MAGA: A Complete Failure

That's right. They never ask "how are we going to pay for that?", when we're saber-rattling around the world or fighting wars we shouldn't be in.
But when it comes to social programs that can help people, it’s always asked. I believe our demented president asks it, while blowing $54 billion on a proxy war.

Why do you assume high-paid union workers, can't invest their money also? You're not making much sense there. You can be a unionized worker, make a great salary with benefits and also invest privately. I don't see why you felt you couldn't do that? My union dues are nothing. Big deal. I have the support of a union, my fellow workers. We all stand together, and we benefit because of that solidarity and unity. You chose to be a lone ranger, well good for you. I also have investments, so your "either-or" mentality doesn't make much sense.
Why i didnt need to do that was because i asked for wages that met my skills you know fixing multimillion dollar aircraft without having some schmuck union guy asking for wages way lower so the lazy fucks wouldnt feel left out. Union people are uneducated in the ways of compensation and rely on someone else to tell them what they are worth. I am much better than that, which was why i left that sorry ass union...

That's right. They never ask "how are we going to pay for that?", when we're saber-rattling around the world or fighting wars we shouldn't be in.
The national debt is over 30 trillion dollars....

The estimated aggregate cost of the War on Poverty is nearly $28 trillion, which is three and a half times higher than the $8 trillion total price tag of every major war since the American Revolution.

It’s Time to Admit the Feds Are Making Poverty Worse—Not Better…

GoSm.svg
WebrootSmall.svg

www.independent.org/news/article.asp?id=11707

Our entire system is set up so it only works when trillions of phony money are pumped into the economy.
Wrong. It can eaasily be switched back to an economy based on real money.
Reagan spent his way out of his recession. Grew government too. But you loved him.
Reagan wasn't a dictator. He didn't have a free hand in what he could do. The Dims held him up for ransom so get the military funding he wanted. Dims are always the ones demanding more spending.

Anyone is preferable to Trump. He's a criminal. Remember how we give credit to George Washington because he could have been our king but chose not to be? Trump is not that kind of man. He'd be king. He'd love that. And he tried. He tried to pull a Bush/Putin.

Sorry, turd, but how can anyone honestly claim that Biden is better than Trump? What's better about him? Biden is the genuine criminal. He took bribes from China, Ukraine and Russia.

You speculations about what Trump wants are idiotic.

The estimated aggregate cost of the War on Poverty is nearly $28 trillion, which is three and a half times higher than the $8 trillion total price tag of every major war since the American Revolution.

GoSm.svg
WebrootSmall.svg

The thing is the money being spent on it is like an addiction. It is not an easy thing to be weaned off of it. I do not believe we will ever end poverty the way things are. But we can reduce it.

Wrong. It can eaasily be switched back to an economy based on real money.

Reagan wasn't a dictator. He didn't have a free hand in what he could do. The Dims held him up for ransom so get the military funding he wanted. Dims are always the ones demanding more spending.

Sorry, turd, but how can anyone honestly claim that Biden is better than Trump? What's better about him? Biden is the genuine criminal. He took bribes from China, Ukraine and Russia.

You speculations about what Trump wants are idiotic.
If you trust or believe in Trump, you're an idiot. But you liked McCain, Romney, Bush, Dole, Bush too so we already knew that.

So you do realize that the Democraps and unions have screwed you over royally because like your income right now, pensions are treated as earned income. That means when you retire that $5,000 a month or what ever it is, is going to be taxed at the same rate as you do today. That is the little dirty secret that Progressives keep from you, while inflation rises your pension will stay the same, and even if you get social security, it is taxed as earned income also, a double whammy.

My investments that i did myself, has a quarterly dividend that pays out over $100,000 every three months and the taxable rate is only 15 percent. That also is the dirty little secret the progressives didnt tell you, because you go look at people like Nancy Piglosi whose husband is worth 120 million dollars his tax rate on his dividends is only 20 percent. They laugh at how gullible pension earners are...

That $100,000 every three months is 100 thousand dollars every 3 months..Just incase it needs clarification.

