🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Majority of Republicans do not see value in a higher education

According to Pew research, By a steep 22-point margin, Republicans now believe American colleges and universities have a net negative effect on the country. In 2010, Republicans still said college was a good thing by a 26-point margin. So that’s a complete collapse in GOP support for higher education (self-identified Democrats and independents have always thought college is good by overwhelming, 40-point plus margins, and still do).
Trump represents the dumbing down of the USA

I can understand how people would feel this way. I've got a four year degree but honestly my time in the military and technical training since then has been more useful. Plus universities have been high jacked by left wing extremists, and have become indoctrination centers for globalist progressives and cultural Marxists. The costs of universities is so high now was well. I think technical schools would make more sense for many people. For some career fields a four year university degree still makes the most sense, but for many career fields its a bit much, especially considering the cost.

But, if you would rather just dumb it down to "all Republicans hate education", then carry on with your fallacy.

If you graduated high school, then you have the same ability as everyone else. If you don't know how to exploit it, blame your parents for not preparing you.

That is the most ignorant and totally obnoxious thing I have ever heard you say, and considering the stupid shit you post on a regular basis, that is a major accomplishment!

Graduating high school does not give you equal ability. I can multiply numbers in my head with great accuracy. My wife, who is also a college graduate, and works for a major cable provider, cannot do it without paper and pencil and a sufficient time to work it out. Equal ability? Not hardly. She has many talents where I repeatedly fall short of her ability. I have three children that are all different, yet two graduated from the same high school. One is an Army officer, another served as Army enlisted, and the final one is an accomplished loan officer for a credit company. They all have varying talents and abilities.

If you believe your statement in the red text is true, you are the biggest moron to grace this forum.

What gives the Trump children more ability than anyone else?

Why don't you make that determination for yourself?

If you think you can drop a student who barely can qualify as being literate because of a learning disability into an MBA program, have them graduate, and then slap them into the seat as the CEO of a major company, just go for it! Let me know how that works out?

They probably would not last one semester in college, but they can do a great job rounding up carts at Walmart!
So, your argument is that all people who don't go to college are just too dumb?

Not at all. But we shouldn't be forcing people into a college career path if that is doomed to failure.

My best friend and I were two of the top students in my high school class. Neither one of us went to college straight out of high school. I joined the Navy and he drove a dry cleaning company's delivery van.

I had a good career in the Navy and have been a teacher for over 20 years. He is a vice president of Delta Dental.

No one has suggested people be forced to go to college.

That is the most ignorant and totally obnoxious thing I have ever heard you say, and considering the stupid shit you post on a regular basis, that is a major accomplishment!

Graduating high school does not give you equal ability. I can multiply numbers in my head with great accuracy. My wife, who is also a college graduate, and works for a major cable provider, cannot do it without paper and pencil and a sufficient time to work it out. Equal ability? Not hardly. She has many talents where I repeatedly fall short of her ability. I have three children that are all different, yet two graduated from the same high school. One is an Army officer, another served as Army enlisted, and the final one is an accomplished loan officer for a credit company. They all have varying talents and abilities.

If you believe your statement in the red text is true, you are the biggest moron to grace this forum.

If you think you can drop a student who barely can qualify as being literate because of a learning disability into an MBA program, have them graduate, and then slap them into the seat as the CEO of a major company, just go for it! Let me know how that works out?

They probably would not last one semester in college, but they can do a great job rounding up carts at Walmart!

Not at all. But we shouldn't be forcing people into a college career path if that is doomed to failure.

My best friend and I were two of the top students in my high school class. Neither one of us went to college straight out of high school. I joined the Navy and he drove a dry cleaning company's delivery van.

I had a good career in the Navy and have been a teacher for over 20 years. He is a vice president of Delta Dental.

No is forcing, correct! The problem is in expectations, and how unrealistic they are. Setting someone up for failure is the problem.

No is forcing, correct! The problem is in expectations, and how unrealistic they are. Setting someone up for failure is the problem.

I find it difficult to believe that you are or were an educator. You have tremendous difficulty following a conversation and keeping it within the subject of the thread.
You respond to my posts as if they aren't part of a larger conversation.

