Local Pennsylvania bridal shop harassed and threatened by LGBT activist after turning away same sex

No one is required to put hateful particular message on the cake, not even religious bakers.
The typical leftist double standard. If they refuse, it's because the message is "hateful". If Christians refuse, it's because they're "bigots".

If a gsy couple came in and demanded a message stating "gay sex 4 ever" or "christians are sucky bigots" on a wedding cske they would be well within their rights to refuse and offer up wedding cake alternatives.
Yes, it's all about the message, not the sale of a cake. No one has refused the perverts a cake. The Christians refused to write a message that offended them. Weird how the left is so easily offended by so many things, but when a Christian is offended by refusing to violate their conscience, the left goes bonkers and sues them. The left demands tolerance, but shows none.
What message was that?
Queer marriage. The left wants submission. If anyone will not submit to the agenda that queer marriage is normal, they will be punished.
There is no message written on the cake normally so what are you referring to?

I wish, just once, that the "Christians" involved with this anti-gay stuff would accurately identify themselves and instead of just using the generic term "Christian," which implies that all people of the Christian faith feel the same way as they do and support their activities. It is a false implication.
I wish people that call themselves Christians and don't believe the Bible would identify themselves so we know right away who the wolves in sheep's clothing are.
WHich bible?

No one is required to put hateful particular message on the cake, not even religious bakers.
The typical leftist double standard. If they refuse, it's because the message is "hateful". If Christians refuse, it's because they're "bigots".

If a gsy couple came in and demanded a message stating "gay sex 4 ever" or "christians are sucky bigots" on a wedding cske they would be well within their rights to refuse and offer up wedding cake alternatives.
Yes, it's all about the message, not the sale of a cake. No one has refused the perverts a cake. The Christians refused to write a message that offended them. Weird how the left is so easily offended by so many things, but when a Christian is offended by refusing to violate their conscience, the left goes bonkers and sues them. The left demands tolerance, but shows none.
What message was that?
Queer marriage. The left wants submission. If anyone will not submit to the agenda that queer marriage is normal, they will be punished.
Gay marriages are legal. You may not think they are normal and that's ok.....I think marriages between the elderly and the young aren't normal...they are still legal...and that's ok.

Likewise a Christian bakery that does not normally do wedding cakes can not be forced to do one regardless of who the client is.

But Christian or Muslim bakers who DO wedding cakes are not allowed at all to knowingly make them for what is not allowed: a celebration of two women or two men lying together in the Biblical sense. You're going to lose this one in court. You might as well give up. The courts long ago erred in saying "homosexuality is inborn". And using that as the premise to proceed. It is, in fact, behavioral. And that key legal distinction means they cannot force other people to play along if that behavior is abhorrent to them.

You'll see....mark my words... :popcorn:
I dont think the courts erred. I think the evidence shows that those who are solidly homosexual are hardwired.

How is this any different from those who opposed miscegenation and supported that view through the bible?

They were willing to bake the cakes...they are not willing to put hateful messages on those cakes, nor do PA laws require them to do so.

You need to actually read PA laws to understand what they are about....

BTW...the same PA laws would prevent someone from going to a christian baker, order a cake and demand that the baker put "christianity sucks" on the cake. They would have to bake a cake and sell it....they are NOT required by law to put hateful messages on it.

The christian man filming his "gotcha" video either knows that and has conned you easily...or he's also not familiar with PA laws.
So when you don't want to put some message on a cake, it's because it's a "hateful" message. When a Christian doesn't want to put a message on a cake, it's because they're "bigots". Hypocrite.
Messages are not covered in PA laws....for anyone. That's why a billboard company doesn't HAVE TO put hateful messages up......surely you know these basic things?

Nope...all are allowed to refuse messages. You don't seem to be understanding that basic fact. Is it because you refuse to understand or because you are incapable of understanding?

What message was that?
Equality is all.

Likewise a Christian bakery that does not normally do wedding cakes can not be forced to do one regardless of who the client is.

But Christian or Muslim bakers who DO wedding cakes are not allowed at all to knowingly make them for what is not allowed: a celebration of two women or two men lying together in the Biblical sense. You're going to lose this one in court. You might as well give up. The courts long ago erred in saying "homosexuality is inborn". And using that as the premise to proceed. It is, in fact, behavioral. And that key legal distinction means they cannot force other people to play along if that behavior is abhorrent to them.

It is an odd thing....you always default right to what gay couples do in bed.....I'm glad that I don't go thru life looking at couples imagining what they are doing in bed.....all day....every day....like you seem to do. You know that's not normal, right?

