🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Long Island University-Brooklyn to Drop “Blackbirds” Nickname Because … Racism

The alums should just stop giving financial support to the school.

Okay. Then students should be given a discount on tuition if they object to the Racist team name and they object to it...

That will work.

Let's get real. Colleges change mascots and team names all the time.

If you are going to charge students $36,000 a year to attend your university, they pretty much have a right to any name they want.

The alums should just stop giving financial support to the school.

Okay. Then students should be given a discount on tuition if they object to the Racist team name and they object to it...

That will work.

Let's get real. Colleges change mascots and team names all the time.

If you are going to charge students $36,000 a year to attend your university, they pretty much have a right to any name they want.
"Racist team name"?

Grow up

Let me guess... You can't think of a way to support this latest example of PC stupidity, so you look desperately for a way to attack the messenger.

That works on the assumption that "blackbird" doesn't have racial connotations.

"Racist team name"?

Grow up

The students at this university were embarrassed enough about it.

Again- for $36,000 a year, they should have whatever name they want.

I saw two blackbirds attacking a light colored hawk yesterday. I must assume it was for the color of his feathers.
I hope the wildlife resources agency catches those blackbirds and charges them with a hate crime

Incredible. Not surprising, of course.

Imagine going through life like the PC zombies. Everything offends you. No wonder anti-depressant use is so high.

This stuff is funny, but it's not funny.

Who would hire a college grad these days? Colleges used to prepare kids for the real world, now they set them up for failure.

Who would hire a college grad these days? Colleges used to prepare kids for the real world, now they set them up for failure.
That's certainly true. However, it doesn't stop when they leave college. We're seeing businesses getting more and more PC, more hypersensitive, more divided. So many of these kids can just keep being neurotic drama queens into and through employment, punishing anyone who dares to offend them. And the businesses will cave, fearful of their reputation. That's the most insidious part of the environment these people have created.

It's not just punishment, it's intimidation.

Let me guess... You can't think of a way to support this latest example of PC stupidity, so you look desperately for a way to attack the messenger.

"Racist team name"?

Grow up

Or go to a snowflake college instead. They knew the mascot before they enrolled, moron

"Racist team name"?

Grow up

Exactly why smart employers have now blacklisted graduates of this university.

This is why liberalism is a mental disorder. An unknown university, not even in the top 100 in the country decides to "get on the map" by denying the fact that Blackbird is actually a biological classification for a species of a bird. I guess the kids get to go home and brag to their Libtard Leftcoast friend and families "see what we did?!"

Blackbird - Wikipedia

This is why liberalism is a mental disorder. An unknown university, not even in the top 100 in the country decides to "get on the map" by denying the fact that Blackbird is actually a biological classification for a species of a bird. I guess the kids get to go home and brag to their Libtard Leftcoast friend and families "see what we did?!"

Blackbird - Wikipedia

I'd be ashamed if it were my kid

Forum List

Back