Lois Lerner to take the 5th. Again.

actually, I don't think he has the authority to fire her any more than he did to hire her. (She was appointed by Bush).

Hardly a "millionaire', her salary was 177K a year. Her Pension is only about half to a quarter of that.

I support her right to excercise her fifth amendment right under the constitution. I'm funny like that.

"National Taxpayers Union calculations show that Lerner could qualify for a starting pension at the annual equivalent of as much as $102,600, and up to $3.96 million over her lifetime. - See more at: http://cnsnews.com/commentary/pete-sepp/lerners-pension-could-be-much-102600year-396-million-lifetime#sthash.7U7WO5ru.dpuf"

You should probably leave this string and never return, Joe...the number of things you're wrong about have reached a "melt down" stage! It's probably time to play the liberals second favorite debate card (after the race card which you've used extensively to no avail!). Declare that everyone here is too stupid to understand your position and therefore it's a "waste of my time!!!" to address any of their posts. Then tuck tail...and run. :badgrin::lol::badgrin::lol:

NO NO NO
Let Joe stay.
I enjoy lining up against defenseless folks!

Kind of like kicking a puppy at this point, GDawg!

"National Taxpayers Union calculations show that Lerner could qualify for a starting pension at the annual equivalent of as much as $102,600, and up to $3.96 million over her lifetime. - See more at: http://cnsnews.com/commentary/pete-sepp/lerners-pension-could-be-much-102600year-396-million-lifetime#sthash.7U7WO5ru.dpuf"

You should probably leave this string and never return, Joe...the number of things you're wrong about have reached a "melt down" stage! It's probably time to play the liberals second favorite debate card (after the race card which you've used extensively to no avail!). Declare that everyone here is too stupid to understand your position and therefore it's a "waste of my time!!!" to address any of their posts. Then tuck tail...and run. :badgrin::lol::badgrin::lol:

NO NO NO
Let Joe stay.
I enjoy lining up against defenseless folks!

Kind of like kicking a puppy at this point, GDawg!

Loved going against the hamburger squad and walkons.

The modern McCarthyites seem depressed. They can't get anyone outside of their cult to pay attention to any of Issa's phony scandals.

Hey, here's an idea! Try raging about it on a message board! I'm sure that will help.

You Obamabots seem to think that because another scandal comes along every few months to supplant the current scandal that Barry has somehow diffused the previous ones. It's akin to someone with a dead battery getting a flat tire on the way to the shop and then having the engine seize up as they're pulling it into the service bay! At that point the battery issue has taken a back seat because you can't make the engine turn over even with a jump...but that doesn't mean that the battery issue is resolved...it simply means it's been pushed back on the list of things to deal with. It's the same thing with Benghazi, Fast & Furious & the IRS - Lois Lerner debacle. It's hard to focus on an old scandal because a new one comes along like clockwork. People are going to look back at the Obama two terms and scratch their heads that he was able to stonewall so much...for so long.

The modern McCarthyites seem depressed. They can't get anyone outside of their cult to pay attention to any of Issa's phony scandals.

Hey, here's an idea! Try raging about it on a message board! I'm sure that will help.

She takes the 5th and you claim it is a "phony scandal".

LOL, innocent people don't need the 5th. If you are innocent, nothing you say can incriminate you.

the libs are really grasping at straws on this one.

LOL, innocent people don't need the 5th. If you are innocent, nothing you say can incriminate you.

It wouldnt matter if Issa found a tape of Obama telling Lerner "go crack down on TP groups so we can win this November." They would claim it didnt mean anything, they all do it, there was no proof she followed through on it, etc etc.
Because Dems are lying scumbags.

Agree most of the time but not all of the time.

Hey now, Nixon and the Republicans were THE KINGS, THE AYATOLLAHS OF ROCK n ROLLA on getting the IRS to go after Democrats and political opponents.
This ain't a liberal versus conservative thing.
This is an ABUSE OF POWER.

