Local Pennsylvania bridal shop harassed and threatened by LGBT activist after turning away same sex

It is absolutely impossible in a society of over 300 million people to allow anyone who holds a particular belief to disobey the law at will without creating absolute chaos. Once this is allowed for one group of people, it has to be allowed for all other groups. This is chaos in commerce and unacceptable humiliation for would-be customers, who have no way of knowing what the whims of store owners are when they go shopping. When you set up a business, you agree to obey the law.
Ironic that you would talk about allowing anyone who holds a particular belief to disobey the law at will. What about your sanctuary cities?

First of all, the "right" that this specific sect of Christians wants to claim for its members will apply to each and every individual and whatever beliefs that each and every individual holds, which, as I said, would produce nothing but chaos.
Secondly, sanctuary cities don't interfere with ICE. They just ignore ICE and go about their normal routine. And ICE goes about its normal routine.

It is absolutely impossible in a society of over 300 million people to allow anyone who holds a particular belief to disobey the law at will without creating absolute chaos. Once this is allowed for one group of people, it has to be allowed for all other groups. This is chaos in commerce and unacceptable humiliation for would-be customers, who have no way of knowing what the whims of store owners are when they go shopping. When you set up a business, you agree to obey the law.
Ironic that you would talk about allowing anyone who holds a particular belief to disobey the law at will. What about your sanctuary cities?

First of all, the "right" that this specific sect of Christians wants to claim for its members will apply to each and every individual and whatever beliefs that each and every individual holds, which, as I said, would produce nothing but chaos.
Secondly, sanctuary cities don't interfere with ICE. They just ignore ICE and go about their normal routine. And ICE goes about its normal routine.
What a load of crap. The Mayor of Oakland and the Governor of California aren't ignoring ICE. They're actively working against it. The Governor of California even declared war on the Feds. Try again to justify your hypocrisy.

That video was highly edited and proven to be fake years ago
You're a liar.
I am the most trusted poster on USMB

In the video, some conservative Faux News wannabe called Steven Crowder acts out a bunch of flaming-gay stereotypes while asking for offensive and silly titles to be put on a wedding cake. This included asking for “Same Sex 4ever” to be emblazoned on his cake because, you know, someone would actually pay for that.

Amazingly, none of his requests are refused. Heck, I would’ve turned him away just for being such an idiot. What he’s asking for is also fair game for refusal because, uh, the word “sex.” These guys know what kind of game they’re playing.

In one scene, a woman wearing a hijab is handling his order. She asks him, “Wedding?” Crowder replies, “Yeah.”

She asks, “Who’s the wedding for?”

Crowder jumps back in shock from the counter and practically shouts, “It’s for, uh, two people getting married.”

She’s just trying to be conversational, bro. Wallah. You want a gay wedding cake made by Muslims? Dearborn’s gonna bake it for you. Hamdullah.

In another scene, the guy goes to a bread bakery where they’re churning out fresh pita in a brick oven. It’s obvious there are no cakes or sweets in the bakery. The place just makes bread. Despite not being able to take an order for a wedding cake, the men behind the counter still refer him to a place where he can get wedding photographs across the street,inshallah.

The only person who answers negatively to Crowder is a fellow who works at Hallab bakery on Warren road. I’ve gotten Nammoura there before — it’s pretty damn good. Unfortunately, there’s one minor issue: Hallab doesn’t bake wedding cakes. At all. Hallab does cater for weddings if you want a nice assortment of Lebanese sweets — but they don’t bake wedding cakes. You can even look on their website.

Rush Limbaugh, Dearborn and the Muslim Baker Bigotry Myth | HuffPost
Huffington Post? LOLOLOLOL. You're still a liar.
Prove what they said was innacurate and that those bakeries actually do make wedding cakes

Lying conservatives go to a bakery that makes bread and demand a wedding cake
No, you're the one that needs to prove the video is a lie. You're the one making the charge. That's how it works in America, innocent until PROVEN guilty. Actually, what you've done is prove my earlier point that muslims are a protected class just like queers are. We have numerous lawsuits against Christian businesses, but none against muslim businesses, although muslims do not condone queer marriage either.
I did prove it

Those bakeries sell bread, rolls and pastries ....they do not sell wedding cakes

Your video is just rightwing propaganda

What a load of crap. The Mayor of Oakland and the Governor of California aren't ignoring ICE. They're actively working against it. The Governor of California even declared war on the Feds. Try again to justify your hypocrisy.

So they don't cooperate with ICE in certain circumstances, plus there are safety issues involved and city and state leaders are naturally concerned about allowing a climate of fear in their jurisdictions. On the other hand, this sect of Christians just wants to defy the law for their own personal edification. This means that all of us get to do the same thing, which begets nothing but social chaos.

You're a liar.

In the video, some conservative Faux News wannabe called Steven Crowder acts out a bunch of flaming-gay stereotypes while asking for offensive and silly titles to be put on a wedding cake. This included asking for “Same Sex 4ever” to be emblazoned on his cake because, you know, someone would actually pay for that.

Amazingly, none of his requests are refused. Heck, I would’ve turned him away just for being such an idiot. What he’s asking for is also fair game for refusal because, uh, the word “sex.” These guys know what kind of game they’re playing.

In one scene, a woman wearing a hijab is handling his order. She asks him, “Wedding?” Crowder replies, “Yeah.”

Crowder jumps back in shock from the counter and practically shouts, “It’s for, uh, two people getting married.”

She’s just trying to be conversational, bro. Wallah. You want a gay wedding cake made by Muslims? Dearborn’s gonna bake it for you. Hamdullah.

