Louisiana's most visited plantation removes sign declaring slaves were 'happy & well taken care of'

Most people would enjoy slavery. They only long for a just and generous master.

Imagine to be provided housing, clothing, medical care, food, a guaranteed job. The evils of competition and the destruction of meritocracy don't exist. The master is the sole provider of the necessities of life.

Is this slavery or liberalism? It's the same thing.
Holy God! I can't even begin to state what is so disgustingly wrong with this! Women were repeatedly raped by their owners. Many women were made to bear children over and over so that they could be sold to other slave owners. Their housing was four walls and maybe some slats to sleep on.

And does this look like someone who should have been happy to be a slave?

81451cfdf4a21cd02f03860199b5e657--mans-this-man.jpg

Slaves_in_chains_grayscale.png

I always thought you were heartless, but this is even worse that I could imagine.

Imagine to be provided housing, clothing, medical care, food, a guaranteed job. The evils of competition and the destruction of meritocracy don't exist. The master is the sole provider of the necessities of life.

Holy God! I can't even begin to state what is so disgustingly wrong with this! Women were repeatedly raped by their owners. Many women were made to bear children over and over so that they could be sold to other slave owners. Their housing was four walls and maybe some slats to sleep on.

I always thought you were heartless, but this is even worse that I could imagine.
Nobody is defending slavery but most slavery was likely not what you described. An animal owner who treats their pets that way not get the desired results. There needs to be reward.
But that doesn’t jibe with the left wing narrative.

Democrats are still trying to tell blacks they’ll be happier with them making all the decisions.
Trump is giving them a path to opportunity and prosperity.

No he’s not. He’s offering crumbs from the table, not real opportunity. The whites get the “good” jobs. No AA. No level playing field. The blacks can do the low wage, low education jobs because white America isn’t paying to educate black kids. The jobs the illegals are doing now for less than minimum wage.

Tipsy is a Russian troll.

Nobody is defending slavery but most slavery was likely not what you described. An animal owner who treats their pets that way not get the desired results. There needs to be reward.

The treatment of slaves in the United States varied by time and place, but was generally brutal and degrading. Whipping and sexual abuse, including rape, were common. The mistreatment of slaves frequently included rape and the sexual abuse of women. The sexual abuse of slaves was partially rooted in historical Southern culture and its view of the enslaved as property

Slave breeding was the attempt by a slave-owner to influence the reproduction of his slaves for profit. It included forced sexual relations between male and female slaves, encouraging slave pregnancies, sexual relations between master and slave to produce slave children and favoring female slaves who had many children.

Treatment of slaves in the United States - Wikipedia

Thanks for that info. I was told by someone that she was originally Katzendogs and was a far fringe lunatic.

11231660-6830203-image-a-27_1553093024818.jpg

An official sign declaring that slaves were 'well taken-care of and happy' at Louisiana's most-visited historical site - a former cotton plantation - has been taken down.

It's unclear how long the sign was up at the state-owned and operated Rosedown Plantation, which sits on 374 acres in St. Francisville.

It was on display in the plantation's detached kitchen as part of an exhibit called 'Slave Life at Rosedown.'

About 850 people had been enslaved there before the outbreak of the Civil War, including newborn babies and the elderly. The sign said they lived in 'prettily built and very comfortable' cabins, where they were awoken at 4am, and had 'a natural musical instinct' that was showcased at Christmas.

11231652-6830203-image-a-28_1553093066137.jpg

It goes on...

Source: Louisiana-owned plantation removes sign about 'happy' slaves | Daily Mail Online

My question is...why are so many whites so delusional about the worst thing that happened in America, and America's original sin?
I can't believe a sign like that still exists. "Happy and well taken care of" my ass.

An official sign declaring that slaves were 'well taken-care of and happy' at Louisiana's most-visited historical site - a former cotton plantation - has been taken down.

It's unclear how long the sign was up at the state-owned and operated Rosedown Plantation, which sits on 374 acres in St. Francisville.

It was on display in the plantation's detached kitchen as part of an exhibit called 'Slave Life at Rosedown.'

About 850 people had been enslaved there before the outbreak of the Civil War, including newborn babies and the elderly. The sign said they lived in 'prettily built and very comfortable' cabins, where they were awoken at 4am, and had 'a natural musical instinct' that was showcased at Christmas.

It goes on...

Source: Louisiana-owned plantation removes sign about 'happy' slaves | Daily Mail Online

My question is...why are so many whites so delusional about the worst thing that happened in America, and America's original sin?
I can't believe a sign that still exists. "Happy and well taken care of" my ass.
I liked the “natural musical instinct”
Sounds like a lead in to a minstrel show

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK

They were socially and legally given the rights of animals and were treated no better. The owners were terrified of slave rebellion and black slaves having sexual relations with white females.
White slaveowners breeding with black female slaves was perfectly acceptable

It goes on...

Let's clear out your delusion first... It was Democrat's, not America's original sin.
Democrats in that day, were the modern day Republican party today.

It goes on...

Let's clear out your delusion first... It was Democrat's, not America's original sin.
Lol there was never a change.. wouldn’t the south today be extremely racist if that was true? All cries of racial oppression only comes from towns run by Democrats

It goes on...

Lol there was never a change.. wouldn’t the south today be extremely racist if that was true? All cries of racial oppression only comes from towns run by Democrats

The racist deplorables now belong to the RepubliKlan Party

It's slavery. We're they free to go and come as they pleased? No! We're they afraid of rape, murder, torture, and being over worked? The answer is yes. They had zero rights to make decisions for themselves. Your excuse is asinine, and reveals the devil of inhumanity in your answer. You should take a long look at yourself. Who are you? You don't own dominion over others. And why should you?

It goes on...

Too bad their own people sold them into slavery.

It goes on...

You can learn a lot from history books. Pick one up sometime.

It goes on...

What's that got to do with anything? It still leaves out answering the question, "who are you?"

It goes on...

What's that got to do with anything?
Where does reality live in a libstains head?

Thanks for that info. I was told by someone that she was originally Katzendogs and was a far fringe lunatic.
So. Your complaint against slavery is that the master was cruel and unjust.

You verify the truth of what I said. Slavery is the natural state of the liberal. You only want a just and generous master.

It goes on...

Actually, they didn’t

All the slaves on that plantation were born here

Forum List

Back