🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

London 2012 Olympics Stuff

I know there are plenty of Americans who aren't fans of the Olympics but you really should be very proud of your team. Stunning performances over the last couple of days, and a hatful of medals. :clap2:

Medal Count Leaders

1 United States 39 Gold 25 Silver 26 Bronze 90 Total

2 China 37 Gold 24 Silver 19 Bronze 80 Total

3 Great Britain 25 Gold 13 Silver 14 Bronze 52 Total

4 Russia 12 Gold 21 Silver 23 Bronze 56 Total

5 Korea 12 Gold 7 Silver 6 Bronze 25 Total

Google

I was just watching some commentary on the London games. All the fears and speculation about impossible traffic and congestion, inadequate facilities, security concerns etc., have been put to rest. With very few exceptions, all have been unfounded and we are witnessing very good games in a well designed and thought out venue.

Well done, London.

I don't what the situation's like Stateside, but I've seen more of and heard more from the BBC's commentators than the athletes and games themselves.

I don't what the situation's like Stateside, but I've seen more of and heard more from the BBC's commentators than the athletes and games themselves.

Yes, here too. I resent endless commentary about the games and wish there was less time devoted to interviewing various atheletes all who say exactly the same obligatory things and all taking away time that could be devoted to the events.

If I was programming this, I would do a very quick and well edited background on some of the more interesting atheletes, maybe get a 15-second interesting quote, but put a lot more time in on showing the events.

None of that is the fault of the Olympic organizers though.

^^^

I'm tired of all the fluff pieces in so-called "prime time" What the hell? There's all these events going, and they're wasting time reliving the past? NBC needs to stop with the artsy bull shit and show the sports.

Women's 4x100m Relay Olympics London 2012. USA New World Record VIDEO

This is a link to the VIDEO - click it
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Unfortunately when I uploaded this video to YouTube it was blocked - coffeeright or something. So you'll have to follow the link to watch it on ImageShack where I usually host my images but rarely any videos.

USA quartet smash world record

August 10, 2012

The USA women's team broke a 27-year-old world record as they won Olympic gold in the 4x100m relay on Friday night.

The American quartet of Tianna Madison, Allyson Felix, Bianca Knight and Carmelita Jeter clocked 40.82 seconds to smash the previous best, set by East Germany in 1985, by nearly half a second.

They also shattered the best-ever Olympic time which had stood for 32 years.
Jamaica's Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce - the individual 100m champion - Sherone Simpson, Veronica Campbell-Brown Kerron Stewart took the silver in a national record of 41.41 while Ukraine took the bronze.

This video was produced by
Peter Dow from Scotland
to say "THANK YOU WOMEN OLYMPIC SPRINTERS.
Thanks for a fantastic race and well done to the USA team for your new world record!"
& to say "Hi, SEXY LADIES!"

Peter Dow is single and looking for a woman

Attachments

• $1399533_M01.jpg
    $1399533_M01.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 69
  • $1399571_M01.jpg
    $1399571_M01.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 64
  • $1400152_M01.jpg
    $1400152_M01.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 65
Can't wait to see Team USA win the Gold Medal in hoops this weekend.

Ginobili was playing with a bunch of nobodies and keeping them in the semifinal against the USA until they ran out of gas. I think Spain has a chance; maybe about a 5 to 10 percent chance of winning that game. I haven't watched them yet, but the Gasol brothers can give them problems.

Saw cycling for one hour, slept through water polo, watched the last 25 yards of some relay that was won by Jamaica. That was it.

My son is happy, he couldn't get to work in London because the transportation stunk so bad, his company excused it for all their workers.

What did everyone think of the closing ceremony? Queen and Imagine done by deaf children - would opening with Lennon's song ever get past our corporate media censors?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iSwhHMxDh4]The Beatles-Imagine - YouTube[/ame]

Medal Count Leaders

1 United States 46 Gold 29 Silver 29 Bronze 104 Total

2 China 38 Gold 27 Silver 23 Bronze 88 Total

3 Great Britain 29 Gold 17 Silver 19 Bronze 65 Total

4 Russia 24 Gold 26 Silver 32 Bronze 82 Total

5 Korea 13 Gold 8 Silver 7 Bronze 28 Total

Google

Ginobili was playing with a bunch of nobodies and keeping them in the semifinal against the USA until they ran out of gas. I think Spain has a chance; maybe about a 5 to 10 percent chance of winning that game. I haven't watched them yet, but the Gasol brothers can give them problems.

Spain did give us alot of problems with their size, the USA essentially won the Gold Medal without any big man all our guys were perimeter players besides Chandler but he barely played yesterday.

Overall great job done by London
Visitors and athletes all raved about London

What is there to do in Rio?

Spain did give us alot of problems with their size, the USA essentially won the Gold Medal without any big man all our guys were perimeter players besides Chandler but he barely played yesterday.

yes they had a bunch of very good big players -- gasol gasol and ibaka.

one thing that is overlooked in the (admittedly somewhat silly) debate about comparing this and the 1992 team is that while the 1992 team won by huge margins im pretty sure they NEVER faced a team with that type of talent on it. Those are three very good NBA big men.

one thing that is overlooked in the (admittedly somewhat silly) debate about comparing this and the 1992 team is that while the 1992 team won by huge margins im pretty sure they NEVER faced a team with that type of talent on it. Those are three very good NBA big men.

I don't remember if it was an analyst or poster that said Lebron James is the only one that rises to the talent of the original Dream Team. I'd probably throw Durant in the mix, but I otherwise agree with that statement.

Comparing so-called dream teams is what the media will always do. And eventually, not so many people will remember how good the original Dream Team was. We'll just sound like the old kooks talking about how great Chamberlain, Russell, Havilicek, West, Robertson and Baylor were.

That said, I could still go on for paragraphs about the glaring differences between the two teams.

I don't remember if it was an analyst or poster that said Lebron James is the only one that rises to the talent of the original Dream Team. I'd probably throw Durant in the mix, but I otherwise agree with that statement.

Comparing so-called dream teams is what the media will always do. And eventually, not so many people will remember how good the original Dream Team was. We'll just sound like the old kooks talking about how great Chamberlain, Russell, Havilicek, West, Robertson and Baylor were.

That said, I could still go on for paragraphs about the glaring differences between the two teams.

Kobe easily has the talent to match up with the old dream team whatever one's assessment of that team may be.

Plus this team played MUCH tougher competition (not everybody Nigeria or Kenya or whoever it was was an absolute joke for example -- but the best teams they played were much better than the 92 team opposition) -- the 92 dream team played a bunch of stiffs -- might as well have thrown the New Jersey Generals out their against them

one thing that skews these comparisons is that much of the 92 team was well into or past their primes and we judge thembased on their career accomplishments. but larry bird was a cadaver out there -- he was like el cid. so how do you judge him? as the player he was at the time or the player he had been?

on the other hand a lot of the current team are still young and will build a lot of their resume going forward. Chris Paul and Westbrook still have alot in fromt of them and by the time they are done may well be considerd hands down better than guys like Stockton for example. Blake Griffin was out with injury (as was Howard). so perspective is very releavant to this issue

Last edited:

Forum List

Back