🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Majority of Republicans do not see value in a higher education

College today is occupied by faculty and content that is "retarded" to put it kindly. Definitely a complete waste of money and time and in fact a danger to humanity.

Isn't it ironic that only the uneducated believe that an education isn't necessary and is even undesirable? Even more so when they're told this by well educated people who ensure their own children are well educated as well.

I wonder why none of the Trump kids went into the trades?

They have the ability. Some people do not.

If you graduated high school, then you have the same ability as everyone else. If you don't know how to exploit it, blame your parents for not preparing you.

Isn't it ironic that only the uneducated believe that an education isn't necessary and is even undesirable? Even more so when they're told this by well educated people who ensure their own children are well educated as well.

If you graduated high school, then you have the same ability as everyone else. If you don't know how to exploit it, blame your parents for not preparing you.

That is the most ignorant and totally obnoxious thing I have ever heard you say, and considering the stupid shit you post on a regular basis, that is a major accomplishment!

Graduating high school does not give you equal ability. I can multiply numbers in my head with great accuracy. My wife, who is also a college graduate, and works for a major cable provider, cannot do it without paper and pencil and a sufficient time to work it out. Equal ability? Not hardly. She has many talents where I repeatedly fall short of her ability. I have three children that are all different, yet two graduated from the same high school. One is an Army officer, another served as Army enlisted, and the final one is an accomplished loan officer for a credit company. They all have varying talents and abilities.

If you believe your statement in the red text is true, you are the biggest moron to grace this forum.

My first attempt at college I was a straight A student. My teacher gave me an F for attendance because I had to work 100 hours a week to pay for college and needed the sleep. I showed up and aced my tests. That is all that should've mattered.

My second attempt at college the instructor put the answers on the board because the school would not get accreditation if too many people flunked his course. That made all my studying pointless. I dropped out.

My third attempt at college, my english teacher gave me an F for being an asshole because I thought people should be responsible for their own actions. I flunked English because I refused to argue the side of Liberals.

My fourth attempt at college was on the internet. I aced all my classes, even the ones I didn't understand like Biology. I memorized all the answers to the quizzes prior to taking the 100 question tests and got a perfect score without knowing a damn thing about the subject. Now I'm the proud owner of an AA degree from a State Accredited college and employers could care less. But Uncle Sam wants their $42,000 in student loans back.

Now I'm the proud owner of an AA degree from a State Accredited college and employers could care less. But Uncle Sam wants their $42,000 in student loans back.

The sad thing is personnel departments are occupied by similar individuals as college professors. In other words, white males need not apply.

I have yet to hear an American say, when I graduate from high school, I am going to university. It is always a Canuck!

Foreigners often say that in regards to hospitals. "The victim went to hospital" instead of "the victim went to the hospital." Not sure how that form of incorrect English grammar evolved.

I have yet to hear an American say, when I graduate from high school, I am going to university. It is always a Canuck!

Foreigners often say that in regards to hospitals. "The victim went to hospital" instead of "the victim went to the hospital." Not sure how that form of incorrect English grammar evolved.

Very true!

That is the test I use when determining the source of the comic strips in the newspapers too!

If they say "to university" or "to hospital", it is a guarantee that the strip is Canadian.

My first attempt at college I was a straight A student. My teacher gave me an F for attendance because I had to work 100 hours a week to pay for college and needed the sleep. I showed up and aced my tests. That is all that should've mattered.

My second attempt at college the instructor put the answers on the board because the school would not get accreditation if too many people flunked his course. That made all my studying pointless. I dropped out.

My third attempt at college, my english teacher gave me an F for being an asshole because I thought people should be responsible for their own actions. I flunked English because I refused to argue the side of Liberals.

My fourth attempt at college was on the internet. I aced all my classes, even the ones I didn't understand like Biology. I memorized all the answers to the quizzes prior to taking the 100 question tests and got a perfect score without knowing a damn thing about the subject. Now I'm the proud owner of an AA degree from a State Accredited college and employers could care less. But Uncle Sam wants their $42,000 in student loans back.

