Majority of Republicans do not see value in a higher education

It's very simple. A professor or department would have to certify that a degree in the field of study will lead to employment.

If after two years, one third or more of graduates holding this degree have not found employment in which the degree is beneficial, the entire course is eliminated.
Liberals are such children. Tell them that their expensive education in Early Celtic Transgender Basketweaving is worthless and they will immediately scream back "you don't want me to be a heart surgeon!"
A degree in basket weaving, sadly, is the equivalent of being a coal miner or a machinist or many other manual jobs that are declining or have gone away.
If the critics of worthless degrees must look at those with worthless skills as the same.
The key is to have a skill or a degree that will get you a job
Umm no it's not. You can't live without machinists and coal miners. Just because a job isn't happening in front of you doesn't mean you can get by without it being done.
Yes we need Coal Miners and factory workers but less than in the past and the demand is declining and will continue to decline. That is why there are so many unemployed coal miners and factory workers. There are still professional basket weavers but the demand is declining. There are still jobs making buggy whips. The key is to have a skill where there are as many jobs as there are people with the skill.

Democrats killed factory worker and coal miner jobs by increased business taxes driving factories off-shore and tyrannical EPA regs on fossil fuels, coal in particular.
Factory jobs have been substantially reduced because of a global economy and automation. Businesses can manufacturer many products much cheaper outside the USA. Donald Trump and Ivanka continue to use off shore manufacturing for products they sell. The USA manufacturers and distribution centers are becoming more automated reducing jobs. Coal demand is being reduced by cheaper options like oil through fracking and natural gas.
Simple minds have a hard time comprehending the real world so they blame things to make it easy on themselves
Even coal mining is being automated.

Robotics, driverless tech are taking over mining jobs

It's just less expensive, more efficient, less dangerous and more reliable.

According to Pew research, By a steep 22-point margin, Republicans now believe American colleges and universities have a net negative effect on the country. In 2010, Republicans still said college was a good thing by a 26-point margin. So that’s a complete collapse in GOP support for higher education (self-identified Democrats and independents have always thought college is good by overwhelming, 40-point plus margins, and still do).
Trump represents the dumbing down of the USA

If you are an example of higher educations, they are probably right. Didn't you have to pass a reading comprehension test or take a course in basic logic? Believing (rightly) that many of our colleges and universities are little more than overpriced propaganda factories which produce political malcontents who do not contribute to our society in a constructive manner, this view does not portray a lack of value in higher education, nor does it represent a "dumbing down of the USA."
I went to college, I now have a net worth over 5 million dollars. I enjoy giving back to my community and nation for my good fortune.
College works if you work to make it work.
Too many Trump supporters don't want to work at obtaining the skills required in today's work force. Those skills can be obtained through higher education and trade schools.
Started taking trade courses in a CC in the '60's. Found I enjoyed taking courses in science, and continued, off and on, to this day. Getting close to having enough credits for a degree, will finish after I retire. The trade courses have resulted in a steady good income for all of my working career. And especially the last decade and a half. This year I have already received three raises, and one merit increase. You see, all too many people have convinced their children that education is foolish. So we have a lack of about 6 million technicians, electricians, millwrights, and automation people, in this nation. Many of these jobs, mine included, make over 100K a year. But we cannot get young people interested in them, because that requires going to school, and paying attention to the instructors. And learning such liberal values as algebra, trig, and geometry. Learning such radical things as keeping records on a computer. Oh yeah, all them thar freaky pointy head librul ideas.
If they restricted their education to those classes and classes that you actually need to do a real job then you would be right. But they have requirements demanding stuff like Music appreciation, A second language, biology when you're not a biologist, etc.
From the top ten nonsense degrees, Star Trek, the Philosophy of Harry Potter and offered at UCLA, Gay musicalogy.
Rich Republicans love to learn silly stuff. Leave engineering and science to Democrats.

It's very simple. A professor or department would have to certify that a degree in the field of study will lead to employment.

