Lockdown Fans: What Is Your Endgame Plan?

People who want the lockdowns
Nobody wants them. Some of us just recognize their necessity. And the enormous peril of re-opening before we have certain protocols in place like the ability to test on a massive scale. Something the admin promised we would be able to do by now but failed again to come through.
Nobody wants them? Wrong just read this board, many of your Trump hating comrades want to wait until the new case numbers drop to ZERO.

People who want the lockdowns
Nobody wants them. Some of us just recognize their necessity. And the enormous peril of re-opening before we have certain protocols in place like the ability to test on a massive scale. Something the admin promised we would be able to do by now but failed again to come through.
Nobody wants them? Wrong just read this board, many of your Trump hating comrades want to wait until the new case numbers drop to ZERO.

Nobody wants to stay at home just like nobody wants to go to the dentist but sometimes you have to put your big boy pants on and be responsible.

People who want the lockdowns to continue spend a lot of time shouting slogans and congratulating themselves on how they're "the only ones who care about saving lives", but I have yet to hear any of them tell us what their actual plan is for an endgame, or how they envision the future going forward if we were to cave in to their demands.

So I'd really like to know: if you could convince all the governors to continue the lockdowns, what do you think that looks like? How long do you want it to last, and/or what is your metric for ending it? And then what happens? What's your plan going forward from there? Do you have one?
Strawman fallacy.

People who want the lockdowns to continue spend a lot of time shouting slogans and congratulating themselves on how they're "the only ones who care about saving lives", but I have yet to hear any of them tell us what their actual plan is for an endgame, or how they envision the future going forward if we were to cave in to their demands.

So I'd really like to know: if you could convince all the governors to continue the lockdowns, what do you think that looks like? How long do you want it to last, and/or what is your metric for ending it? And then what happens? What's your plan going forward from there? Do you have one?
Strawman fallacy.
Non sequitur.

Strawman fallacy.
Non sequitur.
Wrong.

No one ‘wants’ the health and safety guidelines to continue.

The thread premise is a lie and fails as fallacy as a consequence.

No one is a fan of the lockdowns. Some people just love their mothers, fathers, grandmothers and grandfathers and are not eager to sacrifice them to President Trump's reelection campaign.

You force your grandparents to work?
My grandparents are long dead and I am grandparent age. I still work for a living, A lot of older Americans still work. Opening up stuff way early means they will have to go to work or lose their jobs. Pray you never have to find a job later in life. Older American workers are being sacrificed as surely as the nursing home residents.
are you hoping to get paid while sitting at home on your duff?

if the shutdown continues how do you know any jobs will be waiting for you?
He's obviously got a gaurenteed source of income. Only people in such a situation could be such utter douchebags.
No, that's not the reason. Nobody wants to see financial ruin, but when you compare that to loss of life, there is no arguing what is more important and vital. Not if you are sane.
You cant hide from the chinese disease indefinitely

sooner or later everyone has to face it

A good place to start is when there are no new cases.

You couldn't figure that out all by yourself? Wow!
IOW, you're stupid enough to think that the virus will just die if we hide long enough.

Whatta fucking retard.
The blob said it was going to disappear like a miracle. Don’t you believe your lord and master!

Wrong.

No one ‘wants’ the health and safety guidelines to continue.

The thread premise is a lie and fails as fallacy as a consequence.

Where in the OP did Cecilie1200 say that? Or did you even read the post?

Just like you to accuse someone of saying something they didn't say.

Stop trying to sound smart. Because you aren't. You are full of mendacity.

IOW, you're stupid enough to think that the virus will just die if we hide long enough.

Whatta fucking retard.
The blob said it was going to disappear like a miracle. Don’t you believe your lord and master!

Your lords and masters are saying it will continue on for an indefinite period of time!

Thanks for showing us how much of a shill you are.

That will never happen

Not with our president.
Not with any president

Looks like South Korea, Singapore and other countries are flattening out that curve and reducing their numbers of active cases. Why can't Trump?
You mean why cant democrat governors in deep blue states?

The NYC area got hit early and it's densely populated. Not sure what the political party the governor is a member of makes a difference in that case.

