Louisiana Ten Commandments law

Should thShould this Ten Commandments law spread to other States?

• Yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State.

Upon my arrival in the United States, the religious aspect of the country was the first thing that struck my attention; and the longer I stayed there the more did I perceive the great political consequences resulting from this state of things, to which I was unaccustomed. In France I had almost always seen the spirit of religion and the spirit of freedom pursuing courses diametrically opposed to each other; but in America I found that they were intimately united, and that they reigned in common over the same country. My desire to discover the causes of this phenomenon increased from day to day. In order to satisfy it I questioned the members of all the different sects; and I more especially sought the society of the clergy, who are the depositaries of the different persuasions, and who are more especially interested in their duration. As a member of the Roman Catholic Church I was more particularly brought into contact with several of its priests, with whom I became intimately acquainted. To each of these men I expressed my astonishment and I explained my doubts; I found that they differed upon matters of detail alone; and that they mainly attributed the peaceful dominion of religion in their country to the separation of Church and State. I do not hesitate to affirm that during my stay in America I did not meet with a single individual, of the clergy or of the laity, who was not of the same opinion upon this point.

Democracy in America, Chapter 17

We were warned early in our nation's history of what happens to countries which do not keep the state and religion separate.

The unbelievers of Europe attack the Christians as their political opponents rather than as their religious adversaries; they hate the Christian religion as the opinion of a party much more than as an error of belief; and they reject the clergy less because they are the representatives of the Deity than because they are the allies of government.

In Europe, Christianity has been intimately united to the powers of the earth. Those powers are now in decay, and it is, as it were, buried under their ruins. The living body of religion has been bound down to the dead corpse of superannuated polity; cut but the bonds that restrain it, and it will rise once more. I do not know what could restore the Christian church of Europe to the energy of its earlier days; that power belongs to God alone; but it may be for human policy to leave to faith the full exercise of the strength which it still retains.

Democracy in America, Chapter 17

Think about that as a political party cheers, celebrates, and nominates a man who boasts of his adultery. Who steals from cancer kids. Who brags about coveting other men's wives. Who bears false witness against even members of his own party.

Think real, real hard about that.

That is how God is being killed off.

Satan is devious. Very devious.

you just typing words on a page doesnt make it true,,
I just proved it. I showed you the Danbury Baptist letter, dipshit.

I showed you a contemporary account of the separation.

I showed you a contemporary warning of what happens when you tear down that wall.

What do you have? Fuck-all.

Loser.

I just proved it. I showed you the Danbury Baptist letter, dipshit.

I showed you a contemporary account of the separation.

I showed you a contemporary warning of what happens when you tear down that wall.

What do you have? Fuck-all.

Loser.
just because some people had an opinion doesnt mean its part of our laws,,

No need to get hysterical. It's only a plaque or a poster. Lightning isn't going to flash out and destroy democrats. Aren't there bigger issues in the Country to worry about?

Forum List

Back