This is the subject. Many have discounted the value of higher education. You don't believe there is value in obtaining a higher education even though you have personally benefitted?

Your liberal professors are the reason. They are uselessness and only have jobs because they got tenure.

LOL

Q. Do you take pills to create your ignorance

A professor has earned an advanced degree in the subject matter in which they instruct Unless you are one of those who believe all research is funded by the special interests, and therefore all science is fake, your post is nothing more than an echo of a meme only believed by biddable fools.

Maybe in the old days, but really only being black is required. Anyone who wants a teaching job at a university needs to Kss the ring of the keepers of all the social issues. As far as your professors go, they suck. Their records show they suck. And it's glaringly evident in the qualifying of student they turn out which is typically unemployed and unable to comprehend from reading. Deny it all you want, but that's a fact.

In short, your professors don't have to do a good job. A mass stroke in government and our education system would be an awesome beautiful thing.

"In the old days"? When was that?

Your statement about anyone who wants to teach at a U. only needs to kiss ass and is a minority is absurd. Writing so provides a strong piece of evidence, you have never matriculated at a U.

Remember, "Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach."

Except teaching is doing, fool.

No, it really isn't. Especially public education. It's all a huge failure. Our universities turn out slaves, public education turns out crap. Teaching as it is now is a joke.

Your liberal professors are the reason. They are uselessness and only have jobs because they got tenure.

LOL

Q. Do you take pills to create your ignorance

A professor has earned an advanced degree in the subject matter in which they instruct Unless you are one of those who believe all research is funded by the special interests, and therefore all science is fake, your post is nothing more than an echo of a meme only believed by biddable fools.

Maybe in the old days, but really only being black is required. Anyone who wants a teaching job at a university needs to Kss the ring of the keepers of all the social issues. As far as your professors go, they suck. Their records show they suck. And it's glaringly evident in the qualifying of student they turn out which is typically unemployed and unable to comprehend from reading. Deny it all you want, but that's a fact.

In short, your professors don't have to do a good job. A mass stroke in government and our education system would be an awesome beautiful thing.

"In the old days"? When was that?

Your statement about anyone who wants to teach at a U. only needs to kiss ass and is a minority is absurd. Writing so provides a strong piece of evidence, you have never matriculated at a U.

Remember, "Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach."

Wrong.

Not really. Used to be the ones that did tought when they could not do anymore. Now all you have to do is be there long enough.

Last edited:
If you graduated high school, then you have the same ability as everyone else. If you don't know how to exploit it, blame your parents for not preparing you.

My son spent 8 years in the Army before starting his college career. and married two days before graduating high school. My daughter got married and gave me grandkids after dropping out of college and is a very successful loan officer. My other daughter graduated from college in four years and is an Army officer. I had three kids with three different levels of abilities and motivations. I have nieces and nephews that flit from one minimum wage job to another because their efforts at a high school education was below par. Not one has obtained a college degree. Expecting them to do more is unrealistic, but they are happy and healthy and doing what they apparently want to do.
Fortunately, forcing everyone to go to college is not something Democrats want to do. That's why Bernie, Hillary and Obama all promoted jobs training. Carpenters, electricians, machinists, plumbers and so on can all make a great living. There is only one party that cuts funding for jobs training:

Trump budget proposes 40% cut to job training programs

GOP extols worker training, then slashes funding

The GOP base has got to stop listening to these liars. At some point the damage caused by the GOP becomes irreparable. The black guy is gone. Time to start voting for their own self interests.

It's very simple. A professor or department would have to certify that a degree in the field of study will lead to employment.

If after two years, one third or more of graduates holding this degree have not found employment in which the degree is beneficial, the entire course is eliminated.
Liberals are such children. Tell them that their expensive education in Early Celtic Transgender Basketweaving is worthless and they will immediately scream back "you don't want me to be a heart surgeon!"
A degree in basket weaving, sadly, is the equivalent of being a coal miner or a machinist or many other manual jobs that are declining or have gone away.
If the critics of worthless degrees must look at those with worthless skills as the same.
The key is to have a skill or a degree that will get you a job
Umm no it's not. You can't live without machinists and coal miners. Just because a job isn't happening in front of you doesn't mean you can get by without it being done.
Yes we need Coal Miners and factory workers but less than in the past and the demand is declining and will continue to decline. That is why there are so many unemployed coal miners and factory workers. There are still professional basket weavers but the demand is declining. There are still jobs making buggy whips. The key is to have a skill where there are as many jobs as there are people with the skill.

