Lois Lerner to take the 5th. Again.

With Ukraine pushing everythig else off the news page I thought I'd post this. Seems Issa's committee has subpoena'ed Lois Lerner for a second chat. Conflicting evidence on whether she will testify or take the 5th. Issa says the committee now has information that suggests she ought to testify. I wonder what that is. I wonder why, if there was nothing incriminating going on, she is taking the 5th.
Will Lois Lerner testify before the House Oversight Committee? - CBS News
Good for Lerner!!! issa is just beating his own drum, AGAIN!!! He is looking for someone to crucify and Lerner is smart enough not to fall into his trap. The facts already presented showed the IRS looked into both republican and Democrat groups seeking to be tax exempt. IT IS THEIR JOB TO DO SO. If I am not mistaken they only turned down one request and that was from a Democratic group. So much for targeting the republicans!
Lerner VIOLATED the LAW at the behest of the Whitehouse. Your Facts are twisted...and this ISN'T over yet. And weighted? Conservative groups were targeted. That is UNDENIABLE.

The modern McCarthyites seem depressed. They can't get anyone outside of their cult to pay attention to any of Issa's phony scandals.

Hey, here's an idea! Try raging about it on a message board! I'm sure that will help.

She takes the 5th and you claim it is a "phony scandal".
Face it gadaway, issa has one goal and one goal, only. That goal has absolutely nothing to do with finding the truth. It has to do with burning a Democrat, any Democrat, at the stake. Even other republican members of Congress want him to shut up and stop beating a dead horse.

The modern McCarthyites seem depressed. They can't get anyone outside of their cult to pay attention to any of Issa's phony scandals.

Hey, here's an idea! Try raging about it on a message board! I'm sure that will help.

She takes the 5th and you claim it is a "phony scandal".
Face it gadaway, issa has one goal and one goal, only. That goal has absolutely nothing to do with finding the truth. It has to do with burning a Democrat, any Democrat, at the stake. Even other republican members of Congress want him to shut up and stop beating a dead horse.
What DEAD HORSE? Lerner violated the LAW...and WHAT Republicans are saying what YOU profess? LIST THEM...chapter and verse. Every OTHER Republican, Gracie?

Hey now, Nixon and the Republicans were THE KINGS, THE AYATOLLAHS OF ROCK n ROLLA on getting the IRS to go after Democrats and political opponents.

Umm, no.

Nixon asked the IRS to go after his opponents (an impeachable offense).

The IRS refused, and never did it.

Fast forward to the Obama administration. Now we see the IRS is actively going after Obama's opponents. And when they got caught, they are scattering into the corners like cockroaches in a flashlight beam, blaming remote offices, hiding and refusing to release government files, taking the 5th (after claiming they had done nothing that could incriminate them), insisting there isn't a smidgen of corruption, etc.

Nixon never saw "the King".... but that's because he's not looking now.

You may believe IRS refused to assist the party in power, Nixon and the Republicans.
I do not. Of course no audits took place under Nixon at IRS of his leaked "enemies list".

The Church Committee uncovered intelligence abuses at IRS, CIA and the FBI under the direction of Nixon, all directed against political opponents.
Same as Obama.

The biggest difference in Obama and Nixon is at least Nixon had the decency to resign.

Hey now, Nixon and the Republicans were THE KINGS, THE AYATOLLAHS OF ROCK n ROLLA on getting the IRS to go after Democrats and political opponents.
This ain't a liberal versus conservative thing.
This is an ABUSE OF POWER.
NEVER HAPPENED. Suggested...but didn't occur.

NEXT

The Nixon White House tapes have him ordering all kinds of people to have IRS target his opponents.
And the Church Committee has the tapes of the intelligence abuses of the Nixon White House at CIA, FBI AND IRS.
All ordered by Nixon.
Only the audits of the "enemies" list was never done.
Access to the files was the key to the Nixon and even the Clinton administration.
This is common knowledge to all in the intel business.
Because it is true and there is evidence to back it up with.

[

"National Taxpayers Union calculations show that Lerner could qualify for a starting pension at the annual equivalent of as much as $102,600, and up to $3.96 million over her lifetime. - See more at: http://cnsnews.com/commentary/pete-sepp/lerners-pension-could-be-much-102600year-396-million-lifetime#sthash.7U7WO5ru.dpuf"

You should probably leave this string and never return, Joe...the number of things you're wrong about have reached a "melt down" stage! It's probably time to play the liberals second favorite debate card (after the race card which you've used extensively to no avail!). Declare that everyone here is too stupid to understand your position and therefore it's a "waste of my time!!!" to address any of their posts. Then tuck tail...and run. :badgrin::lol::badgrin::lol:

Well, gee, there, Cleetus, 102K max is about HALF of what she was making. Derpa, derp.

NOt sure how she is goign to make 4 million over her 'lifetime". She'd have to live about 40 more years. I guess that's possible, but not likely, as the source you posted apparently thinks the life expectency for Ameicans is 87.

But probably she won't get more thank 50K a year.