In another scene, the guy goes to a bread bakery where they’re churning out fresh pita in a brick oven. It’s obvious there are no cakes or sweets in the bakery. The place just makes bread. Despite not being able to take an order for a wedding cake, the men behind the counter still refer him to a place where he can get wedding photographs across the street,inshallah.

The only person who answers negatively to Crowder is a fellow who works at Hallab bakery on Warren road. I’ve gotten Nammoura there before — it’s pretty damn good. Unfortunately, there’s one minor issue: Hallab doesn’t bake wedding cakes. At all. Hallab does cater for weddings if you want a nice assortment of Lebanese sweets — but they don’t bake wedding cakes. You can even look on their website.

Prove what they said was innacurate and that those bakeries actually do make wedding cakes

No, you're the one that needs to prove the video is a lie. You're the one making the charge. That's how it works in America, innocent until PROVEN guilty. Actually, what you've done is prove my earlier point that muslims are a protected class just like queers are. We have numerous lawsuits against Christian businesses, but none against muslim businesses, although muslims do not condone queer marriage either.
I did prove it

Those bakeries sell bread, rolls and pastries ....they do not sell wedding cakes

How do you know they don't sell wedding cakes?

So they don't cooperate with ICE in certain circumstances, plus there are safety issues involved and city and state leaders are naturally concerned about allowing a climate of fear in their jurisdictions. On the other hand, this sect of Christians just wants to defy the law for their own personal edification. This means that all of us get to do the same thing, which begets nothing but social chaos.
LOL. You're so full of beans.

I did prove it

Because their website says so

Why do conservatives lie so effortlessly

In sanctuary cities only. It sure doesn't apply to the forced labor laws.
I will ask you again....does a business owner's religious beliefs trump health laws? safety laws?
Then the kosher deli will simply be forced to sell BLT's. Nothing wrong with that.
I'm sorry to hear that you still don't understand PA laws. If a kosher deli doesn't normally sell BLTs on their menu....PA laws do not require them to sell you one if you want one. Just like you can't complain that a furniture store won't sell you a BLT.

You really need to read a PA law sometime.....your examples are amusing, but they are certainly showing clearly that you have no idea what PA laws are for.
Yet a Christian baker can be forced to sell something he doesn't normally sell. But not a Jewish deli owner. Sounds like those PA laws could use some updating.
They are making a baker of wedding cakes bake for all customers regardless of race, religion or sexual orientation
So is the kosher deli owner who makes sandwiches for everyone. But because of her religion, not the kind certain customers want.

Last edited:

I did prove it

Because their website says so

Why do conservatives lie so effortlessly
Show the websites to every baker from the video.

I will ask you again....does a business owner's religious beliefs trump health laws? safety laws?
Then the kosher deli will simply be forced to sell BLT's. Nothing wrong with that.
I'm sorry to hear that you still don't understand PA laws. If a kosher deli doesn't normally sell BLTs on their menu....PA laws do not require them to sell you one if you want one. Just like you can't complain that a furniture store won't sell you a BLT.

You really need to read a PA law sometime.....your examples are amusing, but they are certainly showing clearly that you have no idea what PA laws are for.
Yet a Christian baker can be forced to sell something he doesn't normally sell. But not a Jewish deli owner. Sounds like those PA laws could use some updating.
They are making a baker of wedding cakes bake for all customers regardless of race, religion or sexual orientation
So is the deli owner who makes sandwiches for everyone. But because of her religion, not the kind certain customers want.
If you are a kosher deli, you serve kosher food

But you are not allowed to dent service because of race, religion or sexuality

#422: the kind of game your playing: "offensive" to whom? The cake-maker may as well be Mateen himself, as the gay couple's pork touches Mateen's hamburger.

Poor little lefties. Everything is funny when they get caught in their blatant hypocrisy.

So is the deli owner who makes sandwiches for everyone. But because of her religion, not the kind certain customers want.
If you are a kosher deli, you serve kosher food

But you are not allowed to dent service because of race, religion or sexuality
My religion allows me to eat BLT's.

They were willing to bake the cakes...they are not willing to put hateful messages on those cakes, nor do PA laws require them to do so.

You need to actually read PA laws to understand what they are about....

BTW...the same PA laws would prevent someone from going to a christian baker, order a cake and demand that the baker put "christianity sucks" on the cake. They would have to bake a cake and sell it....they are NOT required by law to put hateful messages on it.

The christian man filming his "gotcha" video either knows that and has conned you easily...or he's also not familiar with PA laws.

Poor little lefties. Everything is funny when they get caught in their blatant hypocrisy.
You need to learn what comparable things are. Right now, you are so clueless that you are becoming a joke to us.

#455's cynicism, because capitalism is a system of cynicism, which like colonialism has long been out of style, except for American automatons.

#454's pathology is that its religion "allows" the prisoner to eat certain things, while the prisoner can thus remain in the gang and not have to individuate. C.G. Jung did say that individuation was a painful process.

They were willing to bake the cakes...they are not willing to put hateful messages on those cakes, nor do PA laws require them to do so.

You need to actually read PA laws to understand what they are about....

BTW...the same PA laws would prevent someone from going to a christian baker, order a cake and demand that the baker put "christianity sucks" on the cake. They would have to bake a cake and sell it....they are NOT required by law to put hateful messages on it.

The christian man filming his "gotcha" video either knows that and has conned you easily...or he's also not familiar with PA laws.
So when you don't want to put some message on a cake, it's because it's a "hateful" message. When a Christian doesn't want to put a message on a cake, it's because they're "bigots". Hypocrite.

You need to learn what comparable things are. Right now, you are so clueless that you are becoming a joke to us.
You need to learn that you're not going to touch me with your attempts at insulting my intelligence. I know who I am, the topic, and I know what you're going to say next before you do.

Forum List

Back