Wrong.
Since your income is less when you retire, you pay very little tax on that pension.
That is why you always want to defer at much income as possible to your 401k, since the deferred taxes are going to be at the later lower income rate.
Social security is normally not taxed.
It is only taxed if you start too young or make too much.
{...

To find out if their benefits are taxable, taxpayers should:​

• Take one half of the Social Security money they collected during the year and add it to their other income.
Other income includes pensions, wages, interest, dividends and capital gains.

• If they are single and that total comes to more than $25,000, then part of their Social Security benefits may be taxable.
  • If they are married filing jointly, they should take half of their Social Security, plus half of their spouse's Social Security, and add that to all their combined income. If that total is more than $32,000, then part of their Social Security may be taxable.

Fifty percent of a taxpayer's benefits may be taxable if they are:

• Filing single, single, head of household or qualifying widow or widower with $25,000 to $34,000 income.
  • Married filing separately and lived apart from their spouse for all of 2019 with $25,000 to $34,000 income.
  • Married filing jointly with $32,000 to $44,000 income.

Up to 85% of a taxpayer's benefits may be taxable if they are:

• Filing single, head of household or qualifying widow or widower with more than $34,000 income.
  • Married filing jointly with more than $44,000 income.
  • Married filing separately and lived apart from their spouse for all of 2019 with more than $34,000 income.
  • Married filing separately and lived with their spouse at any time during 2019.
The Interactive Tax Assistant on IRS.gov can help taxpayers answer the question Are My Social Security or Railroad Retirement Tier I Benefits Taxable?

The tax filing deadline has been postponed to Wednesday, July 15, 2020. The IRS is processing tax returns, issuing refunds and accepting payments. Taxpayers who mailed a tax return will experience a longer wait. There is no need to mail a second tax return or call the IRS.
...}

The thing is the money being spent on it is like an addiction. It is not an easy thing to be weaned off of it. I do not believe we will ever end poverty the way things are. But we can reduce it.
When the dollar tanks, and it will, then those living in poverty will no longer live like kings, compared to the rest of the world's impoverished. You can count on that.

I got a really good idea. Instead of trying to change the United States into a Cuba or Venezuela, go live in either country for a year, then get back to US with your thoughts about those countries...

Wrong.
Since your income is less when you retire, you pay very little tax on that pension.
That is why you always want to defer at much income as possible to your 401k, since the deferred taxes are going to be at the later lower income rate.
Social security is normally not taxed.
It is only taxed if you start too young or make too much.
{...

To find out if their benefits are taxable, taxpayers should:​

• Take one half of the Social Security money they collected during the year and add it to their other income.
Other income includes pensions, wages, interest, dividends and capital gains.

• If they are single and that total comes to more than $25,000, then part of their Social Security benefits may be taxable.
  • If they are married filing jointly, they should take half of their Social Security, plus half of their spouse's Social Security, and add that to all their combined income. If that total is more than $32,000, then part of their Social Security may be taxable.

Fifty percent of a taxpayer's benefits may be taxable if they are:

• Filing single, single, head of household or qualifying widow or widower with $25,000 to $34,000 income.
  • Married filing separately and lived apart from their spouse for all of 2019 with $25,000 to $34,000 income.
  • Married filing jointly with $32,000 to $44,000 income.

Up to 85% of a taxpayer's benefits may be taxable if they are:

• Filing single, head of household or qualifying widow or widower with more than $34,000 income.
  • Married filing jointly with more than $44,000 income.
  • Married filing separately and lived apart from their spouse for all of 2019 with more than $34,000 income.
  • Married filing separately and lived with their spouse at any time during 2019.
The Interactive Tax Assistant on IRS.gov can help taxpayers answer the question Are My Social Security or Railroad Retirement Tier I Benefits Taxable?

The tax filing deadline has been postponed to Wednesday, July 15, 2020. The IRS is processing tax returns, issuing refunds and accepting payments. Taxpayers who mailed a tax return will experience a longer wait. There is no need to mail a second tax return or call the IRS.
...}
https://money.usnews.com/money/retirement/aging/articles/how-pension-income-is-taxed
“Payments from private and government pensions are usually taxable at your ordinary income rate,”
An apology will be accepted from you being wrong.

