Looking at all the Republicans victims, who suffers the most?

Just a quick search, this link does not say what Arizona time limit was in 2012 but in 2016 it is dropped down to 12 months...surly enough time to get a job...

Arizona sharply limits welfare to 12 months

Most states impose a five-year limit on welfare benefits. Thirteen states limit it to two years or less, and Texas has a tiered time limit that can be as little as 12 months but allows children to continue to receive funding even after the parents have been cut, welfare policy analyst Liz Schott said
It use to be 5 years. 1 isn't probably enough. Should be 3 years max. Or 2
why do you believe that? does poverty end after that time as well?
Get a job. If you can't work go on social security.

If you just can't find a job move. My grandparents came to America with nothing. These people already live in America. Get on a grayhound.

The solution is not welfare for the masses in poor ghettos. Get out of the ghetto. And don't have kids you can't afford.
why not simplify your social safety nets so they are more cost effective?

We have lots of charitable people who fund churches and worthy organizations here in Arizona that help those in the pictured situation. All blessings needn't flow from government and folks shouldn't be forced into kneeling and donating at the public alter if they don't believe.
We shouldn't abolish welfare but 1 year max is too short and 5 too long. Welfare for life was insane.
why do you believe that; our science is not advanced enough to solve All problems.
Huh? So the answer is welfare for ANYONE who's given up?

Are we talking about people who can't work or just can't find work?

Just a quick search, this link does not say what Arizona time limit was in 2012 but in 2016 it is dropped down to 12 months...surly enough time to get a job...

Most states impose a five-year limit on welfare benefits. Thirteen states limit it to two years or less, and Texas has a tiered time limit that can be as little as 12 months but allows children to continue to receive funding even after the parents have been cut, welfare policy analyst Liz Schott said

If you just can't find a job move. My grandparents came to America with nothing. These people already live in America. Get on a grayhound.

The solution is not welfare for the masses in poor ghettos. Get out of the ghetto. And don't have kids you can't afford.
I'm open to all good ideas.

I'd be OK with turning over a closed prison to state housing where you get a room and 2 meals a day and where companies offer jobs to people who want to get out. Not a dime of money though.

Buses will run to and from this place and free for residents. Counselors who help them. Start a bank account and save. No smoking or drinking. How can they afford smokes?

Sort of what my dad did for me when I graduated from college. I saved like crazy to get out of there but it was nice to know I could always go back.

We have lots of charitable people who fund churches and worthy organizations here in Arizona that help those in the pictured situation. All blessings needn't flow from government and folks shouldn't be forced into kneeling and donating at the public alter if they don't believe.
We shouldn't abolish welfare but 1 year max is too short and 5 too long. Welfare for life was insane.
why do you believe that; our science is not advanced enough to solve All problems.
Huh? So the answer is welfare for ANYONE who's given up?

Are we talking about people who can't work or just can't find work?
Only if that is the Only social safety net.

I'm open to all good ideas.

I'd be OK with turning over a closed prison to state housing where you get a room and 2 meals a day and where companies offer jobs to people who want to get out. Not a dime of money though.

Buses will run to and from this place and free for residents. Counselors who help them. Start a bank account and save. No smoking or drinking. How can they afford smokes?

Sort of what my dad did for me when I graduated from college. I saved like crazy to get out of there but it was nice to know I could always go back.
Why not solve for simple poverty by solving for capitalism's natural rate of unemployment on an at-will basis, through unemployment compensation that clears our poverty guidelines?

What if you are illegal and have paid no wages into legal SSI account? Now you "can't work".

What if you are age 45 laid off and can't find another job for three years? UI runs out 99 weeks max (maybe 26 weeks?). You have assets (home equity, small 401K or whatever). You not really "un-able" to work but now your skills are lost. What you do for those Citizens? $15/hr won't pay your mortgage/taxes. This guy has kids in local schools. What about him?

Sounds good but hard to implement and keep running. Large building costs a lot to maintain, heat, cool, water etc. Who polices it? What you do with violations? how you keep women, children safe. How you stop fights? Where do buses go? door to door for all? or drop you off into LA? Do you let illegals live in there?

I know, I know. sigh.

The red states suck up the most welfare money and keep voting republican, or don't vote because they are too busy laying on the couch.
Its the children who suffer, they should have free schools lunches .

Red States Are Welfare Queens

Sates don't get welfare--people get welfare.

I live in a pretty conservative state, however our cities are mostly all Democrat and that's where the largest populations are.

Cost of Cheapest Obamacare Plans Is Soaring Cost of Cheapest Obamacare Plans Is Soaring - Bloomberg View Libs yelling squirrel again as they pummel the poor and middle class into oblivion forcing them to buy crappy policies they cant afford

2016: The worst year yet for Obamacare penalties
The penalties reach their worst next year, with huge increases coming once again. The per-person charge in 2016 jumps to $695 per adult and $347.50 per child, topping out at a whopping $2,085 per family. The income-based penalty rises to 2.5%.

Not sure how income level figures in all this madness? 2.5% of 84K is about 2K?

Cost of Cheapest Obamacare Plans Is Soaring Cost of Cheapest Obamacare Plans Is Soaring - Bloomberg View Libs yelling squirrel again as they pummel the poor and middle class into oblivion forcing them to buy crappy policies they cant afford

The penalties reach their worst next year, with huge increases coming once again. The per-person charge in 2016 jumps to $695 per adult and $347.50 per child, topping out at a whopping $2,085 per family. The income-based penalty rises to 2.5%.

The only link to back you up is at Fool.Com seriously. Do you have a legit link?
The Motley Fool

The only link to back you up is at Fool.Com seriously. Do you have a legit link?
The Motley Fool

I am looking for better. This one says same.

The Individual Mandate | ObamaCare Watch

Beginning in 2014, the federal government will impose new fines on citizens and legal residents who do not obtain government-approved insurance. Those without insurance will pay a tax that is the greater of a flat fee, or a percentage of family income. The flat fee will be phased in over several years. In 2014, the penalty will be $95 per adult in an uninsured household, increasing to $325 in 2015, then to $695 in 2016, after which it will increase annually in line with consumer inflation. For uninsured children, the fine will be half the amount applied to uninsured adults. If greater, households pay 1 percent of their income in 2014, 2 percent in 2015, and 2.5 percent in 2016 and thereafter in lieu of the flat per person fee.

I really did not want HOMEWORK on SUN morning.

Do they keep track of all your fines until someday you do have Tax refund or property? Do they charge penalties on your penalties + interest!

More GOVT seems to be more complications, rules, regulations, lawyers, un-fairness......on and on.

Do they keep track of all your fines until someday you do have Tax refund or property? Do they charge penalties on your penalties + interest!

More GOVT seems to be more complications, rules, regulations, lawyers, un-fairness......on and on.
IRS has very long memory

The red states suck up the most welfare money and keep voting republican, or don't vote because they are too busy laying on the couch.
Its the children who suffer, they should have free schools lunches .

Sates don't get welfare--people get welfare.

I live in a pretty conservative state, however our cities are mostly all Democrat and that's where the largest populations are.

You know exactly what I meant when I said that the Red States suck up the most welfare.

Map of food stamp usage

http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/1849761-welfare-us-just-facts.html

Forum List

Back