Democrats killed factory worker and coal miner jobs by increased business taxes driving factories off-shore and tyrannical EPA regs on fossil fuels, coal in particular.
Factory jobs have been substantially reduced because of a global economy and automation. Businesses can manufacturer many products much cheaper outside the USA. Donald Trump and Ivanka continue to use off shore manufacturing for products they sell. The USA manufacturers and distribution centers are becoming more automated reducing jobs. Coal demand is being reduced by cheaper options like oil through fracking and natural gas.
Simple minds have a hard time comprehending the real world so they blame things to make it easy on themselves

My son spent 8 years in the Army before starting his college career. and married two days before graduating high school. My daughter got married and gave me grandkids after dropping out of college and is a very successful loan officer. My other daughter graduated from college in four years and is an Army officer. I had three kids with three different levels of abilities and motivations. I have nieces and nephews that flit from one minimum wage job to another because their efforts at a high school education was below par. Not one has obtained a college degree. Expecting them to do more is unrealistic, but they are happy and healthy and doing what they apparently want to do.
Fortunately, forcing everyone to go to college is not something Democrats want to do. That's why Bernie, Hillary and Obama all promoted jobs training. Carpenters, electricians, machinists, plumbers and so on can all make a great living. There is only one party that cuts funding for jobs training:

Trump budget proposes 40% cut to job training programs

GOP extols worker training, then slashes funding

The GOP base has got to stop listening to these liars. At some point the damage caused by the GOP becomes irreparable. The black guy is gone. Time to start voting for their own self interests.
What you say makes too much sense. It contradicts the idiots on this site who want to blame all of their problems on Obama and the Democrats.

Isn't it ironic that only the uneducated believe that an education isn't necessary and is even undesirable? Even more so when they're told this by well educated people who ensure their own children are well educated as well.

I wonder why none of the Trump kids went into the trades?

They have the ability. Some people do not.

The Trump boys are idiots. Ivanka is the only one with a brain. She must have got it from her mother.

I find it difficult to believe that you are or were an educator. You have tremendous difficulty following a conversation and keeping it within the subject of the thread.
You respond to my posts as if they aren't part of a larger conversation.

This is the subject. Many have discounted the value of higher education. You don't believe there is value in obtaining a higher education even though you have personally benefitted?

You are the one having difficulty following the thread. Physician heal thyself!

According to Pew research, By a steep 22-point margin, Republicans now believe American colleges and universities have a net negative effect on the country. In 2010, Republicans still said college was a good thing by a 26-point margin. So that’s a complete collapse in GOP support for higher education (self-identified Democrats and independents have always thought college is good by overwhelming, 40-point plus margins, and still do).
Ever since the government got involved in a major way financing every moron, tuition has skyrocketed and left kids with a mountaint of debt they have no real chance of paying off. There are only a limited number of high paying jobs out there. The amount of debt kids are starting out in life with is ridiculous.

Ever since the government got involved in a major way financing every moron, tuition has skyrocketed and left kids with a mountaint of debt they have no real chance of paying off. There are only a limited number of high paying jobs out there. The amount of debt kids are starting out in life with is ridiculous.

So the fix is to make education free!!?? No one is forcing higher education.

I can understand how people would feel this way. I've got a four year degree but honestly my time in the military and technical training since then has been more useful. Plus universities have been high jacked by left wing extremists, and have become indoctrination centers for globalist progressives and cultural Marxists. The costs of universities is so high now was well. I think technical schools would make more sense for many people. For some career fields a four year university degree still makes the most sense, but for many career fields its a bit much, especially considering the cost.

