Lockdown Fans: What Is Your Endgame Plan?

Oh no....I've proven you're a liar since you can't quote me. As for calling your lord and master the blob, I'm sorry it offends you.

My, aren't we stupid.

How have you proven anything? You won't prove me wrong, all you're doing is calling me a liar.

Sorry, that's not how debates work.

Oh, and I do apologize if the English language is far more nuanced than your troll brain can comprehend.

You said I said "A". I ask you to quote me. You can't

I don't need to. On this board people mean different things from what they actually say.

Let me lay it out for you:

1. You said and I quote "listen to the experts." Experts are saying we need to maintain these measures for the next 2-5 years.
2. You said "quote me," and I did. "Listen to the experts," you said.

And from that statement I can infer a few things:

1. You, a liberal, are attached to science that supports your viewpoints.
2. And as such, when you say "listen to the experts," you clearly mean the ones I just got done citing saying we could be experiencing these conditions for the next 2-5 years.
3. I have been commenting on this board for the better part of a decade. I can read people like you just about as easily as I can a concert flyer posted on a telephone pole.
"On this board people mean different things from what they actually say."

LOL...

Wow.... That statement was so brazenly stupid that I am actually speechless.

You can be speechless and say a million things, candycorn. Like you just did.

Note your inability to read whole posts. Notice how you stopped at the first sentence before you decided to reply.

Keep coming back. I am enjoying humiliating you right now.

Anyway...back to the topic. I think we should listen to the experts. I'm sure you'll put that through your idiot filter and come up with something that means the exact opposite.

Oh no....I've proven you're a liar since you can't quote me. As for calling your lord and master the blob, I'm sorry it offends you.

My, aren't we stupid.

How have you proven anything? You won't prove me wrong, all you're doing is calling me a liar.

Sorry, that's not how debates work.

Oh, and I do apologize if the English language is far more nuanced than your troll brain can comprehend.

Yes, you're quite stupid. You continue to prove it.

Exhibit A:

Still in shock.

People who want the lockdowns to continue spend a lot of time shouting slogans and congratulating themselves on how they're "the only ones who care about saving lives", but I have yet to hear any of them tell us what their actual plan is for an endgame, or how they envision the future going forward if we were to cave in to their demands.

So I'd really like to know: if you could convince all the governors to continue the lockdowns, what do you think that looks like? How long do you want it to last, and/or what is your metric for ending it? And then what happens? What's your plan going forward from there? Do you have one?
A good place to start is when there are no new cases.

You couldn't figure that out all by yourself? Wow!
That will never happen

Not with our president.
Not with any president

Looks like South Korea, Singapore and other countries are flattening out that curve and reducing their numbers of active cases. Why can't Trump?
You mean why cant democrat governors in deep blue states?

The NYC area got hit early and it's densely populated. Not sure what the political party the governor is a member of makes a difference in that case.

California acted early though and on a per capita basis their numbers look great considering they were also hit early. They took action quick and it's been paying off ever since. Same in Washington, probably the first epicenter in the United States and now they aren't worth mentioning.

More than likely due to the reliance on Mass Transit. Subways and commuter rail are perfect vectors for pathogens.

For all their hippie spewing crap, Californians have never wanted to give up their cars and their commutes to the mountains.

In the Bay Area where they have kept COVID at bay they use mass transit quite often. BART runs through the entire bay area and San Francisco has MUNI.

LA on the other hand has less public transportation and their numbers while in control are higher than the Bay Area. Why would that be? For starters those 5 or 6 counties that imitated the first massive stay at home orders.

I don't doubt that mass transportation has an effect. A large one for that matter, but social distancing at least in San Francisco and it's surroundings has made an impact and your point (as much as it is one) just proves that.

BART isn't a pimple on the ass of the NYC subway system, or the other three commuter lines, either by reach or by passenger volume and concentration.

It carries a lot of people all day long and it's more than LA has and SF has a lower infection rate per capita.

Anyway...back to the topic. I think we should listen to the experts. I'm sure you'll put that through your idiot filter and come up with something that means the exact opposite.

You are making this all too easy.

"Listen to the experts"

Okay. Let's keep this country locked down indefinitely, until the virus is completely eradicated. Meaning that, according to your 'experts', is 5 years at the most.

Wanna keep going?

I'll let you ask China. Surveillance is predicated on observing behavior.

In this context, observations are used to guide action. In China's case (and in various uber liberal cities and states across the US), to suppress human rights and freedoms.

Next?

Uh; no.

There is no need to surveil (sp?) persons who are isolated.