I went to college for my BA, went back for my teaching certificate, and back again for my Masters degree. I don't think the total cost for all of that education would be any more than one fourth of your student loans.

It didn't cost me a dime as I was on scholarship and the GI Bill.

According to Pew research, By a steep 22-point margin, Republicans now believe American colleges and universities have a net negative effect on the country. In 2010, Republicans still said college was a good thing by a 26-point margin. So that’s a complete collapse in GOP support for higher education (self-identified Democrats and independents have always thought college is good by overwhelming, 40-point plus margins, and still do).
Trump represents the dumbing down of the USA

If you are an example of higher educations, they are probably right. Didn't you have to pass a reading comprehension test or take a course in basic logic? Believing (rightly) that many of our colleges and universities are little more than overpriced propaganda factories which produce political malcontents who do not contribute to our society in a constructive manner, this view does not portray a lack of value in higher education, nor does it represent a "dumbing down of the USA."
I went to college, I now have a net worth over 5 million dollars. I enjoy giving back to my community and nation for my good fortune.
College works if you work to make it work.
Too many Trump supporters don't want to work at obtaining the skills required in today's work force. Those skills can be obtained through higher education and trade schools.
Started taking trade courses in a CC in the '60's. Found I enjoyed taking courses in science, and continued, off and on, to this day. Getting close to having enough credits for a degree, will finish after I retire. The trade courses have resulted in a steady good income for all of my working career. And especially the last decade and a half. This year I have already received three raises, and one merit increase. You see, all too many people have convinced their children that education is foolish. So we have a lack of about 6 million technicians, electricians, millwrights, and automation people, in this nation. Many of these jobs, mine included, make over 100K a year. But we cannot get young people interested in them, because that requires going to school, and paying attention to the instructors. And learning such liberal values as algebra, trig, and geometry. Learning such radical things as keeping records on a computer. Oh yeah, all them thar freaky pointy head librul ideas.

Liberals are such children. Tell them that their expensive education in Early Celtic Transgender Basketweaving is worthless and they will immediately scream back "you don't want me to be a heart surgeon!"
A degree in basket weaving, sadly, is the equivalent of being a coal miner or a machinist or many other manual jobs that are declining or have gone away.
If the critics of worthless degrees must look at those with worthless skills as the same.
The key is to have a skill or a degree that will get you a job
Umm no it's not. You can't live without machinists and coal miners. Just because a job isn't happening in front of you doesn't mean you can get by without it being done.
Yes we need Coal Miners and factory workers but less than in the past and the demand is declining and will continue to decline. That is why there are so many unemployed coal miners and factory workers. There are still professional basket weavers but the demand is declining. There are still jobs making buggy whips. The key is to have a skill where there are as many jobs as there are people with the skill.

Democrats killed factory worker and coal miner jobs by increased business taxes driving factories off-shore and tyrannical EPA regs on fossil fuels, coal in particular.

Any one of those workers you mentioned could have formulated a plan to attend university and made a future outside of their familial legacies.
Plenty certainly have.

Fighting over a slice of a shrinking pie.

Policy is about growing the pie.

Which you libs are against.

According to Pew research, By a steep 22-point margin, Republicans now believe American colleges and universities have a net negative effect on the country. In 2010, Republicans still said college was a good thing by a 26-point margin. So that’s a complete collapse in GOP support for higher education (self-identified Democrats and independents have always thought college is good by overwhelming, 40-point plus margins, and still do).
Reps are sick and tired of watching gullible high school kids going into Liberal Indoctrination Centers and leaving with a (cough) 'degree' in medieval footwear history and being able to recite every word Alinsky wrote. AND having the 'Makers' AKA tax payers having to foot the 80K bill for defaulted student loans.
"Uncle Bob. Did you know in medieval times people used red beets to stain leather?" "No shit. Pass the mashed potatoes".

