London on Lockdown

English Dave, it's all very simple.

What ever group has the numbers is the group that decides what happens

Hopefully, we will eventually breed the stupid out... It would help if you didn't have any more kids. Thanks.

I know your American CG but your saying 'we'. The only kind of people I have ever heard speaking in this way are far right.

Looks like these people are going to need protection because for ever one that went on the rampage there are 100 similar at home.

Jeremy Paxman's great something parents were cap in hand all the time. No one stopped them having more kids.

The gap between Britain's richest and poorest is wider than ever before, according to the Hills report. Photograph: Jeff J Mitchell/Getty Images

A detailed and startling analysis of how unequal Britain has become offers a snapshot of an increasingly divided nation where the richest 10% of the population are more than 100 times as wealthy as the poorest 10% of society.

Gordon Brown described the paper, published today, as "sobering", saying: "The report illustrates starkly that despite a levelling-off of inequality in the last decade we still have much further to go."

The report, An Anatomy of Economic Inequality in the UK, scrutinises the degree to which the country has become more unequal over the past 30 years. Much of it will make uncomfortable reading for the Labour government, although the paper indicates that considerable responsibility lies with the Tories, who presided over the dramatic divisions of the 1980s and early 1990s.

Unequal Britain: richest 10% are now 100 times better off than the poorest | Society | guardian.co.uk

Of course you are in no way the only person who has talked about somehow eliminating these people.

I kinda want a society with a little humanity. Come to think of it, I might go on the loot if I thought people just thought of me as 'stupid' and wanted my grandchildren not to have kids. I might no care for society either or I might like to get myself some of the cloths they wear so that they would not recognise me as 'stupid' when I passed them in the street.

California Girl, thank you for your thoughtful comments throughout this debate, as an
American living here in England you have a better understanding than people who have
never been to this country. I don't know if you have ever been to the northern towns of
which I live in one. They are Rochdale, Oldham, Bradford. Bolton. Blackburn, Burnley and
others. All these towns are in the process of being taken over by others than the original
residents. As Tank says it's all about the numbers. Sadly I think these towns will be lost to
the white English, and be bypassed on journeys in future times. The next step will be a
demand for some kind of independant state, hopefully in a future I will be no part of. I hope
I am wrong, because such a future will probably end in a civil war. That is what the leaders
of this country must fear the most, and yet it is them, and the politicians of the past have
led us to. It did'nt have to be this way, but somehow we have been taken down this road.
I leave this little chat we've had now, and hope for the best.

Hopefully, we will eventually breed the stupid out... It would help if you didn't have any more kids. Thanks.

I know your American CG but your saying 'we'. The only kind of people I have ever heard speaking in this way are far right.

Looks like these people are going to need protection because for ever one that went on the rampage there are 100 similar at home.

Jeremy Paxman's great something parents were cap in hand all the time. No one stopped them having more kids.

The gap between Britain's richest and poorest is wider than ever before, according to the Hills report. Photograph: Jeff J Mitchell/Getty Images

A detailed and startling analysis of how unequal Britain has become offers a snapshot of an increasingly divided nation where the richest 10% of the population are more than 100 times as wealthy as the poorest 10% of society.

Gordon Brown described the paper, published today, as "sobering", saying: "The report illustrates starkly that despite a levelling-off of inequality in the last decade we still have much further to go."

The report, An Anatomy of Economic Inequality in the UK, scrutinises the degree to which the country has become more unequal over the past 30 years. Much of it will make uncomfortable reading for the Labour government, although the paper indicates that considerable responsibility lies with the Tories, who presided over the dramatic divisions of the 1980s and early 1990s.

Unequal Britain: richest 10% are now 100 times better off than the poorest | Society | guardian.co.uk

Of course you are in no way the only person who has talked about somehow eliminating these people.

I kinda want a society with a little humanity. Come to think of it, I might go on the loot if I thought people just thought of me as 'stupid' and wanted my grandchildren not to have kids. I might no care for society either or I might like to get myself some of the cloths they wear so that they would not recognise me as 'stupid' when I passed them in the street.

Oh, for heaven's sake, you humorless moron.... I referred to 'we' as the human race 'we', breeding the stupid out - stupid racists like Tank.

Damn, you need to lighten up a tad.

California Girl, thank you for your thoughtful comments throughout this debate, as an
American living here in England you have a better understanding than people who have
never been to this country. I don't know if you have ever been to the northern towns of
which I live in one. They are Rochdale, Oldham, Bradford. Bolton. Blackburn, Burnley and
others. All these towns are in the process of being taken over by others than the original
residents. As Tank says it's all about the numbers. Sadly I think these towns will be lost to
the white English, and be bypassed on journeys in future times. The next step will be a
demand for some kind of independant state, hopefully in a future I will be no part of. I hope
I am wrong, because such a future will probably end in a civil war. That is what the leaders
of this country must fear the most, and yet it is them, and the politicians of the past have
led us to. It did'nt have to be this way, but somehow we have been taken down this road.