I think what you're having an issue with (imagine my shock) is disease surveillance and criminal surveillance are two different things.

You are making this all too easy.

"Listen to the experts"

Okay. Let's keep this country locked down indefinitely, until the virus is completely eradicated. Meaning that, according to your 'experts', is 5 years at the most.

Wanna keep going?

Again, I never said any such thing. You're just making that up. As is your habit to lie constantly.

But we've covered this ground before.

Uh; no.

I think what you're having an issue with (imagine my shock) is disease surveillance and criminal surveillance are two different things.

You know nothing.

And you unwittingly (and adroitly) demonstrated my point.

Surveillance can be used to ensure people remain isolated. Ergo, surveillance can be used to ensure compliance with unjust rules, laws, or other policies. A lack of said compliance can result in severe or inhuman punishments.

Your constant self flagellating right now is becoming quite amusing.

Last edited:
Again, I never said any such thing. You're just making that up. As is your habit to lie constantly.

You don't have to. Do you ever notice how politicians say one thing and do another?

That is essentially what you're doing.

Now move along.

Nah...I'm saying let science guide us. To you that means we stay locked down for 5 years.

Not sure why you just can't comprehend what I'm writing. I'm guessing you're either drunk or high on drugs.

Uh; no.

You know nothing.

And you unwittingly (and adroitly) demonstrated my point.

Surveillance can be used to ensure people remain isolated. Ergo, surveillance can be used to ensure compliance with unjust rules, laws, or other policies.

Your constant self flagellating right now is becoming quite amusing.

Wow...you are a moron. Do you enjoy not knowing simple definitions and contradicting yourself as much as you enjoy lying?

People who want the lockdowns to continue spend a lot of time shouting slogans and congratulating themselves on how they're "the only ones who care about saving lives", but I have yet to hear any of them tell us what their actual plan is for an endgame, or how they envision the future going forward if we were to cave in to their demands.

So I'd really like to know: if you could convince all the governors to continue the lockdowns, what do you think that looks like? How long do you want it to last, and/or what is your metric for ending it? And then what happens? What's your plan going forward from there? Do you have one?
A good place to start is when there are no new cases.

You couldn't figure that out all by yourself? Wow!
That will never happen

Not with our president.
Not with any president

Looks like South Korea, Singapore and other countries are flattening out that curve and reducing their numbers of active cases. Why can't Trump?
You mean why cant democrat governors in deep blue states?

The NYC area got hit early and it's densely populated. Not sure what the political party the governor is a member of makes a difference in that case.

California acted early though and on a per capita basis their numbers look great considering they were also hit early. They took action quick and it's been paying off ever since. Same in Washington, probably the first epicenter in the United States and now they aren't worth mentioning.

More than likely due to the reliance on Mass Transit. Subways and commuter rail are perfect vectors for pathogens.

For all their hippie spewing crap, Californians have never wanted to give up their cars and their commutes to the mountains.

In the Bay Area where they have kept COVID at bay they use mass transit quite often. BART runs through the entire bay area and San Francisco has MUNI.

LA on the other hand has less public transportation and their numbers while in control are higher than the Bay Area. Why would that be? For starters those 5 or 6 counties that imitated the first massive stay at home orders.

I don't doubt that mass transportation has an effect. A large one for that matter, but social distancing at least in San Francisco and it's surroundings has made an impact and your point (as much as it is one) just proves that.

BART isn't a pimple on the ass of the NYC subway system, or the other three commuter lines, either by reach or by passenger volume and concentration.

It carries a lot of people all day long and it's more than LA has and SF has a lower infection rate per capita.

it carried less and less because SF couldn't control the crime on it.

And again, until we know the asymptomatic and minor symptom case ratio, any calculations are based on either hospital admittance, limited testing, or extrapolation based on minimal data.

Nah...I'm saying let science guide us. To you that means we stay locked down for 5 years.

"Let science guide us"

QUOD ERAT DEMONSTRANDUM.

You are very much demonstrating my point.

What would science like us to do right now? Stay in our homes. Do not socialize. Do nothing until the virus is eradicated.

Meaning, according to some studies, 2-5 years. Or essentially, for some people struggling to feed, clothe, and shelter themselves and their families, forever.

200.gif

Last edited:

"Let science guide us"

QUOD ERAT DEMONSTRANDUM.

You are very much demonstrating my point.

What would science like us to do right now? Stay in our homes. Do not socialize. Do nothing until the virus is eradicated.

Meaning, according to some studies, 2-5 years.

That is how you interpret it I guess. Not that your interpretation has any tether to reality.

Forum List

Back