LOUIS CK on being White in America

Did the slaves revolt?

Did they overthrow the whites and win their freedom?

Or did whites fight and die for black freedom?

How did blacks achieve the right to vote?

With violent revolution? Or did whites, who had the only right to vote at the time, elect legislators who favored and fought for equality?

Both some whites and blacks played a part. Nat Turner revolted along with the slaves that left the plantation and fought with the North for their freedom. Malcolm X and Martin Luther King were both very instrumental parts of Blacks gaining the right to vote.

I think you mean MOSTLY whites, and some blacks played a part.

Malcolm X and Martin Luther King drew attention to the problem, but it was the white majority that implemented the morally right path to the Voting Rights Act.

The Northern Armies were 95% white.

The 14th Amendment, ratified and adopted by whites.

Those whites didn't have any skin in the game.

It didn't benefit them.

They did it for the sole reason that is was the right thing to do.

If you are white in America:

You can be burned alive
Beaten to death
Shot in the back
See your baby shot in the head

And the crime will be smoothed over, glossed over and called isolated incidents.

Should be printed out by the million and hung in every post office in America.

Thank you Katz.

Last edited:
Did the slaves revolt?

With violent revolution? Or did whites, who had the only right to vote at the time, elect legislators who favored and fought for equality?

Both some whites and blacks played a part. Nat Turner revolted along with the slaves that left the plantation and fought with the North for their freedom. Malcolm X and Martin Luther King were both very instrumental parts of Blacks gaining the right to vote.

Malcolm X and Martin Luther King drew attention to the problem, but it was the white majority that implemented the morally right path to the Voting Rights Act.

It didn't benefit them.

You miss some important points. Freedom would have been a long time coming if it wasnt for political reasons so dont make it seem like most whites wanted to free the slaves. Malcolm X and King gave white america a choice. The easy way or the hard way. Yes there were whites who helped even if it was silent approval but dont make the mistake of thinking Black people just sat passively by hoping for a change.

My favorite comedians: Louis CK, Ellen DeGeneres, Dennis Miller, Lewis Black, depending on my mood.

Independents just like to laugh, we don't pigeon-hole the comedian. Kinda defeats the point.

Mine:

Lewis Black, Ron White, Dennis Miller, Jerry Seinfeld, Bo Burnham, and Larry the Cable Guy.

I look to none of them for my political opinions.

If isn't easy or fair. Blacks would do a lot better giving up the victim mindset and working hard.

Show me where or what is holding them back??? Saying something doesn't make it so.

We dont have to show you anything. I know I already explained it to you. Like it or lump it. Makes no difference to me.

It didn't benefit them.

You miss some important points. Freedom would have been a long time coming if it wasnt for political reasons so dont make it seem like most whites wanted to free the slaves. Malcolm X and King gave white america a choice. The easy way or the hard way. Yes there were whites who helped even if it was silent approval but dont make the mistake of thinking Black people just sat passively by hoping for a change.

Are you refuting anything I posted?

Union Army overwhelmingly white.

14th Amendment (1868) written, ratified and adopted by whites.

How many black congressmen were there to vote on the Civil Rights Act of 1957.

How about the Civil Rights Act of 1960?

How about the Civil Rights Act of 1964?

Or the Voting Rights Act of 1968?

The answer is...six.

The other 327 votes in the House and 77 in the Senate (Voting Rights Act totals) were cast by whites.

Are you getting my point?

Slavery was morally wrong.

Some whites owned slaves, but other whites worked on the side of freedom and equality.

And in the 20th Century, a white majority chose legislators who enshrined the will of the people into laws that protected the rights and freedoms of all Americans.

Last edited:

It didn't benefit them.

Are you refuting anything I posted?

Union Army overwhelmingly white.

14th Amendment (1868) written, ratified and adopted by whites.

How many black congressmen were there to vote on the Civil Rights Act of 1957.

How about the Civil Rights Act of 1960?

How about the Civil Rights Act of 1964?

Or the Voting Rights Act of 1968?

The answer is...six.

The other 327 votes in the House and 77 in the Senate (Voting Rights Act totals) were cast by whites.

Are you getting my point?

Slavery was morally wrong.

Some whites owned slaves, but other whites worked on the side of freedom and equality.

And in the 20th Century, a white majority chose legislators who enshrined the will of the people into laws that protected the rights and freedoms of all Americans.

Not really interested in refuting the above questions. I was addressing your first quote where you tried and failed to give whites all the credit for freeing blacks and blacks getting the right to vote.

Did the slaves revolt?

The slaves revolted. They fought in the civil war. They placed white america on notice that they were going to become 1rst class citizens and exercise their right to vote.

Not really interested in refuting the above questions.

Well, of course you're not.

There is no refutation.

Those are the facts.

It's a hard pill to swallow, but it is the truth.

When the South rose up against the Union in rebellion, they were crushed.

They didn't just put the North "on notice", they ACTED...and they were defeated, and the carpetbaggers moved in and reconstruction was the order of the day.

That is EXACTLY what would have happened to the blacks, so the "on notice" argument? That dog won't hunt.

Whites get the credit, because they did it...they did what was right, not under threat, but because it was the right thing to do.

I wouldn't be interested in refuting the truth either.

Last edited:
Not really interested in refuting the above questions.

Well, of course you're not.

There is no refutation.

Those are the facts.

It's a hard pill to swallow, but it is the truth.

When the South rose up against the Union in rebellion, they were crushed.

They didn't just put the North "on notice", they ACTED...and they were defeated, and the carpetbaggers moved in and reconstruction was the order of the day.

That is EXACTLY what would have happened to the blacks, so the "on notice" argument? That dog won't hunt.

Whites get the credit, because they did it...they did what was right, not under threat, but because it was the right thing to do.

I wouldn't be interested in refuting the truth either.

Again you are in error. The went to war to preserve the Union. Abolishing slavery just weakened the South so they could never rise again. it wasnt done out of the goodness of whites hearts. At least not all of them. Whites do get some credit. That I am not disputing. I take issue with the premise Blacks just sat back and should be kissing white peoples asses. Malcolm X and King gave white america a clear choice. The easy way or the hard way. white america was smart enough to do it the easy way.

Here's a hint for you:

He's a comedian. He doesn't have to say anything truthful, or fact based.

You're welcome.

Here's a hint for you: Who is Mark Twain, Will Rogers or H. L. Mencken?

Get back to us with your findings.

You are welcome.

Ironically, he represents the ultimate racist view that Blacks need more time to become as civilized as Whites.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZCDYAy1rJM]Glenn Beck interviews Malik Shabazz of the New Black Panther Party - YouTube[/ame]

Conservatives think the fatso "get er done" idiot is funny, whatever that guys name is. When it comes to laughing at southern whites, I'm more of a Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, because I like laughing AT them.

Forum List

Back