🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Long Island University-Brooklyn to Drop “Blackbirds” Nickname Because … Racism

Next they need to protest blackbirds. Then brown sparrows. Throw a few black widow spiders in tobe not only racist but sexist.

The students at this university were embarrassed enough about it.

Again- for $36,000 a year, they should have whatever name they want.
The were stupid, not embarrassed.

For $36,000 they deserve an education, which includes learning that they don't get their way every time they get a sore vagina.

Asians need to have a nationwide protest against the yellow bellied sapsucker. It's racist and homophobic.

Incredible. Not surprising, of course.

Imagine going through life like the PC zombies. Everything offends you. No wonder anti-depressant use is so high.

This stuff is funny, but it's not funny.

again, VichyMac, did you forget what you were like when you were that age? I mean, given what an absolute fucking drama queen you are now, I can only imagine the 20 year old version.

Okay, one more time, this is nothing new.

Going back to my wonderful days at UIC in the early 1980's. When Circle Campus and the Medical Center combined to form UIC and became a real university, and not just that place you went when you couldn't get into Urbana, they decided our teams no one ever watched needed them a new name.

The original plan by our campus administrators was to be known as the "Chicago Clout". Because, get it, you needed clout to get things done in Chicago. But the minority kids weren't having it. Clout to them meant an old white power structure that made us the most segregated city in the country.

The Students wanted "Chi-Hawks".. They finally came up with Flames as a compromise, and then everyone went back to never attending the games or even caring all that much.

So as much as I sneered at the Campus Liberals at the time, I kind of miss those days when Young People thought they could change the world... or maybe even a little part of it.

Also- Chicago Clout would be kind of dumb. Kind of like Blackbirds.

Exactly why smart employers have now blacklisted graduates of this university.

Yeah, Smart Employers... as someone who writes resumes and helps people with job coaching, i can tell you, those are as plentiful as unicorns. Every aspect of the hiring process is broken.

No one is going to say, "Hey, your university had a controversy about a mascot". They are going to see if you got the degree or not. Period.

Exactly why smart employers have now blacklisted graduates of this university.

Yeah, Smart Employers... as someone who writes resumes and helps people with job coaching, i can tell you, those are as plentiful as unicorns. Every aspect of the hiring process is broken.

No one is going to say, "Hey, your university had a controversy about a mascot". They are going to see if you got the degree or not. Period.
Thanks for displaying your ignorance. I always looked at education and if I didn’t like it the resume went into the shit pile.
And that was before you freaks created snowflake graduates.

For $36,000 they deserve an education, which includes learning that they don't get their way every time they get a sore vagina.

They could at least learn pronouns and articles, which seems to have eluded you as a skill.

ANYWAY, seems to me that they saw something that bothered them, and they did something about it. Wow. It's nice to be young and idealistic.

Thanks for displaying your ignorance. I always looked at education and if I didn’t like it the resume went into the shit pile.

Yeah, I'm sure the two people you ever hired were grateful for that job at the greasy spoon, Cleetus.

Most real operations, a human being doesn't even read the resume, they are read by computers first.

Yeah, I'm sure the two people you ever hired were grateful for that job at the greasy spoon, Cleetus.

Most real operations, a human being doesn't even read the resume, they are read by computers first.
Shitforbrains says hiring managers don’t read resumes.

There’s a reason college grads are flipping burgers in this hot economy, Dufus. Nobody wants Leftard snowflakes in the workplace.

They could at least learn pronouns and articles, which seems to have eluded you as a skill.

ANYWAY, seems to me that they saw something that bothered them, and they did something about it. Wow. It's nice to be young and idealistic.
Congratulations on winning the "Typo Competition".

I guess that, given your losing streak, any win is special.

Shitforbrains says hiring managers don’t read resumes.

There’s a reason college grads are flipping burgers in this hot economy, Dufus. Nobody wants Leftard snowflakes in the workplace.

I can tell you from experience they really don't do it well. I got a call once in 2011 from a company that downsized me in 2001 because the idiot HR manager didn't even bother to read far enough down to realized I had worked for their company before.

The ATS put my resume at the top of their list (I didn't send it to them, they found it on Careerbuilder when that was still a thing) because keywords involving their commodity and computer system put me higher up on the list.

"Hi, Mr. B###, would you be interested in applying for a purchasing job with ########"

"Um, no, not again," I replied, not missing a beat.

half the time, they don't even sort them internally, they outsource that work to staffing agencies.

Forum List

Back