That explains how we got this government.
We stupid "rubes" are going to watch OUR President put two or three strict constitutionalists on the SC in the next three years. Then President Ivanka Trump will put another couple of them on the SC bench. That will mean a REP SC for the next four or five decades.
We sure are the stupid ones. HAAAA HAAAAA!

Wow, the stupid runs deep in that.
I agree, but Trump voters are very proud of that deeply running stupid in them.
You need to get out more and meet real people instead of cartoons.
I have. Not my fault most Trump supporters turn out to be cartoon parodies of themselves.
Obviously you have not, because you think that.
I have. And at this point, I think I can say I know that. Just had dinner with my dad and some of his friends earlier tonight. They briefly parroted Republican nonsense before going back to our unspoken agreement to never talk about politics. Happened moments after they said liberals were inviting sharia law into the country, and I reminded them that it's conservatives who are fighting to codify the same beliefs of sharia into law in this country.
Did your dad pay for your dinner again?

That is the most ignorant and totally obnoxious thing I have ever heard you say, and considering the stupid shit you post on a regular basis, that is a major accomplishment!

Graduating high school does not give you equal ability. I can multiply numbers in my head with great accuracy. My wife, who is also a college graduate, and works for a major cable provider, cannot do it without paper and pencil and a sufficient time to work it out. Equal ability? Not hardly. She has many talents where I repeatedly fall short of her ability. I have three children that are all different, yet two graduated from the same high school. One is an Army officer, another served as Army enlisted, and the final one is an accomplished loan officer for a credit company. They all have varying talents and abilities.

If you believe your statement in the red text is true, you are the biggest moron to grace this forum.

What gives the Trump children more ability than anyone else?

Trump did not cause this loss of confidence in colleges and universities, the colleges and universities did that. Students are running up debts in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for degrees that do not improve their career prospects. Did you think people wouldn't notice?
Once again, the opinion of the typical right winger.

They think because they are sheeple and have been brainwashed to believe nonsense, everyone believes that nonsense.

Who it's sad for are their children. When normal people and immigrants send their children to those institutions of higher learning where our technology and science flourish, the children of sheeple who barely manage to graduate high school will go to Christian colleges and "earn" a BS in Bible Studies. This is why most Red States simply can't complete. At some point, we have to stop giving them so much food stamps and welfare. It doesn't motivate them to learn and become good tax paying and productive citizens. They even elect an Orange Clown as president and embarrass us to the world. I for one, am sick of it

Why don't you make that determination for yourself?

If you think you can drop a student who barely can qualify as being literate because of a learning disability into an MBA program, have them graduate, and then slap them into the seat as the CEO of a major company, just go for it! Let me know how that works out?

They probably would not last one semester in college, but they can do a great job rounding up carts at Walmart!

If you think you can drop a student who barely can qualify as being literate because of a learning disability into an MBA program, have them graduate, and then slap them into the seat as the CEO of a major company, just go for it! Let me know how that works out?

They probably would not last one semester in college, but they can do a great job rounding up carts at Walmart!
So, your argument is that all people who don't go to college are just too dumb?

melkerpost.jpg

So, your argument is that all people who don't go to college are just too dumb?

Not at all. But we shouldn't be forcing people into a college career path if that is doomed to failure.

My best friend and I were two of the top students in my high school class. Neither one of us went to college straight out of high school. I joined the Navy and he drove a dry cleaning company's delivery van.

I had a good career in the Navy and have been a teacher for over 20 years. He is a vice president of Delta Dental.

My son spent 8 years in the Army before starting his college career. and married two days before graduating high school. My daughter got married and gave me grandkids after dropping out of college and is a very successful loan officer. My other daughter graduated from college in four years and is an Army officer. I had three kids with three different levels of abilities and motivations. I have nieces and nephews that flit from one minimum wage job to another because their efforts at a high school education was below par. Not one has obtained a college degree. Expecting them to do more is unrealistic, but they are happy and healthy and doing what they apparently want to do.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back