Only a liberal would make the statement that 102 is about half of 170! Seriously, Dude...do you have something masochistic thing going where you enjoy making an ass of yourself?

And only a progressive would accuse others of "racism" and then make a statement calling everyone south of the Mason Dixon Line stupid and inbred. That's such an ignorant thing to say that it's laughable that YOU consider others to be stupid.

With Ukraine pushing everythig else off the news page I thought I'd post this. Seems Issa's committee has subpoena'ed Lois Lerner for a second chat. Conflicting evidence on whether she will testify or take the 5th. Issa says the committee now has information that suggests she ought to testify. I wonder what that is. I wonder why, if there was nothing incriminating going on, she is taking the 5th.
Good for Lerner!!! issa is just beating his own drum, AGAIN!!! He is looking for someone to crucify and Lerner is smart enough not to fall into his trap. The facts already presented showed the IRS looked into both republican and Democrat groups seeking to be tax exempt. IT IS THEIR JOB TO DO SO. If I am not mistaken they only turned down one request and that was from a Democratic group. So much for targeting the republicans!

What they DID was string along the requests by conservative groups for tax exempt status while forcing them to answer ridiculous questions that liberal groups were not subjected to. The fact that they didn't "turn them down" doesn't mean that Lerner's people in the IRS didn't deliberately and illegally discriminate against conservatives because it's very apparent that they DID do just that!

[

Only a liberal would make the statement that 102 is about half of 170! Seriously, Dude...do you have something masochistic thing going where you enjoy making an ass of yourself?

And only a progressive would accuse others of "racism" and then make a statement calling everyone south of the Mason Dixon Line stupid and inbred. That's such an ignorant thing to say that it's laughable that YOU consider others to be stupid.

uh, yeah, guy, 88.5 is exactly half of the 177K she was making. She probably won't see that much. And your "source" was CNS, another inbred, frothing Right Wing site with no credibility. But please, please, please babble on about the minutia when you can't win your main points.

Pretend Rich people didn't pay for the original outlay for the Interstates because gas taxes are used to maintain them now. Act like Bush was a good president. Think that Sarah Palin is smart. LIve in your own little fantasy world, Cleetus.

Incidently, Southerners are stupid. People who fly COnfederate Flags like that isn't something to be completely ashamed of are dumb. People who fight for the right to work for less money, man, that's about as stupid as you can possibly get. "Well, at least I'm still above the n****rs... Hey', there's a n****r in the White HOuse!!!!"

[

What they DID was string along the requests by conservative groups for tax exempt status while forcing them to answer ridiculous questions that liberal groups were not subjected to. The fact that they didn't "turn them down" doesn't mean that Lerner's people in the IRS didn't deliberately and illegally discriminate against conservatives because it's very apparent that they DID do just that!

But that's the point. The Citizens United Decision left the granting of these waivers COMPLETELY at the discretion of the IRS.

Which means they could ask all the ridiculous questions they wanted to.

Let's get down to brass tacks. These Teabagger groups could have applied for 527 status and not had an issue. They'd have just had to disclose who their donors were.

But they tried to claim they were 501C(4) social welfare groups, which they clearly were not.

'Oh, my god, you questioned my attempts at tax fraud!!!" Hey, totally try that next time you are audited. That would be amusing.

Ron is a low low poster. It isn't the first time--hell it isn't the 50th time--so moron has posted that the IRS's job is merely make sure the rules are followed. Like that's relevant to anything here. and as many times as that particular red herring is debunked, it comes right back. That's why they're lo-los.

Lerner VIOLATED the LAW at the behest of the Whitehouse. Your Facts are twisted...and this ISN'T over yet. And weighted? Conservative groups were targeted. That is UNDENIABLE.

If you have proof of that send it to Issa.

They don't even have proof that Lerner violated any law.

Congress needs to get off it's ass and pass another law that requires there are no anonymous donations to any PAC that does any political campaigning. Because the one they passed in 1959 has been bypassed and or subverted.

Congress needs to get off it's ass and pass another law that requires there are no anonymous donations to any PAC that does any political campaigning. Because the one they passed in 1959 has been bypassed and or subverted.

It's true. We know it is true.
Yes, we need to outlaw anonymous donations so the IRS will know whom to hound and gay activists will know whom to boycott. Brilliant.

Yes, we need to outlaw anonymous donations so the IRS will know whom to hound and gay activists will know whom to boycott. Brilliant.

I'm sure it feels true to many like you. Deep down in their guts........

It is the law already.

Yet, the same group of bloviated, brainwashed hypocrites on the left, claim to this day Bush lied about WMDs in Iraq. You know and I know they are also truthers. We all know they have Fahrenheit 911 in their video collection. They always ignore the fact that Clinton signed the Iraq Liberation Act for WMDs before Bush took office. They hate that. Therefore, they ignore that.

Technically, there was no proof Nixon did anything either. Yet, these types celebrate cause they found out he spied on 5 democrats. While they yawn about this and make the childish claims that she did nothing wrong. Just nothing to it. All Issa's fault. There is simply nothing to it.

