LOUIS CK on being White in America

Did the slaves revolt?

Did they overthrow the whites and win their freedom?

Or did whites fight and die for black freedom?

How did blacks achieve the right to vote?

With violent revolution? Or did whites, who had the only right to vote at the time, elect legislators who favored and fought for equality?

Both some whites and blacks played a part.

"Some"? :confused:

The Northern Armies were 95% white.

The 14th Amendment, ratified and adopted by whites.

Those whites didn't have any skin in the game.

It didn't benefit them.

That's overstating it. Securing the rights and the principles envisioned by the founding fathers and enshrined in our most sacred documents certainly benefits ALL Americans.

It didn't benefit them.

That's overstating it. Securing the rights and the principles envisioned by the founding fathers and enshrined in our most sacred documents certainly benefits ALL Americans.

I don't disagree...in a philosophical sense, all Americans benefit.

My meaning is, they personally gained nothing by passing these Amendments and laws.

It didn't make them more free.

In fact, the argument could be made that they were losing something.

Giving up their nearly total monopoly on governmental power.

But they still chose to do what was morally right.

If you are white in America:
You can be burned alive
Beaten to death
Shot in the back
See your baby shot in the head

And the crime will be smoothed over, glossed over and called isolated incidents.

And you are as ever, a lying peice of bigoted shit. These crimes will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

You can be burned alive
Beaten to death
Shot in the back

And the crime will be smoothed over, glossed over and called isolated incidents.

And you are as ever, a lying peice of bigoted shit. These crimes will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Ignored for the most part and called isolated incidents. Just what I said.

If three white guys beat an 85 year old black woman and burned her alive what would happen ? Would the media basically ignore it?

The black population may have a right to be "cranky" but they do not have a right to abandon their children inside the abyss of poverty, fatherlessness, violence and substandard education (i.e. liberal programs).

You are right except for a couple of things.

Not all the black population does those things.

and

Others besides the black population does those things.

It didn't benefit them.

My meaning is, they personally gained nothing by passing these Amendments and laws.

What you can do to one group, you can do to another, just find some sort of reason.

We were finally catching up to the ideals stated in the Declaration of Independence. Those ideals were not that someone with a dark skin was 3/5's of a person. That document stated "all men" and we expanded it to "all citizens".

Remember, when this nation began, only white men, over 21, and property owners, were allowed to vote. Today, all citizens can vote. Jefferson stated that there should be a revolution every generation, and that is the direction our nation has gone. Every generation expanding the rights of citizenship and liberty.

Have we made mistakes? Absolutely. Prohibition of alcohol, and, presently, pot. The way we treated our original citizens, the Native Americans. What we did to the Americans of Japanese ancestory in WW2. But, compared to most of the other large natons of the world, we have done well.

You can be burned alive
Beaten to death
Shot in the back

Ignored for the most part and called isolated incidents. Just what I said.

If three white guys beat an 85 year old black woman and burned her alive what would happen ? Would the media basically ignore it?

When heinious crimes are prosecuted to the full extent of the law, what else is there to say but 'good riddance'? When someone kills a kid in cold blood, and gets away with it, then there is plenty to say. But you bigots will find a way to deny the obvious.

It didn't benefit them.

Thats a bunch of BS. :lol: The didnt want the South to have all the power. They didnt want the south to form their own union Thats why they started declaring new states slave free and went to war.

Last edited:

It didn't benefit them.

They personally gained self respect. By assisting in the Civil Rights movement they made a choice to assist in correcting the wrongs done in the past. Any country that is hypocritical loses influence and respect on the world stage. There you white people go putting on those rose color shades again and rewriting history. Lets just say the truth lies between your recollection of the events and mine. There is a reason King is the most iconic person from that movement.

It didn't benefit them.

Thats a bunch of BS. :lol: The [sic] didn't [sic] want the South to have all the power. They didn't [sic] want the south [sic] to from [sic] their own union [sic] That's [sic] why they started declaring new states slave free [sic] and went to war.

Once again you display your illiteracy and utter ignorance of US history.

Thats a bunch of BS. :lol: The [sic] didn't [sic] want the South to have all the power. They didn't [sic] want the south [sic] to from [sic] their own union [sic] That's [sic] why they started declaring new states slave free [sic] and went to war.

Once again you display your illiteracy and utter ignorance of US history.

Dont be mad spelling Nazi. :lol:

Louis CK explains historical context to Jay Leno - YouTube

Sometimes it takes a white guy to explain this shit

I think CK Louis is pretty funny and he brings up a valid point. The only thing I would add is that I'm not going to take responsibility for other people's ancestors because they happen to be the same color as I am. I'm not saying black people don't have a right to be "cranky". Black people, however, only hurt themselves while being "cranky". A "cranky" black person does not change the white man's world one single bit. Nor does it change the past. Nor does it help the black population. A little "crankiness" is fine but don't expect to get a job or be able to support yourself or have a happy and fulfilling life if "crankiness" is all you have to offer.
Yeah. Stop being cranky and learn your places!

Forum List

Back