If after two years, one third or more of graduates holding this degree have not found employment in which the degree is beneficial, the entire course is eliminated.
A degree in basket weaving, sadly, is the equivalent of being a coal miner or a machinist or many other manual jobs that are declining or have gone away.
If the critics of worthless degrees must look at those with worthless skills as the same.
The key is to have a skill or a degree that will get you a job
Umm no it's not. You can't live without machinists and coal miners. Just because a job isn't happening in front of you doesn't mean you can get by without it being done.
Yes we need Coal Miners and factory workers but less than in the past and the demand is declining and will continue to decline. That is why there are so many unemployed coal miners and factory workers. There are still professional basket weavers but the demand is declining. There are still jobs making buggy whips. The key is to have a skill where there are as many jobs as there are people with the skill.

Democrats killed factory worker and coal miner jobs by increased business taxes driving factories off-shore and tyrannical EPA regs on fossil fuels, coal in particular.
Factory jobs have been substantially reduced because of a global economy and automation. Businesses can manufacturer many products much cheaper outside the USA. Donald Trump and Ivanka continue to use off shore manufacturing for products they sell. The USA manufacturers and distribution centers are becoming more automated reducing jobs. Coal demand is being reduced by cheaper options like oil through fracking and natural gas.
Simple minds have a hard time comprehending the real world so they blame things to make it easy on themselves

And we all know those don't need mechanics and people to keep them running. Who better to get to fix the hydrolics than a lesbian with a degree in social engineering. I'm sure she knows what to do.

We use to have solid higher learning institutions in this country. Education these days is based on liberal propaganda and MTV.

It seems your opinions are framed by Limbaugh, Hannity, and all other conservative sources of propaganda; your propensity to post only echoes of such, and personal attacks on millions of Americans you know nothing about, have never met nor ever will is in sum vapid insipidity.
My opinion is based on fact. Your opinion doesn't matter because you need a huge, unaccountable, and bankrupt government to think and do everything for you.
A great example of why the New BS (giveaway to the greedy idiot brainwashing billionaires) GOP loves ignorant people...
Huh? The GOP doesn't love liberals. Get it right, dupe.

And we all know those don't need mechanics and people to keep them running. Who better to get to fix the hydrolics than a lesbian with a degree in social engineering. I'm sure she knows what to do.

Social engineering is more important today than at any time in history. Everyday retail jobs are going away, more sales are done on line, and delivered to the front door by UPS and other delivery services.

Roberts are replacing human beings in assembly lines, and yes someone needs to make sure the robot is maintained, but many less than was needed on the line. Soon more robots will be robot doctors who repair a broken machine. Already AI is in place:

10 Examples of Artificial Intelligence You are Using in Daily Life

Drones will soon replace some delivery drivers, driver less cars will replace Taxi drivers and fossil fuels will one day run out. Progress is inevitable, trying to hold onto the past is futile and insane.

If you are an example of higher educations, they are probably right. Didn't you have to pass a reading comprehension test or take a course in basic logic? Believing (rightly) that many of our colleges and universities are little more than overpriced propaganda factories which produce political malcontents who do not contribute to our society in a constructive manner, this view does not portray a lack of value in higher education, nor does it represent a "dumbing down of the USA."
I went to college, I now have a net worth over 5 million dollars. I enjoy giving back to my community and nation for my good fortune.
College works if you work to make it work.
Too many Trump supporters don't want to work at obtaining the skills required in today's work force. Those skills can be obtained through higher education and trade schools.
Started taking trade courses in a CC in the '60's. Found I enjoyed taking courses in science, and continued, off and on, to this day. Getting close to having enough credits for a degree, will finish after I retire. The trade courses have resulted in a steady good income for all of my working career. And especially the last decade and a half. This year I have already received three raises, and one merit increase. You see, all too many people have convinced their children that education is foolish. So we have a lack of about 6 million technicians, electricians, millwrights, and automation people, in this nation. Many of these jobs, mine included, make over 100K a year. But we cannot get young people interested in them, because that requires going to school, and paying attention to the instructors. And learning such liberal values as algebra, trig, and geometry. Learning such radical things as keeping records on a computer. Oh yeah, all them thar freaky pointy head librul ideas.
If they restricted their education to those classes and classes that you actually need to do a real job then you would be right. But they have requirements demanding stuff like Music appreciation, A second language, biology when you're not a biologist, etc.
From the top ten nonsense degrees, Star Trek, the Philosophy of Harry Potter and offered at UCLA, Gay musicalogy.
Rich Republicans love to learn silly stuff. Leave engineering and science to Democrats.

