Look the left lying about what the republicans are doing.

Republican Legislators Propose a Series of Bills That Would Criminalize Peaceful Protests

This piece out right lies about the intent and purpose of laws being proposed. It lies about the reason for the laws and the reason that people are upset about actions taken by protestors. It is NOT peaceful protest when the protestors break the law.
since there are ALREADY LAWS that make these acts illegal, adding all of these ADDITIONAL laws and penalties seems to be simply for intimidation against all protesters by our government to silence dissent.....
Really? remind me how protestors were arrested in California and New York for blocking roads?

The power structure has never been able to really handle dissent, despite all the endless blathering on about liberty and the right to do so.
Blocking highways, riots, looting etc. aren't protests. They are criminal acts. Now, go whine and lie someplace else.

Why do we need a special bill for that? Riots and looting are already illegal.

I would have to see each individual bill (there are federal and state bills pending). My guess would be to toughen existing law - mandatory sentences for example. Blocking highways is willful reckless endangerment. Those doing so need a month or 2 jail time to break the cycle.

I disagree. Mandatory sentences are a bad idea and end up with too many largely non-violent people in jail, when the crime can be addressed by more appropriate penalties. We don't need more people in jail.

It's also tricky...at what point are we infringing on the rights of free speech and assembly? My point is property destruction, assault, and impeding a person's ability to move from place to place. But not all require stiff penalties.

For example, consider this: 'Bubble' laws protect patients and protesters alike

The for profit prison industry is a growth business with stocks traded on Wall Street and stables of lobbyists and corporate lawyers intent upon keeping them full and rewarding shareholders. Some states have even returned to the leasing of convict labor; there's your jobs coming back program. We now have a profit motive for more criminalized behavior, longer sentences, high recidivism rates, and higher crime rates in society. I really don’t see this society developing any compunctions about mass incarceration. It’s just another business now and in a postindustrial society corporations can turn $40,000-50,000 per year per hominid.

The power structure has never been able to really handle dissent, despite all the endless blathering on about liberty and the right to do so.
Blocking highways, riots, looting etc. aren't protests. They are criminal acts. Now, go whine and lie someplace else.

I would have to see each individual bill (there are federal and state bills pending). My guess would be to toughen existing law - mandatory sentences for example. Blocking highways is willful reckless endangerment. Those doing so need a month or 2 jail time to break the cycle.

I disagree. Mandatory sentences are a bad idea and end up with too many largely non-violent people in jail, when the crime can be addressed by more appropriate penalties. We don't need more people in jail.

It's also tricky...at what point are we infringing on the rights of free speech and assembly? My point is property destruction, assault, and impeding a person's ability to move from place to place. But not all require stiff penalties.

The for profit prison industry is a growth business with stocks traded on Wall Street and stables of lobbyists and corporate lawyers intent upon keeping them full and rewarding shareholders. Some states have even returned to the leasing of convict labor; there's your jobs coming back program. We now have a profit motive for more criminalized behavior, longer sentences, high recidivism rates, and higher crime rates in society. I really don’t see this society developing any compunctions about mass incarceration. It’s just another business now and in a postindustrial society corporations can turn $40,000-50,000 per year per hominid.
What part of paying for your crime do you object too? The fact that corporations are in the prison industry is the direct result of incompetent government. Your solution is let the criminals run free?

What part of paying for your crime do you object too? The fact that corporations are in the prison industry is the direct result of incompetent government. Your solution is let the criminals run free?

5% of the world's population, 25% of the world's incarcerated population, in the land of the free. And now, returned to profit from bondage.

Republican Legislators Propose a Series of Bills That Would Criminalize Peaceful Protests

This piece out right lies about the intent and purpose of laws being proposed. It lies about the reason for the laws and the reason that people are upset about actions taken by protestors. It is NOT peaceful protest when the protestors break the law.
since there are ALREADY LAWS that make these acts illegal, adding all of these ADDITIONAL laws and penalties seems to be simply for intimidation against all protesters by our government to silence dissent.....

You're pro gun, right?

hahahaha what a fucking hypocrite.

5% of the world's population, 25% of the world's incarcerated population, in the land of the free. And now, returned to profit from bondage.

All that's going to change. We're going to spend about 10 years throwing you dumbfucks into prison when you commit your stupid crimes, and there you will stay. We're building prisons, and people will be serving their sentences.

After about ten years, we'll see a tapering off of crime as repeat offenders are prevented from repeating..and from creating huge populations of bastard criminal children who are raised by single drug addled mothers.

Really? remind me how protestors were arrested in California and New York for blocking roads?
The police chose not to stop them, plenty of laws could have been used to stop and arrest them....for starters, jaywalking.

Did looting become legal? Because if it's still illegal then this bill had to about something else.

Ah, don't get too worked up. More & more Americans are catching onto Democrat Fake News shite. They're starting to call em on it. The days of their Fake News being blindly accepted as real News, are quickly slipping away. I see some very rough times ahead for Democrats.

All that's going to change. We're going to spend about 10 years throwing you dumbfucks into prison when you commit your stupid crimes, and there you will stay. We're building prisons, and people will be serving their sentences.

After about ten years, we'll see a tapering off of crime as repeat offenders are prevented from repeating..and from creating huge populations of bastard criminal children who are raised by single drug addled mothers.
WOW!

:cuckoo:

Ah, don't get too worked up. More & more Americans are catching onto Democrat Fake News shite. They're starting to call em on it. The days of their Fake News being blindly accepted as real News, are quickly slipping away. I see some very rough times ahead for Democrats.
And how about right wing fake news?

It doesn't bother you one itty bitty bit, does it.

Please reference some. Butthurt posts don't cut it.

WOW!

:cuckoo:

Your world is changing, loser.

It's Official: Trump Pulls Taxpayer Funding of Abortions Overseas

Obamas birth certificate comes to mind .

Who was it that started that again...

Couldn't have been your messiah, the great satan, Hillary?

You are aware that his state senate literature initially claimed him to be Kenyan born as well as his paternal grandmother, aren't you? His college records were sealed...perhaps because he applied as a foreign student?

Forum List

Back