Lumber Prices Collapse 40% in June.

The Banker

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2017
Boston
In a pathetic attempt to attack Biden, trumpers have been crying about an increase in lumber, trying to blame Biden for the increase.

Because inflation is transitory lumber prices have imploded. Prices were in a bubble and now they have corrected dropping massively.

Biden's economy is so strong and will not be derailed by lumber.

In 2022 inflation will be a nonissue and the economy will still be booming like never before.

I predict Biden will have the best first 24 months in US history.

Last edited:
In a pathetic attempt to attack Biden, trumpers have been crying about an increase in lumber, trying to blame Biden for the increase.

Because inflation is transitory lumber prices have imploded. Prices were in a bubble and now they have corrected dropping massively.

Biden's economy is so string and will not be berailed by lumber.

In 2022 inflation will be a nonissue and the economy will still be booming like never before.

lumber futures are not the same thing as the price of lumber at Home Depot o_O

Gas is still near $4.00 in many places around the country.

Groceries are still through the roof.

The prices for used cars are bordering the absurd.

Nice try at the cherry pick, Karl.
Reminds me of you guys in 2015.

We said look at the great stock market under Obama. You cherry picked and said yea but growth is under 3% growth. But in 2019 we said look at growth it’s under 3% and you said yea but look at the stock market

• Banned

they are directly related... duh

We said look at the great stock market under Obama. You cherry picked and said yea but growth is under 3% growth. But in 2019 we said look at growth it’s under 3% and you said yea but look at the stock market
The "great stock market" was because the Fed pumped over $4 trillion of fake value into it, idjit.

Hence, the portfolios of the uber-wealthy (whom nose pickers like you claim to hate) swelled, while the anemic growth was handed to Main Street.

• Banned

Trumpers are ill right now!
I love watching them squirm.

They hate that Biden is better than Trump.
They hate that America is booming under Biden when it sucked under Trump.

What is the reason for this though? If it's a demand issue that might not be a positive result. It may just be cyclical.

Cupcake what good do futures do the person buying physical wood at the lumber yard today and tomorrow?

TIA!

The "great stock market" was because the Fed pumped over $4 trillion of fake value into it, idjit.

Hence, the portfolios of the uber-wealthy (whom nose pickers like you claim to hate) swelled, while the anemic growth was handed to Main Street.
And you think republicans or trump care about main street?

That is good news and thanks. Now take the political 2 by 4 stuck in your ass and enjoy the news

I guess it depends on what you think of as "best". I beg to differ with your prediction for 2022. The ONLY way the Ds retain the House will be through manipulating the electoral process. These audits will be viciously mocked and ridiculed but the data will show HOW the cheating was done. The Ds can't run away from election reforms in red states forever.

And you think republicans or trump care about main street?
Trump isn't the subject, moonbat.

lumber futures are not the same thing as the price of lumber at Home Depot

You are right from several different perspectives:

1. The 'futures' pricing is for lumber to be delivered.....you guessed it, in the future. It's traded at Chicago at the BOT. The commodities page of your WSJ will give you some pricing info.
2. Whereas the lumber in the racks at HD are no longer 'futured'......HD went long on 'em. They bought and took delivery. At the price at the time of the strike-price.
3. Unless that particular HD store does a huge business in big builder construction (rare for HD's).......they will likely leave pricing for a few days or maybe a week at their LIFO pricing level.....meaning, what they paid for that last 2x12 delivered to their dock is what they'll try to charge for it (with mark-up). Generally, as futures prices drop a big box store can get away with a slow mark-down for a period of time as mostly they sell to small contractors and DIY'rs who ain't as sensitive to lumber pricing.
4. However, market pressures (i.e. competitors --Lowe's, and large builder-focused yards) may move prices down quicker --- forcing HD to react.
5. Then you will see the local HD manager, in consult with his regional lumber buyer, do a 'mark-to-market' for his inventory. Meaning, he will eat the 40% drop because he is 'long' on his inventory, he owns stuff that is going down in price.......and his customers have the option of going to another yard that has already marked their retail price to follow the market down.

That's it in a big friggin' nutshell.

We can do corn and soybeans next. I'm cool with them too.
But know next to nothing about cotton, peanuts, and pork-bellies.

they are directly related... duh

No, one is what people actually pay and they other is what people think that they might have to pay at some point in the future.

Trumpers are ill right now!
I love watching them squirm.

They hate that Biden is better than Trump.
They hate that America is booming under Biden when it sucked under Trump.
Exactly what did Pedo Joe do to lower lumber futures? Link us to his exact action that did that.

Forum List

Back