I thought the point of the thread was that Republicans don't like higher education. Do you disagree with the OP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Social engineering is more important today than at any time in history. Everyday retail jobs are going away, more sales are done on line, and delivered to the front door by UPS and other delivery services.

Roberts are replacing human beings in assembly lines, and yes someone needs to make sure the robot is maintained, but many less than was needed on the line. Soon more robots will be robot doctors who repair a broken machine. Already AI is in place:

10 Examples of Artificial Intelligence You are Using in Daily Life

Drones will soon replace some delivery drivers, driver less cars will replace Taxi drivers and fossil fuels will one day run out. Progress is inevitable, trying to hold onto the past is futile and insane.
The world will belong to the very rich and whatever livestock they need for spare parts.

There are too many courses in the social sciences. There is nothing for these graduates to do when they graduate. Most of these courses are heavy on the lecture and coursework is non existent.

There is simply no value in this kind of college education.

Nonsense. Social workers are highly valued in our society and as a matter of fact spend a good deal of their time working those who would otherwise be unnecessarily locked up in one of your corporate owned prisons, instead of becoming a productive member of society.

According to Pew research, By a steep 22-point margin, Republicans now believe American colleges and universities have a net negative effect on the country. In 2010, Republicans still said college was a good thing by a 26-point margin. So that’s a complete collapse in GOP support for higher education (self-identified Democrats and independents have always thought college is good by overwhelming, 40-point plus margins, and still do).
Ever since the government got involved in a major way financing every moron, tuition has skyrocketed and left kids with a mountaint of debt they have no real chance of paying off. There are only a limited number of high paying jobs out there. The amount of debt kids are starting out in life with is ridiculous.
If I was a kid listening to the morons like this guy, I would think I had no chance. There are ways to get a degree without huge debt.
Trade schools are great but you need to find a trade in demand and hopefully growing.
This site is full of complaining, excuse making morons. They blame the government for their problems (Obama) and look for the government to bail them out (Trump). Take responsibility for yourselves, morons. There is still plenty of opportunity in the USA. It is different than 20 years ago and it will be different in another 20 years.
Those who do not make changes with the times end up not being able to find work.

Only 6% of scientists are Republican. Republicans hate scientists. But they hate gays, blacks, Hispanics and Muslims more.

We use to have solid higher learning institutions in this country. Education these days is based on liberal propaganda and MTV.

It seems your opinions are framed by Limbaugh, Hannity, and all other conservative sources of propaganda; your propensity to post only echoes of such, and personal attacks on millions of Americans you know nothing about, have never met nor ever will is in sum vapid insipidity.
My opinion is based on fact. Your opinion doesn't matter because you need a huge, unaccountable, and bankrupt government to think and do everything for you.
A great example of why the New BS (giveaway to the greedy idiot brainwashing billionaires) GOP loves ignorant people...
Huh? The GOP doesn't love liberals. Get it right, dupe.
They love ignorant people, who now HATE Libs after 30 years of brainwashing, and LOVE the greedy idiot lying GOP rich...a disgrace...