I have not had the pleasure of exploring the north as much as I would like. I have been to York, Manchester, Liverpool, and Leeds. I like northern people a lot. They are, generally, much more friendly than southerners.

I have read quite a lot about problems in certain areas - where the indigenous people have been usurped by immigrants. I think that is a recipe for disaster - hence the rise in popularity of very far right groups such as the BNP.

I honestly hope these riots will have a positive outcome in the longer run - they may force the Government to recognize that forcing 'multiculturalism' on people will not work. Britons should not be forced to hide their flag, or Christmas decorations or any other British tradition. Immigrants here need to accept the traditions of the country they choose to come to. For the most part, I honestly believe it is not the immigrants who are offended - it is the idiotic (mainly left wing) fools who use immigrants to try and force society to remove the parts of the culture that offend the left. The left tend to dislike 'nationalism', or religious displays.... so they use the 'it offends the minorities' as a justification. I have yet to meet an immigrant who feels threatened by your flag or British traditions. That is the root of the problem, to me.

Oh, for heaven's sake, you humorless moron.... I referred to 'we' as the human race 'we', breeding the stupid out - stupid racists like Tank.

Haven't you noticed, CG? She has a sly way of indirectly accusing those who won't agree with her of being extremists or wishing her harm. She even indirectly accused me of wishing harm on her, even though I never posted any such thing. It is, of course, a familiar technique often employed by the Labour party to demonize those who speak out against them. No surprise that she should employ the same tactics! It says a lot about her.

Haven't you noticed, CG? She has a sly way of indirectly accusing those who won't agree with her of being extremists or wishing her harm. She even indirectly accused me of wishing harm on her, even though I never posted any such thing. It is, of course, a familiar technique often employed by the Labour party to demonize those who speak out against them. No surprise that she should employ the same tactics! It says a lot about her.

Passive Aggressive.

I apologise. If that was the case I got you quite wrong. I wrongly assumed that you were agreeing rather than being sarcastic.

I have not had the pleasure of exploring the north as much as I would like. I have been to York, Manchester, Liverpool, and Leeds. I like northern people a lot. They are, generally, much more friendly than southerners.

I have read quite a lot about problems in certain areas - where the indigenous people have been usurped by immigrants. I think that is a recipe for disaster - hence the rise in popularity of very far right groups such as the BNP.

I lived for 10 years in Manchester. There is a large Irish population, a large Muslim, population and a large Jewish population. The BNP/EDL are not popular in Manchester. I remember seeing them sent packing when they tried to hold a meeting. They may have a small following among the illiterate but there is 100 times more anti such racism. My guess is that BNP will have a hard time wherever the Irish are just as they do in Glasgow.

That being said the only person who said anything about immigration being anything to do with riots was in Manchester. It sounded like a script he had learnt. He cheerfully said they had to do it, it had to be said. It was caused by the Poles taking their jobs. We still need to find out whether BNP/EDL were involved in stirring up people in the hope of getting racial disharmony. This man's talk could imply that. He appeared to believe he was looting for a political reason, though in truth I think even he knew it was an excuse. But it was against Poles to him not Muslims

Luton however is a different situation. The history comes from people from Pakistan moving there in the 60's indending on only working temp in the mills. They did not expect to stay and so did not bring their families, shared houses and kept themselves very much to themselves. However after the 81 Nationality bill they decided to stay so wives and families came over, mills shut down and because they always had stayed together they still did. Luton had segregated communities and in May 2001 riots emerged reminding me of the Black riots of '81. Had there not been 9/11 which changed feeling among both Muslims and others leading to a massive rise in the BNP and eventually the EDL, I had expected us to deal with the situation similarly to how we had the Brixton and other London riots.

Luton then had become a totally divided town. Muslim and the rest of the population living separately both in fear of each other. It became a regular haunt of the BNP and later the EDL wanting to stir up racial tension in an already tense spot. Choudary tried to get a grip there but the Muslim population chased him and his followers out of town when the police would do nothing.

For the past year work has been going on which is beginning to change this simply by a linking through schools both primary and secondary. It began with just sharing I think an afternoon together doing drama and so on and sharing a football team. Already this has made a big difference as people have got to know each other and people interviewed on on the BBC documentary I saw who early in this program hated each other by the end had let go of all the usual stereotypes they had and were visiting the Muslim quarters for shopping for the first time in years. Both communities seemed very prepared to put work in to get this working. If I have it right this year they will be sharing schooling completely.