Its already beginning:

Judge rules in favor of California baker who refused to design wedding cake for same-sex couple

According to court documents from the ruling in favor of Tastries Bakery:

"A wedding cake is not just cake in Free Speech analysis. It is an artistic expression by the person making it that is to be used traditionally as centerpiece in the celebration of marriage.

There couldnot be greater form of expressive conduct. Here... They plan celebration to declare the validity of their marital union and their enduring love for one another.

The State asks this court to compel Miller against her will and religion to allow her artistic expression in celebration of marriage to be co-opted to promote the message desired by same-sex marital partners, and with which Miller disagrees.

Identifying the interests here as implicating First Amendment protections does not end the inquiry...

Furthermore, here the state minimizes the fact that Miller has provided for an alternative means for potential customers to receive the product they desire through the services of another talent" -- Miller recommended her competitor to the same-sex couple after refusing to design them a cake.

The ruling goes on to say that

"the fact that Rodriguez-Del Rios feel they will suffer indignity from Miller’s choice is not sufficient to deny constitutional protection."....

Maybe this helped:

The President has instructed me to issue guidance interpreting religious liberty protections in federal law, as appropriate. Exec. Order No. 13798 § 4, 82 Fed. Reg. 21675 (May 4, 2017). Consistent with that instruction, I am issuing this memorandum and appendix to guide all administrative agencies and executive departments in the execution of federal law.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-r...nload?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

I wish, just once, that the "Christians" involved with this anti-gay stuff would accurately identify themselves and instead of just using the generic term "Christian," which implies that all people of the Christian faith feel the same way as they do and support their activities. It is a false implication.
I wish people that call themselves Christians and don't believe the Bible would identify themselves so we know right away who the wolves in sheep's clothing are.
WHich bible?
My, aren't you the coy one!

What message was that?
Gay marriages are legal. You may not think they are normal and that's ok.....I think marriages between the elderly and the young aren't normal...they are still legal...and that's ok.
So? What does something being legal have to do with religious rights? Absolutely nothing.

They were willing to bake the cakes...they are not willing to put hateful messages on those cakes, nor do PA laws require them to do so.

You need to actually read PA laws to understand what they are about....

BTW...the same PA laws would prevent someone from going to a christian baker, order a cake and demand that the baker put "christianity sucks" on the cake. They would have to bake a cake and sell it....they are NOT required by law to put hateful messages on it.

The christian man filming his "gotcha" video either knows that and has conned you easily...or he's also not familiar with PA laws.
So when you don't want to put some message on a cake, it's because it's a "hateful" message. When a Christian doesn't want to put a message on a cake, it's because they're "bigots". Hypocrite.
Messages are not covered in PA laws....for anyone. That's why a billboard company doesn't HAVE TO put hateful messages up......surely you know these basic things?

Nope...all are allowed to refuse messages. You don't seem to be understanding that basic fact. Is it because you refuse to understand or because you are incapable of understanding?
That's a lie because Christian business owners are being sued and their businesses destroyed for refusing to print the message.

WHich bible?
I'm asking a serious question....you DO know that there are several versions out there, right?

What message was that?
The Christian bakers that refuse to print a message on the cake that endorses queer marriage.

That's a lie because Christian business owners are being sued and their businesses destroyed for refusing to print the message.
You are welcome to show which businesses those are. Provide us with links to said stories of them refusing to print a message.

WHich bible?
I'm asking a serious question....you DO know that there are several versions out there, right?
I know that regardless of the version, they all say the same thing. Homosexuality is an abomination to God and Jesus said marriage is a male and female.

You are welcome to show which businesses those are. Provide us with links to said stories of them refusing to print a message.
Sure, right after you show me all the muslim cake bakers that have been targeted by the queer mafia.

Yet a Christian baker can be forced to sell something he doesn't normally sell. But not a Jewish deli owner. Sounds like those PA laws could use some updating.
They are making a baker of wedding cakes bake for all customers regardless of race, religion or sexual orientation
So is the kosher deli owner who makes sandwiches for everyone. But because of her religion, not the kind certain customers want.
She cant be forced to make what she doesnt carry.
She doesn't provide those items because of her religion. You're arguing against yourself.

Not at all. She makes sandwitches. That doesnt mean she must mske all the sandwitches in the world. Some one couldnt demand she make a vegan soymeat sandwitch if she doesnt carry it. She provides whatever she advertises.

She makes sandwiches, but not all kinds because of her religion. How is the baker different.

What message was that?
The Christian bakers that refuse to print a message on the cake that endorses queer marriage.
Name them. And the messages they refused to put on a cake.

Forum List

Back