Ever since the government got involved in a major way financing every moron, tuition has skyrocketed and left kids with a mountaint of debt they have no real chance of paying off. There are only a limited number of high paying jobs out there. The amount of debt kids are starting out in life with is ridiculous.
If I was a kid listening to the morons like this guy, I would think I had no chance. There are ways to get a degree without huge debt.
Trade schools are great but you need to find a trade in demand and hopefully growing.
This site is full of complaining, excuse making morons. They blame the government for their problems (Obama) and look for the government to bail them out (Trump). Take responsibility for yourselves, morons. There is still plenty of opportunity in the USA. It is different than 20 years ago and it will be different in another 20 years.
Those who do not make changes with the times end up not being able to find work.
If the pander to the rich New BS GOP is still in charge in 20 years we'll be close to an oligarchic banana republic, dupes. I KNOW, a tax cut for the rich, more state and local taxes and cuts in services for the rest....

Only 6% of scientists are Republican. Republicans hate scientists. But they hate gays, blacks, Hispanics and Muslims more.
See what you get when only one political advocacy group is questioned.

Why Aren’t There Any Republican Scientists? The Answer May Not Be So Complicated. - Commentary Magazine
You don't really think people who believe the earth is only thousands of years old and God shimmered us into being from dirt would make good scientists? Do you?

Trade schools are great but if you need to find a trade in demand and hopefully growing.
This site is full of complaining, excuse making morons. There is still plenty of opportunity in the USA. It is different than 20 years ago and it will be different in another 20 years.
Those who do not make changes with the times end up being like the nay sayers on this site
ElmerDudd is missing the point. Government intervention into college loans has resulted in unnecessarily high tuition. Most of the schools are flush with cash. Harvard has billions.

Trade schools are great but if you need to find a trade in demand and hopefully growing.
This site is full of complaining, excuse making morons. There is still plenty of opportunity in the USA. It is different than 20 years ago and it will be different in another 20 years.
Those who do not make changes with the times end up being like the nay sayers on this site
ElmerDudd is missing the point. Government intervention into college loans has resulted in unnecessarily high tuition. Most of the schools are flush with cash. Harvard has billions.
Bond is whining and blaming government again. Life is not always fair. You want everything easy and you want to have government make it easy for you. The US provides more opportunity than any other country in the world but taking advantage of opportunity is not always easy. You need to work on it.
Quit putting your whiny, lazy, pessimistic attitude in the youth today. You are a blamer not a doer. That is one characteristic that is holding the US back from being greater no matter who is President.
There are too many morons just like you on this site and in our wonderful country, the USA. They elected Trump.

Bond is whining and blaming government again. Life is not always fair. You want everything easy and you want to have government make it easy for you. The US provides more opportunity than any other country in the world but taking advantage of opportunity is not always easy. You need to work on it.
Quit putting your whiny, lazy, pessimistic attitude in the youth today. You are a blamer not a doer. That is one characteristic that is holding the US back from being greater no matter who is President.
There are too many morons just like you on this site and in our wonderful country, the USA. They elected Trump.
I want the government to make it easy for me? Pointing out a consequence that resulted from a poorly conceived government program is not whining. It is stating a fact. Why exactly to you want insanely high college tuition?

FYI... I am an employer, not an employee. I built it.

I want the government to make it easy for me? Pointing out a consequence that resulted from a poorly conceived government program is not whining. It is stating a fact. Why exactly to you want insanely high college tuition?

You are a fricking whiner. It does not matter if you are an employer, an employee or unemployed. You are a blamer. But so are many on this site. Most have kept their mouth shut on this post because they know I am telling the truth.
Grow a couple and deal with the imperfections of the world.
You can work to make changes but appreciate what you have. It will never be perfect.

You are a fricking whiner. It does not matter if you are an employer, an employee or unemployed. You are a blamer. But so are many on this site. Most have kept their mouth shut on this post because they know I am telling the truth.
You can work to make changes but appreciate what you have. It will never be perfect.
I have no idea what you are babbling about and neither does anyone else. That is why no one is replying.

I have no idea what you are babbling about and neither does anyone else. That is why no one is replying.
You will never get it. That is why you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.
You will be blaming government for your problems forever. Start looking at yourself more and the government less as the cause of your problems.

Forum List

Back