Madonna should be arrested for making terrorist threat to "blow up the White House"

Maybe she really said,

"Yes, I'm angry. Yes, I am outraged. Yes, I have thought an awful lot of blowing up. The White House, but I know that this won't change anything."

See, it could just be poor delivery on bad punctuation and grammar. Not a Federal crime.
if she had threatened to blow up all of hillarys cath bags, her approval ratings would of gone up 10%

This should not be tolerated.

Wrong, not unless she has acted towards that end. Giving something thought, is not a crime.

I wonder if people get arrested for bomb/blowing up threat on schools, airports, court houses...etc....

Guess you don't know the difference between a "bomb threat" and a "bomb think". Pull your head out child.

now the left will start bringing up silly threats of the past and compare them to Madonnas,,,yah, I dont recall any conservative threatening to blow up a government building,,,but do recall at least one democrat from Chicago that either did, or thought about doing it.

maybe madonna meant blowing it up as if it was a baloon?

Well she is very oral. LOL Didn't she promise to blow hildabitch voters?
for all we know, next week she will threaten to blow up the state of texas because most of them voted for Trump.

That would be a tad larger undertaking than just the WH.
well, maybe rhode island then,,,that shouldnt be too hard.

Wrong, not unless she has acted towards that end. Giving something thought, is not a crime.

I wonder if people get arrested for bomb/blowing up threat on schools, airports, court houses...etc....

Guess you don't know the difference between a "bomb threat" and a "bomb think". Pull your head out child.

So, if I went in front of the courthouse - it is a free speech zone - and started yelling around into a megaphone "I am thinking of blowing up the Federal Building in downtown but it wouldn't change anything about the rapid growth of the government" what would be the reaction to it?

So, if I went in front of the courthouse - it is a free speech zone - and started yelling around into a megaphone "I am thinking of blowing up the Federal Building in downtown but it wouldn't change anything about the rapid growth of the government" what would be the reaction to it?

Give it a shot and let us know.

what what about when so many of us have mouse problems, and we decide to place a bomb in their house{aka,,,mousehole}......will we get sent to jail just for bombing a few mice?

Maybe she really said,

"Yes, I'm angry. Yes, I am outraged. Yes, I have thought an awful lot of blowing up. The White House, but I know that this won't change anything."

See, it could just be poor delivery on bad punctuation and grammar. Not a Federal crime.
if she had threatened to blow up all of hillarys cath bags, her approval ratings would of gone up 10%

It might be too soon for another bodily fluid story.

Dear defcon: if people took you seriously as if you are expressing your intent, yes you could get apprehended.
it depends if your statement is taken as "expressing intent" or just "hyperbolic political rhetoric meant to express dissent" -- see below I found online:
====================================

The Supreme Court said as much in U.S. v. Watts, where the justices vacated the conviction of a draftee who threatened the life of President Lyndon Johnson. (RELATED: Supreme Court Appears Ready To Strike Down Ban On Offensive Trademarks)

“If they ever make me carry a rifle, the first man I want to get in my sights in LBJ,” he said.

Like Madonna’s claim, the gravity of Watts’ statement is contingent upon his willingness to carry out the “threat.” If it is a statement of his intentions, it is unlawful. If it is hyperbolic political rhetoric meant to express dissent, it is constitutionally protected speech. In a per curiam opinion vacating the conviction, the Court writes:

We do not believe that the kind of political hyperbole indulged in by petitioner fits within that statutory term. For we must interpret the language Congress chose ‘against the background of a profound national commitment to the principle that debate on public issues should be uninhibited, robust, and wide-open, and that it may well include vehement, caustic, and sometimes unpleasantly sharp attacks on government and public officials.'”

“The language of the political arena, like the language used in labor disputes, is often vituperative, abusive, and inexact. We agree with petitioner that his only offense here was “a kind of very crude offensive method of stating a political opposition to the President.” Taken in context, and regarding the expressly conditional nature of the statement and the reaction of the listeners, we do not see how it could be interpreted otherwise.”

Read more: Madonna Said She Thought Of Blowing Up The White House. Is That Illegal?

Ted Nugent wasn't arrested for making terrorist threats against Obama and Hillary.

I notice how the posters on this thread just ignore the fact that Ted Nugent threatened Obama...Not the white house but the President ... That is a personal threat..but they slide by the comment hoping not to bring attention to it.. This was at the NRA gun convention in 2012.

Ted Nugent wasn't arrested for making terrorist threats against Obama and Hillary.

I notice how the posters on this thread just ignore the fact that Ted Nugent threatened Obama...Not the white house but the President ... That is a personal threat..but they slide by the comment hoping not to bring attention to it.. This was at the NRA gun convention in 2012.

I would have no problem if they tried him for it and in reflection of Emily's post above anything could have happened.
You hang around In SanFran a lot lately...:badgrin:

Nothing will happen to her but if she had been 8 years old and eaten a Pop Tart into the shape of a gun, look out!

Heh heh heh...she said she thought a lot about blowing up the White House... that isn't a threat. She was speaking in past tense and clarified that she no longer has those thoughts.
A threat would be far more direct..such as ...if she had said, I am going to Blow up the White House. She didn't say that!

You despicable Democrats keep making excuses for this violent talk, eventually one of you will go too far and will make an actionable threat, and then the Trump Justice Department will convict you and lock you up for a very long time.

Go after this terrorist whore. McDonna...over a billion served. She got to the top by sleeping with record producers. That's a fact.

and how was she going to blow up the white house? dig a 300 foot tunnell under the white house, then bring down a 3000 pound cow and light a match to its butt?
one never knows. I mean this bitch thinks she can do anything she wants.

Forum List

Back