Long Island Teen Accepted to 8 Ivy League Colleges Chooses Yale

This is a pretty good accomplishment, however not that unusual. Even I was accepted by 9 Ivy league schools.

assplassma just denoted.....

Yurts brain just detonated.....Where is your proof this was accomplished before? You have one last chance to redeem yourself before you go into my stooge alert.

at least we have finally figured out that asclepias created this thread solely because the kid is black

racist

at least we have finally figured out that asclepias created this thread solely because the kid is black

racist

You still haven't shown any proof anyone has done this before. What are you waiting on? I know you are mad a Black kid did it first. That makes you a racist.

It's news because he's black. I wonder how many equally or more qualified non-black kids were passed over to accommodate this one.
A white kid who went to school with my son achieved a 4.0 GPA and scored a perfect 2400 on his SAT. His first choice was Stanford but he was denied. A classmate who didn't achieve as highly either in GPA or SAT but who qualified as highspanic was accepted to Stanford.

It's news because he's black. I wonder how many equally or more qualified non-black kids were passed over to accommodate this one.
A white kid who went to school with my son achieved a 4.0 GPA and scored a perfect 2400 on his SAT. His first choice was Stanford but he was denied. A classmate who didn't achieve as highly either in GPA or SAT but who qualified as highspanic was accepted to Stanford.

Its news because its unprecedented. Plenty of people get turned down. You just told on yourself that you are a scrub that never went to college. Grades are not the only thing they look at. They also look at how well rounded the kid is. So a kid with a lower SAT but well rounded will get in before a kid with a perfect SAT and thats all they do is study like a little Poindexter.

Melanin trumps grades....... :doubt:

Its news because its unprecedented. Plenty of people get turned down. You just told on yourself that you are a scrub that never went to college. Grades are not the only thing they look at. They also look at how well rounded the kid is. So a kid with a lower SAT but well rounded will get in before a kid with a perfect SAT and thats all they do is study like a little Poindexter.

Hey dumbass, colleges weigh different aspects as per what creates the excuse to help them meet demographic quotas whereby they receive more grant $$, etc.
Most colleges right now put more weight into GPA so they can attract more less-qualified minorities. SAT and ACT pit apples against apples but that's too fair to allow for accommodating blacks.
Reality.

Too bad you have a hard time producing any....:cool:

It trumps SAT. GPA is the one used most in order to justify increased minority numbers. A 4.0 at a ghetto school would likely achieve a sub-3.0 at a tougher private school.

Hey dumbass, colleges weigh different aspects as per what creates the excuse to help them meet demographic quotas whereby they receive more grant $$, etc.
Most colleges right now put more weight into GPA so they can attract more less-qualified minorities. SAT and ACT pit apples against apples but that's too fair to allow for accommodating blacks.
Reality.

You dont know what you are talking about. They want well rounded students over GPA. Evidently the college experience was never offered to you.

Forum List

Back