But, if you would rather just dumb it down to "all Republicans hate education", then carry on with your fallacy.
36% of Republicans find a college degree very valuable.
One shoe does not fit all. College is good for many but not all.
People need to work on getting work no matter their resume. Whether it be a kid with a degree not in demand or a kid out of high school who says they are not going to college because it is not worth it; they need to get their asses in gear and figure out how they can get a job and not sit around and complain about it and blame the government.

yu kaint letum figger out tu much or theys'll kno repubbakins iz mostlee idgets .

f02cec561274b46ac32e64bc9c5e820e.png

If I was a kid listening to the morons like this guy, I would think I had no chance. There are ways to get a degree without huge debt.
Trade schools are great but if you need to find a trade in demand and hopefully growing.
This site is full of complaining, excuse making morons. There is still plenty of opportunity in the USA. It is different than 20 years ago and it will be different in another 20 years.
Those who do not make changes with the times end up being like the nay sayers on this site

I aint had no buncha book lernin' ' I dun purdee gud .. this here iz grade a shine !

182246_585341001476413_469347059_n.jpg

If you are an example of higher educations, they are probably right. Didn't you have to pass a reading comprehension test or take a course in basic logic? Believing (rightly) that many of our colleges and universities are little more than overpriced propaganda factories which produce political malcontents who do not contribute to our society in a constructive manner, this view does not portray a lack of value in higher education, nor does it represent a "dumbing down of the USA."
I went to college, I now have a net worth over 5 million dollars. I enjoy giving back to my community and nation for my good fortune.
College works if you work to make it work.
Too many Trump supporters don't want to work at obtaining the skills required in today's work force. Those skills can be obtained through higher education and trade schools.
Started taking trade courses in a CC in the '60's. Found I enjoyed taking courses in science, and continued, off and on, to this day. Getting close to having enough credits for a degree, will finish after I retire. The trade courses have resulted in a steady good income for all of my working career. And especially the last decade and a half. This year I have already received three raises, and one merit increase. You see, all too many people have convinced their children that education is foolish. So we have a lack of about 6 million technicians, electricians, millwrights, and automation people, in this nation. Many of these jobs, mine included, make over 100K a year. But we cannot get young people interested in them, because that requires going to school, and paying attention to the instructors. And learning such liberal values as algebra, trig, and geometry. Learning such radical things as keeping records on a computer. Oh yeah, all them thar freaky pointy head librul ideas.
If they restricted their education to those classes and classes that you actually need to do a real job then you would be right. But they have requirements demanding stuff like Music appreciation, A second language, biology when you're not a biologist, etc.

education equals higher standards of living. Perhaps the hop is looking for a low wage work force.

If you are an example of higher educations, they are probably right. Didn't you have to pass a reading comprehension test or take a course in basic logic? Believing (rightly) that many of our colleges and universities are little more than overpriced propaganda factories which produce political malcontents who do not contribute to our society in a constructive manner, this view does not portray a lack of value in higher education, nor does it represent a "dumbing down of the USA."
I went to college, I now have a net worth over 5 million dollars. I enjoy giving back to my community and nation for my good fortune.
College works if you work to make it work.
Too many Trump supporters don't want to work at obtaining the skills required in today's work force. Those skills can be obtained through higher education and trade schools.
Started taking trade courses in a CC in the '60's. Found I enjoyed taking courses in science, and continued, off and on, to this day. Getting close to having enough credits for a degree, will finish after I retire. The trade courses have resulted in a steady good income for all of my working career. And especially the last decade and a half. This year I have already received three raises, and one merit increase. You see, all too many people have convinced their children that education is foolish. So we have a lack of about 6 million technicians, electricians, millwrights, and automation people, in this nation. Many of these jobs, mine included, make over 100K a year. But we cannot get young people interested in them, because that requires going to school, and paying attention to the instructors. And learning such liberal values as algebra, trig, and geometry. Learning such radical things as keeping records on a computer. Oh yeah, all them thar freaky pointy head librul ideas.
If they restricted their education to those classes and classes that you actually need to do a real job then you would be right. But they have requirements demanding stuff like Music appreciation, A second language, biology when you're not a biologist, etc.
From the top ten nonsense degrees, Star Trek, the Philosophy of Harry Potter and offered at UCLA, Gay musicalogy.

Forum List

Back