. The homo mafia and their tools in the media and legislatures drum up support and pass these anti discrimination laws, then target Christian businesses to test them. It's been the agenda for the last few years. These cases aren't just coincidences. You're like the cop in the movie Casablanca when told there was gambling going on in the back room....."I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you".

There is not such thing as a "homo mafia." There seems to be some sort of conspiracy between these so-called "Christian" organizations, though, and they definitely have an agenda. Look at organizations like "focus on the family," some of the southern baptist sects, perkins, frankie graham, jefress; organized, loud hate groups.
I remember when Focus on the Family advocated that fathers shower with their sons and show them their...er...package....all as a way to keep them from turning gay.

I'm sorry to hear that you still don't understand PA laws. If a kosher deli doesn't normally sell BLTs on their menu....PA laws do not require them to sell you one if you want one. Just like you can't complain that a furniture store won't sell you a BLT.

You really need to read a PA law sometime.....your examples are amusing, but they are certainly showing clearly that you have no idea what PA laws are for.
Yet a Christian baker can be forced to sell something he doesn't normally sell. But not a Jewish deli owner. Sounds like those PA laws could use some updating.

I would doubt that a kosher deli would stock any bacon. One cannot sell something that one doesn't stock. I think that we are talking about open stock or some dress that can be ordered through the store. There were dresses in that window display, already assembled and apparently ready for purchase.
Yet one can be forced to labor or be heavily fined and/or imprisoned. Interesting take on forced labor, considering the recent Jewish past.

Yet a Christian baker can be forced to sell something he doesn't normally sell. But not a Jewish deli owner. Sounds like those PA laws could use some updating.
Oh really? Give us the example of the christian baker that was forced to sell something he doesn't normally sell. I'd like to read up on that case.

Oh really? Give us the example of the christian baker that was forced to sell something he doesn't normally sell. I'd like to read up on that case.
Nathan Cherry - The Christian Bakery Case And The Fundamental Right To Discriminate

Nathan Cherry - The Christian Bakery Case And The Fundamental Right To Discriminate
Read that article....they made wedding cakes...they were asked to bake a wedding cake. Therefore, this "christian" baker was not asked to bake something he didn't normally make and sell.

Read that article....they made wedding cakes...they were asked to bake a wedding cake. Therefore, this "christian" baker was not asked to bake something he didn't normally make and sell.
He did not offer bacon, either. Instead he was forced into being sacreligious or face what happened to him. Interesting take on forced labor, considering the recent Jewish past.

The Christian baker sells a product to everyone, no problem. When does the problem start?

Yes, there is a queer mafia. Believing homosexuality is sin and an abomination against God isn't hate.

Forced into being sacrilegious is as absurd as was Mateen. The U.S. Constitution is sacrilegious, because it is a preaccomplished theft and profanation of the term, "freedom of religion," rather than "freedom from religion" because atheism is just as sacred as any other belief.

Webster's:

Sacrilege: from sacrilegus, 'one that steals that which is sacred; the crime of stealing, misusing, violating, or desecrating that which is sacred or dedicated to sacred uses; the unworthy or irreverent use of sacred persons, places or things; the profanation of that which is dedicated to God or to sacred purposes.'

Webster himself even goes schizoid 'nannas towards the latter part of this definition.

Forum List

Back