Maher to Guest Defending Islam in Wake of Boston Bombings: 'That's Liberal Bulls--t'

Maybe Maher is coming around to reality from his dark years steeped in liberal BS, maybe.

Maher to Guest Defending Islam in Wake of Boston Bombings: 'That's Liberal Bulls--t'

Read more: Maher to Guest Defending Islam in Wake of Boston Bombings: 'That's Liberal Bulls--t' | NewsBusters

Bill Maher on HBO's Real Time Friday made a statement that will make the Right cheer as the left predictably cringes.

After his guest Brian Levin - the director of the Center for the Study of Hate & Extremism at California State University, San Bernardino - said of the Boston bombings and how it relates to radical Islam, "We have hypocrites across faiths, Jewish, Christian who say they're out for God and end up doing not so nice things," Maher marvelously responded, "That’s liberal bulls--t right there" (video follows with transcript and commentary):

Read more: Maher to Guest Defending Islam in Wake of Boston Bombings: 'That's Liberal Bulls--t' | NewsBusters

I think your thinking when it comes to labels is pretty narrow. Intelligent people like Mahrer are mature enough to see the flaw in their own ideology sometimes. Every ideology has some level of hypocrisy in it. However, that doesn't necessarily undermine the integrity of it.

No, what I am thinking is that every time a Muslim does something, such as in Boston the defense is that all religions are violent. Which is what Maher called BS, liberal BS. Look at the examples that the liberal left loves to throw at people. Eric Rudolf and the OK city bombing. Rudolf was what, 20 years ago???? The OK bombing even longer and that had nothing to do with the Christian religion. Yep examples and non of a major sect of Christianity call for a Fatah against anyone.

Maher uses the example that there is only one religion which will kill you for drawing a cartoon.

How quickly we forget it was during my own lifetime there was a religion which would kill a black man for whistling at a white woman. And it is only by force of law that same religion does not continue that practice.
How quickly we forget The Troubles in Ireland.

What religion is that and please state the quotations from their holy book which made such a proclaimination.

I am not familiar enough with the Koran to quote it nor do I really wish to do so. I can only judge their religion by their fruit, which Maher has done. Did any major Christian sect call for a Fatah because of piss Jesus? Do you hear of the Mormons calling for a Fatah because of "The Book of Mormon." No you don't, even Bill Maher gets it.

I have to use the same logic as the Islamophobes and declare that Christians performing thousands of lynchings and cross burnings over a period of a century meant there were no good, peaceful Christians and that Christianity is a violent, evil religion.

Last edited:
Maher takes whatever position will get him attention I doubt he has any true core beliefs about anything.

Maher uses the example of the play about Mormons and asks if a show like that about Muslims could be done.

In my lifetime, a play with a black man kissing a white woman in the Deep South would have ended in fire, destruction, and death by Christian religious fanatics.

Did that mean there were no peaceful Christians anywhere? What special kind of idiot would you have to be to make that argument?

Maher and his fellow travelling Islamophobes are those special kind of idiots.

Straight up liar. Religion had almost nothing to do with racial hatred. The KKK had to fabricate themselves as Christians to get some followers, most though were just inbred hicks or elitist scum.

Sorry, but they were Christian extremists. It sucks when your rhetoric is turned around on you, don't it?

Funny how painting ALL Muslims based on the actions of a few Islamic "inbred hicks or elitist scum" is okay, but when reflected back on you it is suddenly a lie. :lol:

No they were not and you damn well know it. Maher wised up don't try playing the useful idiot. The KKK was formed for one reason, to harass southern Republicans especially black Republicans which were all the blacks. It was political, Democrats, not religious no matter what symbols they used to spread their democrat filth.

Maher uses the example that there is only one religion which will kill you for drawing a cartoon.

How quickly we forget it was during my own lifetime there was a religion which would kill a black man for whistling at a white woman. And it is only by force of law that same religion does not continue that practice.

What religion is that and please state the quotations from their holy book which made such a proclaimination.

