Louisiana's Ten Commandments Law Signals a Broader Christian Agenda

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
‘Gov. Jeff Landry wants his state to be at the forefront of a national movement to advance legislation with a Christian worldview.

The crowd at Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School in Lafayette, La., applauded Gov. Jeff Landry as he signed bill after bill this week on public education in the state, making it clear he believed God was guiding his hand.

One new law requires that transgender students be addressed by the pronouns for the gender on their birth certificates (“God gives us our mark,” he said). Another allows public schools to employ chaplains (“a great step for expanding faith in public schools”).

Then he signed into law a mandate that the Ten Commandments be hung in every public classroom, demonstrating a new willingness for Louisiana to go where other states have not. Last month, Louisiana also became the first state to classify abortion pills as dangerous controlled substances.

“We don’t quit,” Mr. Landry, a Republican, said at the signing ceremony.

Taken together, the measures have signaled the ambition of the governor and the Republican-led Legislature to be at the forefront of a growing national movement to create and interpret laws according to a particular conservative Christian worldview. And Mr. Landry, a Catholic who has been vocal about his faith’s influence in shaping his politics, wants to lead the charge.'

That agenda of course is one hostile to settled, accepted Establishment Clause jurisprudence and the Framers’ mandate that church and state remain separate.

And legal challenges will of course be futile, with cases ultimately coming before a Supreme Court dominated by conservative ideologues likewise hostile to settled, accepted Establishment Clause jurisprudence and the Framers’ mandate that church and state remain separate.

Christianity believes in peace, love and tranquility. Being kind is expected. Still, Democrats are afraid and disgusted by Christianity. It just seems like Democrats are wasting far too much time fighting against good, or like Warren Zevon said, "What's so funny about peace love and understanding"? Back to the sanity of MAGA.

Christianity believes in peace, love and tranquility. Being kind is expected. Still, Democrats are afraid and disgusted by Christianity. It just seems like Democrats are wasting far too much time fighting against good, or like Warren Zevon said, "What's so funny about peace love and understanding"? Back to the sanity of MAGA.
Liberal democrats are demons. They are slaves to Satan the devil. They will cuss, cuss, cuss; just use all kind of profanity because they are wicked and headed to hell. They are "God haters" they hate all of the goodness God stands for. They are people of darkness. You are right, they fight against good. There is no light/truth in them. They are of their father the Devil.

\\then why do we have this saying...no greater hate than christian love?

This Supreme Court, dominated by blind partisan conservative ideologues, has already demonstrated its contempt for settled, accepted precedent with its reckless, irresponsible Dobbs decision.

It’s perfectly reasonable and appropriate to expect the Court’s conservative ideologues to likewise have contempt for settled, accepted Establishment Clause precedent.

We are not going to love sin - God has told us to hate sin!
Sin is of Satan the Devil.

People want to serve everyone their sin on a silver platter, and we Christian believers reject it. We stand firm with God in our love for God. Understand that.

That saying must have come out of the book, "Quotable quotes from the valley of the shadow of death". Anyway, how do we know the appropriated money just won't be stolen by the Democrats and neocon robber barons? That's what appears to have happened with the Democrats 42.5 billion dollar broadband appropriation. You could use some peace, love and tranquility, Qdog. MAGA

Last edited:
this is the same gov who denied federal funds to feed kids

what a great Christian ...let the kids starve
Louisiana is rejecting democrat's demonic bribery. There is nothing the dems do that is ever good.

Louisiana has enough tax dollars to take good care of the children in their own state very well. They don't need a tacky liberal noose around their neck in the form of a disgusting feed the kids program.

Louisiana is rejecting democrat's demonic bribery. There is nothing the dems do that is ever good.

Louisiana has enough tax dollars to take good care of the children in their own state very well. They don't need a tacky liberal noose around their neck in the form of a disgusting feed the kids program.
I am sure this is what Jesus would do...

how dare you feed hungry kids.. when you can pretend to support the 10 commandments why ignoring what they say

Those federal programs always come with nasty little totalitarian surprises attached.

There's nothing Christian or Christ like about this.

