Looking For a Job? Truckers Are Getting Huge Bonuses

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
gettyimages-569109021.jpg

Average pay for truck drivers has risen 17% since 2013, reaching a current record high of $57,000, while U.S. wages overall have risen by less than 4% over the same period. Truckers are also receiving $5,000 sign on bonuses, and amenities such as satellite televisions to make life a bit more comfortable while they’re on the road.

And recently released military personnel can probably get financial aid for attending a driving school.

Story @ Looking For a Job? Truckers Are Getting Huge Bonuses

All in all, not a bad way to make a living.

Sure as hell beats an office job.

My stepson who had been out of work for a year and a half had two job offers in the first week after he completed Truck Driving School in the beginning of summer. He's driving cement trucks local in S. California gaining experience and also has gotten his hazmat license so he can make more down the road. He is in a good place now as compared to feeling like shit when he wasn't working.

My father in law owns a trucking company. They receive a weekly "trucking" magazine with news, laws etc. Last weeks was talking about at some big annual meeting, this guy mentioned auto trucks. They are coming and they are coming fast or something to that effect.

My father in law owns a trucking company. They receive a weekly "trucking" magazine with news, laws etc. Last weeks was talking about at some big annual meeting, this guy mentioned auto trucks. They are coming and they are coming fast or something to that effect.

They are trying self-driving trucks on German Autobahns but I think they require a human pilot.

Forum List

Back