California acted early though and on a per capita basis their numbers look great considering they were also hit early. They took action quick and it's been paying off ever since. Same in Washington, probably the first epicenter in the United States and now they aren't worth mentioning.

More than likely due to the reliance on Mass Transit. Subways and commuter rail are perfect vectors for pathogens.

For all their hippie spewing crap, Californians have never wanted to give up their cars and their commutes to the mountains.

In the Bay Area where they have kept COVID at bay they use mass transit quite often. BART runs through the entire bay area and San Francisco has MUNI.

LA on the other hand has less public transportation and their numbers while in control are higher than the Bay Area. Why would that be? For starters those 5 or 6 counties that imitated the first massive stay at home orders.

I don't doubt that mass transportation has an effect. A large one for that matter, but social distancing at least in San Francisco and it's surroundings has made an impact and your point (as much as it is one) just proves that.

BART isn't a pimple on the ass of the NYC subway system, or the other three commuter lines, either by reach or by passenger volume and concentration.

That will never happen

Not with our president.
Not with any president

Looks like South Korea, Singapore and other countries are flattening out that curve and reducing their numbers of active cases. Why can't Trump?
You mean why cant democrat governors in deep blue states?

The NYC area got hit early and it's densely populated. Not sure what the political party the governor is a member of makes a difference in that case.

California acted early though and on a per capita basis their numbers look great considering they were also hit early. They took action quick and it's been paying off ever since. Same in Washington, probably the first epicenter in the United States and now they aren't worth mentioning.

More than likely due to the reliance on Mass Transit. Subways and commuter rail are perfect vectors for pathogens.

For all their hippie spewing crap, Californians have never wanted to give up their cars and their commutes to the mountains.

careful

in lib la la land that could be considered hate speech against libs favorite form of transportation

I am actually a fan of mass transit, for NY you have to be either crazy or determined to commute by car into Manhattan. I am, however, not anti-car, and I only use the Subway when I go into my main office, for field sites in NJ and the Boros car transport is much better.
I accept that New Yorkers like their city

but I would not want to live there

I like being near my friends and family, the cities government and some of the more annoying SJW types i can do without.

For those of you saying the country will go bankrupt in a month or two if this continues. Any evidence to back that up? I’m pretty sure the economy would survive if we weathered the storm a bit longer.

Like most issues this is not black and white, it’s up to experts like doctor Fauci to find that gray area. We have made some progress with the mitigation efforts. We just need more. None of us are infectious disease experts, so I don’t think anyone of us are qualified enough to put together a sensible plan. To some degree both sides of this argument are arguing out of emotion. Sometimes you have to put your trust in those of us that are more experienced and wiser. I trust our experts have put in place a plan that preserves life to the best of their abilities and I’m willing to see that plan through. People like Fauci and Brix aren’t trying to destroy the country

This is yet another tedious, inane thread with conservatives whining about the health and safety guidelines for purely partisan reasons, frightened that Republicans will lose the WH and Senate this November.
UrBoots.jpg

Whatta fucking retard.
It may well yet do that....When was the last time you heard of anyone getting SARS or MERS?

Whatta fucking retard.

Your lords and masters are saying it will continue on for an indefinite period of time!

I can quote your blob stating there would be a miracle. Can you quote anyone saying this won't end? I didn't think so.

Whatta fucking retard.

I can quote your blob stating there would be a miracle. Can you quote anyone saying this won't end? I didn't think so.
He ain't "my blob" shitferbrains....And can you answer the question?...When was the last case of SARS or MERS you've heard of?

Whatta fucking retard.

Easy question:

What should the status of the pandemic be when we open America up again?

"No more new cases" you say?

That's 2023 at the earliest. So, for people with deteriorating financial health, forever.

I thought as much.

Last edited:

Whatta fucking retard.

Easy question:

What should the status of the pandemic be when we open America up again?

"No more new cases" you say?

Think 2023 at the earliest.

I thought as much.

I said that? Quote me please.

What I actually did say, you idiot, was that we should listen to the experts.

Forum List

Back