There are some other greater Manchester towns, Bromley being one which you hear of problems every now and then but it looks like work is now going on to sort out Luton and it looks like both communities once they get to know each other and their imaginations receive reality are quite capable of living in harmony with each other and giving to each other.

We shall see but good step forward. However regarding these riots/looting. These did not happen in Muslim areas and the only reason Muslims could have had anything to do with this would be BNP/EDL trying to cause racial conflict.

I honestly hope these riots will have a positive outcome in the longer run - they may force the Government to recognize that forcing 'multiculturalism' on people will not work. Britons should not be forced to hide their flag, or Christmas decorations or any other British tradition. Immigrants here need to accept the traditions of the country they choose to come to. For the most part, I honestly believe it is not the immigrants who are offended - it is the idiotic (mainly left wing) fools who use immigrants to try and force society to remove the parts of the culture that offend the left. The left tend to dislike 'nationalism', or religious displays.... so they use the 'it offends the minorities' as a justification. I have yet to meet an immigrant who feels threatened by your flag or British traditions. That is the root of the problem, to me.

Just partisan crap

Last edited:

You suffer from projection. You were out rightly rude to me. I gave it back. I am quite straight in communication. Any slyness comes from yourself. Please provide link where I indirectly accused you of wishing me harm. You raise your importance way above what it is. Link then.

I know extremists when I see them.

Passive Aggressive.

So what is this? Your passive aggression against me because I did not agree with your position. You never answered that post so I can only imagine that is what it is. I spent 20 years working as a counsellor, so do not think I do not recognise passive aggression or holding onto the coat tails of those you need when I see it.

I apologise. If that was the case I got you quite wrong. I wrongly assumed that you were agreeing rather than being sarcastic.

I rarely agree with hate filled racists. Or hate filled right wingers. Or hate filled left wingers. That's just the way I am.

Your posts make you sound like a pompous twit, did you know that?

Passive Aggressive.

So what is this? Your passive aggression against me because I did not agree with your position. You never answered that post so I can only imagine that is what it is. I spent 20 years working as a counsellor, so do not think I do not recognise passive aggression or holding onto the coat tails of those you need when I see it.

So, social scientist and counsellor. Britain should thank you for the crucial role you played in creating this clusterfuck.

I rarely agree with hate filled racists. Or hate filled right wingers. Or hate filled left wingers. That's just the way I am.

Your posts make you sound like a pompous twit, did you know that?
Irony. :)

Passive Aggressive.

Not at all. The fact is you have been labelling people on the basis of what YOU think. Not what they say. Have you already forgotten what you said to me in a response...that you hoped I didn't wish your head split open. Why did you say that? To me it's obvious. As for you being a counsellor, so what. Does that make you the expert? You come across as quite an arrogant individual.

Last edited:
The reason it happened was the same reason as other riots; anger, lack of jobs, as well as too much alcohol and time on their hands. As much as I really don't want to live in the UK, I don't see it as a reason to believe that British society is broken down or it is near civil war. Things will calm down, and the prison cells will be a bit full for a while.

Passive Aggressive.

Alexa, It's like watching you bail water out of a sinking ship with a sieve. It's too painful to watch and I don't want to encourage you. Encouraging you is like hurting Society, because of the misapplied reasoning, put into action, like a bad recipe.
Sometimes silence is Golden, yet you misinterpret my intention. I adamantly disagree with your Ideology, I find it obstructive to the Establishment of Justice, which is the Root of Any Civilized Society. I've given you my positions, made them clear, yet you still go off on tangents. How about rather than going off the reservation, you ask a question to clarify?
I respect the fact that we each are entitled to our own positions Alexa. The only thing I would ask of you and everyone else, is to put conscience first, refine and develop your perspective, learning from those around you. If I want to hear anything from you, it is the best you have to offer. I have no expectation of converting you in any way, not when it compromises Principle. Along with the consideration of Principles, is relevance, in relation to circumstance, each has it's due weight and priority. Maybe it is human nature to get so caught up in our own causes that we neglect other parts of the picture, huh. There is much to learn about what went down here from all sides for those open enough to receive.

The reason it happened was the same reason as other riots; anger, lack of jobs, as well as too much alcohol and time on their hands. As much as I really don't want to live in the UK, I don't see it as a reason to believe that British society is broken down or it is near civil war. Things will calm down, and the prison cells will be a bit full for a while.

I don't see it that way at all.

Forum List

Back