Lose heart = Lose hope

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
'Whatever someone wants, you give it to them,' he said. 'You just do what you're told.'

'Nothing really has meaning to you anymore. Someone tells you "say this" and you say it.

'You just imagine whoever is watching it is smart enough to realise you haven't really got your heart in it.

'Once you lose hope you lose heart.'

Psychologists said Mr Foley and Mr Sotloff would have lost all sense of normality while in isolation.
Dr Chris Lennings, a forensic psychologist with more than 30 years experience, said: 'It's unimaginable to me, the amount of psychological pressure that would have been placed on them... particularly given the softening up process that would have taken place.'

'There would have been beatings, threats, sensory deprivation, all sorts of things would have been done to remove any sense of normality, any standard parameters by which they can judge their behaviour.

Psychology professor Mark Creamer, from the University of Melbourne, said the journalists' isolation from the outside world would have taken a heavy toll.

Read more: Once you lose hope you lose heart... someone tells you say this and you say it Australian terror captive says beheading victims would have been compliant until the very end Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This is just about as bad as it gets and my heart goes out to them for what they suffered before their deaths and for what their poor families are suffering through now.

I hate what John McCain is now but I have always wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt on this issue. And I wish ALL Americans felt that way about Bowe Bergdahl.

We have no idea what these people are put through but, if those we can get them out - they deserve a chance to have their side told.

How about benefit of the doubt for the Ferguson police officer?

I didn't know there is a Ferguson police officer being held captive as a POW in the Middle East.
He's being held captive by the Liberal media and the hound-dog civil rights gurus du jour. Not to mention the hundreds of death threats that he and his family have received. Oh- and now Big Brother and the Holder Company are descending on Ferguson too.

I didn't know there is a Ferguson police officer being held captive as a POW in the Middle East.
He's being held captive by the Liberal media and the hound-dog civil rights gurus du jour. Not to mention the hundreds of death threats that he and his family have received. Oh- and now Big Brother and the Holder Company are descending on Ferguson too.

Comparing this cop, who I believe is currently on paid vacation, with the horrors that these POWs have been through -

C'mon, have a little decency, wouldja?

If you want to start a thread about the cop, have at it. But, please show the respect these poor POWs deserve.

The only POWs you mentioned were John McCain, who you "hate," and Bowe Bergdahl, who you apparently love. Why is that?

'Whatever someone wants, you give it to them,' he said. 'You just do what you're told.'

'Nothing really has meaning to you anymore. Someone tells you "say this" and you say it.

'You just imagine whoever is watching it is smart enough to realise you haven't really got your heart in it.

Psychologists said Mr Foley and Mr Sotloff would have lost all sense of normality while in isolation.
Dr Chris Lennings, a forensic psychologist with more than 30 years experience, said: 'It's unimaginable to me, the amount of psychological pressure that would have been placed on them... particularly given the softening up process that would have taken place.'

'There would have been beatings, threats, sensory deprivation, all sorts of things would have been done to remove any sense of normality, any standard parameters by which they can judge their behaviour.

Psychology professor Mark Creamer, from the University of Melbourne, said the journalists' isolation from the outside world would have taken a heavy toll.

Read more: Once you lose hope you lose heart... someone tells you say this and you say it Australian terror captive says beheading victims would have been compliant until the very end Mail Online

This is just about as bad as it gets and my heart goes out to them for what they suffered before their deaths and for what their poor families are suffering through now.

I hate what John McCain is now but I have always wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt on this issue. And I wish ALL Americans felt that way about Bowe Bergdahl.

We have no idea what these people are put through but, if those we can get them out - they deserve a chance to have their side told.

The only POWs YOU mentioned were McCain and Bergdahl.

Comparing this cop, who I believe is currently on paid vacation, with the horrors that these POWs have been through -

C'mon, have a little decency, wouldja?

If you want to start a thread about the cop, have at it. But, please show the respect these poor POWs deserve.
JWOODIE started it! :(

Ya big bully. :slap:

Read the link.