Tax-filing statusSingleMarried, filing jointlyMarried, filing separatelyHead of household
0%$0 to $41,675$0 to $83,350$0 to $41,675$0 to $55,800
15%$41,676 to $459,750$83,351 to $517,200$41,676 to $258,600$55,801 to $488,500
20%$459,751 or more$517,201 or more$258,601 or more$488,501 or more

MAGA: A Complete Failure
True.

But to be fair to Trump, any Republican president’s agenda would be a failure.

Indeed, there really is no such thing as ‘MAGA’ – it’s nothing but a rebranding of the same failed, wrongheaded conservative dogma, the same failed, wrongheaded Republican agenda:

Anti-immigrant nativism

Reckless, irresponsible tax cuts expanding deficit and debt

Reckless, irresponsible, unwarranted deregulation

White grievance politics and racist replacement theory

The same failed, wrongheaded agenda pushed by Reagan and both Bushes.

Why i didnt need to do that was because i asked for wages that met my skills you know fixing multimillion dollar aircraft without having some schmuck union guy asking for wages way lower so the lazy fucks wouldnt feel left out. Union people are uneducated in the ways of compensation and rely on someone else to tell them what they are worth. I am much better than that, which was why i left that sorry ass union...

The wages that you had, with all of your rights, were attained thanks to unions pushing capitalists to pay their workers as much as possible. If you actually had a union in the company that you worked for, the work conditions in that company would've been much worse if not for the union that you refused to join. Maybe better equipment, a safer environment, more bathrooms, better air conditioning in the facilities, a two-week or even thirty-day paid vacation, bonuses, eight-hour work day, all of that wasn't due to your personal, lone-ranger, iron man worker, negotiating skills, although you might feel that way. It was due to others who set the bar higher and held your beloved capitalist lord's feet to the fire. So your supposed lazy, uneducated, worthless "schmuck" unionized co-workers contributed to your good experience at that company whether you have the ability or character to recognize it or not.

GoSm.svg
WebrootSmall.svg

Whatever "debt" the US government supposedly has is simply a ledger or record of how much money is in the economy, invested in treasury bonds. It's not a "debt" in the same sense as you or I have a debt. We're not the issuers of the dollar, the federal government is.

Your scary boogieman "debt" is a myth. You're confusing microeconomics or household economics, and its debt, with the macroeconomics of a government, that issues its own currency, with a 22 trillion dollar GDP. Not the same. We could easily eliminate poverty in America. Our country is at the bottom of the list of industrialized nations, when it comes to poverty and basic infrastructure. The standard of living for most Americans is on the edge of becoming third world. We're almost a third world country due mostly to Republican, supply-side, trickle down, neo-liberal Reaganomics.

Last edited:
The wages that you had, with all of your rights, were attained thanks to unions pushing capitalists to pay their workers as much as possible. If you actually had a union in the company that you worked for, the work conditions in that company would've been much worse if not for the union that you refused to join. Maybe better equipment, a safer environment, more bathrooms, better air conditioning in the facilities, a two-week or even thirty-day paid vacation, bonuses, eight-hour work day, all of that wasn't due to your personal, lone-ranger, iron man worker, negotiating skills, although you might feel that way. It was due to others who set the bar higher and held your beloved capitalist lord's feet to the fire. So your supposed lazy, uneducated, worthless "schmuck" unionized co-workers contributed to your good experience at that company whether you have the ability or character to recognize it or not.
Every time you post, you only demonstrate a supreme ignorance of economics.

How so? Enlighten me. Educate me.
Unio9ns did not increase wages for the average worker. They only increased wages forf union members at the expense of all other workers. Entreprenuers improved wage with new technology and increasing the amount of capital per workers. Unions did not invent the steam locomotive, the automobile, the telephone or the computer. Entrepreneurs did. that's what increased the wages of the American worker.

Henry Ford created the 8 hr day, not unions.

Forum List

Back