Let's be real; most segregationists were probably scarcely literate enough to read the Bible, but they sure did love an intemperate speech:

"We find we have replaced faith with fear . . . and though we may give lip service to the Almighty . . in reality, government has become our god. It is, therefore, a basically ungodly government and its appeal to the psuedo-intellectual and the politician is to change their status from servant of the people to master of the people . . . to play at being God . . . without faith in God . . . and without the wisdom of God. It is a system that is the very opposite of Christ for it feeds and encourages everything degenerate..."
-- George Wallace; from 1963 Inaugural Address

(1963) George Wallace, ?Segregation Now, Segregation Forever? | The Black Past: Remembered and Reclaimed

Last edited:
Maher takes whatever position will get him attention I doubt he has any true core beliefs about anything.

Yeah I am pretty sure if you yelled into his soul you would hear an echo but I do find it interesting he admits the truth without the baggage of religion. Can't get much more of an objective opinion. That is why the liberals are throwing out even more BS.

Straight up liar. Religion had almost nothing to do with racial hatred. The KKK had to fabricate themselves as Christians to get some followers, most though were just inbred hicks or elitist scum.

Sorry, but they were Christian extremists. It sucks when your rhetoric is turned around on you, don't it?

Funny how painting ALL Muslims based on the actions of a few Islamic "inbred hicks or elitist scum" is okay, but when reflected back on you it is suddenly a lie. :lol:

No they were not and you damn well know it. Maher wised up don't try playing the useful idiot. The KKK was formed for one reason, to harass southern Republicans especially black Republicans which were all the blacks. It was political, Democrats, not religious no matter what symbols they used to spread their democrat filth.

So why can't you see the exact same principle at work with the extremist Muslims? That they are not true Muslims and actually have a political motive behind their actions. They are wearing the symbology of a religion to achieve a political goal, and "you damn well know it".

Hmmmmmm?

Last edited:
This is the whole problem with the whole liberal/conservative thing is it takes away your individualism and your ability to make a rational choice without bias. Mahr is his own person, yeah he tends to stray left but he tends to have libertarian opinions on issues like person freedom. Hell, even I was accused of being a FAR RIGHT ideologue in the aftermath of the boston bombing. Individualism and independent thought is good.

Let's be real; most segregationists were probably scarcely literate enough to read the Bible, but they sure did love an intemperate speech:

"We find we have replaced faith with fear . . . and though we may give lip service to the Almighty . . in reality, government has become our god. It is, therefore, a basically ungodly government and its appeal to the psuedo-intellectual and the politician is to change their status from servant of the people to master of the people . . . to play at being God . . . without faith in God . . . and without the wisdom of God. It is a system that is the very opposite of Christ for it feeds and encourages everything degenerate..."

(1963) George Wallace, ?Segregation Now, Segregation Forever? | The Black Past: Remembered and Reclaimed

Like Wallace there were lots of democrats saying such things. They were single people expressing THEIR views not that of the Christian religion. The religion the bred the party that freed the slaves. Without Christians, specifically the Quakers the black man would have been in chains a whole lot longer.

Like Wallace there were lots of democrats saying such things. They were single people expressing THEIR views not that of the Christian religion. The religion the bred the party that freed the slaves. Without Christians, specifically the Quakers the black man would have been in chains a whole lot longer.

let's read Wallace as he continues:

"...the very opposite of Christ for it feeds and encourages everything degenerate and base in our people as it assumes the responsibilities that we ourselves should assume. Its psuedo-liberal spokesmen and some Harvard advocates have never examined the logic of its substitution of what it calls "human rights" for individual rights, for its propaganda play on words has appeal for the unthinking. Its logic is totally material and irresponsible as it runs the full gamut of human desires . . . including the theory that everyone has voting rights without the spiritual responsibility of preserving freedom. Our founding fathers recognized those rights . . . but only within the framework of those spiritual responsibilities. But the strong, simple faith and sane reasoning of our founding fathers has long since been forgotten as the so-called "progressives" tell us that our Constitution was written for "horse and buggy" days . . . so were the Ten Commandments."