It is literally impossible to argue with such pieces of shit. Their arguments are equivalent to nanny nanny boo boo stick your head in doo doo. That is what we are debating.

The country is lost, and it is going to get a lot whole lot worse I fear. I mean look at the state of our country and the morons that defend this utter bullshit. It is well over 47%. Trust that.

Last edited:

Yet, the same group of bloviated, brainwashed hypocrites on the left, claim to this day Bush lied about WMDs in Iraq. You know and I know they are also truthers. We all know they have Fahrenheit 911 in their video collection. They always ignore the fact that Clinton signed the Iraq Liberation Act for WMDs before Bush took office. They hate that. Therefore, they ignore that.

Technically, there was no proof Nixon did anything either. Yet, these types celebrate cause they found out he spied on 5 democrats. While they yawn about this and make the childish claims that she did nothing wrong. Just nothing to it. All Issa's fault. There is simply nothing to it.

It is literally impossible to argue with such pieces of shit. Their arguments are equivalent to nanny nanny boo boo stick your head in doo doo. That is what we are debating.

The country is lost, and it is going to get a lot whole lot worse I fear. I mean look at the state of our country and the morons that defend this utter bullshit. It is well over 47%. Trust that.

LOL, no proof Nixon did anything either?
Read the Watergate transcripts.
The break in at DNC offices was a drop in the bucket and nothing compared to what came out.
And you claim that never happened.

[

If thats true then why are the german and japanese NON-UNION factories in the south doing so well? Look at them---Mercedes, Honda, BMW, Toyota, Subaru, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda-----all paying good salaries, good benefits and no fricken UAW.

You are correct that detroit was slow on putting out products that people wanted, and that a lot of execs were more interested in their income than the companies. But, Detroit was destroyed by high taxes, corrupt union bosses, and (sadly) minority run government.

The ONLY reason those factories exist at all, and they only make a small percentage of the cars these companies produce, mostly assembling parts made elsewhere- is because Reagan threatened tariffs if they continued 'dumping' cars in an attempt to put Detroit out of business, which is something they did- particularly the Japanese.

Now, as to why dumb-ass inbreds in the South don't want them no unions, I gave up figuring out the intelligence of Southerners long ago. I can only conclude the result of centuries of inbreeding.

I guess that inbreeding created a bunch of smart people who have the intelligence to see that the UAW is not about helping the workers, it is about making the union bosses wealthy and funnelling money to dems and left wingers.

BTW, there was and is more inbreeding in the elites of the northeast than ever occurred in the south.

Please point out the section in the Iraq Liberation Act that Clinton signed that authorizes the use of the US Military to overthrow the Government of Iraq.

The tapes clearly showed Nixon had been part of the cover-up.

"The country is lost"

:crybaby:

Please point out the section in the Iraq Liberation Act that Clinton signed that authorizes the use of the US Military to overthrow the Government of Iraq.

"The country is lost"

yes, nixon was part of the cover up, he resigned because he thought more of the country than himself.

clinton lied under oath, was impeached, but was too arrogant and self-centered to step down.

Obama and Hillary lied about Benghazi. Obama lied about you can keep your polciy if you like it.

The double standard that you libtards have is pathetic.

"The country is lost"

The reason for the "overthrow" of Iraq was due to the PARADIGM shift on dealing with any and all perceived threats from abroad. Especially any nation that sponsors terrorism.

I get it, so the Iraq Liberation Act for WMDs was something that did not really mean what it said. So, the liberation of Iraq was going to be done....through....oh never mind.

So, those same democrats voted for the use of force. The point is existence of WMDs was propagated by democrats before Booooooosh took office. Since you have no clue what paradigm shifts are, or what logistics really mean, then I would imagine what I am saying flies right over your head.

I voted for it, before I voted against it. Now, I am wanting to take care of those WMDs in Syria!!!

D85CD1FF5E674F9180E8BCD4F9891256.jpg

Do not worry, poor innocent sweet Hilary was also lied to by Bush, and she had nothing to say about WMDs before Bush ever took office.

Not that you care either way.

Just march on to those left wing orders from your pathetic democrats.

Trust us, we all know you will not care. Carry on sheep.

Last edited by a moderator:

"The country is lost"

yes, nixon was part of the cover up, he resigned because he thought more of the country than himself.

clinton lied under oath, was impeached, but was too arrogant and self-centered to step down.

Obama and Hillary lied about Benghazi. Obama lied about you can keep your polciy if you like it.

The double standard that you libtards have is pathetic.

Nixon was caught in a criminal conspiracy. He resigned because his party deserted him and he knew the Senate would convict him.

Clinton's impeachment is more of an embarrassment for the GOP than it is for Clinton. The Senate was never going to convict him.

Benghazi? Look, the phony scandal were discussing is the one where the Whitehouse directed the IRS to target the Tea party PAC's :D

Yeah he was wrong and didn't include a strong grandfathering clause in the law, but whatcha gonna do, impeach him?

Forum List

Back