This is straight up fascist Christian nationalism.

The broader agenda of the Christo-fascist right, of course, is to conjoin church and state, codify religious dogma into secular law, and to use religion to ‘justify’ discriminatory practices in education, employment and overall public policy.
It really is a good thing though that they are embracing these backwards beliefs more openly. Going hard for religion as more and more people are moving away from it is really the political strategy we should want these dumb Bingos to embrace. :laugh:

The broader agenda of the Christo-fascist right, of course, is to conjoin church and state, codify religious dogma into secular law, and to use religion to ‘justify’ discriminatory practices in education, employment and overall public policy.
Pretty much exactly what the left has already done with PC doctrine and pronoun dictatorship.

There is no lack of religion on the left, it simply does not recognize a higher power.

‘Gov. Jeff Landry wants his state to be at the forefront of a national movement to advance legislation with a Christian worldview.

The crowd at Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School in Lafayette, La., applauded Gov. Jeff Landry as he signed bill after bill this week on public education in the state, making it clear he believed God was guiding his hand.

One new law requires that transgender students be addressed by the pronouns for the gender on their birth certificates (“God gives us our mark,” he said). Another allows public schools to employ chaplains (“a great step for expanding faith in public schools”).

Then he signed into law a mandate that the Ten Commandments be hung in every public classroom, demonstrating a new willingness for Louisiana to go where other states have not. Last month, Louisiana also became the first state to classify abortion pills as dangerous controlled substances.

“We don’t quit,” Mr. Landry, a Republican, said at the signing ceremony.

Taken together, the measures have signaled the ambition of the governor and the Republican-led Legislature to be at the forefront of a growing national movement to create and interpret laws according to a particular conservative Christian worldview. And Mr. Landry, a Catholic who has been vocal about his faith’s influence in shaping his politics, wants to lead the charge.'

That agenda of course is one hostile to settled, accepted Establishment Clause jurisprudence and the Framers’ mandate that church and state remain separate.

And legal challenges will of course be futile, with cases ultimately coming before a Supreme Court dominated by conservative ideologues likewise hostile to settled, accepted Establishment Clause jurisprudence and the Framers’ mandate that church and state remain separate.

The only thing I agree with here is the pronouns. Meaning, no one else should be able to control my speech because their feelings are hurt....but even there, I wouldn't go as far as he did. IOW, I have a right not to call a "he" a "she" but people should be allowed to do so if they want. Does this even need legislating?

I'm disappointed that conservatives think this is a great idea. It's not a great idea. It's not the way to influence people toward Christianity, first. Second, it's not even effective. We don't even have the 10 commandments posted in my church. What's that supposed to do? Don't covet your neighbor's wife? Um. These are kids?

The only thing I agree with here is the pronouns. Meaning, no one else should be able to control my speech because their feelings are hurt....but even there, I wouldn't go as far as he did. IOW, I have a right not to call a "he" a "she" but people should be allowed to do so if they want. Does this even need legislating?

I'm disappointed that conservatives think this is a great idea. It's not a great idea. It's not the way to influence people toward Christianity, first. Second, it's not even effective. We don't even have the 10 commandments posted in my church. What's that supposed to do? Don't covet your neighbor's wife? Um. These are kids
As a Christian I don't have a dog in this issue. I'm wondering if a teacher teaching these is subject to reprimand or suspension though. Where is the line crossed?

This nonsense about the ten commandments is predicated on the false, dishonest, wrongheaded notion that exposing children and young adults to religious dogma will somehow ‘prevent’ teen pregnancy, drug abuse, and other social ills.

What’s particularly reprehensible is that the state wastes time and resources on this nonsense while refusing to take constructive action to improve public education – Louisiana will remain among the worst states in the country concerning public education, with far too many of its residents ignorant, poorly educated, and incapable of self-sufficiency.

As a Christian I don't have a dog in this issue. I'm wondering if a teacher teaching these is subject to reprimand or suspension though. Where is the line crossed?
Religion is always present be it state or non state. The state version is godless but is religion nonetheless. As such it demands devotion and offers punishment for non-conforming
members.

Forum List

Back