Yeah, that sounds like a modern democrat, lol :lmao:

I love it when Lefties try to compare Christians with Muslems...

Please tell us when the last time Christians rioted because someone named a Teddy Bear "Jesus".

Please tell us when the last time Christians rioted because someone someone drew a picture of Jesus or God.

Please tell us when the last time Christians rioted because someone "abused" a Bible.

Please tell us when the last time Christians rioted because someone said something mean about their religion.

I love it when Lefties try to compare Christians with Muslems...

Please tell us when the last time Christians rioted because someone named a Teddy Bear "Jesus".

Please tell us when the last time Christians rioted because someone someone drew a picture of Jesus or God.

Please tell us when the last time Christians rioted because someone "abused" a Bible.

Please tell us when the last time Christians rioted because someone said something mean about their religion.

Please tell us when the last time Christians attacked our embassy in Benghazi over a video. (opps Muslims didn't either)

"...the very opposite of Christ for it feeds and encourages everything degenerate and base in our people as it assumes the responsibilities that we ourselves should assume. Its psuedo-liberal spokesmen and some Harvard advocates have never examined the logic of its substitution of what it calls "human rights" for individual rights, for its propaganda play on words has appeal for the unthinking. Its logic is totally material and irresponsible as it runs the full gamut of human desires . . . including the theory that everyone has voting rights without the spiritual responsibility of preserving freedom. Our founding fathers recognized those rights . . . but only within the framework of those spiritual responsibilities. But the strong, simple faith and sane reasoning of our founding fathers has long since been forgotten as the so-called "progressives" tell us that our Constitution was written for "horse and buggy" days . . . so were the Ten Commandments."

I do believe that the democrat Wallace lost his election. Didn't have enough Christians backing him.

?Da Vinci Code? Sparks Indian Riots | Movie News | Hollywood.com

That movie wasn't released? Was there actual riots and not merely protests? They call it a riot but I read nothing of actual riot something about a hunger strike. Not sure if that even happened.

But the case in point, as Maher points out, could the same lying movie be made about Islam or Mohammad?

I do believe that the democrat Wallace lost his election. Didn't have enough Christians backing him.

The speech is from his gubernatorial inauguration, so he obviously won that election.

When he ran for the presidency in 1968, it was third party.

So does Maher also suggest we break out the crescent armbands, like so many of the nutbags on here would love to see?

As I also pointed out on the other thread, Maher was being stupid, yelling that the true statement "all religions have hypocrites" was "liberal bullshit". His subsequent diversion to a speech of how muslims are more violent (they are) doesn't change the fact that "all religions have hypocrites" would be a true statement, not "liberal bullshit".

But that's how conservatives think these days. Simple truth is now defined as "liberal bullshit".

As I also pointed out on the other thread, Maher was being stupid, yelling that the true statement "all religions have hypocrites" was "liberal bullshit". His subsequent diversion to a speech of how muslims are more violent (they are) doesn't change the fact that "all religions have hypocrites" would be a true statement, not "liberal bullshit".

But that's how conservatives think these days. Simple truth is now defined as "liberal bullshit".

Yes, you keep making this point which isn't exactly what was said. Here is the transcript:

BRIAN LEVIN, DIRECTOR OF THE CENTER FOR THE STUDY OF HATE AND EXTREMISM AT CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, SAN BERNADINO: Could I just interject? Look, it's not like people who are Muslim who do wacky things have a monopoly on it. We have hypocrites across faiths, Jewish, Christian who say they're out for God and end up doing not so nice things.

MAHER: You know what? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. You know what? That's, that’s liberal bullshit right there. I mean, yes, all faiths…

LEVIN: There are no Christian hypocrites?

MAHER: No, there are.

Obviously what Maher was calling BS was not the part about religions containing hypocrites it was the violence part. It was the equating of one religion that has a history of modern violence to ones that do not. It is fairly obvious.

Forum List

Back