Louisiana's most visited plantation removes sign declaring slaves were 'happy & well taken care of'

11231660-6830203-image-a-27_1553093024818.jpg

An official sign declaring that slaves were 'well taken-care of and happy' at Louisiana's most-visited historical site - a former cotton plantation - has been taken down.

It's unclear how long the sign was up at the state-owned and operated Rosedown Plantation, which sits on 374 acres in St. Francisville.

It was on display in the plantation's detached kitchen as part of an exhibit called 'Slave Life at Rosedown.'

About 850 people had been enslaved there before the outbreak of the Civil War, including newborn babies and the elderly. The sign said they lived in 'prettily built and very comfortable' cabins, where they were awoken at 4am, and had 'a natural musical instinct' that was showcased at Christmas.

11231652-6830203-image-a-28_1553093066137.jpg

It goes on...

Source: Louisiana-owned plantation removes sign about 'happy' slaves | Daily Mail Online

My question is...why are so many whites so delusional about the worst thing that happened in America, and America's original sin?

Oh this is DIRECTLY out of the Cult of the Lost Cause Revisionism propaganda.

Same fantasy that set up all those statues and monuments under fire.

How many Americans were you thinking of? I never met a single white person or ever heard of one that thought slavery was anything but an evil American institution we still suffer repercussions from.

There were certainly less whites, and Americans of all sorts, who thought slavery was okay than pro choice leftists who think the lives of small helpless children are of no importance and legally theirs to do with whatever they wish which is precisely, ironically, the slave holders view of their slave's lives. They belonged to the slave masters.

They were less than human, not legally recognized with rights... they were expendable...just like the unborn.

Do leftists acknowledge the link between the moral catastrophe of slavery and it's contemporary great American twin evil brought to us by the left wing pro choice machine?

And just like that here's post two, the Lost Cause Cult sending its minions to deflect onto something else to take off the spotlight.

Predictable.

RepubliKlans are now the main proponents of Lost Cause

An official sign declaring that slaves were 'well taken-care of and happy' at Louisiana's most-visited historical site - a former cotton plantation - has been taken down.

It's unclear how long the sign was up at the state-owned and operated Rosedown Plantation, which sits on 374 acres in St. Francisville.

It was on display in the plantation's detached kitchen as part of an exhibit called 'Slave Life at Rosedown.'

About 850 people had been enslaved there before the outbreak of the Civil War, including newborn babies and the elderly. The sign said they lived in 'prettily built and very comfortable' cabins, where they were awoken at 4am, and had 'a natural musical instinct' that was showcased at Christmas.

It goes on...

Source: Louisiana-owned plantation removes sign about 'happy' slaves | Daily Mail Online

My question is...why are so many whites so delusional about the worst thing that happened in America, and America's original sin?

How many Americans were you thinking of? I never met a single white person or ever heard of one that thought slavery was anything but an evil American institution we still suffer repercussions from.

There were certainly less whites, and Americans of all sorts, who thought slavery was okay than pro choice leftists who think the lives of small helpless children are of no importance and legally theirs to do with whatever they wish which is precisely, ironically, the slave holders view of their slave's lives. They belonged to the slave masters.

They were less than human, not legally recognized with rights... they were expendable...just like the unborn.

Do leftists acknowledge the link between the moral catastrophe of slavery and it's contemporary great American twin evil brought to us by the left wing pro choice machine?

And just like that here's post two, the Lost Cause Cult sending its minions to deflect onto something else to take off the spotlight.

Predictable.

For many decades, the South was far Left. They voted overwhelmingly for Wilson and FDR, and the extreme programs. And during that time, they didn't go out of their way to try and denigrate the Southern people.

It was only after the South rejected their continued presence on the Democrat Plantation, that the libs decided to destroy the south's history.

Strictly speaking, all the slave owners as well as slaves died a long ass time ago.

I don't know how well or ill we Poles treated our slaves, and I don't know how well or ill the Southerners treated their slaves. I suppose it varied like people today

You monstrosusly profound idiot. At no time in HISTORY has the American South EVER been "far left". It's been hyperconservative until fairly recently, when it's slowly migrating into only seriously conservative.

Voting for Democrats doesn't mean "far-left", MORON. It means for a hundred years it wasn't going to be associated with the "party of Lincoln", no matter what. Nor has the Democratic party ever been "far-left" anyway, especially in the 19th century.

Holy SHIT you're a stupid FUCK.

FDR was extreme left, and the south supported him overwhelmingly. Ditto with President Wilson

I see you use your ignorance like a shovel to dig even deeper.

Wilson was a racist asshole, a total conservative. You know NOTHING about this country's history. And when I say "nothing" I'm exaggerating.

