🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Making Education Great Again...

Was George Washington a Deist, as reported by the first history book I
researched?

Really? How are you going to teach History without talking about religious ideas? Literature? Political Science?
That's not what I mean. I mean discussing the value or truth of religious ideas. I can teach about the inquisition and the Crusade without even for a second litigating the truth of magical Bible bullshit.

Sounds like you want to impose your religious beliefs on students. That's unethical.
No it doesn't, and what a silly thing to say.

It sure does.

But....they have learned how to vote.....

They have the right to vote. It was given to them by God through the Constitution.

"...the right to vote. It was given to them by God through the Constitution."

Well put.

But the pejorative that you detect is that the direction of said vote is due to indoctrination, not education.

I thought we were talking about American math education compared to Chinese math education....

And what do you think about that topic?

I think we are doing quite well.

Great

Was George Washington a Deist, as reported by the first history book I
researched?

1. No, he wasn't.....was your history book by the communist, Howard Zinn?

Did you get it autographed?

2. Here’s what we can say for certain about their religious beliefs.

a) All of the Founders believed in a transcendent God, that is, a Creator who exists outside of nature.
b) All the Founders believed in a God who imposes moral obligations on human beings
c) All the Founders believed in a God who punishes bad behavior and rewards good behavior in an afterlife."

Were the Founders Religious?

3. As the dupes of the Left throw around terms to make their case, let's see what "Deist" actually means.

As there is far, far too much evidence for the Judeo-Christian basis of our nation, those on the Left....desiring to adhere to Marx's doctrines....attempt to call the Founders 'deists' to attempt to pry them from being called 'religious.'

4. de•ism
noun
belief in the existence of a supreme being, specifically of a creator who does not intervene in the universe. The term is used chiefly of an intellectual movement of the 17th and 18th centuries that accepted the existence of a creator on the basis of reason but rejected belief in a supernatural deity who interacts with humankind. Google

5. "The notion that any of the Founders believed in an impersonal deity who merely created the universe and then left it to itself is false. All of them believed in a God who, as Franklin said at the Constitutional Convention, “governs in the affairs of men.”

6. Let’s start with George Washington.

Washington’s writings, both public and private, are full of references to the Bible. This is certainly true during his eight years as the first President of the United States.

Here is Washington at his first Inaugural:
“The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right, which Heaven itself has ordained.”
In all likelihood, Washington was an orthodox Christian.

Nope, wasn't history by Zinn but another historian. Do you still believe in the cherry tree incident by historian Parson Weems?

Nope, wasn't history by Zinn but another historian. Do you still believe in the cherry tree incident by historian Parson Weems?

Here’s what we can say for certain about their religious beliefs.

a) All of the Founders believed in a transcendent God, that is, a Creator who exists outside of nature.
b) All the Founders believed in a God who imposes moral obligations on human beings
c) All the Founders believed in a God who punishes bad behavior and rewards good behavior in an afterlife."

Don't you want to thank me for educating you?

American education suck because the Christians try and teach genesis and the Noah's are real. Right away its doomed to failure.

Total BS! The last time Noah was even mentioned in public school was back in the 50's when our test scores were highest. All Progressives have done to our educational system is make is progressively worse for kids to succeed; it's intellectual pedophilia

...AND YOU FUCKERS MADE US PAY FOR IT!

Has anyone come up with an answer to the question: When was American education great?

American education suck because the Christians try and teach genesis and the Noah's are real. Right away its doomed to failure.

Of course you're lying.

No I don't think so, esp in the southern states. Why in the world do they have an ark in Kentucky for. I am for separation of church and state and the line is getting very blurred.

Lets really be a Christian nation, bring back stoning , you know like the jews use to do. Lets go back to 1950, that is where we are heading with the Pubs in control.
An ark in Kentucky? Seriously --- THAT is what is wrong with education???

It's a fucking tourist trap ---- damn!

As for the rest of your nonsensical rant, it's --- uhhh ----- nonsensical.

Education to a conservative is stuck in the 19th century and has only to do with the bible.

It is a joke

Wanna compare your educational resume with mine?

Say when.

Cut'n Paste U

She's not running any sock accounts. You?
?

PC does not run any sock account, can you say the same?

WTF? :ack-1:

Real education involves discipline, and accountability....both from students and teachers.
The student must have a base of knowledge.

Here's proof it works:

1 . The “Massachusetts miracle,” in which Bay State students’ soaring test scores broke records, was the direct consequence of the state legislature’s passage of the 1993 Education Reform Act, which established knowledge-based standards for all grades and a rigorous testing system linked to the new standards. And those standards, Massachusetts reformers have acknowledged, are Hirsch’s legacy.

2. In the new millennium, Massachusetts students have surged upward on the biennial National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)—“the nation’s report card,” as education scholars call it.

On the 2005 NAEP tests, Massachusetts ranked first in the nation in fourth- and eighth-grade reading and fourth- and eighth-grade math. It then repeated the feat in 2007. No state had ever scored first in both grades and both subjects in a single year—let alone for two consecutive test cycles.

On another reliable test, the Trends in International Math and Science Studies, the state’s fourth-graders last year ranked second globally in science and third in math, while the eighth-graders tied for first in science and placed sixth in math. (States can volunteer, as Massachusetts did, to have their students compared with national averages.) The United States as a whole finished tenth.
E. D. Hirsch’s Curriculum for Democracy

Here's the central precept for actually educating students:

"Hirsch was also convinced that the problem of inadequate background knowledge began in the early grades. Elementary school teachers thus had to be more explicit about imparting such knowledge to students—indeed, this was even more important than teaching the “skills” of reading and writing, Hirsch believed. Hirsch’s insight contravened the conventional wisdom in the nation’s education schools: that teaching facts was unimportant, and that students instead should learn “how to” skills. …expanded the argument in a 1983 article, titled “Cultural Literacy,” in The American Scholar."
Ibid.
I agree totally. The only way to teach skills is to teach knowledge. I'm 100% behind the idea of cultural literacy. It just makes sense, and it was once the basis of our education system. It is what made America great.

Forum List

Back