Majority Want Citizenship Question On Census, 53%-32%

More data points are a good thing.

I don't know the bullshit partisan political ramifications on this, and I don't care.
The purpose of the census is to determine representation in Congress.

Amazing you leftists are so ignorant of this basic fact.
LOLOL

Seems you're the one who's ignorant of basic facts. Since the Constitutional apportionment of U.S. representatives is based on "counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed," and not just citizens -- you just blew up your own reason for why we should add that question to the census.

rte4uf.gif

we absolutely have to have this data to know who's in our country. i cannot fundamentally understand why anybody wouldn't want it!

I don't know the bullshit partisan political ramifications on this, and I don't care.

LOLOL

Seems you're the one who's ignorant of basic facts. Since the Constitutional apportionment of U.S. representatives is based on "counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed," and not just citizens -- you just blew up your own reason for why we should add that question to the census.

rte4uf.gif
It also counted black saves as 3/5 of a person. Is that what you're defending?

More data points are a good thing, but a drop in response rates is a very bad thing
If all the illegals answered it, you wouldn't be saying that.

But they won’t. Even the Trump Admin admits the response rate will go down with the question added.

Response rates play a huge role in data accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Same reason they want open borders. It goes hand in hand with dropping anchor babies.

No, that’s just the opposite.

WTF are you talking about?

The open border gets illegals here and they will respond to the census if their citizenship isn't questioned and they get more representatives in Congress. And they drop anchor babies who will be of voting age in 18 years

Illegal aliens are unlikely to respond anyway. People born in the US are US citizens.
Every address in America get a census form that has to be filled out.
After a certain date, a gov. rep will follow up on the addresses with no response.

It sucks to be a Democrat these days. Americans hate everything Democrats are for.
Is that why America elected a democrat as president for 8 years prior to Trump? Sorry dude, but your crazy theories are just that... crazy
Obama got elected on traditional marriage, lower taxes, and smaller government.
Like all Democrats, he ran as a conservative Republican.
Yes, fucking moron, conservative Republican issues like healthcare reform and raising taxes.

Most of the illegal aliens are in Democrat states they want to use the responses as leverage.

Not really accurate. The top 10 states for illegals is split 5 and 5 between blue and red states.

A higher percent of Texas' overall population is illegal than even Cali

U.S. unauthorized immigrant population estimates by state, 2016

So why are there ANY fucking illegal aliens in this country?

There should be a national ballot to see who supports illegal immigration and those people should be sent an invoice from the government for the cost of them.

There are illegals because our elected officials have ignored them for decades and because companies are willing to pay them for coming here.

More data points are a good thing, but a drop in response rates is a very bad thing

But they won’t. Even the Trump Admin admits the response rate will go down with the question added.

Are you an American citizen son?

You didn't get the point.

Same reason they want open borders. It goes hand in hand with dropping anchor babies.

The open border gets illegals here and they will respond to the census if their citizenship isn't questioned and they get more representatives in Congress. And they drop anchor babies who will be of voting age in 18 years

Illegal aliens are unlikely to respond anyway. People born in the US are US citizens.
After a certain date, a gov. rep will follow up on the addresses with no response.

No answering the door either. If the word gets around the form must be answered it will be randomly filled in like a dumb kid taking the SAT. Meaningless either way.

Most of the illegal aliens are in Democrat states they want to use the responses as leverage.

Not really accurate. The top 10 states for illegals is split 5 and 5 between blue and red states.

A higher percent of Texas' overall population is illegal than even Cali

U.S. unauthorized immigrant population estimates by state, 2016

So why are there ANY fucking illegal aliens in this country?

There should be a national ballot to see who supports illegal immigration and those people should be sent an invoice from the government for the cost of them.

There are illegals because our elected officials have ignored them for decades and because companies are willing to pay them for coming here.

They are illegals because they crossed our border without our permission. They are solely to blame for their status.

No answering the door either. If the word gets around the form must be answered it will be randomly filled in like a dumb kid taking the SAT. Meaningless either way.
Good grief, really?

It sucks to be a Democrat these days. Americans hate everything Democrats are for.
Is that why America elected a democrat as president for 8 years prior to Trump? Sorry dude, but your crazy theories are just that... crazy
Yes, fucking moron, conservative Republican issues like healthcare reform and raising taxes.
Your post doesn't make any sense.

LOLOL

rte4uf.gif
Holyfuckingshit! :eusa_doh:

No, ya fucking moron. I quoted the 14th Amendment which stipulates we count the "whole" number of "persons" with the only exception being Indians who are not taxed.

Your post doesn't make any sense.
Maybe not to fucking morons.

What would the citizenship question add to the purpose of the census? I always thought the census was needed for districting, school funding, Congressional representation etc.
What is the positive effect of such a question?

How much say do you think foreigners should have in how our country is governed?

Should foreigners residing in this country, legally or otherwise, be counted for purposes of allocating representation in Congress and in the Electoral College?

I say that they should not, that only citizens are entitled to such representation that to allow such representation to foreigners amounts to allowing undue foreign interference in our electoral and government processes. But how is such representation to be limited to citizens only, if foreigners are included in the census, without being distinguished from citizens?

LOLOL

rte4uf.gif
Holyfuckingshit! :eusa_doh:

No, ya fucking moron. I quoted the 14th Amendment which stipulates we count the "whole" number of "persons" with the only exception being Indians who are not taxed.

(smile) Tell us son, WHICH person' were to be counted....to WHOM did the 14th apply?

Good grief, really?

Yup.

Forum List

Back