Wilson was a globalist and his wife was one also and an extreme feminist.

It goes on...

I don't know any that are.

I think a better question is, why are you delusional, that you think your life is now any better off?

66 people have been killed in Chicago since the start of the year, and by far most were black. Name the person who is now better off in life, because of this all important removal of a sign? Name the person who didn't die in black-on-black violence, because of this super important event in Louisiana?

I don't know how you view yourself MarcATL, but when I see the threads you start, by far I find myself feeling only pity... I'm watching someone literally wasting his life to accomplish nothing.
What does one have to do with the other?
There was violence in the 1860s
Mostly white on white

Predictable.

For many decades, the South was far Left. They voted overwhelmingly for Wilson and FDR, and the extreme programs. And during that time, they didn't go out of their way to try and denigrate the Southern people.

It was only after the South rejected their continued presence on the Democrat Plantation, that the libs decided to destroy the south's history.

Strictly speaking, all the slave owners as well as slaves died a long ass time ago.

I don't know how well or ill we Poles treated our slaves, and I don't know how well or ill the Southerners treated their slaves. I suppose it varied like people today

You monstrosusly profound idiot. At no time in HISTORY has the American South EVER been "far left". It's been hyperconservative until fairly recently, when it's slowly migrating into only seriously conservative.

Voting for Democrats doesn't mean "far-left", MORON. It means for a hundred years it wasn't going to be associated with the "party of Lincoln", no matter what. Nor has the Democratic party ever been "far-left" anyway, especially in the 19th century.

FDR was extreme left, and the south supported him overwhelmingly. Ditto with President Wilson

Wilson was a racist asshole, a total conservative. You know NOTHING about this country's history. And when I say "nothing" I'm exaggerating.

Wilson was anti feminist
He put them in jail

It goes on...

Predictable.

Why are so many black people roiting for justice in towns to run by democrats?

It goes on...

Predictable.

Every group in history puts the best possible spin on their antecedents' actions. Why is this such a sin for Southern Americans, but not for Islamonazis, example given? Muslims glorify their history and admit to no wrong at all, even during their atrocities documented in history like 9/11, the invasion of Spain or the slaughter of innocent New Zealanders at Gallipoli?

Wilson was anti feminist
He put them in jail
Wilson was a sick man. His wife had a lot of power. Wilson was a globalist who gave us the Federal Reserve Act, The federal income tax and the Federal Senators elected by the general population then the state legislatures. The income tax was not supposed to go above a certain percentage and was intended for the rich, but hey! Wilson was a major voice in the 19th amendment. The Republic died in his administration.

Wilson was anti feminist
He put them in jail

During the Reign of Wilson, most broads were militantly opposed to booze and in favor of prohibition. The leading feminist was Carrie Nation, and the liberals were "wet"

Wilson was anti feminist
He put them in jail
Wilson was a sick man. His wife had a lot of power. Wilson was a globalist who gave us the Federal Reserve Act, The federal income tax and the Federal Senators elected by the general population then the state legislatures. The income tax was not supposed to go above a certain percentage and was intended for the rich, but hey! Wilson was a major voice in the 19th amendment. The Republic died in his administration.

Wilson had a stroke and his wife covered for him in the last months of his presidency

Wilson did some great things with income tax, Federal Reserve and 19th amendment. Put us on firm financial footing

He also provided firm leadership in WWI and with the League of Nations

On Civil Rights, labor laws and Women’s suffrage he set us back

A great, but flawed presidency

It goes on...

Lol
No one thinks slavery was/is a good thing, and you do realize the original slave owners in this country where my ancestors American Indians. Your political correctness makes you fucking retarded

Wilson was anti feminist
He put them in jail

During the Reign of Wilson, most broads were militantly opposed to booze and in favor of prohibition. The leading feminist was Carrie Nation, and the liberals were "wet"

Wrong again
Carrie Nation was a Prohibitionist and not a leading feminist

Susan B Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton were the leading suffragettes

Wilson was anti feminist
He put them in jail

Wilson had a stroke and his wife covered for him in the last months of his presidency

Wilson did some great things with income tax, Federal Reserve and 19th amendment. Put us on firm financial footing

Woodrow Wilson was a fucking piece of shit...

Wilson was anti feminist
He put them in jail

One of our first modern Presidents along with TR and FDR led us to the path of a modern democracy

Wilson was anti feminist
He put them in jail

One of our first modern Presidents along with TR and FDR led us to the path of a modern democracy
This is supposed to be a republic not a shit eating democracy

Wilson was anti feminist
He put them in jail

This is supposed to be a republic not a shit eating democracy
Republics are democracies too

Forum List

Back