Maine Sues Man for Yelling at Planned Parenthood Building

What law did he violate? Provide the code #.

Disturbing the Peace would be my guess.
So the State normally sues people for a misdemeanor?
"Mills alleges in the lawsuit that Ingalls’ actions violated the state law that bars intentionally making noise so loud that it can be heard within a building where medical treatment is provided, when the violator has been warned to cease making such noise and when he has the intent to interfere with the safe and effective delivery of health services.

“All patients have the right to receive medical services free of ‘the cacophony of political protests,’ in the words of the United States Supreme Court,” Mills said in a written statement. “While protesters have every right to say anything they want in a public area in the vicinity of a medical facility, they are not permitted to disrupt another citizen’s health care services.”

The state law was passed in 1995, following a U.S. Supreme Court ruling in 1994 in favor of a women’s health clinic in a Florida case that found protesters exceeded their constitutional rights by using excessive noise and infringing on the clinic’s rights."
Maine attorney general sues individual anti-abortion protester for being too loud - The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram

Arrested for yelling.
Stalin would be proud.
A place and a time. Free Speech is speech, not yelling so loud that others can't do their jobs.
Never heard a voice that could penetrate a modern building so well...
Doesn't have to. He was obviously disturbing the peace, which is against the law. He was asked to quiet down and didn't. Sorry, busted...
So every protest is illegal because they yell?
Keep digging.
Nope, but don't yell too loud, especially when the cops told you to keep it down.
First protest against any Republican I look forward to arrests and the state suing them.

A place and a time. Free Speech is speech, not yelling so loud that others can't do their jobs.
Never heard a voice that could penetrate a modern building so well...
Doesn't have to. He was obviously disturbing the peace, which is against the law. He was asked to quiet down and didn't. Sorry, busted...
So every protest is illegal because they yell?
Keep digging.
Nope, but don't yell too loud, especially when the cops told you to keep it down.
First protest against any Republican I look forward to arrests and the state suing them.
Check out the law he broke...

We, way up North in Maine, call southern Maine, (Portland Region), Northern Massachusetts.

just sayin'.....
:D

People are soooooooo, "unpolitical" up here...they just want to be left alone!!!! :lol:

So, you need an abortion, have one.... you don't believe in having an abortion, don't have one, kind of attitude.... or primarily an attitude of, ''I don't wanna know, it's none of my business''....

Planned Parenthood protester sued for yelling too loud outside clinic

Well, this is a new encroachment on the First Amendment, because this guy was demonstrating on a public sidewalk.

And if this guy can be sued for making a noise that can be heard inside the clinic does that apply to everyone who makes noise?

How about traffic noise, police and fire truck sirens, church bells, Muslims call to prayer, air planes passing overhead? Will the state sue all, or do they only go after this guy because he is pro-life?

Planned Parenthood protester sued for yelling too loud outside clinic

Well, this is a new encroachment on the First Amendment, because this guy was demonstrating on a public sidewalk.

And if this guy can be sued for making a noise that can be heard inside the clinic does that apply to everyone who makes noise?

How about traffic noise, police and fire truck sirens, church bells, Muslims call to prayer, air planes passing overhead? Will the state sue all, or do they only go after this guy because he is pro-life?
Those "other" noises will all be exempt.

Forum List

Back