Look, all you want is to start a fight in the CDZ. No thanks. These people go through hell. That is what this thread is about.

As much as some of you will cry about this police officer, you are just as bad, because in your mind the kid that this cop killed obviously deserved it despite the fact the kid had no weapon and the cop knew he had no weapon.

You ask for more compassion for Bergdahl because of what he went through. No one is upset with him for his actions AFTER he was captured. People are upset with him because of his actions BEFORE he was captured (if the allegations prove true), when he abandoned his post and lives were lost searching for him. BIG difference between what happened to him and what happened to McCain.

As much as some of you will cry about this police officer, you are just as bad, because in your mind the kid that this cop killed obviously deserved it despite the fact the kid had no weapon and the cop knew he had no weapon.
Quite the opposite. Judgement has been passed on the officer with little or no facts revealed. I offer no commentary on the deceased.

Read the link.

Look, all you want is to start a fight in the CDZ. No thanks. These people go through hell. That is what this thread is about.

No, it isn't. Bergdahl was no POW; he deserted his post to join the enemy. Comparing him to other POWs is despicable but not surprising: He is now an anti-war poster child who was illegally ransomed by the release of known terrorists. As such, his image needs to be polished to counter the expected political fallout. Check out Bill Ayers.

Jesus, the rightwingers turned a thread about the captives who were executed into a mockery. Disgusting. Do they think they've achieved anything other than show poor character?

From the article cited in the OP:

This thread is about Mr. Foley and Mr. Sotloff. Anyone who is trying to make it something else is simply illustrating what it means to be of low character. Shameful.

Last edited:
Frankly, I've done the research, and I'm not buy what their selling. ISIS is a creation of the west's intelligence agencies. Mr. Sotloff is a Mossad agent. Mr. Foley works for the CIA and helped get the invasion of Libya started. The American people clearly made their wishes known, they DON'T want an invasion of Syria. They weren't sure who was responsible for that gas attack, and this whole beheading fiasco is suspect. It is why the videos can't be viewed. When they are viewed and analyzed by professionals, they are suspect.

Even if we take it at face value, is it worth the commitment of force? Hell no. If Russian nationals were killed on the streets of Detroit, would that justify Russia invading the US? Nope. If Chinese nationals met their demise in China town down in San Francisco, would that justify China launching and invasion of California? Please.

Folks need to reacquaint themselves with George Washington's farewell address and realize we reap what we sow.

The ISIS Islamic Terrorists are Supported by the US Israel and Saudi Arabia Global Research

Who’s Really Pulling the Strings?
Also on Wednesday, the Jewish Telegraphic Agency – a 97-year old Jewish wire servicereported:

A senior employee of the Dutch Justice Ministry said the jihadist group ISIS was created by Zionists seeking to give Islam a bad reputation.

Yasmina Haifi, a project leader at the ministry’s National Cyber Security Center, made the assertion Wednesday on Twitter, the De Telegraaf daily reported.

“ISIS has nothing to do with Islam. It’s part of a plan by Zionists who are deliberately trying to blacken Islam’s name,” wrote Haifi ….

In March, Haaretz reported:

The Syrian opposition is willing to give up claims to the Golan Heights in return for cash and Israeli military aid against President Bashar Assad, a top opposition official told Al Arab newspaper, according to a report in Al Alam.

Desperate Zionists Fake Another Beheading - Mossad Agent Steven Sotloff - NODISINFO

Jesus, the rightwingers turned a thread about the captives who were executed into a mockery. Disgusting. Do they think they've achieved anything other than show poor character?

From the article cited in the OP:

This thread is about Mr. Foley and Mr. Sotloff. Anyone who is trying to make it something else is simply illustrating what it means to be of low character. Shameful.

"I hate what John McCain is now but I have always wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt on this issue. And I wish ALL Americans felt that way about Bowe Bergdahl."

The bolded quote is from the OP. The "rightwingers" didn't bring him up, the OP did. Try again.

Forum List

Back