[

If thats true then why are the german and japanese NON-UNION factories in the south doing so well? Look at them---Mercedes, Honda, BMW, Toyota, Subaru, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda-----all paying good salaries, good benefits and no fricken UAW.

You are correct that detroit was slow on putting out products that people wanted, and that a lot of execs were more interested in their income than the companies. But, Detroit was destroyed by high taxes, corrupt union bosses, and (sadly) minority run government.

The ONLY reason those factories exist at all, and they only make a small percentage of the cars these companies produce, mostly assembling parts made elsewhere- is because Reagan threatened tariffs if they continued 'dumping' cars in an attempt to put Detroit out of business, which is something they did- particularly the Japanese.

Now, as to why dumb-ass inbreds in the South don't want them no unions, I gave up figuring out the intelligence of Southerners long ago. I can only conclude the result of centuries of inbreeding.

[

Well, gee, there, Cleetus, 102K max is about HALF of what she was making. Derpa, derp.

NOt sure how she is goign to make 4 million over her 'lifetime". She'd have to live about 40 more years. I guess that's possible, but not likely, as the source you posted apparently thinks the life expectency for Ameicans is 87.

But probably she won't get more thank 50K a year.

IRS is under the executive.
As hard as you try you can not blame this one on Bush.
Obama is the executive now. He was her boss.
She can exercise her right all she wants to and no one stops her.
But what happens to YOU if you if your boss asks you a question and you refuse to answer him because you fear criminal prosecution if you did?
Real world Joe.

Sorry, Bush hired her, not Obama.

And, no, the IRS has independent authority from the executive because of Nixon's abuses, that was the point.

Incidently, Obama isn't the one who has a problem with her, and Issa isn't her boss.

But let's try to apply a little common sense here. The history of Washington Scandals is that the Presidents don't go to jail, the minor flunkies do.

Nixon never went to jail. Halderman, Erhliman, mitchell, Dean, Colson did.

Reagan never went to jail for Iran-Contra. NOrth, Poindexter, McFarlane all got convictions or went to prison. Cap Weinberger faced prosecutions all the way to the end of Bush's term.

Clinton didn't go to jail for Whitewater. The McDougals did. Webster Hubbell did. A couple other folks did.

Bush didn't go to jail for Plamegate. Scooter Libby almost did.

So given THAT history, there's really no good reason for Lerner to testify. At least not to Issa, anyway. Maybe if htere is ever a real prosecution.

Hey now, Nixon and the Republicans were THE KINGS, THE AYATOLLAHS OF ROCK n ROLLA on getting the IRS to go after Democrats and political opponents.

Umm, no.

Nixon asked the IRS to go after his opponents (an impeachable offense).

The IRS refused, and never did it.

Fast forward to the Obama administration. Now we see the IRS is actively going after Obama's opponents. And when they got caught, they are scattering into the corners like cockroaches in a flashlight beam, blaming remote offices, hiding and refusing to release government files, taking the 5th (after claiming they had done nothing that could incriminate them), insisting there isn't a smidgen of corruption, etc.

Nixon never saw "the King".... but that's because he's not looking now.

And it still isn't over. Lerner better be making plans to spend time in jail...and she better be prepared to take her masters down with her.

With Ukraine pushing everythig else off the news page I thought I'd post this. Seems Issa's committee has subpoena'ed Lois Lerner for a second chat. Conflicting evidence on whether she will testify or take the 5th. Issa says the committee now has information that suggests she ought to testify. I wonder what that is. I wonder why, if there was nothing incriminating going on, she is taking the 5th.
Will Lois Lerner testify before the House Oversight Committee? - CBS News
Good for Lerner!!! issa is just beating his own drum, AGAIN!!! He is looking for someone to crucify and Lerner is smart enough not to fall into his trap. The facts already presented showed the IRS looked into both republican and Democrat groups seeking to be tax exempt. IT IS THEIR JOB TO DO SO. If I am not mistaken they only turned down one request and that was from a Democratic group. So much for targeting the republicans!

The liberal definition of "McCarthyite" is: someone who tells the truth about liberals.

Forum List

Back